Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔷 Waves Tech - a powerful blockchain-agnostic ecosystem  (Read 129615 times)
SeanCasey

Activity: 23
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 03:25:00 AM

If you want more volume on the dex you need to get the web client running fast and smooth. Right now it is very slow to low on normal low bandwidth connections. Often it wont load the wallet balance or orderbook on slow connections making the dex dead to folks using the web client. High speed performance is crucial for the web client to get more volume
this a million times, as a user of the DEX

logical conclusion for people is: emancipate from BTC.
there is at least some tendancy for that presently.
These people will never understand crypto. BTC feeds all the other cryptos, disconnecting from that would kill 99% of other cryptos.You can't eat  BTC's gains and not take it's losses.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 06:12:29 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2019, 08:55:00 AM by estenity

Citation begins:
These people will never understand crypto. BTC feeds all the other cryptos, disconnecting from that would kill 99% of other cryptos.You can't eat  BTC's gains and not take it's losses.
citation ends.

i dont'agree.
emancipation is not disconnection.

but who has said that different markets should be interconnected all the time being ?
that they emit synchronously crying and sobbing ?

why apple and general motors share prices do not vary strictly in parallel ?
MarquiseMuseum

Activity: 740
Merit: 29

www.MarquiseMuseum.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 01:12:49 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2019, 04:20:36 PM by MarquiseMuseum

1. Global indices will create native platforms and migrate stocks to blockchain, this means that top 1% of wealth will remain centralized and not benefit decentralized crypto space
2. BTC was not designed like an index platform, it is a stand alone with XCP built separately, and it is painfully slow because of BTC txs limitation
3. Lightning network is centralized, banks have hedged top 5 but now it seems as global indexes will create native platforms anyway, elite is playing both fields btc is/was a hedge in case of power loss
4. Energy waste of BTC, ten years later on and it is a negative key point with this old invention
5. Index coins can share 10% of 20 trillion economy by market capture in privatized decentralized space. Anticipate 10 or so index platforms like stellar, waves, nexus that can process high velocity txs and scale adequately to match centralized visa space. This is around quarter trillion per brand/coin, BTC is not included because no one can issue tokens on its chain except through XCP and it is literally decades behind in tech and cannot possibly compete with dedicated platforms.
6. Be careful when following BTC down and do not fool yourself into presuming $5k to be "cheap" because there is no guarantee at all that BTC will ever again go above a few hundred dollars. Its market cap is x10 from top 5 and I consider top 5 overvalued exclusive of BTC. ETH cannot scale and sharding sounds like an esoteric super high tech plan but in truth there are thousands of Proof of stake coins already, so ETH is way behind the game in that field. Fair value below 1 billion.
7. There may be a flip event in 2020, paid for by top 5 and it's $200bn (90% of crypto space) bubble pool. Financing the future by internal capital reallocation and onramping of small business that doesn't have a place on NASDAQ and global indices. Crypto merchant payment gateways and partnerships. Atomic swaps and auto exchangers, no need btc.
8. Growth can still be parabolic because Market cap excluding top 5 is $20 bn and expected capture is up to $2tn within 3 years. Pick the winner and it's some x10 000 in there.

Cryptos like Waves (Russian controlled) ,Stellar (Western contribution) and Nexus (still early stage) can capture 10%/2 trillion of the retail economy within 3 years, it's $250bn per brand if ten brands share equal distribution.

After merchant onramping and digitization of money there will be more sophisticated computing on blockchain when entering AGI phase. Programmable currency is the infrastructure and enabler of K1+ civilization/Singularity/world brain. When computing projections by Kurzweil and Carl Sagan are this easily integrated with economic output, the contrast between 2020 and 2040 is on a factor of hundreds comparable in effect to pre and post industrialization. This technological infrastructure combined with autonomous machines can increase global GDP from $100 trillion to tens or hundreds of quadrillion in a few years time span which is a growth rate not witnessed before in history of humanity. The most likely candidates to launch AGI software is IBM, Darpa, Boston Dynamics, Google, Ivy League universities, so for an investor it is not something that will erupt from nowhere and can be invested into in the present in some obscure crypto and expect parabolic returns. Crypto will mature as a retail and commerce technology for the next ten years, global market cap may increase to a few trillion but there is no indication that decentralized space have the intellectual capacity to bridge AGI powered blockchain where real disruption awaits. Because this is on a level similar to Manhattan project in 1940s.

Hyperbitcoinization charts are tracking parabolic economic growth like a shadow in the present because the pattern is visible and is wrongly attributed to a rise of Bitcoin to $1 million or even more. For an investor to capture value it requires early action and holistic data analysis which in this case was gathered from silicon valley futurism and integrated with parabolic crypto patterns. It is then a case of identifying where disruption will stem from: who, why, how, what, when.

VISA processed 32 billion transactions per quarter this is 4000 per second, its market cap is $400 billion on P/E 40.

If 10 crypto index platforms capture 10% of visa capacity in the next 3 years this is 400 tx/s and 40 tx/s for waves or 3.5 million daily txs. Market cap equivalent is $4 billion.

NASDAQ daily volume is $100 billion, it's $1 billion for waves on same capture rate of 10% divided on 10 crypto index platforms. NASDAQ daily txs is 12 million and that's 120k for Waves.

If every transaction on waves cost 80 cents the calculation is like this:

$100k profit per day
$3 million per month
$36 million yearly times 40 P/E

Market cap: $1.4 bilion/$14 per coin.

Additional valuation factors:

1. There aren't 10 crypto index platforms in existence, and Waves is already second in rank below stellar which is valued at $7 billion.
2. Waves market capture can be higher than 10% perhaps closer to 25% global
3. the 10% capture rate of global commerce is conservative, it can be 25%
4. Trading fees on waves is still insignificant, inorder to grow market cap from profit to stakers and company, fees must be increased to 80 cents per exchange trade, this will force higher volume per tx

Optimistic recalculation:

25% of VISA txs is 1000 per second (max capacity of waves)
25% market share of this 1000 is 250 per second on waves platform
With similar fee structure as VISA this is $25 billion market cap, Waves should consider crypto credit and loans with smart contract escrow service

25% NASDAQ capture is $25 billion daily volume and 1/4th for Waves $6 billion/750k daily txs ($8000 volume per transaction).

On VISA volume it is $1.2 billion per hour $30 billion daily with 900 000 transactions per hour it's $1300 per tx.

If trading fee is increased to 80 cents per tx the 6 waves per block inflation can be backed by actual profit and not just air like it is now...

VISA market cap is 1/20 of yearly volume 5%
Waves market cap on 10/10 merchant capture is $5.5bn ($55 per coin x75 multiplier from $0.72 valuation)
25/25 is $35bn ($350 per coin x500 multi)

There is no technical barrier to prevent this capture all that is needed is:

1. Merchant onramping by private invitationals and explaining that this is like decentralized stock trading platform with branded stocks for small business
2. Leverage and crypto lending integration using smart contract escrow without moving funds from wallet
3. Increasing transaction fee to 80 cents which is competitive rate compared to stock platforms and leverage firms
4. Partner with merchants and crypto payment gateways using phone app integration (no plastic cards needed)

Market cap at full maturity (5-10 years) is $250 billion ($2500 per coin) or 25% of total global commerce ($20trn) divided by 20. This is P/E 10 on $25bn annual profit (85m daily txs x$0.8 ). It is also max capacity of waves 1000tx/s.

Patent studied 2017 Certified ABT/NFT catalogue
https://waves.exchange/trading/spot/BS1KFNR8zrXKBEWdUUvpaP6G57Hic3aESkwK7qQKdLpB_WAVES
ABTx swap certificate for https://rarible.com/MarquiseMuseum/sale 7.5m tokens per NFT
Waves.support

Activity: 1311
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 03:07:39 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2019, 07:58:45 PM by Waves.support

The online workshop on Waves tools and smart contracts is going live soon!
Please join it here: The online workshop on Waves tools and smart contracts is going live soon! Please join it here: https://zoom.us/j/413402365
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 05:03:27 PM

I really don't get what waves is trying to achieve anymore besides dApps which is great for the DEX. They recently dropped of Vostok after they told us investors that this will be the next big step for Waves project so why dropping it ? Also miner rewards is closing off after some of us have leasing on mrt for over 1 year. Gateway is having almost daily problems and yet you don't want to permanently fix this issue ...don't get me wrong I love waves , its my main investment but what are the marketing departments doing ?

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Waves.support

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 08:04:22 PM

Trading WAVES on Tidex? Check out the new referral program they offer!
Refer your friend and earn up to 30% comission!
More details here: http://tidex.com/exchange/referral-program
Midas111

Activity: 772
Merit: 105

Close the federal reserve

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 12:41:41 AM

does sasha consider waves to be dead? did the move to inflation kill it forever?  why is waves dropping all day every day for months? should we leave waves and go somewhere that hasnt foresaken its people?

I enjoy working with the finest digital currency developers on earth
Waves.support

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 06:09:11 AM

does sasha consider waves to be dead? did the move to inflation kill it forever?  why is waves dropping all day every day for months? should we leave waves and go somewhere that hasnt foresaken its people?

Hello, no, the team and Sasha do not consider Waves dead, but looking forward to developing it and have great plans for scale. Please stay tuned for our updates.

Bets wishes,
Waves Community manager.
MarquiseMuseum

Activity: 740
Merit: 29

www.MarquiseMuseum.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 11:24:13 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2019, 11:35:20 AM by MarquiseMuseum

There is probably someone shorting waves since $2.7 with millions borrowed coins

Vostok rallied twice this year by 500%, Efyt several hundred percent, tidex x10, btc 400%. Everything on that platform except the most valuable asset, Waves itself, has rallied.

Because the price has been this shorted for so long, most users will sell as soon as it goes to $5 but it will go up vastly more after that.

This is exactly how peple are left behind in parabolic moves, do not sell waves, it will be worth hundreds of dollars next year and this period of shorting it s great test on everyone and I personally greatly dislike shorting of something that has intrinsic value. Go and short Bitcoin instead, there is real air bubble there.

Bitcoin added $20 billion in market cap in a few hours yesterday, and waves cannot even add $7 million or 10%.

When it reverses, no one will have time to enter position, must do it already now.

Exit strategy must also be planned before, because it is too difficult to plan in the middle of crazy rally.

Patent studied 2017 Certified ABT/NFT catalogue
https://waves.exchange/trading/spot/BS1KFNR8zrXKBEWdUUvpaP6G57Hic3aESkwK7qQKdLpB_WAVES
ABTx swap certificate for https://rarible.com/MarquiseMuseum/sale 7.5m tokens per NFT
kaconk

Activity: 1083
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 07:54:16 PM

There is probably someone shorting waves since $2.7 with millions borrowed coins

Vostok rallied twice this year by 500%, Efyt several hundred percent, tidex x10, btc 400%. Everything on that platform except the most valuable asset, Waves itself, has rallied.

Because the price has been this shorted for so long, most users will sell as soon as it goes to $5 but it will go up vastly more after that.

This is exactly how peple are left behind in parabolic moves, do not sell waves, it will be worth hundreds of dollars next year and this period of shorting it s great test on everyone and I personally greatly dislike shorting of something that has intrinsic value. Go and short Bitcoin instead, there is real air bubble there.

Bitcoin added $20 billion in market cap in a few hours yesterday, and waves cannot even add $7 million or 10%.

When it reverses, no one will have time to enter position, must do it already now.

Exit strategy must also be planned before, because it is too difficult to plan in the middle of crazy rally.
hopefully this come true, my 30% portofolio are in waves. i already hold since 6 month ago and my investment value are decreased. i will still hold till i get profit. yeah, i still believe in this project. for now, my waves in stake/leased. i will sell in the best price.
lembang

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 08:03:41 PM

Hello, no, the team and Sasha do not consider Waves dead, but looking forward to developing it and have great plans for scale. Please stay tuned for our updates.

Bets wishes,
Waves Community manager.
Is it the tokens from the waves that made this project right because investors made the prices continue to bleed and I still hope this project is better and still believes also because the team is still providing information about what they are doing
boltz
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 01:04:41 AM

Bets wishes,
Waves Community manager.
Is it the tokens from the waves that made this project right because investors made the prices continue to bleed and I still hope this project is better and still believes also because the team is still providing information about what they are doing

Waves is not dead , just because the price has other plans when other altcoin rise , doesn't mean that the project has no value. Personally I want waves to stay at this price a little longer in order for me to secure another node but I've just made a mistake and instead of leasing I simply send them to joey and I hope we will send them back to me  Huh Huh. Can't believe I've made such a mistake but eh its late and I need some sleep I guess. I will keep the community updated if he send them back to me after my mistake.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:50:43 AM

What happened with their project "Vostok"? As I understand someone bought this project or this was just canceled? And when VST tokens will start trading (if they srtart)?
Waves.support

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 06:16:32 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2019, 07:02:51 AM by Waves.support

What happened with their project "Vostok"? As I understand someone bought this project or this was just canceled? And when VST tokens will start trading (if they srtart)?

Hello. All the projects started by the Vostok will be released on the Waves Enterprise platform. Vostok brand will not be used for projects using blockchain technology. More information about this can be found in our article (https://medium.com/@wavesenterprise/global-chain-to-introduce-blockchain-in-logistics-efc872fed0ac)

Bets wishes,
Waves Community manager.
kaconk

Activity: 1083
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:04:53 AM

Hello. All the projects started by the Vostok will be released on the Waves Enterprise platform. Vostok brand will not be used for projects using blockchain technology. More information about this can be found in our article (https://medium.com/@wavesenterprise/global-chain-to-introduce-blockchain-in-logistics-efc872fed0ac)

Bets wishes,
Waves Community manager.
Waves is waves, and vostok now is waves enterprise? Just rebrand or what? No more change? Little confused with that.
Waves.support

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 11:46:21 AM

Bets wishes,
Waves Community manager.
Waves is waves, and vostok now is waves enterprise? Just rebrand or what? No more change? Little confused with that.

Hello kaconk! VST is a core token of Waves Enterprise blockchain. There is no change. Concerning recent events, in other words, we have increased the number of Waves Enterprise based projects.

Best regards, Waves Community Manager
Galbraith02

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 12:56:54 PM

Well, happy as one can be regarding i sold 75% of my waves 6 month ago....
I tried to connect today and the app ask to connect manually to the website to download an upgrade.
Wow,  auto update feature is not implemented. What a disaster
boltz
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 02:44:28 PM

I want to inform that Alex from WavesFullNode has return my waves after I did a mistake and instead of leasing I send my waves to his pool address. Such a great guy as he was not obligated to send back anything especially when it was my mistake! Now I can gather in peace another waves node at this low prices in both satoshi and $ as I doubt we will see waves under 10k satoshi this year or next year.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 03:14:14 PM

For God's sake, "waves.support", could you stop spamming this site. Angry Or is drowning us in worthless announcements some sort of metaphor for what is happening to Waves' investors?

On a positive note, at least you're engaging with your community, which is more than I can say for Qtum blockchain, which does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They're deader than a dodo!
I wonder why you are angry with this, doesn't this show the performance of the team, although there may be many investors who have switched to other projects and the team may try harder to show investors that the team is developing the project

On the one hand this is true. I like the announcements and all the effort put in, I also like all the conferences, events etc. However, on the other hand I fail to see what impact it has on the Waves ecosystem. I really wonder how this can be measured - we can call it ROI. How is the return measured for all of this effort to determine if it is worth it and if the right things are done. And no, market price is not the measurement as all alts are going down irrespective of what dev teams do and this includes Waves.
TomThumb

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 04:03:06 PM

On the one hand this is true. I like the announcements and all the effort put in, I also like all the conferences, events etc.

However, on the other hand I fail to see what impact it has on the Waves ecosystem. I really wonder how this can be measured - we can call it ROI. How is the return measured for all of this effort to determine if it is worth it and if the right things are done. And no, market price is not the measurement as all alts are going down irrespective of what dev teams do and this includes Waves.

Try not to have any emotional attachment to any project. Even if you care about a particular project, those running it don't care about you - Qtum is a case in point! They don't answer anyone's technical questions, not even when it's their own wallet that's not syncing. They DO read people's posts, but they ignore them. I actually got banned for mentioning a problem and then posting a solution to it. But, then, Qtum was founded by a couple of shady people - one who may have stolen bitcoins, and another directly involved in a scam.

These people have been handed millions of dollars before making a success of anything, so they're under an obligation to help people with their system, as well as keep everyone informed, but the Qtum team seem to think it's their money, their project, so they will do as they please. But these aren't regulated businesses in any way, shape, or form - so they need to inspire confidence in others!

Qtum is also reliant on Ethereum and Bitcoin developers to upgrade their systems before doing the same; it's not a truly independent project - more a blood-sucking leech! They also have to wait for Ethereum and Bitcoin programmers to debug their upgrades before following suit. Who knows what problems this is going to cause down the line - constantly using other people's code that you don't fully understand? 1500+ nodes disappeared after their recent upgrade. And by piggy-backing on other projects, the developers lack full control over the direction of their own.
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: