Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:40:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Is payonix.com a legitimate AISC H/w manufacturer in Australia?  (Read 25011 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:15:13 AM

So... it was rednecks? Not Asians? Go figure.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ericdc30

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:42:25 AM

there is a good effort of people helping others fall into the trap. me silly enough I have pre orders, and I know plasmoske thinks I might be part of it or on a wild goose chase, but i'm right there on sunday and Monday. and if I cant locate them or get to see this demo the I will report to the authorities on Monday, even if I do see some sort of demo, chances are slim going by their actions i'm still not going to call it legit, and they will need answer lots of questions if by chance there is a an actual person to talk to

lets see what they say about refunds. they did state they are paypal verified so they can refund via paypal as well

I don't know why you would risk it. In my view they haven't provided sufficient proof to even bother testing the company. Not to mention it is extremely obvious that it is a scam.
keena

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:46:10 AM

there is a good effort of people helping others fall into the trap. me silly enough I have pre orders, and I know plasmoske thinks I might be part of it or on a wild goose chase, but i'm right there on sunday and Monday. and if I cant locate them or get to see this demo the I will report to the authorities on Monday, even if I do see some sort of demo, chances are slim going by their actions i'm still not going to call it legit, and they will need answer lots of questions if by chance there is a an actual person to talk to

lets see what they say about refunds. they did state they are paypal verified so they can refund via paypal as well
They can't afford to refuse refunds at this stage, and there is one confirmed person who got back a refund. Admittedly it was in dollars when they paid in BTC but it's better than "sorry we're bankrupt (all your funds are belong to us)".

That person was me.. I pre-ordered 2 x 500GH/s units with BTC - 27 BTC total via Coinbase. Was told all payments were turned to cash on receipt of payment and thus bank transfer was the only option. That cash figure could be turned back to BTC but I would have had to wait 2-3 days extra. Purchase of one unit was with another investor, I was unable to wait that timeframe.
The best way I can think of this - I sold 27 of my BTC for $247 each.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:47:37 AM

Thanks very much to all for the research!  It's great to know that the Bitcoin community protects its own. 

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:21:09 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 12:14:54 AM by Bitcoinorama

Thanks very much to all for the research!  It's great to know that the Bitcoin community protects its own.  

This was a clear scam from the off. Offering multiple product lines in a very short timeframe, using cutting edge tech. On top of which this had been achieved with private funding by very generous investment that didn't want a piece of the action itself. The icing is that they have, between them, two of them developed multiple product lines involving a scrypt miner. There's a reason the KnC alt-currency miner hasn't had more time dedicated to it. There's been none, and that's with around 40 people and a large network of partners. It makes zero sense to offer multiple product lines. If one fails, the entire company is in jeopardy. You keep it simple and create one at a time. It's a huge red flag for scams, but scammers always prey on telling people what they think people want to hear, and not what's achievable.

Timeline, product lines, price points, claimed specifications based on simulated results, teams illustrious backgrounds, they are all red flags.

Instead look at the terms and conditions, the payment methods, and the questionable marketing methods. Scams and scandolous marketers want you to purchase hastily, and will pressure you to do so. They aren't interested in selling to people who make decisions based upon pragmatic reasoning.

These guys realised Paypal is popular, but apparently their account is limited, they are working on resolving that issue, but are about to sell out of their current stock until February, act now!

"We only have three left, and are experiencing delays for our openday". B*llocks.

The other amusing point is the sharing of linked in profiles you cannot see unless you are in their network. Did they forget?

Fools rush in, keep a level head and ask questions.

Bizarrely the scammers make better websites than the real companies these days!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
D-Train

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:09:09 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 10:25:12 PM by D-Train

Has the payonix.com website mysteriously gone offline on the day of their live video demo?

(update) it's back up now
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:53:36 AM

LULZ

Home » News » Live Stream Event - Change
Live Stream Event - Change
Write By: admin Published In: News Created Date: 2013-11-18 Hits: 1 Comment: 0

We have moved the event to Wednesday 20th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units.

We have moved the event to Wednesday 20th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units. We have updated the livestream.com event.

Those who have requested refunds, they have been processed and will continue to be processed throughout today. We are more than happy to issue refunds to any customers wanting to cancel their order. There will be an option to repurchase your order on Wednesday.

You will be greeted Wednesday in the Lobby of our Surfers Paradise location by a member of our team. Please arrive no later than 12:30pm.

Deliveries are still confirmed to take place on December 9th 2013.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank-you for your continued support.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
MonsterCro

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:00:02 AM

Predictable
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:02:32 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 01:56:07 AM by sushi

Hey,

I'm back..  (Sushi is back!)

With very limited info given from Payonix, I diverted my trips to other ASIC Companies for now.

You can call me "Shill" but there is a company that is about to release IN-STOCK ASIC Miners and NO PREORDER.  This one, I'm planning to run the 24-hour burn test from other countries to show their miners are real.  Please Stay Tuned!

Oh, if you friend request me on our Facebook, as soon as they are to release the miners for sale, I'll message all of you guys!

Here you can see I'm not associated in AU or China or Hong Kong.

Page 6 of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330665.0

I'm serious about providing a bit more solid Scam/Myth Buster Public Service

I am schedule to speak with Andrew later in the afternoon.  (He didn't sound Asian.  He sounded PURE WHITE YOUNG GUY)

EDIT: Forget this section....
[I would say, wait for their Demo today or some updates from a few guys who are planning to be there in person.  At this point, they are not taking any more orders. So, we can't lose any more NEW MONEY into this if it wasn't legit.  So let's just wait and see! I would love to go there to verify today, but I'm still a bit away from AU as I have another appointment to go visit the factory in China.]

Moved to the 20th...  I see...  If they offer REFUND and the chance to Re-Order on the 20th, TAKE THE REFUND NOW, and once it's confirmed, REORDER!!!!!

If the demo is on the 20th, I guess I could be there... but covering the cost on my own could be a bit of concern knowing their schedule changes so often... (self funding to go viisit Payonix is out of the question for now  Angry )

Any Donation?  I will go there if it was paid for!  I'll take the award ticket  Grin

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:58:46 AM

So, since they said they've had hardware for a week mining and one of their team is a mining expert who has been mining for about 2 years and made over a $1mil doing that, and they now have missed 4 demos, and managed to get something of the order of $1mil in pre-paid funds, (and don't forget the fake linked in image) I'd like offer to post the minor extra details I've got of the 100% owner of payonix - Robert Nettlefold - that some probably already know, but in case anyone in QLD didn't know and wanted to start the ball rolling to press charges before they run with the money.

Just an FYI - it's not hard to get this information (from ASIC) you just need to pay about $10 or $20

If anyone would like this, say so and I'll post it here (for free of course - I didn't pay for it) - but I imagine most people could know already anyway.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1623

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 03:00:38 AM

* ckolivas checks the size of the boot of his car

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
MonsterCro

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:11:28 AM

How many people got confirmed refunds?
eiliant

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:28:02 AM

If anyone would like this, say so and I'll post it here (for free of course - I didn't pay for it) - but I imagine most people could know already anyway.

Sure
ChickenBits

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:30:50 AM

I've got an e-mail saying I have a refund coming my way. Didn't ask for one  Huh

I'm guessing it'll take a day or 2 before it shows up on the credit card due to the way banks work  Roll Eyes
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1623

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 03:49:26 AM

I've got an e-mail saying I have a refund coming my way. Didn't ask for one  Huh

I'm guessing it'll take a day or 2 before it shows up on the credit card due to the way banks work  Roll Eyes
Maybe if they refund everyone then no one can make a claim against them, but in the meantime they've gotten BTC and refunded $AUD and with the price hike they've made a fortune.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:52:31 AM

Sure
ROBERT NETTLEFOLD
21 Riverwalk Avenue, ROBINA QLD 4226
DOB: 26/05/1978, MELBOURNE, VIC
(He's also listed in the document as owner of all the shares)

Hmm ... there is another thing they may be doing ... to profit from this ... but I wont give them any idea by mentioning it in case they are more stupid than they have been so far and don't realise it.

ChickenBits

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:34:13 AM

Hmm ... there is another thing they may be doing ... to profit from this ... but I wont give them any idea by mentioning it in case they are more stupid than they have been so far and don't realise it.

Kano, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking,.. yeah it seems plausible as a few of us have come to the same conclusion. Its quiet elegant when you think about it, initial heavy risk, but removes all risk later on, and you just end up with some grumbly people that can't really go after you for much once they've got the money back.

Its just a bummer, as I wanted to invest some of my capital into bitcoins a week or so ago, but held off in the attempt to buy as many of these units as possible, and thus I've missed out on this brilliant climb of BTC Sad

Sadly, I don;'t think they are the only crew pulling this sort of thing either Sad  There will probably be others.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:52:39 AM

At his point it would seem that the action available would be to contact police and provide the details we have here.
The important point being that they have claimed to pre-sell almost 250 of them and that equates to close to $1mil - that puts it of interest regarding to fraud charges - even if they return the money at the price given to them.
I guess it's rare for fraud cases to actually be brought to the attention of police so early, but no doubt it's good to be able to catch the people before they run with the money.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:17:13 AM

Having been north for the last 10 days, am sad to see this has progressed as expected whilst I was away. Glad I did not waist my time and money to check them out.

If they do have a product, which I doubt, I can be there in half a day, to confirm.

I would not do this at my expense though. If they where legit over-nighting a unit to kano is a no brainer.

At the moment I say scam, but offer my time to confirm otherwise (at there expense).

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:04:02 AM

LULZ

Home » News » Live Stream Event - Change
Write By: admin Published In: News Created Date: 2013-11-18 Hits: 1 Comment: 0

We have moved the event to Wednesday 20th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units.

We have moved the event to Wednesday 20th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units. We have updated the livestream.com event.

Those who have requested refunds, they have been processed and will continue to be processed throughout today. We are more than happy to issue refunds to any customers wanting to cancel their order. There will be an option to repurchase your order on Wednesday.

You will be greeted Wednesday in the Lobby of our Surfers Paradise location by a member of our team. Please arrive no later than 12:30pm.

Deliveries are still confirmed to take place on December 9th 2013.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank-you for your continued support.
And now they changed the blog again:

Write By: andyt Published In: News Created Date: 2013-11-19 Hits: 1 Comment: 0

We have moved the event to Wednesday 27th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units. Read more of the update.

We have moved the event to Wednesday 27th November 2013 @ 1pm AEST due to technical issues with our units. We have updated the livestream.com event.

We sent our units back to the manufacturer in China to resolve some issues. They have since been resolved and the units are on the way back to us. We will have them in time for Tuesday's live stream event.

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/6136763/

You will need to register at Livestream.com and follow us in order to view the stream.

Thank-you for your patience. You will not be disappointed in the result - we are positive.

- Payonix Technologies Pty Ltd
i.e. for some unknown reason they managed to get the device to China in the 24 hours since they last posted about this and they have already resolved the problems and suddenly the test is now yet another 7 days later again.

SERIOUSLY! IF ANYONE HAS MONEY WITH THEM CONTACT THE POLICE AND PRESS CHARGES OF FRAUD - THEY CAN BE CHARGED WITH FRAUD EVEN IF THEY RETURN YOUR MONEY

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: