Bitcoin Forum
November 28, 2022, 03:27:22 PM *
News: Bitcointalk Community Awards

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders, Inputs.io, Tradefortress (HACK)  (Read 39631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gaston909

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:26:03 AM

001sonkit:26.44:0:U

Huh? But you said he repaid something....
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:33:59 AM

Mail 1, sent to admin@glados.cc, support@inputs.io, at 11/7 6:35pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is lordsonkit
Input.io Balance: 0.0005BTC
Coinlenders Balance: 26.29857103 BTC
Coinlenders Failed Withdraw during Inputs API Downtime: 0.13BTC
CoinChat Balance: ~1.5BTC (Account: lordsonkit, moobot, fishingbot)
覧覧覧覧覧覧
Subtotal:  26.429071BTC + ~1.5BTC ~= 27.929071BTC

Refund Address: 1CasperDEhyGD81WNPo9qkaFnWxUSWmrq

Inputs.io Password -----------------------

CoinLenders Password -----------------------

CoinChat Password -----------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: password are hashed
Mail 2 11/7 7:39pm from support@inputs.io
Can only refund Inputs.io now, which you don't have any other than 0.0005.

There will be automated systems for CL.

Hi, we have sad news..

Due to major hacks, Inputs does not have enough BTC to repay everyone fully. We're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address. On your Inputs account, your balance should have flipped to the negative to indicate you've received a refund.

We apologize sincerely for the lost Bitcoins. It's been a very hard lesson for us, and we're sorry that we have to pass it onto our users. Please respond to the email if you have any queries.

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
gravity_boy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:40:27 AM

gravity_boy:4.01865378:0:U
gaston909

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:41:53 AM

Mail 1, sent to admin@glados.cc, support@inputs.io, at 11/7 6:35pm
This is lordsonkit
Input.io Balance: 0.0005BTC
Coinlenders Balance: 26.29857103 BTC
Coinlenders Failed Withdraw during Inputs API Downtime: 0.13BTC
CoinChat Balance: ~1.5BTC (Account: lordsonkit, moobot, fishingbot)
覧覧覧覧覧覧
Subtotal:  26.429071BTC + ~1.5BTC ~= 27.929071BTC

Refund Address: 1CasperDEhyGD81WNPo9qkaFnWxUSWmrq

Inputs.io Password -----------------------

CoinLenders Password -----------------------

CoinChat Password -----------------------

Notes: password are hashed
Mail 2 11/7 7:39pm from support@inputs.io
Can only refund Inputs.io now, which you don't have any other than 0.0005.

There will be automated systems for CL.

Hi, we have sad news..

Due to major hacks, Inputs does not have enough BTC to repay everyone fully. We're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address. On your Inputs account, your balance should have flipped to the negative to indicate you've received a refund.

We apologize sincerely for the lost Bitcoins. It's been a very hard lesson for us, and we're sorry that we have to pass it onto our users. Please respond to the email if you have any queries.

Yes but in a private message you suggested you took a haircut and the balance was settled, you could at least post the amount you got back. Or maybe you struck a deal not to.
TomJeff

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:04:30 PM

I'll be happy to take up the lawsuit from USA. I have his contact information and have contacted an attorney and an australian private investigator.

I will help you in any way that I can.  Please let me know how I may contact you.
Thank you
Tom Jeff
DumbFruit (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:32:34 PM

Hey dwdoc, if you want to give me some contact information, I can post it at the head of the OP so that people can find you easily. Unless you're planning on going it alone, which will be costly.

I did not have to present any identification because I had TradeFortress deposit into an address that I used to deposit to Inputs.io.
If you still have the private keys to those old addresses, that could be an excellent way to get your coins back without the need of identification.

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:35:29 PM

sounds like the expectation is 20 cents on the dollar
drinkmorecoffee

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 04:15:59 PM

Well, after some haggling I was able to settle with TradeFortress for 199.383xbt. While it's a pretty terrible outcome, at least I can put this mess behind me, and hopefully preserve my purchasing power in the face of the volatile bitcoin market.
I'll continue to update this thread, but any legal action will have to come from another party, as I no longer have any stake in the matter.

These were the transactions;
e1ec1cb240ba9eac5e845fb8cd342372cb00b307d1b845307b2666d1e8a9d010
c2da4a08c7f01f4ca599ab75594d3510abffa0db0f52a1c4f0349eded37cc772

Perhaps as a result of this deal TradeFortress can offer a better proportion of your deposits back.

DumbFruit, how were you able to contact TradeFortress?  I guess the real question is, how should WE be contacting him?  I tried the glados.cc address a while ago but haven't heard anything.  Are you just sending PM's through the forum? 

A 20% return would SUCK, but I have to admit I've made bad investments in the past and been grateful to walk away with that much.  This will hurt, but 20% of an investment is a helluva lot better than 0%.

DumbFruit (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:42:00 PM

I contacted him at admin@glados.cc
TradeFortress does not respond to propositions he doesn't like. He doesn't give you a reason why.
I had to let him know that I would consider a proposal from him, and then he got back to me with an offer. (Long story short.)

Another person called it a "Pyrrhic victory", and I don't think I could put it any better than that. The question right now is, "How do I want to be screwed over?"

I think that had I waited longer there was a possibility that I could have received a higher proportion of my balance, and while I think there is no case to be made that TradeFortress has acted criminally, he has been demonstrably incompetent on several occasions, and so I decided to get out ASAP.

Your mileage may vary.

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
smithd98@gmail.com

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:03:37 PM

Coinlenders - smithd98@gmail.com:1.5001855:0:U

Refund address: 1AtJzBnoiLN4dMjbR5zb6hVk86nvRW4QzK
efc17

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:31:21 PM

I'm another one to be added to the Coinlenders owed list: 86.93779676 BTC

I was in email contact with TF last week but he's not replied for quite a number of days now.

Are there any/many CL users in the UK that are looking in to any possible legal remedy?

In in the UK and would be interested in commencing proceedings ASAP.  I have representation locally for my business and am discussing it with them.

Do you have representation experienced in overseas cases such as this?

I would like to find out more details please.

3KNSWuue88Rtn9GY6XV3tQTQUd3MwaDuKW
MFqZJ2YQzuFMKSNqmu8uh6xoqqM3FDFrwt
https://www.gate.io/hodl?ref=3553
CryptoUser01

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

Has anyone considered additional media coverage of this? Perhaps a little extra coverage of what TradeFortress' response or lack there of may encourage him to start looking at this more critically.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:39:00 PM

I have no intention of taking a haircut or groveling for scraps.
Unlike some, I kept my investment in line with my risk tolerance.

My balance of 6.00038338 (after TF early terminated my CD) is owed in full.
While I will accept partial payments, they will only serve to reduce the amount owed, not constitute a settlement.

The address in my signature is where my inputs.io/coinlenders account was funded from and that is where the repayment should be sent.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Dr.Steve

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:42:26 PM

I've tried reaching TF many times and get NO reply whatsoever. I'm willing to take legal action, even if it costs me and I get nothing back in return.
drinkmorecoffee

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:53:30 PM

I contacted him at admin@glados.cc
TradeFortress does not respond to propositions he doesn't like. He doesn't give you a reason why.
I had to let him know that I would consider a proposal from him, and then he got back to me with an offer. (Long story short.)

Another person called it a "Pyrrhic victory", and I don't think I could put it any better than that. The question right now is, "How do I want to be screwed over?"

I think that had I waited longer there was a possibility that I could have received a higher proportion of my balance, and while I think there is no case to be made that TradeFortress has acted criminally, he has been demonstrably incompetent on several occasions, and so I decided to get out ASAP.

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the followup.  I'll try again.
gaston909

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:42:54 PM

I made an offer to him - I worked down until the value was so low... that it would ruin me for many many years to come and offered for him to propose something and he still didn't want to make a deal. What does that suggest to you all?
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:49:49 PM

I made an offer to him - I worked down until the value was so low... that it would ruin me for many many years to come and offered for him to propose something and he still didn't want to make a deal. What does that suggest to you all?

How many BTC did you had there?
gaston909

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:55:29 PM

Over 100.
bradyon

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:19:31 AM

Gaston909

Did he actually answer you? Seems like he ignored me. I want to believe he is doing his best to get everybody the lowest possible haircut but looks like feeling powerless is the only option available for us now.  Cry
nsd

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:01:50 AM

Gaston909

Did he actually answer you? Seems like he ignored me. I want to believe he is doing his best to get everybody the lowest possible haircut but looks like feeling powerless is the only option available for us now.  Cry

Indeed. All I want is some sort of dialogue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: