Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:28:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency?  (Read 5691 times)
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:15:15 AM

My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.

That is not impossible. Bitcoin first starts as low value coin but now is the most popular coin and there are lot of coins that has potential to surpass bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:12:09 PM

Despite the love I have for bitcoins, I really cannot ignore the possibility of this happening because clearly bitcoins has a lot of flaws in its system. I personally think that this will really happen in the far future. But for the next years though, I don't think this will be possible considering the dominance of bitcoins as of now and the number of people who are supporting it.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:20:12 AM

My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.
I completely agree with this, there are many people that think that bitcoin is just like any other technology that is going to be replaced very soon, but those that think that do not really understand how the economy works, once a currency has been chosen by the people it is going to take a lot for that currency to not be used as a store of value, just look at the dollar most people knows that the dollar is not a solid currency and yet it is still used because everyone is using it and that is not going to change in a long time.
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:24:04 AM

Anything is going to be eliminated, and bitcoin is no exception. So far BTC has been the king of cryptocurrency, but I believe that with the development of technology there will be another coin that will be more than BTC and can even replace it. It is only a matter of time.
satria stell black

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:41:28 AM

Everything you say is true and indeed the fact of Bitcoin. I totally agree and agree with you that Bitcoin will never expire by any other currency in the world. Bitcoin will continue to grow and the price will continue to be high. Yes at this time and so is indeed the right time to constantly buy and invest in Bitcoin forever.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:00:59 AM

Anyone with a little economic sense will be attracted to the BTC model!

Therefore, only BTC will replace other currencies, no currency has the opportunity to replace BTC!

The use of bitcoin will only make the world a better place, restricting the power to issue money.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:26:59 AM

No, bitcoin still the number one coin in crypto world and no one will above on it. Even the price is volatile still more people want and trust bitcoin and they still believe that it will rise again. More people become rich in investing bitcoin and it has the most potential coin and highest value thats why no one can outdated bitcoin.

I guess that Bitcoin will stay the #1 cryptocurrencies for a couple of years, and then everything can happen. As I suspect, Ethereum can take its place.
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:18:10 AM

No, bitcoin still the number one coin in crypto world and no one will above on it. Even the price is volatile still more people want and trust bitcoin and they still believe that it will rise again. More people become rich in investing bitcoin and it has the most potential coin and highest value thats why no one can outdated bitcoin.
This sounds impossible, rather more than not possible for the counterparts have been struggling other than ETH. ETH has been stable in the crypto market and has been attracting so many investors that it sounds ETH will go a big way but again the Bitcoin is not a piece of cake and if there is a rise in the value of the ETH, there will be a more than proportionate rise in the value of Bitcoin which means that Bitcoin is invincible.
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:39:58 PM

For some years, there were many of alternative currencies, which claimed to be a "Bitcoin Killer", "Replacer" and etc. but still..
vidprab5

Activity: 222
Merit: 11

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:35:58 AM

Will not happen. Because the potential of bitcoin is still very large and demand for bitcoin every day keeps increasing. So it certainly will not be obsolete or anything else.
I do not think Bitcoin will be outdated or out shined by any other currency. It is rather the King of cryptocurrencies for it has come a long way and despite so many hurdles and criticism in the start, Bitcoin expanded and has been now embraced by so many companies and investors across the world. Furthermore, the future expected return is far more than all the rest of cryptocurrencies and it means Bitcoin is one of its kind.

bapetdik

Activity: 373

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:38:48 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will expire by other currencies. Here bitcoin is very potential and its popularity is very big. So I do not think bitcoin will expire or be replaced with other currencies. Bitcoin is well worth it for a better future. So that's my opinion.

hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:54:19 AM

If anything gains popularity like this then nothing can harm it. As we know that b Bitcoin has gained the most popularity then there is no currency in front that can defeat Bitcoin. As we know that Bitcoin is the main and absolute currency now because its demand has reached the normal place and is continuing the increase trend to have the highest possible demand.
TradeOne

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:05:42 AM

Bitcoin now remains only with its holders, now the etherium is maximized and top crypto  Smiley
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:21:16 AM

Bitcoin is the only currency which can handle any amount of transactions in blockchain space so no coin is in competition or near to bitcoin
T.Perry123

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:40:00 AM

No altcoin can be compared to Bitcoin and Bitcoin will forever be a king in Crypto. But if you want to overthrow Bitcoin, only ETH can do it. Because ETH is also developing strongly and is trending up like Bitcoin before

I agree, although Bitcoin is the "King" of all Cryptos, unless we see Bitcoin making some amendments to its protocol we may see more innovative alt coins rising up to take its place. Ethereum is one of them. Although it has much catching up to do in the markets I think its a possibility. China recently ranked Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin was not in the Top 10. The index is based on three criteria: technology, application, and innovation. Ethereum came first, while Bitcoin was only 13th.

https://cryptonews.com/news/china-ranks-cryptocurrencies-and-bitcoin-is-not-in-top-10-1806.htm
Cordenne

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:10:32 AM

I agree, although Bitcoin is the "King" of all Cryptos, unless we see Bitcoin making some amendments to its protocol we may see more innovative alt coins rising up to take its place. Ethereum is one of them. Although it has much catching up to do in the markets I think its a possibility. China recently ranked Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin was not in the Top 10. The index is based on three criteria: technology, application, and innovation. Ethereum came first, while Bitcoin was only 13th.

https://cryptonews.com/news/china-ranks-cryptocurrencies-and-bitcoin-is-not-in-top-10-1806.htm

Bitcoin is an aging King. After bringing in millions of users to the network, and engaging the interest of thousands, Bitcoin has hit a jam on its network as a backlog has led to higher transaction fees and longer waiting times. Currently, the market share for Bitcoin is just over 33 percent, having not too long ago been at over 60. Bitcoin could be in some trouble. It wont disappear but it definitely has competition to look out for.
NotVitalik

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:12:41 AM

Will not happen. Because the potential of bitcoin is still very large and demand for bitcoin every day keeps increasing. So it certainly will not be obsolete or anything else.
I do not think Bitcoin will be outdated or out shined by any other currency. It is rather the King of cryptocurrencies for it has come a long way and despite so many hurdles and criticism in the start, Bitcoin expanded and has been now embraced by so many companies and investors across the world. Furthermore, the future expected return is far more than all the rest of cryptocurrencies and it means Bitcoin is one of its kind.

Yeah I agree, also the only PoW Crypto with a truly enourmous decentralization and many years of being in function - most new coins are basically untested.

Do not forget these two points
MountainConqueror

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

Mountains is my passion

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:14:24 AM

I guess that Bitcoin will stay the #1 cryptocurrencies for a couple of years, and then everything can happen. As I suspect, Ethereum can take its place.

What do you mean by "taking it's place"?
Become more popular? Bitcoin will always be the most known coin just because it's the first coin. I'm not telling you Ethereum is a waste but it's a bit less known than Bitcoin and that won't change.

Or maybe overcoming it with a price? That might happened when the interest of buying BTC will go down (and it will go down soon due to the fact BTC has no use, transactions mostly cost more then the transacted summ, etc.)
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:03:21 PM

This sounds impossible, rather more than not possible for the counterparts have been struggling other than ETH. ETH has been stable in the crypto market and has been attracting so many investors that it sounds ETH will go a big way but again the Bitcoin is not a piece of cake and if there is a rise in the value of the ETH, there will be a more than proportionate rise in the value of Bitcoin which means that Bitcoin is invincible.

The bitcoin core developer team won't let bitcoin to be "outdated" but also the community highly support the bitcoin but I see that people are being spread into altcoins gradually.
So I think there might be a slowly loss of interest of bitcoin but as most of the exchanges are supporting trading pairs mostly btc/xxx then bitcoin won't be outdated for a long time from now.
Why people are using other altcoins is because of the low transaction fees there, much faster transaction time, fast confirmation etc.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:35:03 PM

The bitcoin core developer team won't let bitcoin to be "outdated" but also the community highly support the bitcoin but I see that people are being spread into altcoins gradually.
So I think there might be a slowly loss of interest of bitcoin but as most of the exchanges are supporting trading pairs mostly btc/xxx then bitcoin won't be outdated for a long time from now.
Why people are using other altcoins is because of the low transaction fees there, much faster transaction time, fast confirmation etc.
It depends on the competition because if the developer team of bitcoin will see that the other cryptocurrencies or altcoins are extremely far compare to the technology of bitcoin then they will not push it or try hard to be competitive and they will just let the other cryptocurrencies reign on their own and outdated the bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: