Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:11:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4096 times)
cryptobucs

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:03:02 PM

Scam means dishonesty or fraud. That is why people are calling some airdrop as a scam because they didnt give the rewards as they promised even it is free. The bottomline is we are promised to be rewarded after signing up but they didnt give back anything, we already call that as scam or fraud.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:28:16 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

i dont think it is a scam, but the airdrops usually give a small rewards for their participants.
if there are airdrops that requiring kyc, you should not participate on that airdrop.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:17:22 PM

Mostly good things are never free. If something is free it is most likely a scam. Airdrops on the other hands can be scams by their own right. They are also a way for the project owners to get a lot of people interested in their coin because if you are holding some of their tokens then you are automatically interested in the project which could end up convincing you to invest in their coin.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:34:41 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Under the term of scam people mean as I understand the airdropped coin that you get but after you can not do nothing with it. It doesn’t grow, it can not be exchanged on any other currency. Here is a sense.
Though not all, here are some free that can be scam which used to get the information of the participant. Like airdrop, you cannot trusted all of it because some project are used to find a good victim to get their account. Sometimes not being listed and no value in the market which make as shitcoins.

heshamyasin1

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:36:21 PM

maybe they have deepweb tools to check on your eth address
mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:37:53 PM

Airdrop campaigns usually do not have to spend a lot of time, just leave the information and wait for the distribute Token. But the tokens get almost no value because those ICOs are not potential. Airdrop is only valid when it applies to bounty participants, and they are rewarded more with airdrop. The KYC of airdrop is stupid and not necessary.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:45:54 PM

Free Airdrops can certainly be a scam... perfect example: OTHO

Everything looked legit... got free tokens and then tokens started to be traded on a DEX.

They promoted what was going to be monthly HODLer airdrops after the initial airdrop, with a tiered structure - the more you owned, the bigger the slice of the next airdrop, so people subsequently were incentivised to go and buy tokens on the DEX to reach a higher tier.

subsequent airdrops never happened.

It was simply an elaborate plan to get a quick buck - it was the project team selling the tokens on the DEX to all the people looking to top up, and then they vanished.
padsbzub6666

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:56:38 PM

Many of the airdrops are not airdrops, they ask for email and sometimes even for KYC information and thus they can be a scam indeed and the data may end up in the darkweb.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:33:26 PM

Yes, some airdrops can be a scam in a way that they might claim to give you some free coins that they will be distributing it after their token sale completion for joining their telegram group, following on twitter so that their community grows and they can attract more legit investors to buy their coins & in the end the ICO makes an exit scam without distributing airdrop coins and coins to the investors. Also, everyone should avoid those airdrop coins that require KYC, don't sell your information for just a few tokens that have a value of just ~5$ it could be nearer to scam.
marinsoalan079

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:34:59 PM

An absolutely normal phenomenon which is impossible to ignore.I think that over time sites will release some ograniczenie or learn how to distinguish between scams
Ilefotobad

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:32:50 PM

At times. When something is free, it's possible to be a scam and also a waste of time. At times they might ask you to provide your private key so as for them to believe that the wallet address is really yours.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:40:12 PM

The scammers always make those things look free but its actually not free because once they ask for your email address, they will do everything to hack into your email account in order to get any information such as private key so they can move the funds in your wallet.

lettypace

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:13:19 AM

Maybe it can be said yes because something free it will not be the same as what we ourselves because getting something free is easy but with most of the free it sometimes there is a scam and Airdrops may not look like a scam because they only give away free coins if you get a free coin lest you give your e-mail address
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:47:05 PM

Yes they can be a scam. An airdrop gives free coins or tokens, but before they give it to you, you will be required to do something like registering to their sites. If you have done all their requirements and still not receiving free coins or just receiving shitcoins, that is when it can be called a scam. Also they often attract a lot of subscribers. And thus want to show that they are very popular and thus attract investors from scratch.
JulkaEsya

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:03:29 PM

Each airdrop implies a certain project in the future and how many projects for the successful implementation of their business plan need to be implemented so the campaign distributes its coins. And if the project promises anything and does not pay even free coins is a real fraud only for their own purposes! This is the probing of the market and the preparation of the reverse plan of campaigns for example by the method of the reverse! Why are they not scammers, these are the first steps of scammers!
Thing thing

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:37:06 AM

There is nothing free here. The only thing free is in the mouse trap. But getting ethereum and email address wont be enough to steal your private keys,remember not to use your main email address with these free airdrops.
trantu0490

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:25:05 PM

Fraud can be any project. Even that has passed all the tests. What prevents great team to simply collect all the money and running. So there is need to know the history of the team and the predisposition to such methods.
cryptobucs

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:29:18 PM

Yes. Eventhough its free, they promise to give a rewards in exchange on signing the airdrop. Once they didnt fulfill that promise it is consider as a fraud or scam.
wh0cares

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:18:56 PM

Yeah alot of them are scams and you end up giving away personal information such as your identity number but I still know alot of people who make money off airdrops.
maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:21:19 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
There are several projects that send us the mail and require us to have a KYC account to receive a token from the Airdrop submission site. But when I click on the link in the project mail, it leads me to a fake myethwallet website. I think such projects are scam projects
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: