Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:19:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Batch 1 - Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD)  (Read 16365 times)
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:25:27 AM

What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

What is up with you and your head in the clouds not realizing that ETH is the main source of income of GPUs both directly and indirectly. Yes, its not the most profitable coin to mine but its what FARMS mine for a steady source of income. If ETH tanks all those mining farms will eat up your little GPU rigs and nothing will be profitable. You are a little fish who is lost in a big sea of miners.

for real 😳 who are these newbies that have no idea how bad the gpu mining buisness was before ether ,ether saved gpu mining
it absolutely blows my mind HOW MANY PEOPLE do not understand the severity of this situation from the POV of a GPU Miner let alone bitmain ruling crypto / centralization and so forth

Also I heard you never receive merits, so here's a merit my friend lol Cheesy
thank u friend lol 😂

Hi there friend, maybe you can pay forward that little merit you got there? I also heard I never receive them too. Hehe. I feel like i helped you come up with that idea, seeing that you quoted my post  Grin

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:19:55 AM

What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

What is up with you and your head in the clouds not realizing that ETH is the main source of income of GPUs both directly and indirectly. Yes, its not the most profitable coin to mine but its what FARMS mine for a steady source of income. If ETH tanks all those mining farms will eat up your little GPU rigs and nothing will be profitable. You are a little fish who is lost in a big sea of miners.

There are other coins that are at any given time as profitable or more profitable than ETH. I stopped mining ETH a long time ago. The writing has been on the wall that ETH mining is over for a long time between threats of Asics and Proof of Stake forks being threatened for a long time.  Shocked

Don't think PoS is near or maybe they won't implement it. if so, we're back to the banking system.
winetou

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:27:13 AM

I would buy one if I could use my coupons, but the only reason why shitmain gave them is to sell all old models. Coupons probably won't work on any new antminer.
SirNeo

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 10:37:15 AM

Killer price!

Even if we add to 800$ price the cost of PSU+TRANSPORT+VAT is still cheaper than 6x GTX1060 RIG.
6x GTX 1060 6GB RIG -> 3200$ -> 130Mhs.
2x E3 Miner -> 3000$ -> 360 Mhs.

But the difficulty will be doubled untill you will receive it so ETH mining won't be proffitable in the next 2-3 months.

R.I.P
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:42:19 AM

GPU mining won't die anytime soon. There are far more profitable coins that are reputable too. But yeah ETH mining with GPU is dead now. It was overrated anyways. But this will have a very bad effect when Farms switch to other coins.

This machine costs less but the ROI will be same as if you bought a 2500$-4000$ GPU rig due increase in difficulty as thousands will be sold in a matter of hours and there will be big mining farms of this.

AMD cards are dead now. Thanks almighty that I read this news. I was going to build a 12*570 rig this month.

But now I honestly think that AMD and Nvidia will manufacture a gpu that will be very efficient in mining. A gpu which will made from ground up with mining in mind. I think AMD will do it first.

GPU price crash ahead, good news for gamers or maybe not because if price dips miners will buy them again.

Long Live NeoScrypt and X16r's ASIC resistance.

grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:45:18 AM
Merited by CjMapope (3)

I am more interested in their f3 miner and what are his specification then e3 wich is similar hash/price wise to rx rig,i am guessing that they are testing the field with e3 asics to see if eth devs will fork the coin to make it asics resistant like they promised.They are already mining with f3 untill eth team comes out with statement about asics,similar situation like monero asics
gameboy366

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:58:04 AM

I am more interested in their f3 miner and what are his specification then e3 wich is similar hash/price wise to rx rig,i am guessing that they are testing the field with e3 asics to see if eth devs will fork the coin to make it asics resistant like they promised.They are already mining with f3 untill eth team comes out with statement about asics,similar situation like monero asics

Hmmm...you have a point

Holy Hell ! So many Conspiracy theories with Bitmain. This company is really a big thieve, so cunning it has no ethics. If they make miner it's no problem but they mine the hell out of it and think of customers as their guinea pig.

Hope some new legit coin comes out that will solve the problems of ASIC mining forever.
Gornidah

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:03:49 AM

I really don't understand why people still buy this or GPU's to mine ETH, they don't do math?
ETH profitably was long gone...

Regarding this miner, even if it arrives NOW,  would take about 7-8 Months to ROI ( with free power), in 3 months it would take what, 1 year and an half, 2 years? Totally insane.

Come on guys, do math, it's so simple!
gameboy366

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:14:03 AM

I really don't understand why people still buy this or GPU's to mine ETH, they don't do math?

Regarding this miner, even if it arrives NOW,  would take about 7-8 Months to ROI ( with free power), in 3 months it would take what, 1 year and an half, 2 years? Totally insane.

Again as said above, you should understand the severity of the situation. ETH was mined by either newbies or big farms. Now what will happen to them ? They will come looking for the coin which you and I were mining happily. No more happy now eh Sad
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:14:30 AM
Merited by CjMapope (2)

When you say free power and 7 months, it looks good, don't ever say free power cause if you pay for power at $0.1, your 7 months roi becomes 30 months. Also difficult right now is something, difficult on july will be 2x what is right now, maybe more.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
maXonja

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:30:37 AM

So, judging by size of the miner from pictures and the hashrate/power consumption it's obvious that this is not an real ASIC

It is probably just 6 Polaris (RX4XX/5XX) chips soldered on one motherboard

If this is true (and again, I suppose that it is) then I don't know how can a hard fork help to disable those miners
gameboy366

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:35:33 AM

So, judging by size of the miner from pictures and the hashrate/power consumption it's obvious that this is not an real ASIC

If this is true (and again, I suppose that it is) then I don't know how can a hard fork help to disable those miners

Probably but it doesn't matter due it's low cost and scalability.
gameboy366

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:38:57 AM

LIMIT was 5 per customer Now it's sold out.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:44:32 AM

The truth is this thing was never sold out, they say it was sold out to make it look it was a success. It's performance is bad and it can be bricked after the fork, Well you trolls believe anything they say anything, your kind is mindless.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
john1010

Activity: 2072
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

The truth is this thing was never sold out, they say it was sold out to make it look it was a success. It's performance is bad and it can be bricked after the fork, Well you trolls believe anything they say anything, your kind is mindless.

I Agree with you, this is the part of their marketing strategy, even me, I don't trust that crap, If someone offer me that thing and the gpu, I will go to gpu again and again... Practically speaking, assuming if the gpu mining is totally dead, well I have lots of cards to use incase I put my Gaming Cafe Computer shop... That is practicality...
gameboy366

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:51:52 AM

OFC I know they are just playing the supply and demand game but the thing is I think that there are still enough sheeples to make it sold out.
maXonja

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:54:46 AM

I agree, but again, how can you disable this miner with a hard fork if it's assembled from 6 RX GPU's?

It has same capabilities as a mining rig assembled from 6 GPU's
gameboy366

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:07:44 PM

I agree, but again, how can you disable this miner with a hard fork if it's assembled from 6 RX GPU's?

That makes it even more dangerous. LOL but AMD mining is so dead.
winetou

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:10:54 PM

That makes it even more dangerous. LOL but AMD mining is so dead.

I don't think so. Currently, I'm very curios about difficulty on XMR (which was most profitable coin for AMD for a long time, until shitmain started mining on X3) after the hard fork. Who knows - maybe XMR mining will be profitable again this friday.
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:17:15 PM

Power consumption/hashrate ratio, of this thing show that it is not an ASIC.
If You add the shipping cost, Power supply, and add the EU tax if You want to import it, we come around 1400 to 1500USD.
GPUs probably will have a lower price to 150-170USD (per pc), until July, so this thing not look so good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: