Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Is payonix.com a legitimate AISC H/w manufacturer in Australia?  (Read 25015 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:18:40 AM

LULZ

Home » News » Live Stream Event - Change
Live Stream Event - Change
Write By: admin Published In: News Created Date: 2013-11-18 Hits: 1 Comment: 0

We have moved the event to Wednesday 20th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units.

We have moved the event to Wednesday 20th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units. We have updated the livestream.com event.

Those who have requested refunds, they have been processed and will continue to be processed throughout today. We are more than happy to issue refunds to any customers wanting to cancel their order. There will be an option to repurchase your order on Wednesday.

You will be greeted Wednesday in the Lobby of our Surfers Paradise location by a member of our team. Please arrive no later than 12:30pm.

Deliveries are still confirmed to take place on December 9th 2013.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank-you for your continued support.
And now they changed the blog again:

Live Stream Event - Change
Write By: andyt Published In: News Created Date: 2013-11-19 Hits: 1 Comment: 0

We have moved the event to Wednesday 27th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units. Read more of the update.

We have moved the event to Wednesday 27th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units. We have updated the livestream.com event.

We sent our units back to the manufacturer in China to resolve some issues. They have since been resolved and the units are on the way back to us. We will have them in time for Tuesday's live stream event.

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/6136763/

You will need to register at Livestream.com and follow us in order to view the stream.

Thank-you for your patience. You will not be disappointed in the result - we are positive.

- Payonix Technologies Pty Ltd
i.e. for some unknown reason they managed to get the device to China in the 24 hours since they last posted about this and they have already resolved the problems and suddenly the test is now yet another 7 days later again.

SERIOUSLY! IF ANYONE HAS MONEY WITH THEM CONTACT THE POLICE AND PRESS CHARGES OF FRAUD - THEY CAN BE CHARGED WITH FRAUD EVEN IF THEY RETURN YOUR MONEY

What if it were BFL?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinspot.nl

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:22:15 AM

haha

wow theyve sent their units back and and they are already expected to return within one week from china ?

that sounds like the guy at my work who called in sick to get a spine-operation and said that he would be back at work in two days (real story)

- bitcoinspot.nl - Alles over bitcoin! -
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:08:48 PM

What if it were BFL?
Unlike Payonix ...

BFL always planned to deliver their hardware and eventually have.
Their claims about the hardware design and functionality were valid and at most? stages it did exist when they said they actually had hardware.
Their ability to deliver hardware was fatally incompetent (be it BFL or their suppliers, but it makes no difference in the delay, it is of course BFL's fault)
They may also have made claims of dates that they knew were false (one of either incompetence of false statements)

The Payonix issue is quite clearly different.
This company is making claims of producing and having hardware that they clearly did not produce and do not have.
That is called fraud and in this case is very simple to prove - if they don't have the hardware they said they already had and had mining, then, yep that's fraud.
Even if they send you your money back, it's still a clear cut case of fraud since they have stated they already have it and that it already works.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
bitcoinspot.nl

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 12:35:29 PM

do they have a refund page or something ?

- bitcoinspot.nl - Alles over bitcoin! -
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:53:02 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 11:38:55 PM by Gator-hex

SERIOUSLY! IF ANYONE HAS MONEY WITH THEM CONTACT THE POLICE AND PRESS CHARGES OF FRAUD - THEY CAN BE CHARGED WITH FRAUD EVEN IF THEY RETURN YOUR MONEY

+1 Yeah it's called an "arbitrage fraud" where you promise something in order to get a free loan for currency speculation and then you refund the money after the currency rises and pocket the difference.

shamacala

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:38:37 AM

Last Friday i received a refund by payonix through paypal, however the refund was pending up until today. At precisley 00.00, the refund failed and i received an email advising me to contact Robert Nettlefold.....4 minutes later i receive another refund through paypal by Robert Nettlfold, which clears and is completed immediately ....wtf   Huh   glad to get my money back  Grin
ChickenBits

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:26:40 PM

My refund came through just today. So the good news is I'm now safely out.
MonsterCro

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:21:23 PM

This is not us. That person does NOT work for our company. If you receive contact from that person purporting to be a representative of our company, please contact us immediately. If you have questions please call us or come visit us.

Were can you visit them as they are not at any of the locations they claim to be.

You would think by now they would come clean a say yep you found us out and move on to try and avoid any legal actions.
dreamzz

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:09:18 AM

I really would like to know these guys are scam or not? any queenslanders went to have a look on there address? Anyone really got there money back? any info would be great as I am looking to order there onix 1Ths devices.

I have read all these threads but when i check the thread about Kncminers they are also started like these, given only a little to no information no right address etc, but at the end they do come up with the product.
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:13:34 AM

I really would like to know these guys are scam or not? any queenslanders went to have a look on there address? Anyone really got there money back? any info would be great as I am looking to order there onix 1Ths devices.

I have read all these threads but when i check the thread about Kncminers they are also started like these, given only a little to no information no right address etc, but at the end they do come up with the product.

I was there on Monday as I was in area and tried to locate them at 55 Cavill Ave. But not there, no shop front or office went to all the business there and centre management also confirmed that they have no payonix business within 55 cavill ave. I also took pics of the area as well.

But I did get a refund for my order before I requested it.

It would be good if they were legit to be able equipment here without the astronomical delivery fees from overseas.
smithytzu

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 07:40:07 AM

Hi Guys,

Firstly, just want to say thanks to the forum because after the delayed live streams I googled Payonix and this was the first result.

I pre-ordered a unit, it's my first dabble in bitcoin mining, obviously not a good starting experience into bitcoin, I've requested a refund, hoping to receive it, hoping there's a good chance because if they have no product and it's just some kind of bitcoin ponzi then at least they would have trippled our money for themselves, you'd think they'd be nice enough to pay back their investors and keep the 2 mill+ for themselves.

As MonsterCro said, it was good to find an Australian supplier which is why I went with them, looks like I'll have to go overseas.

After this experience but it's seriously tempting me to get my team together and try to build something myself, I've developed custom PCB's for embedded linux hardware/software before, we had a custom AVR32 board running embedded linux which we used in the gaming business, need to look into the current ASIC hardware architecture in more detail and have another 8 hours in the day but(already too much on my plate).

Thanks again guys for keeping bitcoin honest.

Cheers,

Smithy

BTCCard.com.au - The EFTPOS Bitcoin card for Australia and beyond.  Sell some of your BTC for an EFTPOS Card today!
D-Train

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:59:59 PM

I got my refund during the week.  Paid via Paypal, put in a paypal claim to get my money back.  First email from paypal says they were unable to withdraw the funds from the sellers account and to contact Robert Nettlefold at sales@payonix.com for a refund.

Got a follow up email from paypal to say they had successfully processed my claim and closed the call.  This was a bit confusing, I spoke to paypal who said that although the seller's account didn't have sufficient funds for the refund, but they are a paypal verified seller paypal can forcibly retrieve funds (still not 100% sure how this works).  Received an email from Andrew Thomas apologizing, explaining the difficulties they are having due to internet forum talk, and that my refund would be processed (Still adamant that their customers will be happy when they receive their miners).  A few days later I had the refund in my account (not sure if the refund was Andrew Thomas issuing the refund, or paypal doing their thing).
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:14:37 AM

100% a scam,
Queensland Australia has been a hub for scammers for many years and if it sounds to good to be true (and based in Queensland) then most probably a scam.
dreamzz

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:36:02 PM

This has been send out from payonix in the morning, still no demo, 100% sure its a scam

Hello dears Customers, we like to inform we have in hands 5 of each products for mining Bitcoin.

You can see all products on www.payonix.com

We have in stock 5 unit of each product so run fast, make and complete your order.

Your product order will complete and delivered withing 24-48 hours (1-2 business day).

Thanks
Andrew
https://payonix.com/
dreamzz

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:02:22 PM

Another mail, 1 minute ago, they with a link to the pictures, they should be so stupid to post a link with knc miners and butterflylabs  as we can clearly see it written, something big going on here.

Hello dears Customers, we like to inform we have in hands 5 of each products for mining Bitcoin.

You can see all products on www.payonix.com and some images at: http://postimg.org/image/ssvl3m75l/

We have in stock 5 unit of each product so run fast, make and complete your order.

Your product order will complete and delivered withing 24-48 hours (1-2 business day).

Thanks
Andrew
https://payonix.com/

PS: Mails are coming from this address  Payonix <payonix@yopmail.com>
Its a disposable email address.
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:54:12 PM

Those pics totally match the description of the unit in the blog and the poor pics that were briefly posted and removed.NOT.

And wasn't the chips supposed to be 250ghs each. So why would you post a pic of the 250gh unit with 4 chips.

I wonder what will be the excuse for this?

I'm sure they can't delay there demo unit as I got an email saying they have kept 2 units for themselves that they are mining with.

I'm sure they can post pics of the units if they have them in hand now instead of ripping them off the internet
dreamzz

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:09:44 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2013, 11:53:31 PM by dreamzz

Their explanation for those pics are their all accounts been hacked by someone. Anyway the next even date is
"We have moved the event to Wednesday 27th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units. Read more of the update."
If they delay that then we can send this mob to the AFP.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:31:38 PM

I received exactly the same two emails from Payonix.  They are not written by a native English speaker.  I believe this is a different person posing as "Andrew Thomas".  The previous person posing as "Andrew Thomas" had perfect English. 

Note: the emails are signed as "Andrew" with no surname specified, so I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that this is "Andrew Thomas".  Perhaps they forgot that they were meant to pose as "Justin"?

Some information about myself (Andrew), Justin and the team.

Me (Andrew): I have been in the Data Mining and Cryptography industry since leaving University. Previously worked with Datamonitor and DataSystems over an 8 year period. My core skills include cryptography, programming, hardware design, and diagnostics.

Justin: Started mining and buying (hoarding) Bitcoin in 2011. Was one of the fortunate few who saw a future in the tech. Justin studied Computer Science at Melbourne University and core skills include everything Bitcoin & Altcoin, Data Mining, Programming, and Hardware design.

Or perhaps Payonix has two people called Andrew. 

The images posing as Payonix hardware are actually:
1) 250 GH/s unit - this is a KnCMiner case with four KnCMiner ASICs shoddily "photoshopped" on.  They are facing the wrong direction, and two of them even overlap the front face of the case!
2) 1 TH/s unit - this is a Butterfly Labs 500 GH/s "mini-rig".  Payonix haven't even bothered to remove the Butterfly labs logo on the front.
3) To the right of the mini-rig - is that an Avalon?  I have no idea why this image is there, as it has no description.
4) 1 Th/s unit "testing status OK" - a Butterfly Labs mini-rig with the case off.  I'm not sure if this is the earlier FPGA mini-rig or the later ASIC.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
dreamzz

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:52:55 PM

The real question is if its a different person then how come he got our details? how come that person knows that we are registered with payonix or we are looking for asic miners

Anyway we will know that payonix are real or not in the coming Wednesday.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:57:42 PM

The real question is if its a different person then how come he got our details? how come that person knows that we are registered with payonix or we are looking for asic miners

Anyway we will know that payonix are real or not in the coming Wednesday.
There could be two people operating Payonix.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: