Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Is payonix.com a legitimate AISC H/w manufacturer in Australia?  (Read 25015 times)
smithytzu

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 08:36:48 AM

We all will know tomorrow as they promised to do a demo on tomorrow, if they are saying any excuses this time, we can mark it as a scam and report to all the authorities. Hope andrew also reading this and he dont want us to go to that extend.
Their 5th promised demo ... they've missed 4 already.

At an address that people have already checked and there is nothing there.

Seriously - just forget them.

Easier said than done when they have your money.  I'm still waiting on a refund that was "put through last week".

BTCCard.com.au - The EFTPOS Bitcoin card for Australia and beyond.  Sell some of your BTC for an EFTPOS Card today!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:48:25 AM

We all will know tomorrow as they promised to do a demo on tomorrow, if they are saying any excuses this time, we can mark it as a scam and report to all the authorities. Hope andrew also reading this and he dont want us to go to that extend.

Easier said than done when they have your money.  I'm still waiting on a refund that was "put through last week".

I wouldn't waist time waiting, the longer you wait the better chances they've got in disappearing.

I'd do it yesterday if I were you.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx,

I refer to your email dated 25 November 2013 notifying of a possible scam.

Thank you for your email.

Based on the information you provided, if you would like the Office of Fair Trading to assess the matter with a view to investigation or conciliation on your behalf, you will need to lodge a formal complaint providing complete details and documents to support your claims. This can be done via our website at;      

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/online-complaint-form.htm

Or if you wish to print out your complaint and post it to us please find attached Complaint Form: http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/Forms/General_consumer_complaint_form.pdf

Consumers should be aware that if a trader refuses to provide compensation, the Office of Fair Trading can only try and negotiate with the trader. The Office of Fair Trading does not have the authority to force a trader to provide compensation.

If a consumer believes they are entitled to compensation which is not forthcoming, they can lodge a claim with the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) www.qcat.qld.gov.au which will consider issues up to $25,000. Alternatively, consumers should seek independent legal advice about the options available to them.

I hope this information is of assistance to you. However, should you require clarification you may wish to speak to a Customer Service Officer on telephone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).

Kind regards,

Brisbane OFT
Office of Fair Trading
Department of Justice and Attorney-General
GPO Box 3111, Brisbane Qld 4001

Customer Call Centre 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au
smithytzu

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:07:50 AM

I wouldn't waist time waiting, the longer you wait the better chances they've got in disappearing.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx,

Based on the information you provided, if you would like the Office of Fair Trading to assess the matter with a view to investigation or conciliation on your behalf, you will need to lodge a formal complaint providing complete details and documents to support your claims. This can be done via our website at;      

Or if you wish to print out your complaint and post it to us please find attached Complaint Form: http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/Forms/General_consumer_complaint_form.pdf

Consumers should be aware that if a trader refuses to provide compensation, the Office of Fair Trading can only try and negotiate with the trader. The Office of Fair Trading does not have the authority to force a trader to provide compensation.

If a consumer believes they are entitled to compensation which is not forthcoming, they can lodge a claim with the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) www.qcat.qld.gov.au which will consider issues up to $25,000. Alternatively, consumers should seek independent legal advice about the options available to them.

I hope this information is of assistance to you. However, should you require clarification you may wish to speak to a Customer Service Officer on telephone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).

Kind regards,

Brisbane OFT
Office of Fair Trading

I hear you, but my first priority is getting my money, Government Departments to be frank are shit at that, It'll take weeks before they start the investigation and they'll take a month off over Christmas.  I've been in business for a while and I've collected money from people owing tens of thousands before.  I'll use my own methods first (Don't ask), Police/Small Claims Court next, Fair trading/toothless tigers last.

Smithy

BTCCard.com.au - The EFTPOS Bitcoin card for Australia and beyond.  Sell some of your BTC for an EFTPOS Card today!
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:16:22 AM

I hear you, but my first priority is getting my money, Government Departments to be frank are shit at that, It'll take weeks before they start the investigation and they'll take a month off over Christmas.  I've been in business for a while and I've collected money from people owing tens of thousands before.  I'll use my own methods first (Don't ask), Police/Small Claims Court next, Fair trading/toothless tigers last.

Smithy

you could do both at the same time
MonsterCro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:17:44 PM

Today is the we are having technical difficulties day and we need to postpone our working demo that was working fine before we decided to do a working live demo day due to public demand

Let's see what happens today
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:44:36 PM

Cool Cool today they'll be in The Bahamas  Cool Cool
dreamzz

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:04:30 PM

4 more hours mates and we know.
smithytzu

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:07:04 PM

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx,

Kind regards,

Brisbane OFT
Office of Fair Trading

Smithy

UPDATE:  Just got my refund and a bit more.  I was one of the unlucky ones initially because I was stupid enough to pay via Bank Deposit instead of paypal.  They told me they paid the refund last friday(BS) then yesterday I gave them 24 hours before I had someone personally pick up my money (family member, ex hells angels), they told me this morning that the deposit they did on Friday got sent back and that they would immediately pay in BTC, and as of now I just received my refund in BTC.

If anyone is still out of pocket and hasn't had any luck with their refunds let me know, happy to provide collection services.

Smithy

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:16:12 PM

UPDATE:  Just got my refund and a bit more.  I was one of the unlucky ones initially because I was stupid enough to pay via Bank Deposit instead of paypal.  They told me they paid the refund last friday(BS) then yesterday I gave them 24 hours before I had someone personally pick up my money (family member, ex hells angels), they told me this morning that the deposit they did on Friday got sent back and that they would immediately pay in BTC, and as of now I just received my refund in BTC.

If anyone is still out of pocket and hasn't had any luck with their refunds let me know, happy to provide collection services.

Smithy
i.e. they made a margin profit on you ...

You gave them say $4k - they bought 10 bitcoins at say $400 - they paid you back at ? $1k per BTC? 4 BTC?
They made ... 6BTC profit from you.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
smithytzu

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:19:50 PM

Smithy

You gave them say $4k - they bought 10 bitcoins at say $400 - they paid you back at ? $1k per BTC? 4 BTC?

They've probably trippled the money no doubt, not just from me but from everyone.

Shit happens. 

Lets see what happens at 1pm.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:22:50 PM

4 more hours mates and we know.
Technical difficulties; stand by as we have rescheduled our demonstration to (never) next Monday.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
dreamzz

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:16:29 AM

Live event in Surfers Paradise, QLD updated.

MOVED TO THURSDAY NOVEMBER 28TH 2013 @ 3:30PM QLD TIME.

We are waiting on delivery of our demo's today from China. They landed yesterday evening and were to be delivered to us this morning. We are still waiting for the delivery truck. We will therefore have to postpone until tomorrow.

We will be hosting the event tomorrow at 3:30pm at the Hilton Surfers Paradise in a private room to cater for more attendees. Gather in the Lobby and please arrive no later than 3:15pm. There will not be a representative in the Lobby after 3:15pm AEST. We welcome as many people to attend as possible.

This is event will NOT change dates so if you are planning to purchase in person, please get there tomorrow.

Time to get excited!

- Payonix Technologies Pty Ltd
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:28:26 AM

if anyone goes to this so called demo, please bring video cameras and video the KNC miner in action.
and if they seriously do a demo, get them to open the case and show you what's inside.  get close ups of circuit boards, chips and what ever you can.
and especially their faces.

But I don't expect any demo, but just in case, please do above.
If I lived in QLD I would be there to rip them apart.
brad1121

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 01:29:28 AM

I just rang the Hilton to confirm the booking.

They cant tell me the bookings for tomorrow, only today....

Feel free anyone else to call them first thing tomorrow.

6 Orchid Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
(07) 5680 8000
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:46:23 AM

Hahaha well that can't host at 55 Cavill Ave because they don't exist there as I was there not to long ago and spoke with centre management and they confirmed Payonix does not reside at any shop at 55 Cavill Ave.

Now they are booking a room at the Hilton as they have no real office. This just keeps getting better and better.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:01:58 AM

Smithy

They've probably trippled the money no doubt, not just from me but from everyone.

Shit happens. 

No, it's called fraud and you can go to jail for doing it.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
smithytzu

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:05:18 AM

Smithy

Shit happens. 

No, it's called fraud and you can go to jail for doing it.

Of course its fraud, good luck getting them in jail but for it(and they know it, which is why they keep doing it).

peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:29:53 PM

Hilton confirms no booking for Payonix today
MonsterCro

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:05:53 AM

I'm sure they had technical difficulties in booking the Hilton. So another postponement I gather
smithytzu

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 12:36:14 AM

I'm sure they had technical difficulties in booking the Hilton. So another postponement I gather

They're waiting for the refreshments for the event to come from china.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: