Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:14:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XSN] Stakenet - The World's First Trustless Proof of Stake Coin  (Read 65115 times)
EumaT

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:45:39 AM

your goal of making trust-less community and fearless ecosystem now going to be completed.
Platypus_XSN

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:52:32 PM

Can you elaborate about the link between BTG and XSN development please? This is the first I have heard of it.

TPOS is active and working really well, I am actively providing people with a TPOS service, everyone seems extremely happy with it. I guess that is why TPOS is so good, you don't have to trust a third party (such as their online cloud platform). You can keep your coins safely stored offline, while you earn interest.

Also the team are constantly hitting goals, so I am not worried yet how the DEX development is going. I guess we will wait and see.

You are exactly right, Apple does exactly what you say very well, they take a bunch of things that are already out there, make an awesome ecosystem where everything is in one place. So absolutely, if XSN can put all of the awesome features they plan into one place, then investors are going to love it :-)
danishcheese

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:09:34 AM

Well xsn is a clone of what is now BTG ....pull up the github for both of them and take a look .. Just saying as far as lighting and atomic swaps , if these are just being pulled from that project & it seems shilly to insinuate that its something XSN is actively putting work into if they are just waiting for these features to become available basically
Platypus_XSN

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:58:37 AM

Well xsn is a clone of what is now BTG ....pull up the github for both of them and take a look .. Just saying as far as lighting and atomic swaps , if these are just being pulled from that project & it seems shilly to insinuate that its something XSN is actively putting work into if they are just waiting for these features to become available basically

I am not really technically adept so looking at the GitHub doesn't help. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll get a friend who codes to have a look into it.

As an investor, to be honest I don't really care where they pull their code from. To use Apple as an example again, they have been accused of stealing ideas countless times. As long as XSN creates a great user experience that attracts investors, I am happy.

Let's just sit back and see how it goes!
falce

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:41:08 PM

ah my very old post about the supply... that one got an answer in their discord somewhere, dont remember the details, but it was argued by the devs, that for starters the supply on cmc was even farther off than i thought, so there were more coins circulating as we thought. [main argument were dividend from poswallet.com, would have been nice to have those old balance sheets to see how many, but those were stopped in may 2017 i think, so i could just assume an amount] and then whatever wasnt swapped was burned. dont know how many, but there is an ann somewhere in discord/telegram ann channel.

hmmm so there is the possibilty of xsn just being a merger of good ideas and good work by other devs. impressive that they would need to pay so many devs if they are just waiting for others to finish their work and copy.

yeah for their discord channels - this cryptoman character is pretty funny, but dont forget that he is one of the biggest holders and just fomos the shit out of xsn so he can sell his rewards. judging by the names talking about buying, and knowing some of them for a very long time, i can assure you that those people might buy, but are also the biggest holders. so it is absolutely possible, that they are just fomoing their sells all in all. would explain why teh price is dumping whilst everyone is "buying".

but i think this post on revex about posw might be accurate for xsn
PoSW is something to trade, not to invest in. There is a certain pattern of hyping the coin and dumping it every now and then and there have been movements in wallets, which were said to be for burning coins, right about the time when their servers were supposedly breached. A short summary of its history should make it obvious why not to invest but to trade in this coin. Released in Jan2017, everything looked quite normal, there were problems, but a steady stream of information flowing (weekly reports, income statements, …). In April a hype with the ath of about 20k sat took place, followed by some dumping (explained by pivx delisting), but the price stabalized again. Some dumping again (explained by delistings in general) and the promise of some new PoSWallet2.0 (end of may 2017) without giving out any information at all (no roadmap/timetable, no more reports, statements…). End of May/early June was when everything went south, no more marketing, no more development, …, but end of July PoSWallet2.0 was said to be released in august, generated some hype and then the before said wallet movements were taking place whilst supposedly having a server breach, and the price of course down again. And now a new cycle starts (whilst stating that poswallet2.0 might be released in 1-3 months, so even the people behind poswallet got it, that their site will not be able to create a hype anymore…) with the coin. It started with someone from the team just throwing around acronyms in their slack (“POSW2.0 MN, Treasury, TPOS”) and might open a window of trading opportunities.

Platypus_XSN

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:21:11 PM

ah my very old post about the supply... that one got an answer in their discord somewhere, dont remember the details, but it was argued by the devs, that for starters the supply on cmc was even farther off than i thought, so there were more coins circulating as we thought. [main argument were dividend from poswallet.com, would have been nice to have those old balance sheets to see how many, but those were stopped in may 2017 i think, so i could just assume an amount] and then whatever wasnt swapped was burned. dont know how many, but there is an ann somewhere in discord/telegram ann channel.

hmmm so there is the possibilty of xsn just being a merger of good ideas and good work by other devs. impressive that they would need to pay so many devs if they are just waiting for others to finish their work and copy.

yeah for their discord channels - this cryptoman character is pretty funny, but dont forget that he is one of the biggest holders and just fomos the shit out of xsn so he can sell his rewards. judging by the names talking about buying, and knowing some of them for a very long time, i can assure you that those people might buy, but are also the biggest holders. so it is absolutely possible, that they are just fomoing their sells all in all. would explain why teh price is dumping whilst everyone is "buying".

but i think this post on revex about posw might be accurate for xsn
PoSW is something to trade, not to invest in. There is a certain pattern of hyping the coin and dumping it every now and then and there have been movements in wallets, which were said to be for burning coins, right about the time when their servers were supposedly breached. A short summary of its history should make it obvious why not to invest but to trade in this coin. Released in Jan2017, everything looked quite normal, there were problems, but a steady stream of information flowing (weekly reports, income statements, …). In April a hype with the ath of about 20k sat took place, followed by some dumping (explained by pivx delisting), but the price stabalized again. Some dumping again (explained by delistings in general) and the promise of some new PoSWallet2.0 (end of may 2017) without giving out any information at all (no roadmap/timetable, no more reports, statements…). End of May/early June was when everything went south, no more marketing, no more development, …, but end of July PoSWallet2.0 was said to be released in august, generated some hype and then the before said wallet movements were taking place whilst supposedly having a server breach, and the price of course down again. And now a new cycle starts (whilst stating that poswallet2.0 might be released in 1-3 months, so even the people behind poswallet got it, that their site will not be able to create a hype anymore…) with the coin. It started with someone from the team just throwing around acronyms in their slack (“POSW2.0 MN, Treasury, TPOS”) and might open a window of trading opportunities.

Hey Falce,

We are dealing with a new development team (which are transparent, the majority have LinkedIn and have their faces shown, completely new chain, new roadmap,  have big names joining the advisory board (Frank Amato). How does the old POSW link to XSN now?
falce

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:08:28 PM

only through ideas [poswallet2.0 and stakenet.io are for example plain staking wallets], behaviourisms [always delay, whilst always being on time] and every single one from the old team... nathan for example.... oh and luffe, cryptoman, and almost every single whale but bateman or however "mr.ledger" was called. [as well as wolf saying that there is a huge backend of devs we dont know about, maybe he thought that to be good and you dont]

on another pricewise note:

posw flattened out at around 1k last year same time, xsn has a chance on doing that as well. a stakenet.io hack [probably as unsolveable as the poswallet.com hack] and we are there.
or just wait.
since q3 will have no ledger integration (or at least i would be really amazed if that was about to happen),
stakenet.io will continue as staking wallet running into problems and hurting the price,
the hardware fund - even if succesful - will produce something that is around already from at least as trustworthy sources (or does anyone really think that trezor and ledger, as companies, which have specialzed on exactly that, aren't competitors?)
the dex - if developed - will quite possibly work as well as any given dex and therefore will not produce gains for mn (no trade no gain)
mn watchtowers, i think not even the devs have more than a rudimentary idea what that shall be - so not even two months for that looks bad

ah looking at the roadmap - since there is nothing on more than 15% [but ledger integration, 85% for about one quarter lol], i guess it is pretty safe to say, that there is a high possibility of nothing being completed.

hmm so the price will depend on how long the old investors wont sell out. one of those and we are around posw again. even selling the rewards with no new incoming money will deplete the price further.

but it is very unlikely that this coin will be able to rise and shine

Platypus_XSN

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:34:49 AM

only through ideas [poswallet2.0 and stakenet.io are for example plain staking wallets], behaviourisms [always delay, whilst always being on time] and every single one from the old team... nathan for example.... oh and luffe, cryptoman, and almost every single whale but bateman or however "mr.ledger" was called. [as well as wolf saying that there is a huge backend of devs we dont know about, maybe he thought that to be good and you dont]

but it is very unlikely that this coin will be able to rise and shine

They are all very interesting theories, but your premise is shaky at best. Without concrete proof that any of the team members, the whales, or anyone currently involved in XSN were related to or were a part of the POSW scandal they are easily classified as unsubstantiated claims and fud.

And drawing correlations to price movement of a coin XSN forked from is like correlating BTC price to silver, tulips, oil. You can easily find data to fit your theorem, although it's like how people keep changing their trend lines to make sure BTC is trending the way they predicted.

I would like to ask, what is your purpose in this thread? To continually attack XSN, to remind people you had your money stolen from an old coin that was hacked? Or just to continue to share your outlandish and slightly tin foil hat theories?

XSN just released their lightening nodes, one of the first POS/MN coins to do so. No matter how many times you claim they are making no progress, all people have to do is join the community, download the wallet and talk to the development team to see how far they have come.

If people are interested in actually talking about the tech, meeting the team and the great community behind this coin,
head over to telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/BdGxxw-s3b4_DdBdbChI4g Discord: https://discord.gg/cyF5yCA or the cloud staking platform and XSN hub: https://stakenet.io
falce

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:34:22 AM

not particularly shaky that all the old devs and a lot of whales from posw are still around. i get it why one does not want to be associated with posw/poswallet, but the history of xsn cannot be told without posw.

so lets go back to very basic economics.
xsn has very high rewards and some mega holders. holders sell rewards no new money comes in price sinks
xsn has millions in devfunds, we dont know if they stake/tpos/are in mn (which would increase the funds even more), we dont know what happens with treasury. that is not a shaky theory, unless balances/income sheets/.. are provided and real governance can take place. it is safe to assume, that there are fixed expenses which require either btc or fiat. team has to sell some parts of their holdings. the lower the prices the more have to be sold, the farther the price sinks, unless new money joins in.

-> two thoughts on that: if it was just me who wasnt getting the potential of xsn anymore, it wouldnt matter - but the markets dont seem to warm up to a product, that needs quite a lot of maintenance (never needed bootstrap for anything but xsn for example), and a blurry vision, which makes it hard to see the wood(what does xsn/stakenet want?) for the trees(whatsoever acronyms).
and as long as mnholders get a a do or die vote without even knowing what happens with the treasury the shaky theories are basically on your part. transparency on the treasury and funds makes shaky theories go away.

so there are private holders selling coins for different reasons, cant really analyze all of them, and there is a team, which is intransparent (and i dont give too much about their linkdin or whatsoever, i want economic transparency) on what they do with their funds, makes it hard to analyze as well.
but one thing is for sure - there is no new money coming in

and that is the main problem. since they hired a marketing person the biggest change i have seen are some more tweets. and i dont see any professional marketing approach. if the tech is so great, people should be told about it. but not in acronyms. compare the quality of old poswweekly and the new articles. poswweekly had a vision and tried to explain what it was. now we get acronym lists and how great they are...

the moment an unfinished product starts to develop its surroundings instead of the core does not make the core stronger. fuckups on stakenet.io will fall back on xsn. and there will be fuckups. and since rsb have been seemingly cancelled i fail to see any worth of the site anymore
the hardware division - my personal opinion - will have a much too hard fight against competitors, and end like it started, some devs idea and just telling the community that it is like that now.

if i were asked what xsn is, i can tell people it is a coin with its own blockchain, an online staking wallet and a wannabe competitor of ledger.
if the coin dev is as great as you say, than talk about it. but the only talk in this dev departement has been updating problems for quite some time...

danishcheese

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:20:52 AM

Last asked they said it was a false positive , all 17 lol ? Also noticed livecoin halted trading sometime yesterday no comments from live or on Twitter .. This project sucks happy to have ditched all hope for it although the price now is probably more appropriate .. But with the massive rewards created daily maybe not
jerry3k5jamiso1

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

Stakenet excited to announce Masternode Monitoring is now live on Stakenet Cloud for XSN!

This service will inform you immediately if any problems arise as well as clearly showing your generated and estimated profits.

Get started now: https://cloud.stakenet.io/
l3pox
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1135

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:31:05 PM

started having a problem with XSN wallet lately.
any idea on who to solve it?
wallet crashes and says to check debug.log to understand what ahppened.
these are the last lines of my debug.log:

(...)
2018-08-10 12:18:51 ERROR: ProcessNewBlock: ActivateBestChain failed
2018-08-10 12:18:51 Timeout downloading block f76eca68b4cdf0438fc68a3abc5bfcf8827d59e4e307f179a289b40d26336629 from peer=1315, disconnecting
2018-08-10 12:18:51 ThreadSocketHandler -- removing node: peer=1315 addr=108.61.176.76:62583 nRefCount=2 fNetworkNode=1 fInbound=0 fMasternode=0
2018-08-10 12:18:57 CMerchantnodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 7189 nRequestedMerchantnodeAssets 0 nRequestedMerchantnodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000
2018-08-10 12:18:57 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 7189 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 0 nRequestedMasternodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000
2018-08-10 12:18:58 socket recv error Foi forçado o cancelamento de uma conexão existente pelo host remoto.  (10054)
2018-08-10 12:18:58 ThreadSocketHandler -- removing node: peer=1319 addr=207.148.3.227:62583 nRefCount=1 fNetworkNode=1 fInbound=0 fMasternode=0
2018-08-10 12:19:03 receive version message: /XSN Core:1.0.13/: version 70209, blocks=220667, us=45.56.156.10:58658, peer=1318
2018-08-10 12:19:03 CMerchantnodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 7195 nRequestedMerchantnodeAssets 0 nRequestedMerchantnodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000
2018-08-10 12:19:03 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 7195 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 0 nRequestedMasternodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000
2018-08-10 12:19:07 *** System error while flushing: CDB: Error -30974, can't open database wallet.dat
2018-08-10 12:19:09 CMerchantnodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 7201 nRequestedMerchantnodeAssets 0 nRequestedMerchantnodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000
2018-08-10 12:19:09 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 7201 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 0 nRequestedMasternodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000
2018-08-10 12:19:15 ThreadSocketHandler -- removing node: peer=1318 addr=51.255.146.125:62583 nRefCount=2 fNetworkNode=1 fInbound=0 fMasternode=0
2018-08-10 12:19:15 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 7207 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 0 nRequestedMasternodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000
2018-08-10 12:19:15 CMerchantnodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 7207 nRequestedMerchantnodeAssets 0 nRequestedMerchantnodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000
2018-08-10 12:19:16 tor: Thread interrupt
2018-08-10 12:19:16 mnbcon thread exit
2018-08-10 12:19:16 mrncon thread exit
2018-08-10 12:19:16 net thread exit
2018-08-10 12:19:17 scheduler thread interrupt
2018-08-10 12:19:17 torcontrol thread exit
2018-08-10 12:20:00 ERROR: ProcessNewBlock: ActivateBestChain failed
2018-08-10 12:20:00 addcon thread exit
2018-08-10 12:20:00 msghand thread exit
2018-08-10 12:20:00 opencon thread exit
2018-08-10 12:20:01 XsnMiner -- terminated
2018-08-10 12:20:02 keypool return 1
2018-08-10 12:20:02 ThreadStakeMinter() error
2018-08-10 12:20:02 ThreadStakeMinter exiting,
2018-08-10 12:20:02 PrepareShutdown: In progress...
2018-08-10 12:20:07 Verifying mncache.dat format...
2018-08-10 12:20:26 Loaded info from mncache.dat  18893ms
2018-08-10 12:20:26      Masternodes: 1571, peers who asked us for Masternode list: 0, peers we asked for Masternode list: 0, entries in Masternode list we asked for: 65, nDsqCount: 0
2018-08-10 12:20:26 Writing info to mncache.dat...
2018-08-10 12:20:43 Written info to mncache.dat  16795ms
2018-08-10 12:20:43      Masternodes: 1571, peers who asked us for Masternode list: 0, peers we asked for Masternode list: 0, entries in Masternode list we asked for: 65, nDsqCount: 0
2018-08-10 12:20:43 mncache.dat dump finished  36153ms
2018-08-10 12:20:43 Verifying mnpayments.dat format...
2018-08-10 12:20:51 Loaded info from mnpayments.dat  7772ms
2018-08-10 12:20:51      Votes: 39896, Blocks: 4877
2018-08-10 12:20:51 Writing info to mnpayments.dat...
2018-08-10 12:21:02 Written info to mnpayments.dat  11129ms
2018-08-10 12:21:02      Votes: 39896, Blocks: 4877
2018-08-10 12:21:02 mnpayments.dat dump finished  18901ms
2018-08-10 12:21:02 Verifying governance.dat format...
2018-08-10 12:21:02 Loaded info from governance.dat  329ms
2018-08-10 12:21:02      Governance Objects: 9 (Proposals: 8, Triggers: 1, Watchdogs: 0/0, Other: 0; Erased: 2), Votes: 0
2018-08-10 12:21:02 Writing info to governance.dat...
2018-08-10 12:21:04 Written info to governance.dat  1542ms
2018-08-10 12:21:04      Governance Objects: 9 (Proposals: 8, Triggers: 1, Watchdogs: 0/0, Other: 0; Erased: 2), Votes: 5765
2018-08-10 12:21:04 governance.dat dump finished  1903ms
2018-08-10 12:21:04 Verifying netfulfilled.dat format...
2018-08-10 12:21:04 Loaded info from netfulfilled.dat  112ms
2018-08-10 12:21:04      Nodes with fulfilled requests: 656
2018-08-10 12:21:04 Writing info to netfulfilled.dat...
2018-08-10 12:21:04 Written info to netfulfilled.dat  32ms
2018-08-10 12:21:04      Nodes with fulfilled requests: 642
2018-08-10 12:21:04 netfulfilled.dat dump finished  164ms
2018-08-10 12:21:04 Verifying merchantnodecache.dat format...
2018-08-10 12:21:04 Loaded info from merchantnodecache.dat  504ms
2018-08-10 12:21:04      Merchantnodes: 185, peers who asked us for Merchantnode list: 0, peers we asked for Merchantnode list: 0, entries in Merchantnode list we asked for: 4, nDsqCount: 0
2018-08-10 12:21:04 Writing info to merchantnodecache.dat...
2018-08-10 12:21:05 Written info to merchantnodecache.dat  839ms
2018-08-10 12:21:05      Merchantnodes: 185, peers who asked us for Merchantnode list: 0, peers we asked for Merchantnode list: 0, entries in Merchantnode list we asked for: 4, nDsqCount: 0
2018-08-10 12:21:05 merchantnodecache.dat dump finished  1362ms

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
danishcheese

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:37:14 PM

And what's up with livecoin ? I've got like 50 bucks of xsn stuck on there . why is trading halted ?
falce

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:42:13 AM

cryptopias xsn markets are paused as well, only a turkish exchange is open.... posw and xsn are both exactly on one exchange. and even though yobit is yobit, it is not in the economic sinkhole of turkey

but be ensured it has nothing to do with the devs releasing not functional wallet-update after wallet update, it is plainly the exchanges fault not to care about a low volume pain in the ass
robertchung

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:49:19 AM

From the old thread

Another fun part about xsn is, that there is a premine of 76.5m (https://github.com/X9Developers/XSN#coin-specs). There have been a few millions added at devs will, because 5m dev fund and 1.5m hardwarefund (plus 10% of all blockrewards with xsn) are just not enough… if the circulating supply was around 44.1m (cmc did not update this very often, lets say the last update was a year ago) so it should be around 1% more because of staking -> around 48mill. Dividends were paid, lets say 2m (about 0.5%) were dividends, makes 50m. Plus the funds 56.5m. So 76.5m premine minus 56.5m gives us another whopping 20m for the devs(i guess it is safe to assume that they were premining). But they get 10% of every reward (first month  around 216.000 xsn) - at least they wont have to die from starvation.

So is that right ? Devs added 20 mil coins thru the swap ? And are still on a tight budget ? Can someone from the team explain this and maybe explain what's been done with these coins

First off devs didn’t even get the first month reward if you had checked, they were too busy working actually. Second it wasn’t 56 mill it was 65mill since coinmarket cap never updates the supply leaving 11.5 mill for both a marketing budget and the original founders share+ hardware. Dev team in total is over 8 full time and holds no more than 10% total supply between all of them combined. Most projects obtain at least 20% of total supply on top of ICO funds (since we didn’t ICO our devs have 0, which is why we need treasury to fund dev)
falce

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:02:12 AM

ok. so the devs did just take 11.5 mill without telling anyone? never read about giving a share to the original founder anywhere but here and now. where do you get your info? because in the anns on discord the team stated that surplus xsn were burned. but hey having 11.5 + 6.5 devfund makes 18 million xsn (which is more than 10% unless the explorer is not showing right numbers).

and yes, xsn was not an ico, but posw was, and if 18mill funds is really accurate (which i doubt to the utmost extent) pls never ever say any shit about not having enough funds anymore
falce

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

First off devs didn’t even get the first month reward if you had checked, they were too busy working actually. Second it wasn’t 56 mill it was 65mill since coinmarket cap never updates the supply leaving 11.5 mill for both a marketing budget and the original founders share+ hardware. Dev team in total is over 8 full time and holds no more than 10% total supply between all of them combined. Most projects obtain at least 20% of total supply on top of ICO funds (since we didn’t ICO our devs have 0, which is why we need treasury to fund dev)

but you are - maybe unintentionally - making a few of my points with your reply.

first and foremost: Transparency. and as stated many times before i dont care about private holdings (and that includes the devs private holdings). it needs to be clear how many coins are in which fund used for roughly what. the community does simply not know what is happening, neither amounts are clear nor what is happening(besides the coin dev, github makes that pretty easy).  i was assuming since the fund discussion took place in posw slack that those numbers were not to be increased through the swap, you are telling me they have. without transparency this problem will not be solved

secondly and connecting to the last sentence: Communication. we obviously both talk about the same coin and both think we know how big the funds are. my info comes from old slack times and i never saw a change on discord, when it comes to those numbers. i guess you are part of the army or team(or are just a brilliant fudder, cause defending a project by giving completly new numbers could be that as well) to have access to that info. and there is another problem. the team and army are somehow in a  everything is going great bubble since the team/the army(our biggest supporters) think what we say is good, and we think what they say is good. or at least there seems to be a very deep divide between how the development as a whole is being interpreted. and i get it that my way of critizing might be too harsh and emotional for discord, and i just resignateted, but there is no culture of critics in xsn discord. its either fanboytalk or fud.  

thirdly: dont cancel rsb by just announcing that the profits of stakenet.io will not be burned anymore, but reinvested. no problem with that, but pls communicate the whys. and that happened to many items, the marketplace never was introduced, same goes for the debit cards, eth-integration and so on

last but not least: governance. either allow people to vote for real or just get rid of the thing. if you want to lead xsn without voting, do it, but voting on do or die (devs get funds or not) is just such an abomination of a vote that it is ridiculous.
8489faustn (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:03:14 PM

1. Your claim against XSN in the fact that there is no transparency isn't valid. Anything on the blockchain is open to the public to see. I think you are just unaware of how to do so. If you want to see the monthly budget report type in 'gobject list' into your debug console and from that output you should easily be able to answer your questions on transparency.

2. Communication is definitely something that we can improve on, and we have made our mistakes on this in the past, however, that isn't to also state that it is non-existent. If you want exact details of the swap please join our discord: https://discord.gg/cyF5yCA, but robertchung is correct. CMC never updated the supply to PoSW so what was actually swapped was in fact 65m and not 56. The total dev fund is 11.5m and not 18m as you previously mentioned, and the 11.5m is including the hardware fund. Like stated before, feel free to join our discord. Anyone one the team would be more then willing to talk to you about any of your concerns, so don't hesitate to send a dm.

3. RSB is not cancelled, it will begin when more coins are added to stakenet.io and there is a healthy stable stream of $ flow to do so.

4. Voting on different features will occurs in the future, when projects are small it is necessary to first put solid development infrastructure in place before it starts to open things up to the public - disagreements will occur and this can be dangerous for an early small project  and risk it not moving fast enough to get on its feet.
bwang22

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:34:18 PM

Would be interested in their response as well. Reading it, it sounds like FUD but gladly hear the explanation.

Lol don't know why I even asked , just look at the source code . nothing wrong with it if they do build something cool on top of it ... Just more shillyness not being 100% up front about it , they could say excited about BTGs upcoming integration of cross chain atomic swaps by Q4 & what it will mean for XSN. The point of the project is to pull the best features available and put them together on one platform including CC . just thinking another team will be able to get to where XNS is at now & rapidly surpass them , with a fair distribution & transparency .

The only thing they need to do is get the DEX together and add a bunch of coins to their staking service , oh and make the service TPOS . or are we actually waiting for another project based on old BTC chain to make that happen ?  Wouldn't feel comfortable keeping a bunch of diff POS coins on any platform they release at this point . but that's just me

Stakenet has nothing to do with BTG. To even bring that up is a sign that this post could be a troll. Second, we do pull many features from bitcoin as we are trying to integrate with BTC via lightning network. It is a work in progress and many cryptocurrencies are doing this in order to be integrated in the greater crypto ecosystem. We do have our own innovations and vision with regard to lightning but we will be building from btc lightning clients and integrating it with XSN.
falce

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:06:23 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2018, 03:19:53 PM by falce

1. Your claim against XSN in the fact that there is no transparency isn't valid. Anything on the blockchain is open to the public to see. I think you are just unaware of how to do so. If you want to see the monthly budget report type in 'gobject list' into your debug console and from that output you should easily be able to answer your questions on transparency.

most of them (not on the funds though) and you were right i did not know that command, thx. since i stumbled upon a faucet proposal, i cannot help but ask why things like that aren't discussed more broadly? would make discord so much better if there was something real to discuss

2. Communication is definitely something that we can improve on, and we have made our mistakes on this in the past, however, that isn't to also state that it is non-existent. If you want exact details of the swap please join our discord: https://discord.gg/cyF5yCA, but robertchung is correct. CMC never updated the supply to PoSW so what was actually swapped was in fact 65m and not 56. The total dev fund is 11.5m and not 18m as you previously mentioned, and the 11.5m is including the hardware fund. Like stated before, feel free to join our discord. Anyone one the team would be more then willing to talk to you about any of your concerns, so don't hesitate to send a dm.fast enough to get on its feet.

i never was aware of the devfund going up to 11.5m. i see it as a communications/transparency problem, since i follow all the channels, but of course that could have been discussed/voted on in groups i am not part of (whales or some masternode owners channel) or just somehow slipped by me.  

3. RSB is not cancelled, it will begin when more coins are added to stakenet.io and there is a healthy stable stream of $ flow to do so.

makes sense. i got my interpretation from the anns: "The staking as a service concept has been verified with our native XSN token & more coins will be added soon. This is great news for the community as profits will be put back into the ecosystem to fund further XSN development, team expansion, and rewards for users." since rsb were not being talked about anymore for some time, and not mentioned in this particular post i thought rsb were about to fade away

4. Voting on different features will occurs in the future, when projects are small it is necessary to first put solid development infrastructure in place before it starts to open things up to the public - disagreements will occur and this can be dangerous for an early small project  and risk it not moving fast enough to get on its feet.

i see what you are saying, but there are upsides to discussions about tech and perspective as well, mainly that the part of the community, which is not interested in ever recurring price/fud/shill post cycles, would have something worthy to discuss. thinking about it a reopened testnet might help with that as well.  

[edit: oh and i am on discord, but prefer to discuss publicly. wouldnt make too much sense to go on about transparency and then discussing in private messages; and i am not active there - as stated before - because i resignated over the abundance of bs(some my own) in those chats]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: