Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:01:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Attack on XVG / VERGE  (Read 29438 times)
cirlama

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:31:53 PM

so what will happen with the coins at supnova ? , i mined for a few weeks without withdrawn any coins
make payout manually

i tried with no luck , my account link at supnova  doesnt work

I don't understand your problems, you can like or dislike suprnova pools, but they are reliable, and if you want to remove your XVG
1) login (if you forgot your password, there is a button to recover it)
2) go to "my account"
3) "edit account"
4) select your Payment Address
5) put an Automatic Payout Threshold just below the amount of coins you have
6) fill your 4 Digit PIN
7) clic on update account and within a minute or two, the coins will be transferred

(I am not related to suprnova in any manner)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoYeff

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:36:03 PM

so what will happen with the coins at supnova ? , i mined for a few weeks without withdrawn any coins
make payout manually

i tried with no luck , my account link at supnova  doesnt work

I don't understand your problems, you can like or dislike suprnova pools, but they are reliable, and if you want to remove your XVG
1) login (if you forgot your password, there is a button to recover it)
2) go to "my account"
3) "edit account"
4) select your Payment Address
5) put an Automatic Payout Threshold just below the amount of coins you have
6) fill your 4 Digit PIN
7) clic on update account and within a minute or two, the coins will be transferred

(I am not related to suprnova in any manner)

scroll to the bottom and theres a "cash out section".... just enter ur pin
Dogedarkdev
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:44:37 PM

This is an open invitation from Team of Dero, to try to attack Dero network/Blockchain

Dero has already successfully fended off 3 attacks, and is challenging XVG attackers to move their operations to Dero blockchain instead Wink

p.s. I'm not a team member.

i wonder if that's a good idea, given they are a fork of masari, which is a fork of old monero...

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:49:25 PM

This is an open invitation from Team of Dero, to try to attack Dero network/Blockchain

Dero has already successfully fended off 3 attacks, and is challenging XVG attackers to move their operations to Dero blockchain instead Wink

i wonder if that's a good idea, given they are a fork of masari, which is a fork of old monero...

We're no longer a fork at all and never were a Masari fork Smiley

We've written an entirely new blockchain technology based on the CryptoNote protocol and written in golang. We maintained backwards compatibility with the Helium Hydra version for a while but dropped it recently due to various vulnerabilities.

We believe we have the world's most resilient blockchain to date.

Edit: typos (long days)
Dogedarkdev
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:53:30 PM

We're no longer a fork at all and never were a Masari fork Smiley

We've written an entirely new blockchain technology based on the CryptoNote protocol and written in golang. We maintained backwards compatibility with the Helium Hydra version for a while but dropped it recently due to various vulnerabilities.

We believe we have the world's most resilient blockchain to date.

Edit: typos (long days)

hmmm...

https://github.com/deroproject/dero/blob/ac08e492592168b24a0c60da80adef2ce1a4d151/src/cryptonote_basic/difficulty.cpp#L3

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:55:28 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 10:10:32 PM by --Serena--

New source code will be released soon and we encourage you to follow our project as we continue to exceed community expectations Smiley

Edit: that's the repository from the C++ code btw and we gave Masari their credit for the contributions we did use. (BTW Thaer, our team has a ton of respect for you if you read this!)
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:04:38 PM

I've no leg in this I'm just here for the popcorn.

But as a rule of thumb: when someone as ancient as ocminer pats you on the shoulder and tells you something: you sit down and listen.

Sunerok clearly needs lessons in humbleness.

burp...
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:11:03 PM

the blood and sh*t from newbie account is really free flowing today lol.....
celrisen

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:15:10 PM

The level of incompetence of Verge DEVs is staggering. To propose a hotfix and confuse minutes with seconds is absolutely unbelievable at this level. It takes only a brief glance at the github commit to realise something's off (I'm a dev myself).

If this company is valued $850m, then what the hell is going on. It's not a question of if the market collapses from coins like these, it's a question of when.

Made an account on this forum just to say this, because my jaw is on the floor.
CryptoYeff

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:19:23 PM

The level of incompetence of Verge DEVs is staggering. To propose a hotfix and confuse minutes with seconds is absolutely unbelievable at this level. It takes only a brief glance at the github commit to realise something's off (I'm a dev myself).

If this company is valued $850m, then what the hell is going on. It's not a question of if the market collapses from coins like these, it's a question of when.

Made an account on this forum just to say this, because my jaw is on the floor.
realize
Mojo_LB

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:21:26 PM

Serena is a part of Dero team, so junior status is irrelevant here. Wink
Patuba

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:30:38 PM

Is Dero traded anywhere? Can’t find it on coinmarketcap.com
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:35:17 PM

I've no leg in this I'm just here for the popcorn.

But as a rule of thumb: when someone as ancient as ocminer pats you on the shoulder and tells you something: you sit down and listen.

Sunerok clearly needs lessons in humbleness.

Couldn't agree more. I've been following this thread all day for the back and forth entertainment.

If I was part of the Verge team I'd have worked together with ocminer and even paid him for help if I couldn't handle it myself. I've been mining on his pools for years now. Always does an excellent job supporting his own infrastructure and is known as a stand up member in the crypto community. More pool operators should follow oc's lead.

As for the vulnerability being disclosed privately vs. publicly it really doesn't matter in this instance.

1) ocminer was not the attacker
2) the attack was already taking place without significant public contact/updates by the Verge team as to what was happening
3) ocminer did not disclose technical details to the public in any form where someone could take the information and replicate the attack themselves

I don't feel it's necessary to add my personal opinions on the Verge blockchain however it's very clear that if the developers need help, ASK FOR IT. There is no shame in seeking help when you're overwhelmed. Remember that blockchains are supposed to be decentralized, open source, and contributed to by anyone with the means to do so, not a self contained dictatorship.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4902

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:02:27 PM

It's quite amusing that people still didn't know that Verge Dev is incompetent.

may be its just testing the water  Grin, xvg its a stable coin mining, dont you think now when all altcoin dump, xvg is still grow..

yeah, the only people that feel this way are the retarded morons that have english as a second language that don't understand a single thing that was said in this thread. you probably don't even understand this sentence.

Hey look at you on BCT! welcome. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:03:13 PM

part of the dev team or not, no1 takes what newbies has to say at any real value. especially with so many new accounts coming to talk shit and shill verge... its just a literal bloodbath of newbie blood n shite...

yup shite hit the fan, devs went around it the wrong way, a fix is being released end of story, if OCminer wants to shut down his pools he can, others will take his place. things always get worse before it tends to get better. surprised the price as actually held up as well as it has given the current situation thou.

As i previously stated this is hardly the first time nor the last time this kind of stuff will happen.... kinda ironic that verge gets hit with a shit storm everytime it trys to moon thou....
rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 11:31:34 PM

Everyone forgot how Supernova conducted an attack 51 on Bitcoin Gold?
Explain how this where done? Why did he do that? And is there an underlying reason for starting the FUD fest in public like he did?

http://cryptoconsulting.info/2017/news/pool-suprnova-six-days-sabotaged-the-work-of-the-bitcoin-network-gold/

As I recall, the Suprnova pool/ocminer simply removed the code which was secretly added at the last minute by one of the devs which implemented a hidden 0.5% fee into his mining pools code, having the proceeds being sent unknowingly to his own personal BTG address. I could be wrong, but the linked information posted at cryptoconsulting.info seems fake and is not quite how I remember things going down..

You can check it out here, or here: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-gold-developer-under-scrutiny-for-allegedly-hiding-mining-code/

and here or here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2397046.0

and here or here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2407237.0

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
vitaminas

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:32:59 PM

part of the dev team or not, no1 takes what newbies has to say at any real value. especially with so many new accounts coming to talk shit and shill verge... its just a literal bloodbath of newbie blood n shite...

yup shite hit the fan, devs went around it the wrong way, a fix is being released end of story, if OCminer wants to shut down his pools he can, others will take his place. things always get worse before it tends to get better. surprised the price as actually held up as well as it has given the current situation thou.

As i previously stated this is hardly the first time nor the last time this kind of stuff will happen.... kinda ironic that verge gets hit with a shit storm everytime it trys to moon thou....

Personatily i think that things could have been handled better from both parts ocminer and Vergedev this seems to be more like a ego war rather than actually addressing a problem in the crypto eco system that might very well affect other coins in the future so this should be taken as an example and people should be trying to help each other rather than pointing fingers in a political fashion way.

Regarding the actual price i am not surprised at all considering that verge has a strong community and the upcoming partnership on 17th April.

And last but not least the irony of verge getting hit with a shit storm every time it tries to moon is called jealousy, unfortunately people don't deal well with others success especially if a project is threatening the Survivability or reputation of another. People may say what they want but the fact is that verge is growing and was already growing before the Mcafee tweet that everyone speaks about. And the fact that such cheap coin that is not even top 10 or top 5 is in every ones mouth in a daily basis speaks for itself. Cheers

NowandLater

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:44:24 PM

we are not doing a rollback and we are preparing a fork to patch this up.

Sorry to mess up this thread and topic a bit, but after i do not get for hours an answer on twitter, neither does the email function on the Verge homepage work, nor does someone respond on the Verge Bitcoin thread i have to try my luck here.

I visited some hours ago the official Verge Twitter profil to read the news about the hash hack. While reading the tweed i noticed several messages offering a compensation for the attack by Verge. Send x Eth and you get some bonus back. Sounded legit to me as it was affilated to the hash attack and i suffered from it as well having had some hours only orphaned blocks on all my baikals, hence i fall victim to this damn scam on the official twitter page.

Now, while i have myself for sure some vault for this i'am seriously angry about how on the official verge twitter page 100s of scams and fake messages that say they got the ETH back are tolerated and nobody cares about it?!?! How is this possible. After i realized i got scammed i even made a post in this tweet that its a scam and to remove it asap, nothing happened and people still fall after that scam. Only on that scam by now 12+ Eth have been transfered the last hours.

Damn, i'am not a twitter guy and very rarely use it, but from an official Verge twitter profil i personal await its clean and at very least if this for some reason is not possible that there are warning messages about these scams!!!! But no, nothing, the whole official Verge Twitter profil is FULL of scams that are tolerated and people like me, fall victims to it. Fine, i lost some 1.8 ETH, but hourly these scams seems to collect a huge amount of ETH that way and nobody there at Verge cares?

Seriously, so far i wondered about the twitter decision to ban crypto, but i begin to understand the decision. They must get shitload of complains from victims like me.....

And what makes me even more angry ... no response:
- Messaged some hours ago verge on twitter .... nothing, scams are staying and getting more and more
- Put a tweet on the Verge tweet to remove the scams .... nothing, scams are just staying there
- posted in the official bitcointalk Verge thread, nothing ......
- tried to email Verge about the ongoing scams .... email function on the homepage isn't even working, it just loads forever. And after 5 attempts to load it still loads after 2 hours, lol.

I'am writting this as a XVG miner and lover, but this all makes me really sad and angry .....

not sure if you thought we had the ability to delete them, but we dont. we have written to twitter about this. it's happening to all major coins right now. =\

I fell for the scam too, with another coin.

Now when I see the scammers on Twitter, I report them right away, and warn everyone not to buy into the scam.

It's a whole group of people, and they respond like they got a good amount for what they sent.

I did a search on "Etherscan," and found the address they used. They are literally taking in thousands with their scam. https://etherscan.io/

If you look at the transaction, you can find the address where you sent it, and it will even show the address it's associated with.

There's got to be a way to catch these thieves.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:58:10 PM

Sorry to mess up this thread and topic a bit, but after i do not get for hours an answer on twitter, neither does the email function on the Verge homepage work, nor does someone respond on the Verge Bitcoin thread i have to try my luck here.

I visited some hours ago the official Verge Twitter profil to read the news about the hash hack. While reading the tweed i noticed several messages offering a compensation for the attack by Verge. Send x Eth and you get some bonus back. Sounded legit to me as it was affilated to the hash attack and i suffered from it as well having had some hours only orphaned blocks on all my baikals, hence i fall victim to this damn scam on the official twitter page.

Now, while i have myself for sure some vault for this i'am seriously angry about how on the official verge twitter page 100s of scams and fake messages that say they got the ETH back are tolerated and nobody cares about it?!?! How is this possible. After i realized i got scammed i even made a post in this tweet that its a scam and to remove it asap, nothing happened and people still fall after that scam. Only on that scam by now 12+ Eth have been transfered the last hours.

Damn, i'am not a twitter guy and very rarely use it, but from an official Verge twitter profil i personal await its clean and at very least if this for some reason is not possible that there are warning messages about these scams!!!! But no, nothing, the whole official Verge Twitter profil is FULL of scams that are tolerated and people like me, fall victims to it. Fine, i lost some 1.8 ETH, but hourly these scams seems to collect a huge amount of ETH that way and nobody there at Verge cares?

Seriously, so far i wondered about the twitter decision to ban crypto, but i begin to understand the decision. They must get shitload of complains from victims like me.....

- Messaged some hours ago verge on twitter .... nothing, scams are staying and getting more and more
- Put a tweet on the Verge tweet to remove the scams .... nothing, scams are just staying there
- tried to email Verge about the ongoing scams .... email function on the homepage isn't even working, it just loads forever. And after 5 attempts to load it still loads after 2 hours, lol.

I'am writting this as a XVG miner and lover, but this all makes me really sad and angry .....

not sure if you thought we had the ability to delete them, but we dont. we have written to twitter about this. it's happening to all major coins right now. =\

Now when I see the scammers on Twitter, I report them right away, and warn everyone not to buy into the scam.

It's a whole group of people, and they respond like they got a good amount for what they sent.

I did a search on "Etherscan," and found the address they used. They are literally taking in thousands with their scam. https://etherscan.io/

If you look at the transaction, you can find the address where you sent it, and it will even show the address it's associated with.

I for myself reported that scam i felt on the verge twitter account to the FBI internet crime complaint center (IC3) with all links and full description how this happens. Hope other victims follow this step.
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:21:03 AM

I for myself reported that scam i felt on the verge twitter account to the FBI internet crime complaint center (IC3) with all links and full description how this happens. Hope other victims follow this step.

Yea, very unforunate to see how this is playing out for us miners. What we can do is just hope that the devs know what they are doing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: