Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:30:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Pigeoncoin (PGN) – a cryptocurrency network with a new X16S (shuffle) algo  (Read 618423 times)
sunc

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:40:12 AM

When is it expected listing the exchange?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
staticosaur

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:35:52 AM

mining with my 1070 TIs

+100 core
-200 mem
65% power

Getting around 10.2 Mh/s per card

Why do you set your memory to minus 200?

With the same card, I used +200 core, +500 memory and the hr is around 12,5.
Lucky-marsik

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:40:13 AM

Than mining this bird's coin? the first time I hear about the algorithm x16. The road first

principino1984

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:44:09 AM

A reminder for those that don't read all pages:  the ANN itself says this:

On day five, I asked our group of twelve to start onboarding more miners...

For 5 days, it was mined by only 12 people.  These 12 are going to get rich from your buys.

I like how people these days get out of admitting there was a pre-mine.  Sometimes it is "oh we were just testing network".  But this is a new one: "oh I was mining with 11 friends, so it is not a pre-mine".

If the 12 founders think I'm just being a troll, how about you actually either (1) explain why letting 12 people "early mine" makes for a fair launch, or (2) actually make it fair by burning everything you mined in the first 5 days?

If your answer to (1) is "we posted a discord link in one place, anyone could have joined (even though only like 100 people look at the place we posted the link)", try again.

ALSO:

The next day, last night, a GPU randowhale nearly burned down the network.

The difficulty on your network adjusts REALLY slow.  How many blocks did this "randowhale" take?  3000?  5000?  Why shouldn't investors be *TERRIFIED* of this guy dumping?  This is the REASON every coin should make a fair launch: if the network had been public from the start, your CPU hash would have been a lot higher than 20 MH, and other people would have been working on a public GPU miner sooner.

EDIT: More math:

Blocktime is 1 min = 1440 blocks/day.  Yet at the time of this ANN, over 23,000 blocks were gone.  So no, it wasn't just a "six day premine".  16 days' worth of blocks were taken in those 6 days (because of how slo your difficulty moves).

Let's be frank and call a spade a spade. What they did was equivalent to a premine. They probably have tens of millions by now and they plan to get rich. If other miners are not bothered by this, then maybe they also plan to get rich or gain some profit if PGN pumps an dumps. So far, there is no clear plan or objective for this coin except having a new algo. Will that change? Who knows? For now we are all just speculating for a possible profit.

totallty agree with you. I'm mining this coin only for speculation.. I've set one of mine 6x1080ti rig on suprnova for today, then I'll revert again on rvn. BAsically I don't see any plans or future for this coin... it's just some kind of a fork from rvn with no project at all behind.

At least the algo is nice
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:54:37 AM

For 5 days, it was mined by only 12 people.  These 12 are going to get rich from your buys.

I like how people these days get out of admitting there was a pre-mine.  Sometimes it is "oh we were just testing network".  But this is a new one: "oh I was mining with 11 friends, so it is not a pre-mine".

If the 12 founders think I'm just being a troll, how about you actually either (1) explain why letting 12 people "early mine" makes for a fair launch, or (2) actually make it fair by burning everything you mined in the first 5 days?

If your answer to (1) is "we posted a discord link in one place, anyone could have joined (even though only like 100 people look at the place we posted the link)", try again.

ALSO:

The difficulty on your network adjusts REALLY slow.  How many blocks did this "randowhale" take?  3000?  5000?  Why shouldn't investors be *TERRIFIED* of this guy dumping?  This is the REASON every coin should make a fair launch: if the network had been public from the start, your CPU hash would have been a lot higher than 20 MH, and other people would have been working on a public GPU miner sooner.

Blocktime is 1 min = 1440 blocks/day.  Yet at the time of this ANN, over 23,000 blocks were gone.  So no, it wasn't just a "six day premine".  16 days' worth of blocks were taken in those 6 days (because of how slo your difficulty moves).

Raised the same thing a few pages back. Only thing you will be met with is silence.  All it is just a pump and dump scheme for the 12 friends to make some BTC

Was hoping there was something more. Anyways all the best, not worth the effort
sefirotius

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:15:04 AM

When is it expected listing the exchange?
very soon look discord see announcements

[Senior Member]

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀       
I  D  E  N  A       
Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency       

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S       
               ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀       
D O W N L O A D

Idena node      
▐         
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██            ▄▄▄   ██▄
▄██   █▄       █████▄▀ ██▄
██    ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀   ██
██     ██████████████   ██
██      █████████████   ██
██       ▀██████████    ██
▀██      ▄████████▀    ██▀
▀██ ▄▄████████▀▀     ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
      ███

███   
REQUEST INVITATION   ███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

Code:
[
franklinminer

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:55:25 PM

Has anyone noticed that PigeonCore uses 100% CPU of a single core? RavenCore uses only 1-3%. Any ideas?

Not talking about the miner here, talking about the wallet.

giagge
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:15:49 PM

I like the project, could it align with raven, how many pigeons mined with a rig of nvidia 1070 ?
raywolf1

Activity: 341
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

Has anyone noticed that PigeonCore uses 100% CPU of a single core? RavenCore uses only 1-3%. Any ideas?

setgenerate false

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Badnana

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:22:06 PM

ALSO:

Let's be frank and call a spade a spade. What they did was equivalent to a premine. They probably have tens of millions by now and they plan to get rich. If other miners are not bothered by this, then maybe they also plan to get rich or gain some profit if PGN pumps an dumps. So far, there is no clear plan or objective for this coin except having a new algo. Will that change? Who knows? For now we are all just speculating for a possible profit.

totallty agree with you. I'm mining this coin only for speculation.. I've set one of mine 6x1080ti rig on suprnova for today, then I'll revert again on rvn. BAsically I don't see any plans or future for this coin... it's just some kind of a fork from rvn with no project at all behind.

At least the algo is nice

But the algo isn't nice, it's also just a clone of x16r...  It still runs all the same algos they only changed the ordering.  They are simply marketing it as being better when I see no real advantage.  They are both randomly switching between the same set of algos this one just makes sure it hits them all on each block.  The insta mine was also ridiculous.

I mined over half a million in less than 2 days because I happened to be in Raven's discord when they ninja launched it.  I haven't sold my coins and I don't intend to, pgn should just die the swift death that it deserves.  Save you money people, don't give it to these hacks.
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:29:21 PM

setgenerate false

setgenerates true by default Huh why would any one do that

gradinkov

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:48:22 PM

setgenerate false

Because lazy. My build disables CPU mining by default, along with other fixes:

https://github.com/gradinkov/pigeoncoin/releases/tag/0.15.99.0-gradinkov3

Submitted my patches long ago, no one gives any input on them, just ignore them.
redsun17

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:51:34 PM

setgenerate false

Submitted my patches long ago, no one gives any input on them, just ignore them.

Wow that makes me even more sure that they have no interest in developing coin, just pump n dump.  Otherwise, why wouldn't they want your fixes?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
gradinkov

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:54:01 PM

setgenerate false

Wow that makes me even more sure that they have no interest in developing coin, just pump n dump.  Otherwise, why wouldn't they want your fixes?

I don't know. They added the DNS seed fix on their own (like 1 day later), then released binaries. But they didn't publish the source code changes for it (the new release has the old sources attached to it), so I don't know what else changed Smiley But the CPU mining part sure did not.
franklinminer

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:53:31 PM

setgenerate false

I don't know. They added the DNS seed fix on their own (like 1 day later), then released binaries. But they didn't publish the source code changes for it (the new release has the old sources attached to it), so I don't know what else changed Smiley But the CPU mining part sure did not.

Hmm ok, not getting a warm and fuzzy on this, I didn't realize the sources were out of sync with the binaries. Could the PGN guys please sync it up ?
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:03:27 PM

setgenerate false

Hmm ok, not getting a warm and fuzzy on this, I didn't realize the sources were out of sync with the binaries. Could the PGN guys please sync it up ?

less than encouraging to say the least gonna switch my mines to something else

sketron1

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:18:55 PM

That's bad news...  Although I'm not that surprised.  Still if it hits an exchange there will be pump and dump.  I may keep mining since RVN profitability is so reduced now
bbkoopsta

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:43:47 PM

Once again only NVidia miners and no AMD?
That's absolutely no good...

AMD miners will have to stick to Cryptonight/Ethash algo. I don't see a bright future for AMD miners... you might want to consider selling your cards now since GPU prices are still high and buy NVIDIA (that's what I would do).

Good luck !

to be honest i really started to have this feeling that i need to switch to Nvidia with this new algos spree and the fact AMD cards aren't that good with them
c3tr4

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:14:25 PM

Man the stupidity is real around here lol, great for entertainment.  Focused on whether or not the devs premined to get rich or not rather than mining the F out of this coin while the diiff is low  Cheesy

I'm sorry but when RVN came out it was the same deal, I was mining it before it was on an exchange and saw no mention of the overstock backing.  I still support rvn 100% and still mine it but people are just bitching and complaining either because they have alternative motives to keep others from mining to keep the Diff low for themselves or they're just dumb period.

Even if the coin turned out to be a pump in dump the amount you could mine from the start is insane and you will profit much more than most other coins during a horrid time for mining.

If you want a case use for the coin, how about we dump the 16r algo which tears your PSU and Card up via powerspikes etc. and see this new far superior algo adopted by RVN instead and drop 16r?  That's good enough for me.

Too many scrub miners with no idea what they're doing.  Good, keep crying about the coin and spreading the fud and by the time the coin hits exchange some of us will have well more then 100's of thousands mined and you'll be sitting there pissed mining at 30K+ Diff instead which is where about RVN is at or heading.

This is why some of us are still making money in bad times and MOST others are barely able to compensate for their power bills.

If you're going to gamble on what to mine these days, now is a perfect time while the market is still trashed and bleeding out until it goes bull in the future.

Some people here complaining about pump n dump, = same ppl who mined and dumped MLM/MKT ROFL
buntamtam123

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:23:26 PM

Yes, it is a gold coin!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: