Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:29:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Source Avalon Gen2 55nm Board  (Read 35869 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:27:13 AM

Ok, what I did:
- bought Pickit3, downloaded MPLAB X, installed it
- download latest firmware once from
     github.com/formtapez/avalon and from
     github.com/zipiju/k16-firmware
-connected Pickit3 to computer, drivers have been installed
- started Pickit3
- choosen as device: PIC16LF1459
- pressed connect
- warning window pops up to check wether the choose device is correct or not. => checked it chip on board
   is PIC16LF1459 => pressed ok
- warning window pops up: Target Device ID (0x0) does not match the expected Device ID (0x3027). Would
  you like to continue? => press ok => CONNECTION WILL BE ESTABLISHED
- choose downloaded .hex-file => press Program
- error message comes up: failed to program device

What am I doing wrong? For me it seems that I have the .hex-files? Is this correct?

Does hongkongapple1 gave is latest firmware to anyone of you? I asked him twice for the .hex-file for 25GHs and he gave me no response nor the files.

Can anybody help me a little bit?

The PicKit is not able to talk to the chip. Do you have the board powered while you try this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HerrHeimlich

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:12:39 PM

Yes, it becomes power from the psu. If the pickkit connects to the board the led is flashing once.
cdragon

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:30:04 PM

@HerrHeimlich

You have to use MPLAB IPE.
HerrHeimlich

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:26:40 PM

Yes I use it. But the errormessage says the it could not write to the board. It seems to be a settings problem. The programmer tries to write from 0x0 and the expected range seems to begin at 0x3027.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:34:47 PM

Yes I use it. But the errormessage says the it could not write to the board. It seems to be a settings problem. The programmer tries to write from 0x0 and the expected range seems to begin at 0x3027.

No, what that message means is that the programmer is querying the chip for it's ID. That's hardcoded into the Pic, and it works if it's blank and can't be erased. Different PICs have different IDs, so if MPLAB is expecting 0x3027 and instead reads 0x4ca0 (PIC18F46J50) it will pop up and error saying that you're trying to write to the wrong kind of PIC.

If the programmer queries the PIC for it's device ID and reads 0x00, that means it's unable to talk to the PIC at all. Check that you have 3.3V to the chip, and that the PICKIT is connected correctly.
HerrHeimlich

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:06:18 AM

I have 3.3 V and the Pickit is connected correctly.
I can also download the existing firmware from the board.
Could it be that there must be a special setting in MPLABX IDE for prject properties ? Under prject properties - licensed debugger - auto select memories and ranges: I can choose "allow licensed debugger to select memories" or must ist be "manually select memories and ranges"?
end18

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 05:06:22 AM

I have 3.3 V and the Pickit is connected correctly.
I can also download the existing firmware from the board.
Could it be that there must be a special setting in MPLABX IDE for prject properties ? Under prject properties - licensed debugger - auto select memories and ranges: I can choose "allow licensed debugger to select memories" or must ist be "manually select memories and ranges"?

No, you did it right way.

I think, you have problem in your pcb or soldering.

I tested firmware working in my 10-chip board( I just tuned it up for mining speed ) and minimal setting in my breadboard.

Just connect usb header & ICSP Pins and powered form pickit3(with MPLAB 3.3v power output setting) , it works well.

HerrHeimlich

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:25:14 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 07:40:45 PM by HerrHeimlich

Try to adjust this will get u different result ~  currently Max I get is around 12 - 16 G~  unstable ~

1st - #define MAX_WORK_COUNT      8  // must be binary multiple and match driver

2nd - #define TICK_TOTAL          12355  // 2^18 / 21.33uS TMR0 period (adjusted down for push time)

3rd - #define DEFAULT_HASHCLOCK   2300

this are the combo ~ u need to try on vary no. ~ if u get a best Combo ~ pls suggest here too

Nothing changes. Still "ignored" messages. Looks like there is something missing in microcontroller <> chip data exchange

if the Max Count is 8 ~  >>>>  #define TICK_TOTAL   20800

Can anybody please tell me where I have to change these values? In CGMINER? Or in the firmware of the board?

HerrHeimlich

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:38:44 PM

I have the idea that my PicKit3 is not working correctly. So I ordered a new one. Until it arrvives and I can flash the firmware for 25 GHs I will try to make the boards run as they at moment are.

I'm using minepeon succesfully for my Jalapenos and I want to use it (another Raspy with Minepeon) for my boards.
What have i done?
- installed the board incl. headsink and fan
- download cgminer from github

cd cgminer-klondike
chmod +x ./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-klondike
make

- added in the miner.conf following line: "klondike-options": "1300:50",

- startet cgminer
- startet the board
- cgminer detects the board
- cgminer gives errormessage: Klondike (1:8 ) detect read failed (0:-7)
- board is running with 17 GHs
- cgminer gives errormessage: KLN0:0 went idle before work was sent

What must I do to make this board mining under cgminer? Please help me
form (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:56:10 PM

What must I do to make this board mining under cgminer? Please help me

Edit driver-klondike.c and set MAX_WORK_COUNT to 8, then compile again.
HerrHeimlich

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

Edit driver-klondike.c and set MAX_WORK_COUNT to 8, then compile again.

I did it. but it has changed nothing. I have also follow the tip to change
#define REPLY_WAIT_TIME 25
#define CMD_REPLY_RETRIES 4
and compiled it new (make). Restart and nothing has changed.

Ideas?
BigJRepairs

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:08:16 AM

Hey Jeffery,

Did you leave the PIC blank? No device shows up on windows or Linux.
BigJRepairs

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

hongkongapple1 still sick? Can you please send my boards on the way...

Dear Lucko,  I have now still now 5 boards for u,  & 11 boards for my Finland Clients~  who he have actually have wait for the longest time ~  there is a lots of credit for your guys ~  who paitent enought to wait ~  While problem arise on the board,  some board can't pass the test, which cos more delay ~

All should be finialized ~  should be able to send them all all tomorrow.. ~

Lets u guys had a great news ~  

Now the board can run very stable @ 1.59 Ghz / Chips ~

Means u can now get ~ a promised ( 25.5 Ghz very Stable !)

~  So some who do true this dude !  Will Paid off now ~

Pls do not ask me how,  this is lots of hardwork & co-operation ~  ( including working under a 5 days Extreme Fever & Flu, super head killing condition ~  luckily all are passed !  only my voice are not back yet,  I have almost lost my voice )

Only avaliable to Lucko & great supporter ~

I will preload the firmware for u ~    

Hi,
do you have already readed GNU v3 public licence because original source code & hw is published under GNU v3 so if you use this code you must to publish modifications!  

I am author of another avalon 2 open source design (sw & hw) for info but this is usable for another people and safe more time.
This is fu****g bussines copy copy copy but no support for developer!  

I think it's a bluff or the pic got wiped during shipping, my boards turned out DOA even after a 5 day shipping delay that he claimed from the PIC. From what I understand Lucko has the same problem. I'm going to work this out and fork https://github.com/formtapez/avalon/tree/master/firmware (WHERE IT BELONGS) It's probably going to take me a week unless someone has an updated version. I'll provide flashing service afterwards, you just have to cover shipping and provide an ESD bag.
hongkongapple1

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 05:26:11 PM

Ok, what I did:
- bought Pickit3, downloaded MPLAB X, installed it
- download latest firmware once from
     github.com/formtapez/avalon and from
     github.com/zipiju/k16-firmware
-connected Pickit3 to computer, drivers have been installed
- started Pickit3
- choosen as device: PIC16LF1459
- pressed connect
- warning window pops up to check wether the choose device is correct or not. => checked it chip on board
   is PIC16LF1459 => pressed ok
- warning window pops up: Target Device ID (0x0) does not match the expected Device ID (0x3027). Would
  you like to continue? => press ok => CONNECTION WILL BE ESTABLISHED
- choose downloaded .hex-file => press Program
- error message comes up: failed to program device

What am I doing wrong? For me it seems that I have the .hex-files? Is this correct?

Does hongkongapple1 gave is latest firmware to anyone of you? I asked him twice for the .hex-file for 25GHs and he gave me no response nor the files.

Can anybody help me a little bit?

NO one yet have the firmware ~  not even the people who have contribute me & great Minepeon Patch ~ 
Not even those who have bought 10+ unit ~ 
As the firmware is not in a releasing stage yet ~ 
Also I only help on providing the Hardware ~  ( Not software )  this is a project -  where anyone contribute some part ~

So what is ur part ?   U can't even flash a firmware which "form" already provided ~   

pls do not expect anyone will answer ur question ~  as I don't think they will just give out instruction which is already known !

Thx ~ for the blame ~  but again I should mention it ~ " I don't provide the firmware "   

It will be release when it is already, or while there is that I have gather enough interest ~ pls read & all the messge before asking ~

And pls read the Manual from Microchip ~  PICKIT

read about the what the errror message have tell u !!   as I remember the messge will tell u to set the compiler properly !   

I HAVE ONLY SET IT ONCE,  AND I DID IT WITHOUT EVER HAVE THIS KNOWAGE B4 ~ SO I WILL U CAN DO IT TOO ~~ 

This is a PROJECT, what u have to expect is KEEP TRYING UNTIL U GOT IT ~

Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:50:29 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 08:17:49 PM by Lucko

You don't provide even working board or completed parts... If I plug in yours it will just smoke with all the solder bridges over ASICs and the rest of problems like 4 out of 5 are missing fan connector, coolers have no way of attaching, 4 chips are strange, some strange damage on the back that looks like a crack(bed quality?)…

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lz2kjfyoxewl9xu/1gjxpuMm3s

And you were promising something else when we talked... And all the delays(not like I have problems but your board is ready for shipping and then nothing) unresponsiveness and so on... Basically I wold like my money back and I can send you boards back...

EDIT: I asked to have them without power supply

Testing and programming that wasn't done:
How is the board. Is it hashing over 20GH jet?

BTW. If I take boards without power module. Will you be able to program and test them?

Regards

Yes, I can do the Clipping on for testing ~ I use two plastic clipper,  it will hold it firmly without slipping ~ while I test run

jeff
HerrHeimlich

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:07:19 PM

NO one yet have the firmware ~  not even the people who have contribute me & great Minepeon Patch ~ 
Not even those who have bought 10+ unit ~ 
As the firmware is not in a releasing stage yet ~ 
Also I only help on providing the Hardware ~  ( Not software )  this is a project -  where anyone contribute some part ~

So what is ur part ?   U can't even flash a firmware which "form" already provided ~   

pls do not expect anyone will answer ur question ~  as I don't think they will just give out instruction which is already known !

Thx ~ for the blame ~  but again I should mention it ~ " I don't provide the firmware "   

Hallo Jeffrey,
thanks for your clear words. But if you remember, you posted at 6th january in minepeons forum that you have a running system and that you will bring up the firmware to run with 25GHs http://www.minepeon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1219 within the next week. And there you offered ready to run boards!!! No word about being in a project state of development.
You offered the boards there ready to run for 280,-- US$ and I ordered two of them including headsink and fans. So I think you have to be a fair salesman and help your customer to get what they paid for.
Nothing more. If you can't do it then tell it clearly - once here and also at minepeon's forum.

In minepeons's forum there is a posting of bigjrepair where he also asks you for the firmware http://www.minepeon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1219&p=5204#p5204

I don't want trouble, I just want my boards running.

Best Joerg
BigJRepairs

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:29:11 PM

Those 3 chips in picture 6 look smoked. That split on the back in 8 is just metal for the heatsink to pull heat away from the chips. The Q48 package is a serious pain to solder properly and you can't really do it with a iron, heat gun, or reflow oven unless you have a pile of chips to practice on. The alternative is vision alignment and it's expensive unless you have one I don't suggest messing with this board. I have a Pickit3 coming today or tomorrow, I'm not promising 25 GH/S I think that's a bad idea even for a short time. 
Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:08:42 PM

Those 3 chips in picture 6 look smoked. That split on the back in 8 is just metal for the heatsink to pull heat away from the chips. The Q48 package is a serious pain to solder properly and you can't really do it with a iron, heat gun, or reflow oven unless you have a pile of chips to practice on. The alternative is vision alignment and it's expensive unless you have one I don't suggest messing with this board. I have a Pickit3 coming today or tomorrow, I'm not promising 25 GH/S I think that's a bad idea even for a short time. 
There is something over them that is for sure... What it is I have no idea... And they looked to be hand soldered since soldering paste is still around them and on the other side of the board. I know form so I already asked him for help but thanks for offering... I hope he will be able to fix solderbridges on chips...
HerrHeimlich

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:28:47 AM

Hallo Jeffrey,

I can only accompany to Lucko.

The boards are not running as promised (you just said by yourself that not the right firmware is flashed). Just do it like this: I send back the boards immediatly to you and I will get a complete refund from you via paypal in Euro. To show me that you will really send the money back we do it like this: you send me half of the amount via paypal - I send you the tracking# of the parcel I send out - when you received the parcel (both of us can track it) you send out the second half of the amount.
Do you agree?

Best regards

Joerg
sri07174

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:00:59 AM

thanks for your design
can i make this board for 2 layer?
and witch file should i have to write in the pic?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: