Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Attack on XVG / VERGE  (Read 29438 times)
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:50:42 AM

The supply that is left is going to take around 7 to 10 years to be mined still,

How long will it take if the attack continues and won't get fixed? Theoretically, i doubt this can/should happen.

Plus if you understand how supply/demand works the more coins are in the market supplied by miners the more buyers you need to have in order to keep the price up

This is only one of the factors for price. There are other not less important factors as well ....

now when you have new buyers but no more coins getting in the price will inflate and not  "down like Titanic" because now people are fighting for a limited number of available coins.

Actually not necessary. This eventually would apply for a perfect product/project/item/usecase/patent/you name it. Even more at such high max. supply. I mean there is a difference if you have a currency
with 20.000.000 max supply or 50.000.000.000 for example. The lower the max supply the more true your argument of course would be common sense. But as again, price is not only a simple formular by
max. supply or mining hash rate. There is more involved in a price calculation than thinking that every one holding one of the 16,555,000,000 XVG thinks he will get a unce gold in return for a XVG unit.

Following your logic Ripple would be down the sink already as they have 3 times more coins in circulation than we do.

You miss here that Ripple/XRP has a lot of real partnerships ongoing. I'am not a ripple fan and i think Ripple with such max. supply is overvalued, maybe right now not, but everything over USD 1 for this coin is crazy. But Ripple, if all these partnerships with these banks are real and lasting than they actually have at least a good product that stays behind a given value for its currency, giving it as well some stability, thrust and whatever not the factors for price are. You make a big mistake by thinking real price is the result of 2 factors only, but its not.

And last but not least, XVG is XVG and Ripple is Ripple, i can not see much common things btw. both to compare them anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aN0Ny_M0Us

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:53:45 AM

Forks dont always fix such things as this. XVG should go ahead and fix it and not beat around the bush.
Partnerships coming means they should fix them asap Roll Eyes
bisti

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:11:21 PM

L0l that's what I'm expecting but I'd like to call him out on it because he's telling people they know nothing about verge when he clearly has 0 knowledge and just gave in to the FOMO
Sunerok is answering non-technical questions in other thread (basically with "not true" and stuff), obviously he's gonna ignore questions here
vitaminas

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:11:43 PM

The supply that is left is going to take around 7 to 10 years to be mined still,

How long will it take if the attack continues and won't get fixed? Theoretically, i doubt this can/should happen.

Plus if you understand how supply/demand works the more coins are in the market supplied by miners the more buyers you need to have in order to keep the price up

This is only one of the factors for price. There are other not less important factors as well ....

now when you have new buyers but no more coins getting in the price will inflate and not  "down like Titanic" because now people are fighting for a limited number of available coins.

Actually not necessary. This eventually would apply for a perfect product/project/item/usecase/patent/you name it. Even more at such high max. supply. I mean there is a difference if you have a currency
with 20.000.000 max supply or 50.000.000.000 for example. The lower the max supply the more true your argument of course would be common sense. But as again, price is not only a simple formular by
max. supply or mining hash rate. There is more involved in a price calculation than thinking that every one holding one of the 16,555,000,000 XVG thinks he will get a unce gold in return for a XVG unit.

Following your logic Ripple would be down the sink already as they have 3 times more coins in circulation than we do.

You miss here that Ripple/XRP has a lot of real partnerships ongoing. I'am not a ripple fan and i think Ripple with such max. supply is overvalued, maybe right now not, but everything over USD 1 for this coin is crazy. But Ripple, if all these partnerships with these banks are real and lasting than they actually have at least a good product that stays behind a given value for its currency, giving it as well some stability, thrust and whatever not the factors for price are. You make a big mistake by thinking real price is the result of 2 factors only, but its not.

And last but not least, XVG is XVG and Ripple is Ripple, i can not see much common things btw. both to compare them anyway.

i think you are missing the all point here, do you know how a price coin is calculated? The market cap is calculated by multiplying the circulating supply of a cryptocurrency by the coin price. It makes absolutely no sense at all saying that once we reach the market cap limit the price will sink. How can a price sink when you are not injecting more coins into the market therefor making the competition for them higher this is comon sense and basic rule of supply/demand. Every single coin in the market will reach this point except the ones that have infinite supply where i don't see how they can survive in the future when they are litereally flooding the market with billions of coins making the price less competitive, they require a constant flow in of money to buy that supply to keep the price up.
bisti

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:19:22 PM

i think you are missing the all point here, do you know how a price coin is calculated? The market cap is calculated by multiplying the circulating supply of a cryptocurrency by the coin price. It makes absolutely no sense at all saying that once we reach the market cap limit the price will sink. How can a price sink when you are not injecting more coins into the market therefor making the competition for them higher this is comon sense and basic rule of supply/demand. Every single coin in the market will reach this point except the ones that have infinite supply where i don't see how they can survive in the future when they are litereally flooding the market with billions of coins making the price less competitive, they require a constant flow in of money to buy that supply to keep the price up.
Oh ok in that case it's ok. The biggest and first - Bitcoin - after so many years is on 16,9 out of max 21 market cap.

But hacked coin without a real DEV is losing millions every day and they reached 15 out of 16,5 market cap, thats no problem. Is that what are you saying?
siege3967

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:20:14 PM

Explain how wraith protocol prevents blockchain analysis. Explain how toggleable stealth addresses from 2014(which is as good as creating a new address to send each tx, easily done manually and usually done by most wallets I've used) is innovative and groundbreaking security.
vitaminas

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:21:34 PM

$1 billion MC for a cheap, privacy clone that forked off Dogecoin. ofc there are going to be problems.

you clearly know a lot about verge, do some research. Verge is not a a dogecoin fork. But people automatically assume it is just because they had the name dogedark before rebrand.

How is verge private if it can succumb to block chain analysis? Where is the touted private ledger that was meant to be released with wraith? Please explain why optional privacy in verge doesn't ruin privacy whereas it's been known that optional privacy is what makes zcash not private. Still waiting.

Dude aren't you tired of embaressing yourself with your questions? where is the private ledger? Public ledger (or blockchain if you don't even know what is a ledger) and Private ledger work both on the same blockchain thats the all point of wraith protocol. Up until wraith protocol was released you could not have both public and private transactions on the same blockchain therefor a coin could only be private or public. Wraith Protocol is a technology that allows the user to seamlessly switch between public and private ledgers on the Verge Blockchain. Users are free to choose which ledger they want to utilize. To break it down, when Wraith Protocol is turned ON — the transaction data is hidden and not visible via the blockchain explorer. In a circumstance where transparency is required, Wraith Protocol would be turned OFF, allowing the transaction data to be viewable on the public ledger. So stop hating when you know 0 about crypto in general you are so dumb that you tough that having wraith procotol would make verge have 2 different blockchains, how is that even possible? Want me to send you 1 verge so you can try it out? Cheesy
ultrametric

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

Once the hardcap is reached, it's over for Verge. Miners earn only by transactions then. There will nobody by mining that bloody thing at that time.
siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:26:35 PM

$1 billion MC for a cheap, privacy clone that forked off Dogecoin. ofc there are going to be problems.

you clearly know a lot about verge, do some research. Verge is not a a dogecoin fork. But people automatically assume it is just because they had the name dogedark before rebrand.

How is verge private if it can succumb to block chain analysis? Where is the touted private ledger that was meant to be released with wraith? Please explain why optional privacy in verge doesn't ruin privacy whereas it's been known that optional privacy is what makes zcash not private. Still waiting.

Dude aren't you tired of embaressing yourself with your questions? where is the private ledger? Public ledger (or blockchain if you don't even know what is a ledger) and Private ledger work both on the same blockchain thats the all point of wraith protocol. Up until wraith protocol was released you could not have both public and private transactions on the same blockchain therefor a coin could only be private or public. Wraith Protocol is a technology that allows the user to seamlessly switch between public and private ledgers on the Verge Blockchain. Users are free to choose which ledger they want to utilize. To break it down, when Wraith Protocol is turned ON — the transaction data is hidden and not visible via the blockchain explorer. In a circumstance where transparency is required, Wraith Protocol would be turned OFF, allowing the transaction data to be viewable on the public ledger. So stop hating when you know 0 about crypto in general you are so dumb that you tough that having wraith procotol would make verge have 2 different blockchains, how is that even possible? Want me to send you 1 verge so you can try it out? Cheesy

Go ask the dev if a private ledger exists. He will say no. He has said that he believes that including a private ledger defeats the purpose of blockchain tech. You can see "stealth" transactions on the block explorer so you have clearly not tried wraith yet. Wraith does not hide transactional data. You can see addresses and values of the transactions. Stop falling for their marketing and do some research. Try making a stealth transaction. Now take that tx id and look it up on the block explorer. You can still see it.
bododk

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

Once the hardcap is reached, it's over for Verge. Miners earn only by transactions then. There will nobody by mining that bloody thing at that time.

you talking nonsense
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:30:14 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/8af0gc/let_me_get_this_straight_about_verge/

Let me get this straight about Verge... (self.CryptoCurrency)

submitted 10 hours ago * by Harucifer

So, Verge is pretty "big" for an alt/shitcoin. I remember the hype started when John McAffe (the "celeb" who gets paid for his tweets) tweeted about it, and it's been a shitshow ever since. And the dumb money KEEPS FLOWING IN.

Back in November/December, McAffe tweets about Verge (probably got his $105,000.00 for that). Hype starts building up.
Verge had a "Wraith Protocol" update coming up on a set date. Dev didn't keep true to his word and postponned it. When it finally came out, it wasn't anything impressive.
Dev made a post asking about paying taxes related to cryptos/coinbase. A few hours after said post, he started a "Give Verge to our pool so we can reveal big news on day XX/YY!!!1"
Didn't get enough money, some company matched the donation value so he would reveal it anyway.
Didn't reveal it. Postponned to April 16th.
Two days ago, their Blockchain was hacked.
Dev pushed a "fix" and said everything was fine. Wasn't, as hacker still mined free XVG.
Now Dev pushed another "fix". It was a hardfork. He didn't know it was a hardfork. Let me repeat that. The Dev. Didn't. Know. He. Pushed. A. Hard. Fork.
Despite all this, XVG is riding a pretty substantial rocket in value, gaining crazy percentages in a consolidated bear market. This honestly feels JUST LIKE BITCONNECT. Dumb money flows in, colorblind to all the red flags that keep popping up and probably thinking they're gray or green.

I'm at a loss for words. If anyone knows an exchange that allows me to short Verge, please PM it to me. I'll love some free money when this shit booms.

bisti

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:33:35 PM

you talking nonsense
here comes another verge DEV with his arguments lol
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:36:40 PM

I'm at a loss for words. If anyone knows an exchange that allows me to short Verge, please PM it to me. I'll love some free money when this shit booms.[/b]

didn't check the other exchanges, but binance is open again for deposits of Verge/XVG
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:41:37 PM

So anyone has an updated number on how many coins the attacker has now to dump on the market?

Last i heard is 16 Million XVG.

Must be much higher now.

siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:43:21 PM

So anyone has an updated number on how many coins the attacker has now to dump on the market?

Last i heard is 16 Million XVG.

Must be much higher now.

I think it's 100m+
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:44:56 PM

I'm at a loss for words. If anyone knows an exchange that allows me to short Verge, please PM it to me. I'll love some free money when this shit booms.[/b]

didn't check the other exchanges, but binance is open again for deposits of Verge/XVG

Does Binance allow to short coins? Didn't use Binance yet, but this truly seems the right moment to start shorting an overhyped coin on the "verge" of abyss Smiley

bododk

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:45:31 PM

you talking nonsense
here comes another verge DEV with his arguments lol

loll I'm not a verge DEV and I don't hold any verge ..

** at the end the majority of miners will leave and verge probably will become centralized (worst case scenario) but I think that a solution will be implemented before that time

btw: look at my old posts in this thread to see
cminor

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

Although proofs and facts have been provided numerous times.. there are still people believing in a flat earth.
This is no different from the mentality of Verge community. The sooner you understand it you will stop pointless discussions.
vitaminas

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:58:45 PM

Oh really so what you are saying is that every coin will die eventualy?
siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:59:24 PM

Although proofs and facts have been provided numerous times.. there are still people believing in a flat earth.
This is no different from the mentality of Verge community. The sooner you understand it you will stop pointless discussions.

It's hard to admit that the bags you hold are worthless so the shills will continue shilling their bags. Just need to expose them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: