Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:13:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4096 times)
svobodnyi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:50:50 PM

In some airdrop are asked to enter not an ethereum wallet number, but a private key!
That's funny! But some people do introduce

nlaara12

Activity: 238
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 10:07:04 PM

Its possible for free thing to be a scam in the sense that those giving free tokens to participant might have hidden agenda towards it. For instance, giving out your E-mail address may prompt them to send phishing site to your mail that might lead to you be scammed and your coins being stolen.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
Giolmol

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:30:38 PM

AIRDROP and BOUNTY crusades shouldnt be requesting your private keys and anything that is personal,email delivers can be use to send you some phishing joins so it implies that you should give sham email tends to so these individuals wont send spam email connects to you on the grounds that on the off chance that you are uninformed you will get hacked and you will lose the greater part of your cash.
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:36:49 PM

Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.
Exactly, time is very precious so if you waste your time filling forms and at the end nothing beneficial comes out of it, then I can boldly say you have been scammed. What about the anticipation the induced you into and the failed promises? I don’t think scamming is limited to someone taking something from you and refusing to fulfill his part of the deal.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
global110

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 02:39:42 PM

Actually, most free things are scam. Because they believe many people will join. Yes free things can be scam,,; scam of your data, your time, your personal info, like email, telegram id, wallet address which they can scan to know the worthy of your wallet. So yes something free can be scam. Being careful is just your best shot. Not all free things should one join. Study it first
tesla80

Activity: 448
Merit: 89

Full Stack Engineer

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:43:06 PM

Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.
Addition to this;
Especially be careful when giving your personal identity, this is something private and should not be shared in public at all. You may earn some little bucks with that but later you can face a lot of difficulties in your life.
If you rethink, all free web sites or programs collect some info from you.

Cyber Security, Mobile Security, Web/Desktop/Embedded Programming, Electronics, M2M, IoT
HolderLoo

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:49:31 PM

Although we always have a lot of projects and scams that exist in this field. but sometimes it is not absolute. There are many free airdrop / bounty launch projects under their own rules. and many have achieved great value. Therefore, the way we see and choose is very significant.
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:56:07 PM

Usually those free are scams. But don't expect also that investing of those ICO are all real. Actually, some of them are also scam even it is not free and you need to invest large amount of money. Free airdrops also are real and i get some rewards from it. So i did not believe that all free are fake.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 03:02:14 PM

as attaining within field of moderation, users or clients to work on following request of completion as the use with request and reference to returns with one on nominals on valuation as the shifts on differences to expect with the chance on relative as disputing option as the submission of funds on exchange with the table of regulation as offers from the token developer.

Harry1v

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

Many airdrops are scams that use airdrops to swindle investors out of their information and then steal investors' encryption step by step.

LavernB

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:09:30 PM

Yes, It can be a scam. Usually the coins that are airdropped are also sold at ICOs. And they usually ask you to downlaod an app, register in their website, join a telegram group, follow them on facebook, follow on twitter, etc. They want to have many subscribers and followers to show that they have a lot of fans.
They want you to help them to attract investors.

Well isn't that the point of airdrops and all other giveaways, to get more people interested. Why would anyone give anything for free? You gotta earn it somehow.
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:10:04 PM

Exactly, time is very precious so if you waste your time filling forms and at the end nothing beneficial comes out of it, then I can boldly say you have been scammed. What about the anticipation the induced you into and the failed promises? I don’t think scamming is limited to someone taking something from you and refusing to fulfill his part of the deal.
I agree with both of you. I would like to add that you might not lose only your time and personal data, but also a reputation by promoting a scam project, so for you it would be harder to participate in good projects.
Anies_Sandi

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:12:46 PM

Usually those free are scams. But don't expect also that investing of those ICO are all real. Actually, some of them are also scam even it is not free and you need to invest large amount of money. Free airdrops also are real and i get some rewards from it. So i did not believe that all free are fake.

not everything for free is fraud. depending on the truth, some give free but it is a lie and some are honest, so in searching for anything we can get for free then we must first check before proceeding to next thing.
Wearegoodfrends

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:16:38 PM

ICO which holds airdrop can certainly be a scam. For example, they need it for advertising, so that more users join their telegram group. All this is aimed at deceiving potential investors.
joeflicker

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:31:08 PM

Everything that inflict a financial loss to ourself was called scam I think. Whatever if you are losing your wealth or money by taken within other people, you waste your time to join people project that you will promised to be rewarded in the future but until the payment time you still don't get the payment. It was all harmful.
Douglasyukanov
Copper Member

Activity: 346

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:40:46 PM

Many things can be a scam including something free can also be a scam as well as a free airdrop.
Various scam forms that can happen here, personal data scams, token scams or even help promote a particular ICO that does not produce anything that wastes our time .
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:50:15 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

even the real ico can be scam
and the meaning of this scam means it's like a dust,
useless just shit token.
did u understand what i talking about

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
Nikolya

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:52:43 PM

As they say, until you take part you will not understand the scum or not. However, if the project is really unsuccessful, you will lose a lot of time.
rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:00:13 PM

hello mate, if you just referring to a scam is just same as you join some airdrops filled up the forms with your information correctly and doesn't receive any coin for that project it would called it an scam especially if all participants join for that airdrop doesn't receive coins with there project.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:02:07 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
If you are promised to get something and then you do not get it you were scammed, you must remember that you are using your time to get coins and if you use your time to get some coins and at the end you do not get them that is a scam, second you are underestimating scammers they are very smart, if they have your email they could hack you and you could lose your money that way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: