Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Attack on XVG / VERGE  (Read 29441 times)
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:53:13 PM

The amount of delusional people in this thread is staggering. Sunerok said that their 'partner' did not choose Verge because of their 'optional privacy' (even though plenty of coins offer optional privacy without bragging about it).

There are dozens of other altcoins that are far more suitable for (micro)payments compared to XVG. Coins like Litecoin, Viacoin, Vertcoin and any other SegWit/Lightning Network coin can handle scaling issues much better, have a better development team and had less technical issues in the past. I am trying to be objective here so please give me 1 reason why a company would partner with Verge instead of Litecoin (that already has a solid foundation, has a bigger and more professional community, is more well-known, offers numerous mobile wallets/payment gateways etc.)?

indeed  Cheesy Cheesy

correct me if I am wrong- but isn't this DogeCoinDark rebranded ?!?!?! Grin

There are many reasons you are wrong, man. It isn't worth time to elaborate.
But most important one that must be emphasized: most other coins have shit name and shit logo.

I think it is you who is wrong - so please by all means: Do elaborate

https://www.decrptd.com/coin/verge-xvg-cryptocurrency-review-2017/
https://cryptorecorder.com/2018/01/12/is-verge-xvg-the-next-big-coin-to-watch-in-2018/
http://cryptolix.com/verge-currency-old-dogecoindark-rebranding-a-massive-success/

Developed in 2014 as the DogeCoinDark, and re-branded to Verge (XVG) in 2017, the XVG has been in the market for only about 3 years now.

Verge, formally known as ‘DogecoinDark’ is a cryptocurrency that focuses on privacy and anonymity. It’s development team is relatively small compared to other cryptocurrencies, with just 1 core developer and a handful of contributors. Verge is an open-source project, and funded by the developers themselves along with donations.

so what do you know? not too much, obviously.

besides, I only made one claim here, so there can hardly be many things wrong, can there?

blathering noob moron.  Cheesy Cheesy

Procrastinater

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:42:30 PM

@the above.

Wise man regards what you quoted the advantage that Verge owns. 

I sincerely recommend you to buy in now. When this around surge of others settled, XVG will set out ...
lusa

Activity: 109
Merit: 5

hodl

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:45:33 PM

I think XVG fan bois are mixing things. People have valid points and facts about how this mess happened. The problem is not about the exploit or people trying to decrease the price to buy more XVG. It is how devs handled. Any coin may have a similar attack/hack etc but good coins would shine with "how fast did devs solve it, how did they solve it, how they communicate with their community and other people with whole process, how devs can prevent it, how devs behaved to the person who showed the problem"

You can do marketing as much as you want. It will be successful to a point on the price perspective but eventually it will collapse if you don't get your shit together. I don't care FUD or FOMO.
Procrastinater

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:56:27 PM

Sorry guys, i am in a moment where I determined to stick to the bottom of the thread.

@the above, XVG is on top of "facts" ( well, it might be too subtle for many to digest ) rather than "marketing".
Verge dev is a badass who doesn't give many fks.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:00:55 PM

The amount of delusional people in this thread is staggering. Sunerok said that their 'partner' did not choose Verge because of their 'optional privacy' (even though plenty of coins offer optional privacy without bragging about it).

There are dozens of other altcoins that are far more suitable for (micro)payments compared to XVG. Coins like Litecoin, Viacoin, Vertcoin and any other SegWit/Lightning Network coin can handle scaling issues much better, have a better development team and had less technical issues in the past. I am trying to be objective here so please give me 1 reason why a company would partner with Verge instead of Litecoin (that already has a solid foundation, has a bigger and more professional community, is more well-known, offers numerous mobile wallets/payment gateways etc.)?

indeed  Cheesy Cheesy

correct me if I am wrong- but isn't this DogeCoinDark rebranded ?!?!?! Grin

There are many reasons you are wrong, man. It isn't worth time to elaborate.
But most important one that must be emphasized: most other coins have shit name and shit logo.

So a multi-million dollar company chooses to partner with Verge because Litecoin's logo sucks? I asked a normal question so please answer it.
Procrastinater

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:04:45 PM

@the above,  no offence, sometimes I joke ...
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:36:10 PM

Look, i'am just answering here trying to be absolutly objective taking neither side, but there are a lot of arguments you do not consider that are/should/must be important for whatever deal and partnership.

1.) Talking about suitable coins for a given partner. We do not know who the partner is, neither its requirements. This said, we have no idea what suits a given partner better. IF its indeed a real deal (not sure about it yet), but lets asume there will be a real big partnership deal. Than someone should be sure that their riskmanagement, investement managed and who knows whatever else in that company checked a lot of things that they came to such conclusion.

2.) About other coins like litecoin .... Not sure, i personally do not think that a high valued (over 20 USD) coin is good for micro business. Its just not comfortable to divide all the time a given coin. Lets say a given price is 0.0325 LTC or lets say 13 XVG, 2 XRP, ... . The laster is for sure more comfortable for the masses.

3.) Developement team. I agree with you here. There are a lot better teams around, no doubt even about this argument. However, maybe its not the actual priority of the partnership or after a deal this gets massivley improved, adopted or whatever improvement. It could be, we do not know again about future plans or changes/additions in the dev team.

4.) Solid Foundation. Its up what someone understands under solid foundation. In all fairness XVG is around for some years now, this makes it at least better than 90% of the shitcoins that vanish as fast as they appeared. XVG has good exchanges as well, i again would say at least 95% better than most other coins around here. But most important here and for an eventually partner, the huge fan base. Its enormous, obviously. This attracts sponsors and partners. The more followers/members/fans, the better for  a given sponsor/partner as it saves a huge amount of money elsewhere needed for advertising/marketing to make a given product public and well known. Seems many of us underestimate this value.

5.) A good indicator of that fan base is that all these "technical incidents" had 0 impact, neither on the exchanges, nor elsewhere. For another coin this would had been eventuall the end.

6.) From a the POV of an investor or partner i personally as a learned in economics, believe that they look for currencies that are centralized or semi-centralized, just for more easy business relationships. I personally, if i had the choose would prefer a currency where i have to talk to only some people that take decisions than a whole community, referendums, or even no real organisation behind it. A business partnership just needs business partners, at least at these date. As said, just my opinion.

So in all fairness i think there are or better, their could be some arguments making Verge attractive for a partnership. Seriously, i try to be fair and see all points of view. While the whole thread here was based on technical issues it seems that investors, traders ..... do not care too much about these, but others, as the mentioned above are more important.

Just as a side note: What i lately see more and more is some fanatic stance from one side vs. another. Blind posts without even considering other arguments, apsects and so on. See GPU miners vs. Asic miners for example. Given coin haters vs. coin supporters. I think every fanatism is bad, be it pro or negative. While i personally still think there will no partnership announced on 17th i'am fair enough to admit possible arguments for such partnership.
Sonnema

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:21:25 PM

all the hate.. verge just keeps buffing though
i think people need to take a look at what they are actually investing in. we've come a long way but in reality this technology is still very new and none are even close to perfect yet
Procrastinater

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:52:20 PM

@the above, "hate" is perhaps too strong a word cuz that's a wrong thing. Well there's actually no right or wrong. People make their own decisions based on their own logic analyzing whatever on the surface (and how they are influenced by many opinions derived beyond facts).
Comparing to many others, I think presently XVG is a good one to lay my speculation on, but also a potential for long hodl.
To many currently dislikers, I suggest to give it a 2nd thought. It's still good time to get in.
thocon456

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:39:01 PM

You are doing a great job! Thank you for sharing  Grin
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:10:24 PM

I think you will be earning close to 1.5K-2K on that bet.
50K xvg * price after dump = close to $1500-2000
Interesting to see if any vergetard is willing to risk this much  Grin

Don't get me wrong, I'm heavily invested in XVG
But, these people are dense

So, I'm going to repeat this offer so more people see it.

For those claiming PayPal or Amazon are going to accept XVG
I'll bet 100 000 XVG versus your 50 000 XVG that none of those 2 are going to partner with Verge on the 17th
Escrow accepted.

Looking for a signature campaign.
CoinGambler36

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:27:39 PM

I'll bet 100 000 XVG versus your 50 000 XVG that none of those 2 are going to partner with Verge on the 17th
Escrow accepted.

LMAO....2 to 1 odds that a .08 crypto coin isn't going to partner with 2 of the biggest companies on the planet? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha you can't make this stuff up, the amount of retard in this thread is unreal.  I will say if someone is stupid enough to bite on those absolutely MORONIC odds than they deserve what they have coming to them.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:29:12 PM

Escrow accepted.

what would be the bet against my prediction that on 17th the announcement gets canceled and/or moved to a later date?
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:34:59 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 10:46:11 PM by iluvbitcoins

Escrow accepted.

what would be the bet against my prediction that on 17th the announcement gets canceled and/or moved to a later date?

Hm.
Guess you'll have to find someone to place that bet.

Well, I keep seeing these PP, Amazon replies, here, on reddit, even in articles!
For fuks sake.

This is probably going to silence them Smiley
If they're so sure it should be PayPal, they'll take the bet.
But they won't, since they aren't sure, they're just shilling.
And that kind of shilling isn't good, because people are going to expect more than they'll actually get.

I'll make it a bit better though.

100 000 Verge saying nor PayPal nor Amazon are going to accept Verge
You only need to put up 20 000 XVG against me Smiley

Procrastinater

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:53:33 PM

Some of you guys, out of either side, some are legendary, some are newbie.  Your way of spreading your opinion is too enforcing and attacking-ish hence will never make effect to the other.

Again:
1. Respect the long journey Verge has gone through; ( many hasn't and likely will never have the chance come through these difficulties )
2. Treat the Verge potentially upcoming partnership an opportunity worth some your attention;
3. Acknowledge the risk of it; more importantly be aware that none the coins are much less risky than Verge;
4. The opportunity window may close soon;
5. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:19:11 AM

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BigOnFlipkart?src=hash

vitaminas

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:20:29 AM

Escrow accepted.

Hm.
Guess you'll have to find someone to place that bet.

Well, I keep seeing these PP, Amazon replies, here, on reddit, even in articles!
For fuks sake.

This is probably going to silence them Smiley
If they're so sure it should be PayPal, they'll take the bet.
But they won't, since they aren't sure, they're just shilling.
And that kind of shilling isn't good, because people are going to expect more than they'll actually get.

I'll make it a bit better though.

100 000 Verge saying nor PayPal nor Amazon are going to accept Verge
You only need to put up 20 000 XVG against me Smiley

Paypal is not for sure cause Justin confirmed it on discord.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:38:41 AM

look at them all

ETH

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/03/ethereum-fixes-serious-eclipse-flaw-that-could-be-exploited-by-any-kid/

PIVX

https://pivx.org/from-the-dev-team/

BTC

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Value_overflow_incident

DRK (now dash)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=816141.0

and seems like now we have Zcash

https://forum.z.cash/t/how-does-someone-find-a-17-blocks-in-4-seconds-time-warp-attack/1583/16

But no one really cares right? Because here the main intention is to FUD and hate on XVG nothing else. And this are only the proofs that other coins already suffered from the same in the past are suffering now and will suffer in the future. So for all of you that come here trash talk about verge make sure to at least make your homework or just refrain from talking even tho i know that no matter how many other coins will get suffer from the same exact exploit verge will be the one always in the lights and that just proves that people feel threathnead by his potential but want to denied, it its called confirmation bias.

It's the xvg dev doing it

Don't you see they are hyping some new announcement after April 15 to wash their hands?

You guys need some street smarts once xvg said they had an arrangement with token pay back in Dec 17 you should have known right there it was a scam

Obviously it's an artificial pump along with the hack

The hacker can't make money unless there is a steady demand for xvg from buyers buying up the coin over some hype which is xvgs new deadline
Ryuh

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

That partnership... i really don't believe that a huge company in their right mind will get together with this coin.
A simple research will reveal a lot of problems and shady stuff in the past and that will be the end of it.
Big companies make their proper due diligence.

I have some Verge, but i'm not delusional.
I certainly can envision some adult site using crypto payments for privacy reasons, so its possible.
Maybe ill be surprised tho?

samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:18:32 PM

Nice find.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: