Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:31:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams  (Read 12148 times)
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:11:55 AM

It is true,majority of icos are scam and only some of them are worthy to invest in. Well,develop your expertise and your profit factor will be higher

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:16:02 AM

As written earlier, the states are trying to take control of the ICO, what would have been less of a scam? It's like they do not care about anyone save you. For them, this is the financial flow that everyone wants to manage, after which millions will fly to the treasury.

Yes, there are a lot of scam projects. However, there are very cool projects. Just have to look for ideas that somehow change the industry and affect life. And do not waste time on projects that create the next crypto exchange.

seggardinggins

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:16:37 AM

It's very unexpected but that's the truth, most ico scam they just want to earn money for free, it's very difficult to choose which one is right, for example from the many bounty projects that you follow only a few are successful, it applies also to investors.
this is something we must accept because we cannot deny this reality. so for anyone if you want to invest in ICO, you have to be careful and be more careful in checking ICO to minimize errors in choosing ICO.
and it is true that what you are saying is that the number of failed ICOs is also comparable to a failed prize because I also found a lot of failed Gifts.
Bitknick

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:28:47 AM

I would not say that 80% of ICO is a fraud this percentage is likely to be less, but troubled ICO is still a lot!
Zhenka

Activity: 362
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:34:29 AM

I would not say that 80% of ICO is a fraud this percentage is likely to be less, but troubled ICO is still a lot!
In addition to 80 percent, there are still projects where developers stop development after entering the exchange. I would also call them scammers because they do not fulfill their promises to develop their product.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:38:12 AM

Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
In many ICO projects, after the end of crowdfunding, investors did not earn the profits they had originally incurred, causing investor dissatisfaction. When most investors join forces to report this ICO project, it will lead to failure.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:40:52 AM

It's very unexpected but that's the truth, most ico scam they just want to earn money for free, it's very difficult to choose which one is right, for example from the many bounty projects that you follow only a few are successful, it applies also to investors.

I do not agree completely, many projects are successful in calling for capital, but when starting the project, they started to face many difficulties that led to the project failed.
Doging

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:58:55 AM

I do not understand why people risk and invest their money in such incomprehensible and questionable projects. In the market there are many projects with ready-made products, investing in them money you dont have any risk . For example KamaGames.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:18:59 PM

Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
I think there are some ICO project that are legit and not scam, but because of the market situation now, project team are hard to explain to the angry investors about the dump of price. And then some investors threw bad accusations, bad words  against the project. But the true and legit projects will remain true no matter what happen and have a big chance to succeed. If youre truly believer just hold it and control your emotions. Research deeply before invest to avoid scam ICO's.

martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:50:56 PM

ICO is indeed very risky to invest. But I do not believe that project fraud reaches 80%. And before we make an investment or follow a bounty campaign necessarily has to be checked. This checking is very useful because if not checked could be experiencing fraud. You can find a good project, can the ICO site rating. With a ranking of ICO, I think can help you.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:10:18 PM

It can be said that at this time the thing is worrying about the many scam projects, this certainly makes investors worried about the development of crypto so they choose to wait rather than put money in the ICO.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

raptorez

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:17:30 PM

I agree that 80% is really very much, so I see that now the situation will change, because now many projects are beginning to work in the field of combating scam projects, which in the future can affect the positive style for the entire ICO
jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:05:29 PM

Maybe not 80% maybe more or less 80% because as of now if are not careful in joining bounty program as one of advertising program of one ICO project you will scam because there a lot of scam project.

Wyndesam

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:12:10 PM

Yes, of course a lot of scams right now, plus this is still a bear market , I think 10 projects now shoots 1, few still raise funds even soft cap some projects can not collect

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:19:03 PM

I agree that 80% is really very much, so I see that now the situation will change, because now many projects are beginning to work in the field of combating scam projects, which in the future can affect the positive style for the entire ICO

More than 80% are scam but I generally agree with the topic starter.
Cloud_miner

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:31:26 PM

The vast majority of projects that we see around have a very mediocre level of performance and organization. Not surprisingly, this leads to such a large number of scammers.
sergey_vass

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:43:17 PM

I think this is really the case because so many people want quick money, collect it and disappear, and some just can't develop their project
Maymuna

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:48:48 PM

Yes, in what you're right. currently anyone will build a coin, get a great deal of advertising, build a noise and sell nothing, just air. the size of this is often extremely the best. i feel the thrill in itself can before long diminish. Since individuals square measure already commencing to invest additional cautiously.
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

It’s true. There are many Ico which are not useful at all. The fake team just wanna earn quick money and they don’t even care the people who participated their Ico. The market doesn’t need scam projects but i’m not sure that we can find a solution for this. The only thing that we can do is, staying away from unreliable projects.
Amaliy Mordvinova

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:54:57 PM

We need to read as much as possible and be able to choose economically viable projects.  Smiley Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: