Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:36:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Big gains come with big losses  (Read 2433 times)
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:45:18 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 12:40:29 PM by Jating

To everyone complaining about the current situation crypto is in or questioning why its happening you need to keep in mind that if something triples in price in a relatively short period of time, it can crash just as hard in the same period of time.  I remember when eth had its climb up $1400 people were ecstatic and they thought that we were never gonna see sub $1k eth again when just a few months ago eth was just $300.  This greed brought on by the price influxes is blinding people from the reality that crypto prices cant keep going up forever.

This is really what investing in crypto really brings. Look at just how those newbies who really thought that we can go on a parabolic rise forever, they bought even the price is too steep at almost $20K. It was good times I have to admit, but the irrational buyers thinks otherwise. I see the price increasing like $1K or more everyday and I say to myself that something is not right and in the end it eventually crashes, together with some of those newbies dream of getting a lot of money out of this market. Yeah this crashes bring back some senses to most of us experience traders and newbies a expensive and hard lesson to learn.

First, everyone should understand that this is still a speculative market so its either you stick your with your plan on having a entry/exit, so you will not be burned at the end. Greed is far the number enemy of every trader here, if you don't know what to manage, it will be the cause of your downfall just like we are witnessing in the last 3 months. Those irrational buyers get out the minute the price goes on a correction and just decided to cut their losses by selling early.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:47:58 AM

To everyone complaining about the current situation crypto is in or questioning why its happening you need to keep in mind that if something triples in price in a relatively short period of time, it can crash just as hard in the same period of time.  I remember when eth had its climb up $1400 people were ecstatic and they thought that we were never gonna see sub $1k eth again when just a few months ago eth was just $300.  This greed brought on by the price influxes is blinding people from the reality that crypto prices cant keep going up forever.
right. I highly appreciate your comment. People are always complaining about the market going down and it seems they have not thoroughly analyzed the problems around.
As your opinion, something goes up so fast and can go down very quickly. So when bitcoin goes down, we should not be too surprised because it will increase slowly.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:50:00 PM

This is a very true statement, a lot of people need to read the market more precise, the rising sometimes is just a whale pumping and can't hold for a long time, people need to know that it's not that easy to predict crypto and therefore need to be more careful when want to invest in crypto, don't because of the greed keep on buying at peak price and in the end lose a lot of money
When someone buy bitocins or some portion of any other coin, they need to look back every day. This must be a routine of a holder that what is happening in market. Because just being dump once you bought bitcoins and hold them, this can make a big loss. Because as you have said, those whales are just doing that for themselves. They don’t have any concern what would be effect on some other trader.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:00:42 PM

To everyone complaining about the current situation crypto is in or questioning why its happening you need to keep in mind that if something triples in price in a relatively short period of time, it can crash just as hard in the same period of time.  I remember when eth had its climb up $1400 people were ecstatic and they thought that we were never gonna see sub $1k eth again when just a few months ago eth was just $300.  This greed brought on by the price influxes is blinding people from the reality that crypto prices cant keep going up forever.
I agree with you op, if it comes easy then it can also be easily lost which is why I would prefer to have a slow steady growth of crypto prices than having those short bursts of prices that rarely maintain a high price for long.

And the dipping of eth prices also has to do with ICOs using their funds to secure the fiat value they raised.
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:05:21 PM

I remember when eth had its climb up $1400 people were ecstatic and they thought that we were never gonna see sub $1k eth again when just a few months ago eth was just $300.  This greed brought on by the price influxes is blinding people from the reality that crypto prices cant keep going up forever.

people always get caught up in the pump and dumps and when they see the constant advertisement telling them how ETH is good, how it will replace bitcoin, and all the rest of the nonsense they tell them, they start believing in them and pour their money in it.
but when they get dumped on they start opening their eyes and realize it was all an illusion and all those advertisements were lies. so the panic sells begin.
unfortunately panic sells of the rest of the altcoins which don't have a fiat market can bring bitcoin price down too because these people have to sell altcoins to bitcoin then bitcoin to fiat to get out and that can crash bitcoin a little.
Mostly on some big exchanges the pair trading position for those altcoins that doesn't have direct fiat convert are BTC pair, this makes BTC price rely down. But i think you have spot good point when pumps and dumps trend are happen in short time (daily trading) some people stuck at this games and take sell loss their coins for nothing, only worried issue.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:55:21 PM

I agree with what you said because most of the newbie in crypto trading or investment dont learn how the crypto system work while they are greedy and blind by the huge profit they will make when they invest or buy bitcoin

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:23:54 PM

Big gain opportunities come but big loses is come because of price decreasing. We hope and pray to increase bitcoin because that's the only hope for us to be rich.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:26:04 PM

I agree with the OP, and it is not all the time that the price is down as well so it really is up to you if you want to sell your coins and have losses or hold them and wait patiently until it reaches your specific target amount. It will take some time but at least you wont have losses.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:39:20 PM

totally true and i think most people complaining about the current situation of the market are those people who enter the market during those ATHs of most coins, well if they just keep what they bought they won't realize the loss so up to this point it's just a matter of how strong your hand is.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:18:48 PM

Big gain opportunities come but big loses is come because of price decreasing. We hope and pray to increase bitcoin because that's the only hope for us to be rich.

There is no such a thing as losing when you aren't selling your coins. I know it might be easy to say so, but the sooner you let go of your fiat bias, the more relaxed you become during corrections, and thus the less likely it is for you to sell in panic. In the same way, if you buy Bitcoin today at $7000, and the price goes up to $10,000 tomorrow, you haven't actually gained anything. You gain or lose at the moment you sell or spend your coins at a certain fiat rate. It's a mentality thing that makes people lose out during corrections, which is completely unnecessary, because the only thing you are doing is buy high and sell low. It's called capital destruction, because the more often you do it, the less value you will end with....
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:23:09 PM

They should pin this to their brain t avoid forgetting it again.

Bitcoin is still at gain and they never even understand that or just seems to forget it. I understand those who have bought for a larger price but how about those old ones who are also in rampant about the price drop?
To the new ones please bear in mind that crypto currency investing always have a larger risk than going to  a safer method which gains are lower that almost cannot be felt every year.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:26:40 PM

There is no such a thing as losing when you aren't selling your coins. I know it might be easy to say so, but the sooner you let go of your fiat bias, the more relaxed you become during corrections, and thus the less likely it is for you to sell in panic. In the same way, if you buy Bitcoin today at $7000, and the price goes up to $10,000 tomorrow, you haven't actually gained anything. You gain or lose at the moment you sell or spend your coins at a certain fiat rate. It's a mentality thing that makes people lose out during corrections, which is completely unnecessary, because the only thing you are doing is buy high and sell low. It's called capital destruction, because the more often you do it, the less value you will end with....
On directly speaking "We arent losing something if we havent make any decisions towards our holdings" If we are not selling then those cant be considered as losses and even on gains which i completely agree with your statement.The thing here we should really avoid is being too emotional when theres a price corrections where seeing our folio in reds will make us panic.If you do believe on a project then hold it as strong as you can no matter what but there are really instances on where we can sell out to secure profits and buyback later on.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:31:09 PM

I would like to say amen to this. I strongly agree that every that pops in a short period of time will surely crash a bigtime. This is a normal price action.  What you can do now is to hold.  Just say sorry if you bought from the top.

ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:38:40 PM

Crypto is fluctuating so naturally the price goes up and down, I'm not so bothered for the current price because as you said that every pump there must be a dump, I've felt eth prices in the $20-$40 range if I'm not mistaken, so just think positive by buying this price may be eth will back up at the price of $1400.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:39:52 PM

very funny when many people are happy when the price rises ,, and in the end they complain about price falling and where they see their balance is down to 60% .. this is what greed is said ,, people only think of the benefits without being ready to bear all the risks might happen
bddbd

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:28:16 AM

Your title is correct. The ups and downs of this industry are huge, so you want huge profits. At the same time, it is also accompanied by huge risks. If you profit from it, you need an accurate judgment, which determines whether you can make more. More wealth.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:46:58 AM

But some peoples still have an concept if bitcoin will be always going up.
They just looking from developing of Bitcoin, when Bitcoin increased untill more than $20K.
And I have seen many article about Bitcoin prediction, and the prediction also says Bitcoin will be always going up.
At this side, many people says if Bitcoin is good for our future, Recommended, Useful and etc

But after this situation, when Bitcoin price dropped so far. Many people says if Bitcoin Bad, Illegal, isn't worth anymore and etc.

I think they should be built their loyalty with Bitcoin. I hope they will learn more about the situation like at this time.
Because so many thing will be influence Crypto price and we never know how it later.
Nothing keeps going up and at a point that will never come down at another point, most especially when it is just too good to be true. Nothing drove the value of bitcoin last year except speculations and without nothing to show for it and real life adoption and not based on just speculations, things like this are always bound to happen. Moreover, it is normal in every speculative market, so for now, we just have to get used to it like the OP said.

As long as people keep getting greedy, all these will never stop and that is the main reason why the whales are taking advantage of this a lot. If people understand that real life usage and a normal system of growth is what could end up being sustained and not just some unnecessary FOMO rise, then they will understand better what is going on.
Mia_pikachu

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:53:14 AM

yes, it may be the of the people to immediately get a big profit, because they think maybe the price of crypto will go up, but the reality is now in a very drastic decline, so the current sadness of in their natural.
sachdientugoogle

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:10:33 AM

My initial investment of $1000 currently sits at about $3000 from an ATH of about $20,000 and im extremely well diversified in altcoins, i hold about 0.0006 BTC Smiley so no, i've lost nowt and i've sold now Wink And yes, i'm still mining cos the $1000 i spent on 6 Nvidia 1060 came from already obtained crypto profits and they have already paid for themselves and more, plus i still have 6 awesome GPU's
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:16:36 AM

Your title is correct. The ups and downs of this industry are huge, so you want huge profits. At the same time, it is also accompanied by huge risks. If you profit from it, you need an accurate judgment, which determines whether you can make more. More wealth.

There are some guys that were really kissed by Miss Fortune. They manage to avoid big losses and have the greatest gains only. Suppose there are very few of these people, but they exist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: