Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin Beta ENDED - Asic/GPU/Human Merge Mine-able World  (Read 14514 times)
sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:49:44 PM

The altcoins that have tried 5 second blocks all failed.  I think you need to handle lag issues in a way that bitcion doesn't if you use 5 second blocks.  If it were up to me, I would have sub-second blocks and only allow users who have a latency that can support it.  Then you can actually have a severless RTS game.

BUT that would be a different project with distinct goals to that of huntercoin.  In a game like that the currency wouldn't be international even if there were a currency.

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:56:19 PM

The altcoins that have tried 5 second blocks all failed.  I think you need to handle lag issues in a way that bitcion doesn't if you use 5 second blocks.  If it were up to me, I would have sub-second blocks and only allow users who have a latency that can support it.  Then you can actually have a severless RTS game.

BUT that would be a different project with distinct goals to that of huntercoin.  In a game like that the currency wouldn't be international even if there were a currency.

i mean someone is mining heavily now
we will stick to 1 minute target

i see bitcoin megastore has a massive amount of coins on the map.. someone should intercept him

p.s. for me, the client is too slow when blocks come this fast.. i need an SSD + faster CPU Cheesy

renaxi

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:08:04 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 06:32:58 PM by renaxi

Can anyone tell me how i mine with BFGminer?

Btw it could be nice if someone could send me just some few coins so i could get started in the game Smiley
Address: hSGksjmmLvHTfhG1GpJKNceQhrY9YZhQ7i

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 06:42:21 PM

Can anyone tell me how i mine with BFGminer?

Btw it could be nice if someone could send me just some few coins so i could get started in the game Smiley
Address: hSGksjmmLvHTfhG1GpJKNceQhrY9YZhQ7i

Date: 15/11/2013 18:41
To: hSGksjmmLvHTfhG1GpJKNceQhrY9YZhQ7i
Debit: -50.00 HUC
Net amount: -50.00 HUC
Transaction ID: 52b8b06c82dc4be3c1f98a16c0d854e654b4375d9a4253f85a69f8c5a8834d08

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
renaxi

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:57:58 PM

Thank you BitcoinFX Smiley

sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 07:16:39 PM

A technical question.  Are the way points handled by the client, sending multiple moves each block or is that something that goes into the blockchain?

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:33:43 PM

Thank you BitcoinFX Smiley

Youre welcome.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
deodecagone

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:51:23 PM

Hi, I'd like to try the game, but I can't I need some coins to create the player. Do I have to mine first thing, I don't have any decent hardware for that, is cpu ok?

Or could someone send me the inital 0.0015 + 0.005 HUC .

Here is my HUC adress : hRjyvSV8o55p9GteqtVqPHCWMpXQgW9aBW
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:52:48 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 09:05:40 PM by BitcoinFX

A technical question.  Are the way points handled by the client, sending multiple moves each block or is that something that goes into the blockchain?

Seems that the waypoints are a destination and the player moves go into the blockchain each round until the target destination is reached.

I created about 100 yellow chars. and set them all moving at once from one wallet to see what would happen. The 1000's of transactions have crashed my client and corrupted my wallet.  Grin

I installed and synced a fresh wallet on a different machine and put some hash rate to it.

dns=1
dnsseed=1
discover=1
listen=1
addnode=80.229.2.127

Currently trying to re-sync my main game wallet on another PC after doing a -salvagewallet although the 3rd attempt just failed. Going to try downloading a fresh blockchain with a clean wallet and then replacing the wallet.

Having a different encrypted banking wallet is certainly a very good idea, as snailbrain has suggested.

After playing on one wallet for some time, its probably going to be necessary to cash-in and move funds to a new wallet to start playing again. Having thousands of transactions in one wallet increase load over time.

This is a great experiment though. Very cool.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:55:58 PM

Hi, I'd like to try the game, but I can't I need some coins to create the player. Do I have to mine first thing, I don't have any decent hardware for that, is cpu ok?

Sure. If I can get my wallet backup I'll send you some coins.

Might need to wait for my 100 chars. to reach there destination first though, if at all.  Undecided

I think the re-sync is failing because my client wallet is basically being spammed with transactions i.e. the player moves.

Everyone else able to sync-up and play OK still ?

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:26:22 PM

hi can someone send me a few coins so i can make a player on the game.

thanks in advance if you can.

hSSMtTip4iQBXkzD8GqZwc6S96M74svfNu

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:27:04 PM

Date: 15/11/2013 21:25
To: hRjyvSV8o55p9GteqtVqPHCWMpXQgW9aBW
Transaction ID: baaed13550648be89c91c898168990cec8d6a9f389118eeab8063e54e6c23b8b

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:28:24 PM

hi can someone send me a few coins so i can make a player on the game.

thanks in advance if you can.

hSSMtTip4iQBXkzD8GqZwc6S96M74svfNu

Date: 15/11/2013 21:27
To: hSSMtTip4iQBXkzD8GqZwc6S96M74svfNu
Transaction ID: 937ac214c3af10366e6487f5c0f66669f63d63d5af37141443f29fc922e7e5ad

Got my Wallet back up.  Smiley

renaxi

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:30:23 PM

Everyone else able to sync-up and play OK still ?

Im fine, playing with 2 guys on the yellow side.

deodecagone

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:32:18 PM

Date: 15/11/2013 21:25
To: hRjyvSV8o55p9GteqtVqPHCWMpXQgW9aBW
Transaction ID: baaed13550648be89c91c898168990cec8d6a9f389118eeab8063e54e6c23b8b

Received, thank you. Let's play !
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:43:57 PM

i see bitcoin megastore has a massive amount of coins on the map.. someone should intercept him

Someone just tried and ended up owned, dropping around 2800 coins. Thanks!

Anyway, if two characters are camping on some spot and coins are created on that same spot does game splits amount of coins in half?

Areas colored red on a map bellow are bugged, the bottom rows are missing coins. Small square areas are bugged as well but it seems
bug occurs at random, there are columns or rows missing on some of them.

Coins spawned outside of supposed spawn area, near green character spawn.

Client restart did not fixed missing / displaced coins.

that was me that you owned.. sick of cheaters in games.. jokin

Coins are split if they are on the same square or go to the same square

yes spotted those bugs.. although the same amount of coins are still generated in that area as the others (but could do with being fixed still)
is just the harvest area and obstacles need a little tweak.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:49:22 PM

A technical question.  Are the way points handled by the client, sending multiple moves each block or is that something that goes into the blockchain?

end waypoint is stored in client if not a straight line.. client auto does new waypointr transaction when each end of line is reached.. if that makes sense

___

for person who has millions of characters.. if you try to multiselect many and set waypoint you will need to wait a long time for transactions be be generated.. maybe we should limit 10 max (multi select) or something..

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:03:43 PM

end waypoint is stored in client if not a straight line.. client auto does new waypointr transaction when each end of line is reached.. if that makes sense

___

for person who has millions of characters.. if you try to multiselect many and set waypoint you will need to wait a long time for transactions be be generated.. maybe we should limit 10 max (multi select) or something..

Quite probably. I'm actually thinking that the map does not need to be this big. There should be more coin collection areas with a greater distribution of coins. More spawn points are also needed and perhaps the map can be more maze like if reduced in size too.

deodecagone

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:04:43 PM

Hi, I did play for a while, it is great and fun, I don't know if there were already such coins.
You probably have a someting here and I assume a lot of services could be developped around the game in a later step.

My 2 cents feedback on the game :

- the first charachter should be free, don't put any barrier to entry
- I would limit the number of char to one, I guess it would be more "addictive" if you have one char.
- If possible, making the block time/moves faster would be great.

- triple check the scalability of the game on the client
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:06:13 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 06:07:41 AM by snailbrain

___

Quite probably. I'm actually thinking that the map does not need to be this big. There should be more coin collection areas with a greater distribution of coins. More spawn points are also needed and perhaps the map can be more maze like if reduced in size too.

Maybe, i do think it needs to be hardwork/time to get to a harvest area, and get back, and protect them.. probably will need to protect a full area and shuttle players back and forth.
It needs to be hard work and time to get the coins ..  
we did think about mazes and also it would be possible to have it like one of the original maze/3d type RPG..
Dungeon Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VSVaJOemEU
Or Heroquest Style..

One of our favourite games which involved "harvesting" :
Dune II .. probably the game that made RTS as big as it is today.. (there was another game before it but it didn't have the same impact)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j7pTczOtck

Hi, I did play for a while, it is great and fun, I don't know if there were already such coins.
You probably have a someting here and I assume a lot of services could be developped around the game in a later step.

My 2 cents feedback on the game :

- the first charachter should be free, don't put any barrier to entry
- I would limit the number of char to one, I guess it would be more "addictive" if you have one char.
- If possible, making the block time/moves faster would be great.

- triple check the scalability of the game on the client

Thanks..
good points

everyone should remember.. we have made Huntercoin as mainly a learning experience/test..  scalability may (probably) not be good..
The full release will still be a test/experiment, although we will try our best to keep it alive.
blockchain etc is 200mb atm..

Coins should be way more scattered around. Ideally coin spawn points would be totally at random, to prevent camp BOTs from getting coins by
doing nothing (just sitting on one spot all the time) and to prevent massacre that is inevitable if coins spawn as close as now.

It would be nice to have some way of checking character destination point, e.g. click on some button while character is selected to scroll screen
to area character is heading. Way too often I find myself manually scrolling through half of the map just to check if coins my character will hopefully
pick are still there, not picked by some other player.

Originally there was a global coin spawn.. maybe we can add that back so people do more roaming and are spread out..
I think a lot of issues can be solved with self destruct.. also the game is supposed to be about controlling areas really.. maybe you need to join up with 4 people to keep control of 1 harvest area? (if it gets to that stage)

yep probably if it becomes popular and survives we can improve client with things like that..
doesn't help but you can use in console window
game_getplayerstate <playername>

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: