Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:06:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know if Bounty is scam?  (Read 7486 times)
sureblinks

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:00:23 PM

my dear, yes we know that there are scammers, but you must check their team members how do they emanate and their founder
vertinfos

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:04:43 PM

It is very difficult to distinguish quality from fraud , see the evaluation of this ico and see how many participants does.
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:00:59 AM

Try to look the project itself. Sometimes bounty manager also got scammed bounties.
They also cannot do anything if the bounty turns into a scam project. So, the best thing is to try a look the project values.
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:11:59 AM

it's hard to predict, but I never follow the bounty that the manager has not been too much as a bounty manager, and besides I also never follow bounty which is very big allocation, but not yet reached softcap, because the possibility for us not being paid is huge.
I think we can predict a bounty is scam or not. Firstly, you should research the project which you purpose join bounty campaign, if it's a good project which was judged high by crypto community or have famous people in development team then i'm sure that it will never scam. Beside, you also should choose bounties campaign which was managed by prestigious member in this forum.
Anchor867

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:14:33 AM

Look for the ICO team check if the members of the team is verified and good for public viewing second is the idea 0f the ICO if is just like the other it might be a scam and if it unique one maybe it is legit
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:20:44 AM

How do you know if it is a scam? Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs. I hope you could answer my question.

we can look the goal targets ico before investing in them and don't forget to read whitepapers, roadmap projects and looking ico rating in trusted website.
every business have a risks and one of all is like that.
thiendaicat

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:37:46 AM

Hi,
I think Marinecoin is going to bes one of the bst coins of 2018.  mtc is an artificial intelligence crypto that originated in 2013.  The majority of the supply is also being handed out by proof of promotion.  Some of you may of heard of marinecoin, I was a bit skeptical at first, but mtc is one of the most trustworthy and dedicated community projects I’ve ever seen in crypto.  artificial intelligence is the way of the future and its why marine coin is going to have a great value in the future.  mtc runs on a time-tested blockchain and one of the best things about it is that it is dev=less. iot
Audistar

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:38:12 AM

How do you know if it is a scam? Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs. I hope you could answer my question.

you mean to say or ask how to know an ICO is scam, right? Well in my experience we won't really know ahead that it is a scam, but there are indications.
Like only a few have participated in their bounty campaigns of which you can check the participant ledger (spreadsheets), another less visibility in overall online platform, poor admin work, and lastly unprofessional admin feedback  in telegram or bounty thread.
And above them all, a recent stupid way that gives them away, is when they form part of KYC that you need to participate in coin sale and buy the coin (which you promote by the way) with a fixed amount  (e.g. 0.1ETH - the FIANCIA project) before you get paid with tokens of the work rendered.
Be wary you guys.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:40:44 AM

Research about the project before joining the bounty, example you can research about their team, their product and everything you need to know about the project then you can draw your conclusion to join or not.

marydale

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Equitybase

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:50:23 AM

you mean to say or ask how to know an ICO is scam, right? Well in my experience we won't really know ahead that it is a scam, but there are indications.
Like only a few have participated in their bounty campaigns of which you can check the participant ledger (spreadsheets), another less visibility in overall online platform, poor admin work, and lastly unprofessional admin feedback  in telegram or bounty thread.
And above them all, a recent stupid way that gives them away, is when they form part of KYC that you need to participate in coin sale and buy the coin (which you promote by the way) with a fixed amount  (e.g. 0.1ETH - the FIANCIA project) before you get paid with tokens of the work rendered.
Be wary you guys.

That was quite funny about FIANCIA, veyr unprofessional bunch. If you ask anything that's against their interest, they would kick you out of the group. That is one indication of a scam. They give away themselves too early in the game.  Grin
Anyway, most listed here are a few good indications of a scam project, I don't even recommend reading whtepaper, cause a scam may have put up a really enticing word into it. but you can always follow the dev team whom you trust to avoid getting snared by scams.

equitybase (https://equitybase.co): Crypto Real Estate Exchange
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:09:05 AM

It a little bit difficult to know if a bounty is scam or not due to the fact that bounty campaign is not like the other campaign where payments are made in bitcoin or payments made on weekly basis and the found is most time escrow, but in bounty you are paid after the ICO and if the project becomes unsuccessful then it will result on you not getting paid at all. So is a game of luck and being able to read and understand their white paper.
emmanborromeo67

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:41:56 AM

How to know bounty is scam? Because the member of bounty is not active and check always telegram of the bounty if the dev is not active the bounty is failed.
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:46:53 AM

Always do background checks on the team behind the campaign wether they are legit or just posers. A lot of people get fooled easily, always ask for credentials or proof about them like pictures. I too once joined a scam bounty campaign even though I only worked for them I feel bad for the investors who lost a lot of money.
kere hore

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:56:59 AM

I think we should read the white paper first, and better still see what projects we will follow so we will not get bounty scam, because now many projects are scam and that is because many investors who get funds from the fee when the following bounty, therefore we must be careful in choosing the project, because a good project has good potential
Nikkolodeon

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:54:45 PM

you are asking about Bounty campaigns and not the ICO right? well, it is true that sometimes the bounty manager is a fraud, there are times like that, when the ICO paid them for the bounty they will suddenly disappear and runaway. It is hard to know because you don't know what they are thinking. I suggest that you should only join the BM you trust so that your efforts won't be in vain and you are sure to get paid. Ask someone who knows many trusted BM and research about them.
Quymadi

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:58:35 PM

Take part in many bounties, and some of them are sure to bring you income.
kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:02:06 AM

usually a bounty includes a scam if the manager does not manage the bounty anymore, the stake acquisition is not counted and after the bounty is finished they do not pay, preferably before following the bounty better see the team first and who is managing
rh72

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 12:23:33 PM

According my experience, bounty is scam if the coustomer service or admin don't give the friendly answer when I asked about the project and can tell clearly.
Rlyn

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:33:36 PM

i'm not sure what are the other strategy of a scam bounty but when i join a bounty i experienced that someone sent me a private message using the name of the bounty manager and telling that i need to send my wallet key and pay for the amount of $100.

tedes

Activity: 160

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:40:20 PM

I think you can find out if a campaign is a scam if there are no updates inside Google Spreadsheets. They must remain relevant to survive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: