Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO is still legit?  (Read 4264 times)
chuanpu

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:45:52 AM

There is no clear rule that ICO is illegal, then I think the risk of investing in ICO projects is very big. You must have enough confidence to invest in it. I think that investing in ICO is a very crazy move. I hope you can be careful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:13:49 AM

whether ico legit or not is depends on the company that run the ICO itself.
but a non legit ico may seems like a legit ico at the first.
The scam ICO won't able to scam peoples if at the first, peoples immediately know that they are scam.
valerie0216

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:24:55 AM

We can't say ICO is legit, as we experiencing now adays. Many ICO's are scammers, we should aware of it. Be sure of what project are you joining.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:13:17 AM

I think if the project is really good enough and have a good dev and the team then we can say that ico is legit. but if they don't have a good plan for their project then it's far from legit and it's only waiting for the time to fail. so far, there are many good ico that still legit but it's hard to find because they need to prove in the long-term journey and if only the price that is increased, it's not enough to be a good ico. I am sure as long as the ico still working on their project, the ico can be a legit project that will make their investor can take their profit too.
Step NOY

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:20:46 AM

Depends on the ICO. If we are talking about really good and not Scam ICO projects, then Yes it is legal, because you invest for the benefit of a good idea, and not on drugs or something like that.
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:53:37 PM

You have to make a research and find out all the factors that determinate if an ICO is scam or not. One of them is to check the team behind the project. Check their names if they are real, check their projects history and also try to contact them through mobile and talk about the ICO. A legit ICO should have all information about them on the website including name and address of the company, email, social media pages and in some cases mobile phone. Don't miss anything thinking that is not important because you will feel sorry later.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
newdevices

Activity: 1048
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:12:15 PM

You have to make a research and find out all the factors that determinate if an ICO is scam or not. One of them is to check the team behind the project. Check their names if they are real, check their projects history and also try to contact them through mobile and talk about the ICO. A legit ICO should have all information about them on the website including name and address of the company, email, social media pages and in some cases mobile phone. Don't miss anything thinking that is not important because you will feel sorry later.
yes it is the right step to convince myself, but if it is doubt / afraid to invest in ico, should not be forced, rather than finally regret,
if it has the capital, just use for trading
SupplyBloc

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:22:33 PM

Dive into the team and project. Join the telegram, and personally talk with the team. I can tell you from being apart of an upcoming ICO, the team is busy, but NEVER too busy to talk to its investors. Feel free to reach out to us.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:50:19 PM

From experience and taking help/advice from reputed advisers of ICO/projects, there are lot of things which should be considered before investing in an ICO because market is full of fraud people so it become difficult to distinguish legit and scam projects.
To do a quick review of a project always check the team, whitepaper and partners (linked to project) etc.

catok broek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:02:45 PM

there is no accurate way to know the legitimate ICO to avoid fraud so as not to lose, as it requires high accuracy in learning and ensures in the ICO project you need to know from one developer to communicate intensely about the project.
kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:09:50 PM

From experience and taking help/advice from reputed advisers of ICO/projects, there are lot of things which should be considered before investing in an ICO because market is full of fraud people so it become difficult to distinguish legit and scam projects.
To do a quick review of a project always check the team, whitepaper and partners (linked to project) etc.

In addition to choosing the right project, you need to be more careful with scammers who masquerade as project employees. I myself faced these scammers. The fraudster started to write to me in private messages, the nickname of which differed by one letter from the administrator of the channel telegram. The swindler offered me a discount when investing.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:51:27 PM

Here is lot of iCO. How i find legit ICO.
As far as I know, people from USA, Canada, China, Singapore and some other countries are prohibited from participating in ICO, and residents of all other countries can freely participate in the ICO. In all other countries there is no official ban on holding and participating in the ICO, and what is not prohibited by law is not illegal. This means that in most countries ICO is not prohibited and you can participate.
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:00:04 PM

There are very big risks that now it is not profitable to invest in ICO, because there is a large portion of scam projects that are very well disguised as normal projects, to a great extent the crypto currency world still does not have tools for detecting scam.
cicak88

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:08:49 PM

Of course it is still legt. There is no tegulation yet, projects need starting funds and currently initial coin offeringns are the way to do that.
DevilDevil

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:09:10 PM

Despite what you understand under legality. Many companies are introducing ICO under child projects. In such a model, they will of course be legal. 
MobaAnalog

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:09:44 PM

Most of the ICOs are legit, but to find a good one to participate in will require a lot of research, by knowing the team behind the project and study the white paper to know where exactly the project is going.
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:12:05 PM

Answering the initial question of this thread: yes, ICO is still legit.

It is now even more legit, than was before. Why?

1. There are official recognition of ICO as a crowd-funding approach coming in several countries. It is yet to come in many others, but the process has started and has no reason to stop. ICOs are being recognized in one way or another, and even countries, which banned ICOs before, will most likely allow it, when the guideline and the industry regulations will be up to their standards. That means, that ICOs are getting legitimate.

2. ICOs is now coming through a way more thorough due diligence and review, comparing the the state of 6 months before and even comparing to this February. It is visible, how sky rocketed during the past 3 months the requirements for information disclosure, the team experience, the projections, the quality of smart contracts and IT solutions etc.

3. We can now see less fraud in ICOs, and almost no shitty project has a chance to get funded.

4. Combined gains from ICOs are also in a green area. It is not a money pit.

I can go on with that list, but the main idea doesn't need it: ICO industry is growing up, it matures, it becomes a legit part of the modern economy.
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:15:11 PM

The question you should ask yourself is p,what makes an ICO to be legit. Most ICO will in all ways present themselves as legit, but there are some factors you should look out for when investing into any ICO. First, is a well written white paper, which must explicitly talk about the intent of the project. Second is the team, it must gave a working team. Third, is the use case and fourth is the community. There are other factors as well.
swsonia

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:18:29 PM

One of the most obvious red flags for a scam project is the lack of detail on how the technology works.
ICOs often list their advisors on their websites. So should also verify whether the advisors are legitimate.
Often, ICO projects will have dedicated Slack or Telegram channels. Through periodic updates distributed on these channels, potential investors can get a sense of how the project is developing.
...in my opinion, social networks are insanely revealing
Mr Airdrop Infinity Lover

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:51:14 PM

Better than finding a legit ico is THUG Coin which has no ICO, you will not have to deal with ICO when you have a very promising community like THUG, They give coins for free through bounties, They are 100% Legit and what makes them even better is that the give coins for free without having an ico, check them out on social medias and exchanges
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: