Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:43:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin Beta ENDED - Asic/GPU/Human Merge Mine-able World  (Read 14514 times)
metabyte

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:13:48 AM

This looks very interesting! Could somebody send me some starter coins so I can try it out? My addy is: hcu9uf715q36mThhvTrYzsRhKTVuCUqMJM
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:05:59 AM

Mac Lion + Binaries Compiled by MaxPower
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/h5f96sw56c196/HunterCoin

also
big thanks for those mining (supporting)

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:16:33 AM

hi can someone send me a few coins so i can make a player on the game.

thanks in advance if you can.

hSSMtTip4iQBXkzD8GqZwc6S96M74svfNu

Date: 15/11/2013 21:27
To: hSSMtTip4iQBXkzD8GqZwc6S96M74svfNu
Debit: -50.00 HUC
Net amount: -50.00 HUC
Transaction ID: 937ac214c3af10366e6487f5c0f66669f63d63d5af37141443f29fc922e7e5ad

Got my Wallet back up.  Smiley

thanks Smiley

sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 11:47:14 AM

Hi, I did play for a while, it is great and fun, I don't know if there were already such coins.
You probably have a someting here and I assume a lot of services could be developped around the game in a later step.

My 2 cents feedback on the game :

- the first charachter should be free, don't put any barrier to entry
- I would limit the number of char to one, I guess it would be more "addictive" if you have one char.
- If possible, making the block time/moves faster would be great.

- triple check the scalability of the game on the client

With blockchains there is no good way to distinguish 1 user running several clients from several users running a client each.  This point is in the Satoshi paper.  If you limit by IP you favor people who have multiple IPs and those behind NATs cannot play if someone else on their NAT is playing.  So, your first two ideas really cannot be done in a good way.  Yes, we could limit by IPs or bitcointalk accounts but then there are similar issues to IPs there.

The last idea speed, I would love to have too and scalability but there is a point where we have to sacrifice scalability for speed or vice versa. 

Some guy is throwing ASICs at the network and brings the time down to five seconds.  Later he can take it away and bring the game to a standstill and then later play everyone else has left the game.  I think the coin shouldn't use double SHA256 for mining because there is great disparity between users in how much speed one can compute double Sha256.      Maybe instead we can substitute SHA-3 or a difficulty that drops according to the age of the block.

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
sdp

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:14:26 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 01:42:34 PM by sdp

I am unable to open huntercoin. Sad   Is the network sick?

Edit: The client exits with status 1.  I will wrap the whole main line into a try statement and see if there is an exception being thrown.

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 02:44:17 PM

Edit: The client exits with status 1.  I will wrap the whole main line into a try statement and see if there is an exception being thrown.

Keep having the same issue. It's mostly related to the increasing size of wallet.dat

Back-up wallet.dat and delete everything except your huntercoin.conf

Re-download the blockchain - close the client and replace the blank wallet - re-start the client, maybe with -salvagewallet

Seems to work well for me. I'm trying to move all my chars. back to the spawn area to bank and send my coins to a fresh wallet to start again with just a few chars. Increasing wallet size from the 1000's of transactions from player movements is a major issue.

This is one reason why proof-of-stake might be a good idea for this coin, for those that can operate a dedicated banking / mining / savings wallet or node - in addition to a gaming wallet. However, it could also make the problem worse.

Maybe this would be better as a CPU only coin. I quite like the idea of limiting the number of mining threads in each client.

I still think that the map needs to be reduced in size with some coin generation areas that are more random. With a larger player base and lower 'human' based player rewards, this will actually make coins more difficult to gather ihmo.

@snailbrain - I have 1 character in my wallet with an error message when I try to move it. Something about the coins not being in my wallet. I'll clear my other players to spawn and transfer my balance to a new wallet, if you want to take a look at the wallet. Sadley I've cleared the debug logs.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
sdp

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 03:38:49 PM

After backing up and restoring from backups the older version of what I ahve it still didn't work.  So I restored the files and checked the log.  The port had already been bound.  In my case, I just had to reboot.  A Windows style fix

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:04:12 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 10:16:18 PM by snailbrain

Hi, I did play for a while, it is great and fun, I don't know if there were already such coins.
You probably have a someting here and I assume a lot of services could be developped around the game in a later step.

My 2 cents feedback on the game :

- the first charachter should be free, don't put any barrier to entry
- I would limit the number of char to one, I guess it would be more "addictive" if you have one char.
- If possible, making the block time/moves faster would be great.

- triple check the scalability of the game on the client

With blockchains there is no good way to distinguish 1 user running several clients from several users running a client each.  This point is in the Satoshi paper.  If you limit by IP you favor people who have multiple IPs and those behind NATs cannot play if someone else on their NAT is playing.  So, your first two ideas really cannot be done in a good way.  Yes, we could limit by IPs or bitcointalk accounts but then there are similar issues to IPs there.

The last idea speed, I would love to have too and scalability but there is a point where we have to sacrifice scalability for speed or vice versa.  

Some guy is throwing ASICs at the network and brings the time down to five seconds.  Later he can take it away and bring the game to a standstill and then later play everyone else has left the game.  I think the coin shouldn't use double SHA256 for mining because there is great disparity between users in how much speed one can compute double Sha256.      Maybe instead we can substitute SHA-3 or a difficulty that drops according to the age of the block.

We want to try to promote pools to merge mine it.. if we can't we'll have to think of something else

Edit: The client exits with status 1.  I will wrap the whole main line into a try statement and see if there is an exception being thrown.

Keep having the same issue. It's mostly related to the increasing size of wallet.dat

Back-up wallet.dat and delete everything except your huntercoin.conf

Re-download the blockchain - close the client and replace the blank wallet - re-start the client, maybe with -salvagewallet

Seems to work well for me. I'm trying to move all my chars. back to the spawn area to bank and send my coins to a fresh wallet to start again with just a few chars. Increasing wallet size from the 1000's of transactions from player movements is a major issue.

This is one reason why proof-of-stake might be a good idea for this coin, for those that can operate a dedicated banking / mining / savings wallet or node - in addition to a gaming wallet. However, it could also make the problem worse.

Maybe this would be better as a CPU only coin. I quite like the idea of limiting the number of mining threads in each client.

I still think that the map needs to be reduced in size with some coin generation areas that are more random. With a larger player base and lower 'human' based player rewards, this will actually make coins more difficult to gather ihmo.

@snailbrain - I have 1 character in my wallet with an error message when I try to move it. Something about the coins not being in my wallet. I'll clear my other players to spawn and transfer my balance to a new wallet, if you want to take a look at the wallet. Sadley I've cleared the debug logs.

How many characters do you have in total?

If you are sending 50+ players at a time with 1 waypoint, it may slow down considerably, then if you force close the client you may get a corrupted wallet.

It's best to create a wallet first, generate some addresses, and use these as reward addresses in a fresh wallet... just in case something goes wrong..

we shoudl maybe also limit the client to 20-30 or so characters, people can modify it at their own risk i guess?
Not sure what's wrong with that name, probably due to corrupted wallet, or the locked coin has been spent.. We have done a lot of testing and not experienced that.. maybe we just need to kill your character and see what happens Cheesy

have you done a -rescan

shouldn't need to redownload blockchain

EDIT: We may need to increase key pool size..

After backing up and restoring from backups the older version of what I ahve it still didn't work.  So I restored the files and checked the log.  The port had already been bound.  In my case, I just had to reboot.  A Windows style fix

not sure what could have caused that at this stage but we will look

any coders who are willing to contribute would be greatly appreciated.

also a note:

i've had the qt's running on ubuntu vps's, and not one has crashed since it started (cpu mining).. but.. these have not been messing with characters.

Juel

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:26:55 PM

Hi!

Can someone send me some coins to try the game?

hcFaFGuHz2VnmrrfGXiMk9fFPfqbMPz7pw

No errors compiling the huntercoin-qt all running ok.

but when i try to compile the huntercoind @ src i get this error

Code:
xxx@xxx:~/hunter/huntercoin/src$ make
g++ -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -D_MT -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL  -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -I../libs/openssl-1.0.1e/include -I../libs/db-4.7.25.NC/build_unix -I../libs/boost_1_50_0 -o huntercoind -L../libs/openssl-1.0.1e -L../libs/db-4.7.25.NC/build_unix -L../libs/boost_1_50_0/stage/lib obj/auxpow.o obj/util.o obj/key.o obj/script.o obj/db.o obj/walletdb.o obj/crypter.o obj/net.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/wallet.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/init.o obj/huntercoin.o obj/gamestate.o obj/gamemap.o obj/gamedb.o obj/gametx.o cryptopp/obj/sha.o cryptopp/obj/cpu.o -Wl,-Bstatic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l boost_chrono -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -Wl,-Bdynamic -l gthread-2.0 -l z -l dl -l pthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_chrono
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgthread-2.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [huntercoind] Error 1

MINING:

Im trying to mine using minerd and i get this error

Code:
xxx@linux:~/minerd$ ./minerd -a sha256d --url http://127.0.0.1:18399 --userpass xxx:xxx
2013-11-16 21:18:31] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2013-11-16 21:18:31] 2 miner threads started, using 'sha256d' algorithm.
[2013-11-16 21:18:31] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2013-11-16 21:18:31] HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error
[2013-11-16 21:18:31] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

No error 500 @ the browser

http://127.0.0.1:18399/
{"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}

What im doing wrong?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:24:21 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 11:00:13 PM by snailbrain

Hi!

Can someone send me some coins to try the game?

hcFaFGuHz2VnmrrfGXiMk9fFPfqbMPz7pw

No errors compiling the huntercoin-qt all running ok.

but when i try to compile the huntercoind @ src i get this error

Code:
xxx@xxx:~/hunter/huntercoin/src$ make
g++ -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -D_MT -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL  -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -I../libs/openssl-1.0.1e/include -I../libs/db-4.7.25.NC/build_unix -I../libs/boost_1_50_0 -o huntercoind -L../libs/openssl-1.0.1e -L../libs/db-4.7.25.NC/build_unix -L../libs/boost_1_50_0/stage/lib obj/auxpow.o obj/util.o obj/key.o obj/script.o obj/db.o obj/walletdb.o obj/crypter.o obj/net.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/wallet.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/init.o obj/huntercoin.o obj/gamestate.o obj/gamemap.o obj/gamedb.o obj/gametx.o cryptopp/obj/sha.o cryptopp/obj/cpu.o -Wl,-Bstatic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l boost_chrono -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -Wl,-Bdynamic -l gthread-2.0 -l z -l dl -l pthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_chrono
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgthread-2.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [huntercoind] Error 1

MINING:

Im trying to mine using minerd and i get this error

Code:
xxx@linux:~/minerd$ ./minerd -a sha256d --url http://127.0.0.1:18399 --userpass xxx:xxx
2013-11-16 21:18:31] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2013-11-16 21:18:31] 2 miner threads started, using 'sha256d' algorithm.
[2013-11-16 21:18:31] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2013-11-16 21:18:31] HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error
[2013-11-16 21:18:31] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

No error 500 @ the browser

http://127.0.0.1:18399/
{"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}

What im doing wrong?

sent some coins..

will look into compile error, i think maybe is boost version but not sure atm (will find out)

with the mining (with qt), did you put the -server option? also cpu mining is pointless atm
but you can run in console window:
setgenerate true

sdp

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 03:20:57 AM

juel will probably need to update boost and  the threads library.  If in /usr/local instead of /usr, the most easy way I know is to modify the Makefile to include these paths.

Juel

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:43:21 AM

Sorted!

Ubuntu 12.04 uses libboost1.46-dev

Code:
xx@xxx:~/$ dpkg --get-selections | grep boost1
libboost1.46-dev install

Solution:
http://particlephysicsandcode.wordpress.com/2013/03/11/installing-boost-1-52-ubuntu-12-04-fedora/

Download Boost from http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/, compile and install Wink

Tks for the coins and help!
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:44:57 PM

who is mining? and are you merge mining and have you had any problems?
what software/hardware are you using?

seems stable whomever it is..

We are working on some improvements for scalability and blockchain size
Should hopefully be magnitudes better

Banthex

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:04:46 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 11:16:28 PM by Banthex

How do i get the first Hunter coins to create my character?

Would be nice if someone could send me a few coins at start hHDgjTeeKyTxKamBs6sMqRy8kHkqmwX3ff .

Thanks in advance!
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:26:26 AM

How do i get the first Hunter coins to create my character?

Would be nice if someone could send me a few coins at start hHDgjTeeKyTxKamBs6sMqRy8kHkqmwX3ff .

Thanks in advance!

sent

glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:43:13 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 03:57:30 AM by glongsword

Can I get some starter coins?

hHzN8LiAgsyANTbrXUs42ZNwLgcmkYhS65

Thanks.

Why is there a fee to make a character?  I think that will limit adoption, since only people who already know how to mine will be able to even start playing.

Perhaps make the first .15 +.05 a character picks up not count, and if they die before picking anything up, they have to pick up .3 + .1 next round before they get any money?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:59:49 AM

Can I get some starter coins?

hHzN8LiAgsyANTbrXUs42ZNwLgcmkYhS65

Thanks.

Why is there a fee to make a character?  I think that will limit adaptation, since only people who already know how to mine will be able to even start playing.

Perhaps make the first .15 +.05 a character picks up not count, and if they die before picking anything up, they have to pick up .3 + .1 next round before they get any money?

sent

people will need to buy hucs, or use a faucet/giveaway

glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:11:41 AM

sent

people will need to buy hucs, or use a faucet/giveaway

Cool, thanks.  I'm enjoying the game, but the pacing is slow.  Would it be possible to implement a movement queue?  It looks like you can line up a long movement over multiple transactions, but I'm not sure how to design any sort of path.  Maybe even rudimentary AI would be useful (if you get x steps away from something that can kill you you can choose a few options based on health, etc.).  Perhaps there could be fees to use the AI or queue.

Actually, I'm not sure how you can die?  Are there going to be monsters?  Or are other players able to kill?
Banthex

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:50:27 AM

Thats nice thank you a lot Cheesy
jackyrozario

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:17:29 PM

The difficulty is still 10000 Shocked