Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:33:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: how to manage losses?  (Read 26418 times)
aimman

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:46:41 PM

I have a hunch that I won’t manage to suggest anything that you haven’t already heard or read, but I’ll share my thoughts with you guys anyway  Grin
So, the first and the main rule on how to survive loses is right into your mind: make yourself understand that crypto is unstable and the price of each coin most certainly will go up and down and up again in different order. Then try to realize that if you didn’t sell when the price was on top, it doesn’t mean that you’ve lost anything yet. If you did panic selling when the price was down and after that it raised up again – this is when you may stress a little. But not too much either, and this is how to keep yourself from cry eyes out  Smiley – do not invest more than you can afford yourself too loose (financially and mentally).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Specialforce

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:54:45 PM

There can be a loy of ways to manage losses . You can either sell it to cut the losses  but if you did your research and to know what to do with it . Whenever you did your research you can know if it will go bavk to it natural price slowly but sure then suddenly goes up and you should hold that

party22

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:23:07 PM

how do you manage stress if you loss biggest amount because the value of.your token.is hitting down ..? in your opinion how diversify your investment in other alts to cope up your losses?
thanks in.advance..
Stress occurs when we look at the market, so of course to reduce it is to reduce the frequency of seeing the market.
ADEMNL

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:24:23 PM

It's hard to accept this, you need some time to recover. But you will have experience and you will know what to do next time.
Igor.J

Activity: 350

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:53:12 PM

You can not invest all your money in one coin, and best of all in a few, then the possibility of losing money is reduced, for example, in Altcoins, which are part of the perspective.

Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:55:33 PM

how do you manage stress if you loss biggest amount because the value of.your token.is hitting down ..? in your opinion how diversify your investment in other alts to cope up your losses?
thanks in.advance..
Well it is very important to diversify your investment so you reduce the risk of losing a lot if one token price is down, i can bear to lose 20% of my investment but i will sell it if it falls lower than that, that's why it is important to find a low entry point, this market condition is good if you want to average down or buy another coin because you'll have a low entry price.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:25:06 PM

thanks in.advance..
Well it is very important to diversify your investment so you reduce the risk of losing a lot if one token price is down, i can bear to lose 20% of my investment but i will sell it if it falls lower than that, that's why it is important to find a low entry point, this market condition is good if you want to average down or buy another coin because you'll have a low entry price.
Precisely! Losses are part of investment and so it's important to know how to find the best and effective strategy and to stick with it. Diversification is commonly use to help protect capital from the wild fluctuation of the market.
thetruth123123

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:11:03 PM

Try to invest only the ammount of money, that you wont regret in case of loss, in time this will increase
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:12:26 PM

thanks in.advance..

There's no way for you to manage losses but its not bad because you are gaining experience from it and from there you can become a very successful trader in the future.
benbars

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:19:04 PM

that's the benefit of diversifying your money to a lot of coins so you wouldn't just focus on a single coin and you'll get stressed waiting for it to pump, while the others are down you're still confident on making profit on the other altcoins.
victory.lil

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:24:08 PM

This is a whole art and I think that not everyone will understand how to do it right, because today only a person who has seen a lot in this risky place can afford it. But still, if you can do this, you can very well minimize further risks.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:56:56 PM

thanks in.advance..
Precisely! Losses are part of investment and so it's important to know how to find the best and effective strategy and to stick with it. Diversification is commonly use to help protect capital from the wild fluctuation of the market.
Being uninformed and having limited knowledge about investment aggravate the level of not only risks but also losses. Losses can bring disatisfaction and regret but it's up to us how we manage to face it positively through choosing wise methodologies like asset allocation or diversification. To manage looses may be hard so it's highly important to be emotionally stable to be able to think creatively and productively.
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:41:36 PM

thanks in.advance..

If the market loss the price you just need to hold it till it reaches the price you want.
if your holdings are down far, all you need to do is to grab more to hold. to balance down your loss.
bear market is really a great time to get more tokens or coins.
rlazdin0

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

#1: You need a reason before entering each trade
You should only start a new trade if you know exactly why you are starting it and you know exactly what you need to do afterward.

One of the things that many new traders tend to do is that they are so anxious for placing a trade that they end up placing it and losing a lot of money in the end. You need to remember that it is better to do nothing than to have a loss.

#2: Have a clear target and a clear stop loss
When you start any trade, you need to make sure that you have a clear target defined. But having a well-defined stop loss is even more important.

This is something that should be done as soon as you enter the trade. And the reason is very simple. Most traders tend to fall in love with a coin or with a trade. So, when they are losing, they just say “wait, it will turn back up”, and let it sank ignoring, many of the times, the stop loss they had established in the first place. However, when the trade is going in their favor, they just keep congratulating about it and don’t exit the trade on their initial target price. So, when the coin suddenly starts falling, they get very surprised and not even at this point they think about selling it. They just think that the coin will go back up there again.

The truth is that these traders aren’t trading; they are being taken over by their emotions. However, trading doesn’t need emotions; only reason and rationality. And you just can’t ignore discipline.

#3: Fear
Fear is one of the emotions that will try to attack you when you are trading. And this can happen when you are in a trade or when you don’t have any trade open at all. In this last case, you’ll be afraid of missing out a good opportunity.

One of the things that you’ll see when you’re trading coins is that suddenly, a huge green candle appears on your screen and it almost seems it is saying “you’re the only one who isn’t in”. However, don’t let this big green candle fool you, as it fools most of the little traders. The truth is that, usually, after such a big green candle comes an even larger red one. So, when you see one of these candles appear, just wait and see what happens. Don’t enter the trade.

#4: Risk management
When you want to be successful at trading, you need to be aware that a huge profit doesn’t mean you are already a professional trader and from now on, you’re only going to have profits. The truth is that the best traders in the world aim for small and consistent profits. They know this is the only way to success.

One thing to have in mind is that you should never invest a big part of your portfolio in a non-liquid market.

#5: The underlying asset creates volatile market conditions
One of the things that you definitely need to take into consideration is the fact that bitcoins are a volatile asset. Plus, Bitcoins and Altcoins have an inverse relationship in their value. For example, when the Bitcoin value is increasing, this means that Altcoins are losing their Bitcoin value, and vice-versa.

When you see that the Bitcoin is moving even more sharply than on a regular day, make sure that you stay out of the market. And this becomes even more important if you’re just starting to trade.

#6: Most Altcoins tend to lose their value over time
When you decide to enter an Altcoin trade for the medium or longer term, you need to make sure that you are fully aware that Altcoins tend to lose all their value over time.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:32:55 PM

thanks in.advance..

If the market loss the price you just need to hold it till it reaches the price you want.
if your holdings are down far, all you need to do is to grab more to hold. to balance down your loss.
bear market is really a great time to get more tokens or coins.

but the important things that we need to have is to not panic when the price still down and stay calm so we can analyze the price and maybe we can determine in what price we can buy more coins or tokens. I admitted that this is difficult but if we keep trying over and over, I am sure soon we can easy to find the good price to buy more.
smoker36

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:49:55 PM

The main thing is to have a strategy and an action plan in case of such problems. For the first time I succumbed to a strong panic. But it is important to understand - panic will not bring any benefit, it only aggravates the situation.
abanansah

Activity: 328

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:55:15 PM

I don't keep all my money on one coins,so when there is a big loss I don't feel it and become stressful all day because is part of trading. But the most thing to do to manage loss is to cut it short before it happens. When a trade goes bad, just quit and move to next coins.

itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:07:39 PM

The golden rule is and has always been, "only invest what you can afford to lose." That way, whatever happens you don't need to get stressed. Life is short and we really shouldn't worry about little things like shitcoins. Better to be safe and just invest in blue chips like bitcoin or ethereum.
Very short and informative post.I support completely.As my grandfather used to say, our life is a little walk before a big sleep.The most important rule is not to invest the last money you have.If you can not avoid this in any case, do not worry and look for other options and try again.Everything will turn out for sure
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:34:52 PM

thanks in.advance..

I look at every coin differently and also try to take in to account the bigger picture.
For example, in most cases, it is unrealistic to hope for all time high which where achieved when the whole market cap was 2,5 time bigger.

Also look at the roadmap and market cap of a particular project and make goals and offcourse diversify and do not day trade.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
islakevin

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 12:22:51 PM

Well for me i always put money in or cash in , i always buy at the dip even im in loss , Always hold your coin when it has good potential and always take profit when the bulls come and the profit reinvest or put in your loss. and do it again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: