Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:24:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Attack on XVG / VERGE  (Read 29437 times)
bododk

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:43:38 PM

this is my last post in this thread .. so , don't forget #make_a_mortgage_and_buy_verge
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slemicek

Activity: 139
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:20:25 PM

Deutsche Bank, really? Do you have any idea of the vetting standards these companies have?

Well, in all fairness, they are pretty much the only bank that will lend to Donald Trump - and for billions of dollars. Make of that what you will..

Deutsche Bank? Partnership with some shady project for 3millions $? You guys must be on drugs to even write it publicly  😂 make it 3 billions and MAYBE they will talk to you at one desk.

Not sure how you make your math, but current market cap is 1.2 Billion. In case the price gets as high as 20 cents you would have 3 billions.  Every 0.01 cent the verge price rises the market
cap goes up about 165M by the way.

Why you talk about mcap omg...?
Verge partnership cost was 75millions xvg . who knows how many dev keeps for himself but w/e
So again if you think that Deutsche Bank will partnership with someone shady af and only for millions $ your delusional. Same goes for naive ppl who talking about Apple, Amazon, Ebay etc... Such companies partnership can't be bought and if so, not for 75mil xvg, lmao.

mylooderso

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:03:04 PM

If its a bank of munich, it could be the Fidor Bank. I think its the most used Bank for germans to buy cryptos. They have a partnership with bitcoin.de and (im not sure) also with kraken, and we all know - Germany = Money!

i agree! emphasis on IF though...

btw you can use fidor to deposit money at kraken. as far as i know it's not a real partnership though. kraken simply has an account at fidor
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:05:48 PM

If any bank partner with Verge, it will be only, because of money, not great code quality. And it's not underdog - it's cap is bigger than Zcash - real private cash.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:40:38 PM

If any bank partner with Verge, it will be only, because of money, not great code quality. And it's not underdog - it's cap is bigger than Zcash - real private cash.

i doubt that 95% of the verge fan base is watching/understanding/viewing/ market cap. Underdog in the meaning of very cheap coin everybody can get, which is
mostly the reason of the big fan base. For these guys Verge is an underdog, at least in my opinion about the pov of the XVG fans.
COMONMAN

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:35:53 AM

Well from what I see at least they now followed my advice and integrated the mentioned MAX_BLOCKS_PER_ALGO commit from myriad:

https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/commit/80c81aef63272231fc39c2af4b8db9f3f2e9d328

This should fix at least the issue to "takeover" the chain by abusing one algo.. If it actually works.

However of course there's still damage done, the abusers funds are mined and in the chain, that guy is pretty rich now I guess Smiley

Enough to buy a private island (just kidding!) and have enough left over for taxes?!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:05:19 AM

So did they fork away the post mined coins? This thread is far too long to catch up on and more than likely 90% trolling.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
muf18

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:03:32 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Nope they roll "in" not back, so whoever hacker was - got his coins for exploiting this shitty code.
luka1002

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:15:21 AM

Yeah, Zcash - real private cash from private company loool. It can not be private at all.  Grin
Only few people know with who Verge will have partnership, so you are speculating as most of people. 
muf18

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:18:46 AM

Yeah, Zcash - real private cash from private company loool. It can not be private at all.

Don't judge company, judge code.
And it's code is much better, and really private by choice, which verge brag about, but they aren't in reality.
luka1002

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:24:53 AM

Yeah, Zcash - real private cash from private company loool. It can not be private at all.

Don't judge company, judge code.
And it's code is much better, and really private by choice, which verge brag about, but they aren't in reality.

And am i guessing that you can judge code?
So lets judge code, what can you tell about Zcash code? What they can see? It is private coin so we can not see Ip ,location ect... but can they? We do not know that because they are private company , they can probably see everything.
Igloo74

Activity: 187

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 06:41:27 AM

It seems that all the same artificially pamped Verge, first news about the news that will be on April 16, and possibly cooperation with Amazon. Then hardfork, which successfully competed with the hacker attack. There are doubts that this cooperation awakens with such a giant as the Amazon or Deutsche Bank. We are waiting for the official announcement from the team and I expect a rollback of the price of XVG.
pluto12345

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:22:41 AM

as far as i understood , are tokenpay working together with "deutsche bank" in order to release debit cards wtih verge being the choosen currency.

re the verge partnership: i read somewhere that the partner is a payment provider...so it will never be deutsche bank or fidor bank. fidor bank isnt that huge , detusche bank on the other hand is a monster in germany(and not only germany), but i dont think they partner with verge.

i remember sunerok said in a video, that everyone knows the company...my wildest guess would be paypal. i see it as the only big well known company/payment provider to take such a deal.

imo  verge is a "solid" project with a huge twitter follower base...big companies looking out for such things as social media presence. tell me another coin who has such a presence, is still in a low price range and could make such a deal happen. i dont see many to be honest.

but whatever, lets see what the 16th/17th has in store for us.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:28:23 AM

as far as i understood , are tokenpay working together with "deutsche bank" in order to release debit cards wtih verge being the choosen currency.

re the verge partnership: i read somewhere that the partner is a payment provider...so it will never be deutsche bank or fidor bank. fidor bank isnt that huge , detusche bank on the other hand is a monster in germany(and not only germany), but i dont think they partner with verge.

i remember sunerok said in a video, that everyone knows the company...my wildest guess would be paypal. i see it as the only big well known company/payment provider to take such a deal.

imo  verge is a "solid" project with a huge twitter follower base...big companies looking out for such things as social media presence. tell me another coin who has such a presence, is still in a low price range and could make such a deal happen. i dont see many to be honest.

Why would PayPal accept Verge out of all cryptocurrencies out there?
It's not fucking PayPal.

PayPal doesn't care about privacy nor does it care about cryptocurrency and if it did, it would accept Bitcoin, not Verge.

It's not PayPal and it's not Amazon.
Take another guess.

Looking for a signature campaign.
pluto12345

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:56:36 AM

imo  verge is a "solid" project with a huge twitter follower base...big companies looking out for such things as social media presence. tell me another coin who has such a presence, is still in a low price range and could make such a deal happen. i dont see many to be honest.

It's not fucking PayPal.

PayPal doesn't care about privacy nor does it care about cryptocurrency and if it did, it would accept Bitcoin, not Verge.

Take another guess.

it was mentioned, that the potential partner did not choose verge because  its a privacy coin but rather because of their follower base on social media/community. i never mentioned amazon, you said that. i also dont think its them, but paypal is plausible.

but reading your post, your are pretty sure its not paypal..do you have any source/links for this statement?

cheers
boxalex

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:27:10 PM

It's not fucking PayPal.

Take another guess.

it was mentioned, that the potential partner did not choose verge because  its a privacy coin but rather because of their follower base on social media/community. i never mentioned amazon, you said that. i also dont think its them, but paypal is plausible.

but reading your post, your are pretty sure its not paypal..do you have any source/links for this statement?

cheers

i personally see the logic behind that comment and i agree with you that the huge follower base my attact a company like paypal. I mean in a sudden you would have things rolling, no need to run long expensive marketing campaigns to make that product/feature available, it will spread itself in lightspeed. And you would have immediatly a lot of users using that feature. It would make sense from paypals point of view for sure. I'am pretty sure at paypal they have got a pretty good risk management as well.

However, we do not know. BUT if its paypal, it would be a huge turbo boost for Verge for sure. And again, all others would profit beside that as well, maybe not that much as with Deutsche Bank or Amazon, but still, it would be good for everybody in the crypto world having such deal.

Its another thing how reliable Verge is as a partner ..... Time will show who was nearest with his guess :-)
ACP

Activity: 612
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:42:56 PM

I'll take bets it's just this=

https://www.ledgerwallet.com/cryptocurrencies

bets start at 1 million xvg Wink

odds 2:1 against your hype bank suggestions
boxalex

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:14:22 PM

me personally is not going to take any bets, lol :-)

However, if its ledgerwallet than it would even  not fit into my understanding for deal/partnership, not even talking about "mega deal" and similar.

But after we are going to make guesses. Mine is that the partnership release date, 14.04. if i remember right, will moved to a way later date, at least in May to get some more time for whatever using the hype and uptrend to its best.
pluto12345

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:37:57 PM

wow so you are sitting on minimum 1 mil xvg and know the partner is ledgerwallet?

i call bullshit on you Grin
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:58:49 PM

It's not fucking PayPal.

Take another guess.

it was mentioned, that the potential partner did not choose verge because  its a privacy coin but rather because of their follower base on social media/community. i never mentioned amazon, you said that. i also dont think its them, but paypal is plausible.

cheers

You didn't but some others have.

I'm pretty sure Bitcoin has a larger follower base than XVG.
Nothing to prove it's not PayPal except for common sense.

I can place a 5BTC wager with you with a trusted escrow whether it's PayPal or not.
Or whatever amount you're comfortable with.

Looking for a signature campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: