Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:14:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know if Bounty is scam?  (Read 7486 times)
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:32:09 PM

If you are so conversant with some of the posts in this forum, you will discover that, this is a common issue being faced by many. In my own understanding, if you really want to evade and avoid scam bounty, you need to do some research on your own, else you may not be able to totally avoid it. The first thing you should look into before going for any bounty, is the team of the project. Once you have  a very good team consisting of those with integrity, to some extent, the is good.
asd1224

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:36:15 PM

The key for me understanding the ico to scam, i am looking the project, project team, their twitter and telegram pages i am reading the messages and decide is that project is scam ?
vKedax

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:52:35 PM

I can not fully believe the project, it happens that the project has a good team, collects large amounts, but in the end does not pay bounty members.

masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:57:21 PM

You gotta spend your resources in highly reputable projects with professional teams.

The same goes for bounties: you are gonna offer your manwork, which is also a scarce resource. The need for study remains the same.

You are absolutely right!
The main problem is that a lot of bounty hunters are avoiding a good projects, because they have a lot of participants and sign up with a shady projects that burn them.

dvmd

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:03:03 PM

it is hard to detect which one is scam or not, Just do bounty wherein the developer or manager is not anonymous.. choose those bounties wherein there were faces of them attached so that whatever happened you will have ways to find them.
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:06:52 PM

You should verify all information on ICODROP, if this is listed. You should also checked on google and bitcointalk if there are anything suspicious about the bounty program.
mix max

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:46:54 PM

Spreadsheets were never updated, road maps were messy and managers had poor track records. It should be considered but not as a benchmark or a definite reference.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:53:03 AM

We can identify if the specific bounty campaign is a scam by simply doing some research on it. You can also verify in a review site if that campaign is legit or not. In your case maybe the bounty campaign is not yet still over. Please understand also that the bounty manager can not reply you immediately due to the fact that you are not the only one participating on the bounty campaign. The ratio is 1:5000 members. If the bounty campaign concludes and 3 weeks or more passed then you might get tricked on it. Better do some pm on the btt of the manager. If they didnt respond you can tag him negative trust.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:49:57 PM

There are several ways to know if a project is a scam or not... Firstly
-Read their whitePaper and focus more on their RoadMap
-Check the team members and make sure they show their identity
-Check their social media to look at their post, in case they do not always make post that means their is something wrong.
-Always check their website and make sure you notice little update on their website.
Secondly a project may also fulfil all righteousness and letter become a scam.... In the sense that there are some project that are already leading to success but the developer run away with investors money. In my own understanding I believed the best way is to regulate ICO... When ICO is regulated they can easily track or trace any project.
ItsZeroLimit

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:53:17 PM

How do you know if it is a scam? Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs. I hope you could answer my question.

The quality of the website and whitepaper. Number, quality and experience of the team. The presence of references to their linkedin. Activity in social networks. The goal of the idea. The popularity of the project. Manager that leading bounty campaign.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:03:11 PM

How do you know if it is a scam? Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs. I hope you could answer my question.

The quality of the website and whitepaper. Number, quality and experience of the team. The presence of references to their linkedin. Activity in social networks. The goal of the idea. The popularity of the project. Manager that leading bounty campaign.
even if the bounty manager is not yet known and they didnt give updates regularly we can say that it is probably not true . but there are some other campaign  that is a scam and giving updates regularly better to review the team first before investing. every cents has a worth better not to lose every single bit of it.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
FosterEgan

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:10:54 PM

IF you have to invest in the bounty first to have research on their site, read the white paper, find the roadmap & team developers.
btcpara

Activity: 182
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:11:02 PM

Make sure its goal isn't really exaggerated and if you're looking at investing check its possible return in a period. I am pretty sure that you won't be so stupid in investing at a large returns in a day unless that project is really earning tons of gold in their operation.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:11:21 PM

Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs.
I think that is not considered as a scam. Probably, this bounty manager will respond you about your translation later. Some of the scam teams disappear with the gathered crypto currencies after the ICO campaign. They just steal the money of investors. Undoubtedly, this is a scam and should be punished.

To know if the bounty ICO is a scam or not, you need to look at the team in a primary order. Notice if they ask the KYC for investors. Don't even look at the project, if the ICO team is hiding themselves.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:12:39 PM

1) Untrust or unclear project 2) Doubtful managing team 3) Doubtful rewards.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Malya_alkendy

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:23:58 PM

A good project certainly has a good team structure and obviously, if the project does not have a clear team it is prone to fraud. then the rules that exist in the project must also be clear, and not messy. then the allocation of prizes also makes sense, if there is a project that is not clear with the allocation of funds that are too large, and the lure of the prize is too big it is also prone to scam.
Youngflydude256

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:48:31 PM

It is necessary to do your research same way you do before you try to invest in an ICO before doing a bounty.
The bounty manager of a bounty also plays an important part if it will be a scam or not.
Tatars kun

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:44:51 AM

Scammers in the cryptocurrency space have become extremely astute in their endeavors. Before starting a DM phishing attack, they carefully research who the admins of the Slack channel are. This way, they know what slack usernames NOT to send a phishing message to since they would get banned instantly.
unplug

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:02:22 AM

It can hardly to tell if the ICO is scam sense there are lots of expert out there that already know how ico works.
But for me ICO is a scam if they dont have any updates in social media or the admin in telegram don't answer yohr questions right  a way or the answer is ambiguous.
hsjrjkf

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:05:46 AM

I think the first thing is to look at the team members. If all of their team members are reliable, then I think it should not be a scam. The second is to look at the website. I feel that if the website is exquisite and the information is comprehensive, it will give me peace of mind.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: