Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:50:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders, Inputs.io, Tradefortress (HACK)  (Read 39679 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gravity_boy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:40:27 AM

gravity_boy:4.01865378:0:U
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gaston909

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:41:53 AM

Mail 1, sent to admin@glados.cc, support@inputs.io, at 11/7 6:35pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is lordsonkit
Input.io Balance: 0.0005BTC
Coinlenders Balance: 26.29857103 BTC
Coinlenders Failed Withdraw during Inputs API Downtime: 0.13BTC
CoinChat Balance: ~1.5BTC (Account: lordsonkit, moobot, fishingbot)
————————————
Subtotal:  26.429071BTC + ~1.5BTC ~= 27.929071BTC

Refund Address: 1CasperDEhyGD81WNPo9qkaFnWxUSWmrq

Inputs.io Password -----------------------

CoinLenders Password -----------------------

CoinChat Password -----------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: password are hashed
Mail 2 11/7 7:39pm from support@inputs.io
Can only refund Inputs.io now, which you don't have any other than 0.0005.

There will be automated systems for CL.

Hi, we have sad news..

Due to major hacks, Inputs does not have enough BTC to repay everyone fully. We're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address. On your Inputs account, your balance should have flipped to the negative to indicate you've received a refund.

We apologize sincerely for the lost Bitcoins. It's been a very hard lesson for us, and we're sorry that we have to pass it onto our users. Please respond to the email if you have any queries.

Yes but in a private message you suggested you took a haircut and the balance was settled, you could at least post the amount you got back. Or maybe you struck a deal not to.
TomJeff

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:04:30 PM

I'll be happy to take up the lawsuit from USA. I have his contact information and have contacted an attorney and an australian private investigator.

I will help you in any way that I can.  Please let me know how I may contact you.
Thank you
Tom Jeff
DumbFruit (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:32:34 PM

Hey dwdoc, if you want to give me some contact information, I can post it at the head of the OP so that people can find you easily. Unless you're planning on going it alone, which will be costly.

I did not have to present any identification because I had TradeFortress deposit into an address that I used to deposit to Inputs.io.
If you still have the private keys to those old addresses, that could be an excellent way to get your coins back without the need of identification.

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:35:29 PM

sounds like the expectation is 20 cents on the dollar
drinkmorecoffee

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 04:15:59 PM

Well, after some haggling I was able to settle with TradeFortress for 199.383xbt. While it's a pretty terrible outcome, at least I can put this mess behind me, and hopefully preserve my purchasing power in the face of the volatile bitcoin market.
I'll continue to update this thread, but any legal action will have to come from another party, as I no longer have any stake in the matter.

These were the transactions;
e1ec1cb240ba9eac5e845fb8cd342372cb00b307d1b845307b2666d1e8a9d010
c2da4a08c7f01f4ca599ab75594d3510abffa0db0f52a1c4f0349eded37cc772

Perhaps as a result of this deal TradeFortress can offer a better proportion of your deposits back.

DumbFruit, how were you able to contact TradeFortress?  I guess the real question is, how should WE be contacting him?  I tried the glados.cc address a while ago but haven't heard anything.  Are you just sending PM's through the forum? 

A 20% return would SUCK, but I have to admit I've made bad investments in the past and been grateful to walk away with that much.  This will hurt, but 20% of an investment is a helluva lot better than 0%.

DumbFruit (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:42:00 PM

I contacted him at admin@glados.cc
TradeFortress does not respond to propositions he doesn't like. He doesn't give you a reason why.
I had to let him know that I would consider a proposal from him, and then he got back to me with an offer. (Long story short.)

Another person called it a "Pyrrhic victory", and I don't think I could put it any better than that. The question right now is, "How do I want to be screwed over?"

I think that had I waited longer there was a possibility that I could have received a higher proportion of my balance, and while I think there is no case to be made that TradeFortress has acted criminally, he has been demonstrably incompetent on several occasions, and so I decided to get out ASAP.

Your mileage may vary.

smithd98@gmail.com

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:03:37 PM

Coinlenders - smithd98@gmail.com:1.5001855:0:U

Refund address: 1AtJzBnoiLN4dMjbR5zb6hVk86nvRW4QzK
efc17

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:31:21 PM

I'm another one to be added to the Coinlenders owed list: 86.93779676 BTC

I was in email contact with TF last week but he's not replied for quite a number of days now.

Are there any/many CL users in the UK that are looking in to any possible legal remedy?

In in the UK and would be interested in commencing proceedings ASAP.  I have representation locally for my business and am discussing it with them.

Do you have representation experienced in overseas cases such as this?

I would like to find out more details please.

3KNSWuue88Rtn9GY6XV3tQTQUd3MwaDuKW
MFqZJ2YQzuFMKSNqmu8uh6xoqqM3FDFrwt
https://www.gate.io/hodl?ref=3553
CryptoUser01

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

Has anyone considered additional media coverage of this? Perhaps a little extra coverage of what TradeFortress' response or lack there of may encourage him to start looking at this more critically.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:39:00 PM

I have no intention of taking a haircut or groveling for scraps.
Unlike some, I kept my investment in line with my risk tolerance.

My balance of 6.00038338 (after TF early terminated my CD) is owed in full.
While I will accept partial payments, they will only serve to reduce the amount owed, not constitute a settlement.

The address in my signature is where my inputs.io/coinlenders account was funded from and that is where the repayment should be sent.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Dr.Steve

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:42:26 PM

I've tried reaching TF many times and get NO reply whatsoever. I'm willing to take legal action, even if it costs me and I get nothing back in return.
drinkmorecoffee

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:53:30 PM

I contacted him at admin@glados.cc
TradeFortress does not respond to propositions he doesn't like. He doesn't give you a reason why.
I had to let him know that I would consider a proposal from him, and then he got back to me with an offer. (Long story short.)

Another person called it a "Pyrrhic victory", and I don't think I could put it any better than that. The question right now is, "How do I want to be screwed over?"

I think that had I waited longer there was a possibility that I could have received a higher proportion of my balance, and while I think there is no case to be made that TradeFortress has acted criminally, he has been demonstrably incompetent on several occasions, and so I decided to get out ASAP.

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the followup.  I'll try again.
gaston909

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:42:54 PM

I made an offer to him - I worked down until the value was so low... that it would ruin me for many many years to come and offered for him to propose something and he still didn't want to make a deal. What does that suggest to you all?
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:49:49 PM

I made an offer to him - I worked down until the value was so low... that it would ruin me for many many years to come and offered for him to propose something and he still didn't want to make a deal. What does that suggest to you all?

How many BTC did you had there?
gaston909

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:55:29 PM

Over 100.
bradyon

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:19:31 AM

Gaston909

Did he actually answer you? Seems like he ignored me. I want to believe he is doing his best to get everybody the lowest possible haircut but looks like feeling powerless is the only option available for us now.  Cry
nsd

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:01:50 AM

Gaston909

Did he actually answer you? Seems like he ignored me. I want to believe he is doing his best to get everybody the lowest possible haircut but looks like feeling powerless is the only option available for us now.  Cry

Indeed. All I want is some sort of dialogue.
DumbFruit (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:08:24 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 07:52:14 PM by DumbFruit

You have my deepest apologize for the following wall of text, but a lot of people have been asking me questions about this conversation, so without further ado, here it is;

Quote from: DumbFruit
11/16/13
To: admin@glados.cc
Hi Tradefortress,
could you answer a couple quick questions?

1.) When did you first notice that the hot wallet was empty?

2.) How and when did you first realize your Linode administrative account was reset?

3.) Could you post the password reset logs for your Linode administrative console, and tell Linode employees that they may verify them for whoever asks?

4.) Do you have, and could you post, the logs of what the hacker did while he was logged into the Linode administrative console?

5.) Were the logins from 101.0.79.18 into your Linode administrative console, that you posted, the only time the hacker accessed it?

Thank you!
[DumbFruit]

Quote from: TradeFortress
11/16/13
Hi [DumbFruit],

Oct 23th PST time (24th Aus time). A second hack occurred on the Oct 26th (the other 160 BTC).

The compromise was done through compromising multiple of my old email addresses in a chain (compromise one which was the recovery email for another), which led them to lailai625@hotmail.com which received emails forwarded from admin@glados.cc. The attacker was able to reset Linode and Apis networks passwords. Email forwarding was disabled on the 26th (PST, 27th Aus).

I've already posted login logs for Linode on bitcointalk, I've attached logins for apisnetworks which were also reset.

5: Yes, to linode manager. The attacker on the Oct 26th used Lish to skip linode manager and directly shell into the Linode, bypassing 2FA on the manager.

4: The incomplete logs were obtained through lish logview's buffer. The attacker installed mc (midnight commander) and used it to transfer files containing credentials via FTP to 0;15Hd@mastersearching.com:mercedes49@69.85.88.31. From the midnight commander view, the remote server also has another bit.php file not from Inputs. I speculate that this is taken from another service.

3: I do not see where I have access linode password reset logs. I've sent a support ticket to linode requesting such, and authorizing them to provide it to anyone who asks. Ticket ID 2560514

11/16/13

Thank you so much for answering my questions!

How did you find out the Linode Manager password reset if you couldn't access your email? The first time you tried logging in after the hacker you succeeded.

Also, how did the hacker gain access to Linode Manager if it had 2FA on it?

You absolutely need to press charges against the hacker. They would be able to subpoena that hosting provider and find out who was leasing that server, and they would be able to subpoena Mt.Gox to see if the hacker sent the coins there.

The server was American, and the transaction that moved the coins out of the hackers address also originated in the US.

Finally, could you please send signed data that includes what your users owe, how much you've paid out, and have you considered getting a loan to cover the remaining btc shortfall?

Thanks again,
[DumbFruit]

11/16/13

1. The attacker compromised lailai625@hotmail.com which had emails forwarded from admin@glados.cc
2. Linode staff has said the attacker can access lish via without 2FA, which grants them SSH access
3. That server is a compromised server.

11/16/13

How do you know the american server is compromised? Are they liable for the damage that was caused via their server?

I thought you said that the hacker only used lish the second time, that doesn't explain how he got access to the Linode Manager the first time, as shown in your logs, right?

If you don't want to give me any financial data I understand, are you working with anyone to help you help you oversee your operation?

[DumbFruit]

11/16/13

1. It's pretty obvious looking at the site.
2. 2FA wasn't enabled the first time.

11/16/13

Also, re password reset logs:

Support Ticket 2560514 regarding account 'gladoscc' has been updated by 'jstewart'

------------------------------
--------------------
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I'm querying our admins to see if it is possible to generate a password reset log.  I will let you know once I have an answer from them.

Regards,
James
--------------------------------------------------

Please use https://manager.linode.com/support/ticket/2560514 to respond to this ticket.

Thank you,
Linode.com

11/16/13

Thanks, that clears up alot.

Regarding the coins you owe me (DumbFruit), if you send me 500 bitcoins to me before the end of the day (17th Australian time) I would be willing to forgive the remaining 455btc.

With the ever increasing value of BTC, I think that seems reasonable.

I can send and receive btc an address I used to deposit into Inputs.io if you want me to prove it's me.

[DumbFruit]

11/16/13

Well, if you want to make a different offer, you know where I am.

Thank you for your answers,
[DumbFruit]

11/17/13

Hi [DumbFruit],

I can offer you 100% of the amount if we re-denominate the balance in USD from the date you deposited. This is valid for 24 hours.

11/17/13

It looks like it was around $102.00.
102/500=.204
955*.204=194

Make it an even 200 and we have an agreement. (Given the crazy fluctuations in price.)
[BTC address here.]
[DumbFruit]

11/17/13

Hi TradeFortress,
I’m concerned about your lack of response.
If you don’t like the numbers I used, then lets use the numbers that were accurate when you made the proposal. At 2:40am, Eastern Standard time, the price of btc was less than $470.00 each.
The moment I sent the btc to Inputs.io, the price was $103.00.

103/470 = 0.2191
0.2191*955= 209.28723404

You made the proposal at 11/17 at 2:40am East Standard time. It is currently 11/17, 9:50pm Eastern Standard time. Less than 24 hours, so I am within your deadline.

I accept your proposal exactly as you put it forward with no modifications. Please honor your word.
I’m sorry for being impatient, I know you have a lot on your plate.

Thank you,
[DumbFruit]

Price of btc when I deposited to Inputs.io;
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg2zczsg2013-8-10zeg2013-08-10ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv
Price of btc when you made the proposal;
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg2zczsg2013-11-16zeg2013-11-16ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv
My transaction into Inputs.io;

The address that you can send the btc to, that was used to deposit to Inputs.io;

11/17/13

Come on, you chose to do the transaction while the price was at a peak, long after I agreed to the transaction. You also chose the Mt.Gox exchange price which is the highest. That is completely unfair.

I specificially said "209.28723404" or "200".

[DumbFruit]

11/17/13

Hi [DumbFruit],

Our offer was "I can offer you 100% of the amount if we re-denominate the balance in USD from the date you deposited. This is valid for 24 hours." which we both agree to. Bitcoin is simply the method we use to transfer, so logically the amount would be based on when the transaction is made. (Same thing if you buy something priced in Euros with a USD credit card, not when you add something to the shopping cart).
The price of when you sent to Inputs.io was $103 (using mtgox)
The current spot price of BTCUSD on Mtgox is $564

103/564=0.1826
0.1826*955=174.383

Payment:
Please see the TXID 72c77cd3de9e34f0c4a1520fdba0ffab10354d5975ab99a54c1ff0c7084adac2

11/17/13

Hi,

If you do not wish for me to use mtgox, why would you use mtgox yourself?

11/17/13

It's not that you used Mt.Gox, it's that you did everything you could to cheat me out of 25btc, which is not what I agreed upon.
I trusted you for 955btc, and I'm willing to forgive 755btc, why are you now cheating me out of 25btc?

[DumbFruit]

12:08 AM

Don't do this, please send the other 25btc I specifically agreed to.

[DumbFruit]

12:19 AM

I'm willing to forgive a debt that is worth $422,800,
why are you cheating me out $14,000?

Please send another 25 btc to the address given.
[DumbFruit]

12:19 AM

Hi [DumbFruit],

If you do not agree please return the funds to the address it came from.

Best regards.

12:21 AM

I do not agree, but you owe me 955btc, so I'm not sending anything back. If you send me another 25btc, then the remaining debt is forgiven.

[DumbFruit]

12:25 AM

Hi [DumbFruit],

Please see the TXID 10d0a9e8d166267b3045b8d107b300cb722334cdb85f845eac9eba40b21cece1

I trust that this matter is settled.

Quote from:  DumbFruit
Yes, completely settled. You owe me nothing, and I wish you the best. I'm glad I can put this whole mess behind me and move on.

[DumbFruit]

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:09:33 AM

Gaston909

Indeed. All I want is some sort of dialogue.

Lack of response is essentially a dialog.  Let me translate.  It means basically: "Stick it up you ass."

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: