Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:17:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368065 times)
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:25:11 PM

im starting to suspect hashnest and their promotion of a scam. 2 days and i havent recieved any free hashes . im starting to suspect its just a way to manipulate people into checking their site out since one of hasnest demands is to make a account there. is hashnest starting business with a scam right in bitmains thread? i havent recieved nothing and if you look around theres more people complaining about the same thing. bitmain can you clarify this issue please? is there anyone who got hashes from hashnest ? come forward and speak .

I'm not sure it's a scam.  But it's certainly not a good idea to "invest" into.  It'd be the same as me telling folks to sent me 1.6 BTC, and over the course of the next year and I'll slowly send most, but not all, of it back to you.

M

+1

+1

I really do not see the logic/benefit in providing that service, are we missing something?

I'm guessing they have this giant farm that they used to mine for themselves.  But hey BTC isn't as profitable as it used to be.  So why not open a "cloud mining" solution that charges more than what we can earn in BTC mining ourselves?  If nobody buys no big deal because the equipment is still mining for ourselves.  If people buy fantastic!  We charge them a little bit more than what we can make mining ourselves so either way win win!

I suspect at least some users are buying to resell to someone less informed.  ie, the money is on the trading, not on the mining.

M

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
marklyon

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

It appears they got around to giving away free hash.  They literally meant a free hash.

My account went from 100.0 UMISOO to 101.0.
GWilkiejr

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

BITMAIN,

Everyone here loves your gear. We want more information on the S4 and S2 upgrade dates.  Your competition is pulling customers away from you because you are not giving us any info.  This business moves crazy fast and as miners if we don't order hardware we get left behind. Please let us know when you will be offering the S4 and S2 upgrade kits so we can plan accordingly rather than go out and buy other companies products.  Thank you.

-Gerald
cat2

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:11:36 PM

Is it possible to buy 1 antminer S1 upgrade kit?
Same question for S3?
Now that S3 are sold out.
Should we order? When will the next ship date be?

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3971

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:35:54 PM

BITMAIN,

Everyone here loves your gear. We want more information on the S4 and S2 upgrade dates.  Your competition is pulling customers away from you because you are not giving us any info.  This business moves crazy fast and as miners if we don't order hardware we get left behind. Please let us know when you will be offering the S4 and S2 upgrade kits so we can plan accordingly rather than go out and buy other companies products.  Thank you.

-Gerald

yep, what's up with S4? S2 updates too.
Wasn't there supposed to be an update on this yesterday?
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:04:29 PM

BITMAIN,

-Gerald

yep, what's up with S4? S2 updates too.
Wasn't there supposed to be an update on this yesterday?

And what's with the pre-orders on S3s?  That's why I haven't bought one yet from them...

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:12:04 PM

And this, seeing as it's "gripe time" for Bitmain today........ Wink

I don't have the build environment to create a full binary image, and the code will need a LOT of work to actually become part of mainline cgminer it seems, but for the time being here is a link to a bugfixed binary of cgminer 4.6.0 for the S3 based on the bitmain code. Copy the file into /usr/bin/ on the S3 overwriting the existing one:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s3/4.6.0-140908/cgminer

@ ckolivas: You my good man, are a LEGEND! I'll be sending a small donation shortly - excellent work & many, many thanks  Smiley

It's amazing to think that it took you less than 5 hours to produce something that Bitmain failed to do after promising to do so over 3 weeks ago...... Huh Anyone who uses this, please consider giving ckolivas a small donation for helping secure your S3's from security risks, improving their performance & ensuring your hash power goes where it's supposed to go.

@ Bitmain: Please upload updated firmware releases for both S2 & S3 units that incorporate the latest cgminer as you said you would. Not everyone of your users has the technical know-how to install ckolivas's latest work, a firmware update image is much more user friendly and will enable everyone to benefit from the latest cgminer security fixes & performance improvements.

Thanks, in anticipation...... Wink

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:30:01 PM

I don't have the build environment to create a full binary image, and the code will need a LOT of work to actually become part of mainline cgminer it seems, but for the time being here is a link to a bugfixed binary of cgminer 4.6.0 for the S3 based on the bitmain code. Copy the file into /usr/bin/ on the S3 overwriting the existing one:

@ ckolivas: You my good man, are a LEGEND! I'll be sending a small donation shortly - excellent work & many, many thanks  Smiley

It's amazing to think that it took you less than 5 hours to produce something that Bitmain failed to do after promising to do so over 3 weeks ago...... Huh Anyone who uses this, please consider giving ckolivas a small donation for helping secure your S3's from security risks, improving their performance & ensuring your hash power goes where it's supposed to go.

@ Bitmain: Please upload updated firmware releases for both S2 & S3 units that incorporate the latest cgminer as you said you would. Not everyone of your users has the technical know-how to install ckolivas's latest work, a firmware update image is much more user friendly and will enable everyone to benefit from the latest cgminer security fixes & performance improvements.

Besides security, what performance or efficiency gains will I get from this cgminer update?

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
jfederkins

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:35:50 PM

Any word on Batch 8 shipping?

Someone on eBay claims to be selling S3's they received from batch 8.

adqsonline

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:08:58 PM

@ ckolivas: You my good man, are a LEGEND! I'll be sending a small donation shortly - excellent work & many, many thanks  Smiley

Which part of S3 screen i find the place to replace the file? Software folder? Is just download a copy and rebbot the system? thanks in  advanced.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:59:14 AM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss your concerns in the thread.]

CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:18:14 AM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss your concerns in the thread.]

Well I have multiple concerns about the rating you gave Bitmain.

Not for their benefit either.

1. They never returned any of my coins and do not even have an Antminer S1 available anymore for me to purchase. They also do not reply at all when I ask about it and refuse to give my coins back when I give them an address to send back to , post the transaction ids and details about my 3 orders.

This all stems back to when I originally tried to secure 3 Orders of Antminer S1s that I was going to purchase 1 for myself , 1 for abbeytim and 1 for GTRsdk.

Less then a month after the Antminer S1 was up for sale the Gridseeds starting coming out and after 2 Months they were fully out and A LOT more profitable then the Antminer S1.

I had sent roughly a total of 0.1 Bitcoin split among the 3 orders and as much as it's not alot of Bitcoin it's about the lack of communication , lack of repayment , lack of even looking at my order , lack of customer service and lack of caring at all on the part of Bitmain Tech.

So to say they have good Communication is bad. The lack of Communication I consider is terrible Communication.

To say they refund orders is a complete lie I have never once seen them refund an order ever.

2. The next concern I have is about their ethics and quality of the miners. They do not have good ethics because they premine constantly on your hardware to the extend of them being a completely over-used almost dead unit when it arrives. This has been proven many times that they do in fact do this and that they do it more often then other companies. This is proof the company does not care about you as a Customer nor do they care if your unit dies or does not meet ROI. They also get ROI numbers from when your Overclock the Unit. If you Overclock the Unit you lose any RMA you could ever get again and Bitmain Tech as a company is telling you to Overclock simply for the fact they want you to break your unit and not be able to replace it.

3. My final concern is about the Pre-Orders. They went from being a company that was against taking Pre-Orders and wanting to sell their products as they had them to being a Company that has moved everything to the Cloud and just wants to sell out fast not caring if anyone can reach ROI (which they can't).

Overall I really dislike Bitmain Tech for the way they handle things , I dislike their ethics and I dislike the fact they don't seem to care about me as a Customer.

jcumins

Activity: 312

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

Smiley

I am extremely happy with Bitmain Tech.  There  support is excellent, they have local us support staff and management that can make decisions.  I would give them a call. 

I have 7 S-1 and 5 s-2 and each and ever issue i have had they have taken care of quickly and professionally.

I would Google search Bitmain Tech Denver Colorado  that 800 number is answered and things get taken care of.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Just ordered 7 S-3+ upgrades and Waiting for the details on the S-4 upgrades when ever they come out.

I have complete ROI in less then 4 months.

sly5am

Activity: 582

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:51:15 PM

Bitmaintech hardware is rock solid. I did have a problem with 1 hashing board when they were selling S1's I simply sent it back using a ups account they supplied. round trip was about 4 weeks later, which I fully understood, and it ended up costing me 17 dollars in duty to have the hash board replaced and returned. I have not had a problem in the 4 months since with any equipment they have sent me.

Rock solid, much more than I can say for some NA companys that cheated me on pre orders   BFL cough****

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:41:49 PM

I had to get a replacement power board and hashing board for my S2.  After much going back and forth they ended up sending me 3 power boards (one from China, two from Colorado) and 2 hashing boards.  They don't seem to be completely coordinated, but they do honor their warranties.  Eventually.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:44:39 AM

Thanks for posting this!

command to copy this and replace goes like this in case you have a linux box where you downloaded this cgminer:
ssh yourant.ip -l root
scp username@192.168.x.x:/home/username/Downloads/cgminer /usr/bin/

/etc/init.d/cgminer restart    you may have to do this twice or simply write reboot and hit enter

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:08:16 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 10:24:29 AM by BITMAIN

Hi CrazyRabbi,

We have no comments before looking into your case, it is better you PM us your order ID and tracking number to double check.
It is no possible that we didn't process refund if we agree to a reasonable request.
Miners must be shipped out if we didn't accept the request of refund.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:31:15 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 10:46:57 AM by PatMan

I had to get a replacement power board and hashing board for my S2.  After much going back and forth they ended up sending me 3 power boards (one from China, two from Colorado) and 2 hashing boards.  They don't seem to be completely coordinated, but they do honor their warranties.  Eventually.

M

Tim Shao was very helpful at first when I contacted Bitmain about my S2 problems, I received a replacement controller board from Bitmain - but it turns out that the problem is with the base plate that the hashing boards slot into, and Bitmain tell me that they don't have any - despite having hundreds of them at their mining farm. I even offered to buy one from them, but Tim has failed to respond to my request since 5 days ago - so I'm stuck with a S2 that I can't mine with and can't sell either  Sad

So, if anyone here has a S2 base plate spare, I'd be interested to hear from them - I'm in the EU with BTC waiting.....

Peace  Wink

Edit: Updated firmware that's p2pool friendly would be nice too......... Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
adqsonline

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:31:47 AM

Hi CrazyRabbi,

We have no comments before looking into your case, it is better you PM us your order ID and tracking number to double check.
It is no possible that we didn't process refund if we agree to a reasonable request.
Miners must be shipped out if we didn't accept the request of refund.

Just to confirm: Are you already shipping S3 - Batch 8? Thanks.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:39:40 AM

I had to get a replacement power board and hashing board for my S2.  After much going back and forth they ended up sending me 3 power boards (one from China, two from Colorado) and 2 hashing boards.  They don't seem to be completely coordinated, but they do honor their warranties.  Eventually.

M

Tim Shao was very helpful at first when I contacted Bitmain about my S2 problems, I received a replacement controller board from Bitmain - but it turns out that the problem is with the base plate that the hashing boards slot into, and Bitmain tell me that they don't have any - despite having hundreds of them at their mining farm. I even offered to buy one from them, but Tim has failed to respond to my request since 5 days ago - so I'm stuck with a S2 that I can't mine with and can't sell either  Sad

So, if anyone here has a S2 base plate spare, I'd be interested to hear from them - I'm in the EU with BTC waiting.....

Peace  Wink
Sorry to hear that. Keep at them, hopefully they will get to your request soon. They sold me a replacement S2 controller board when I asked them to, although I had to convince them a bit. Hopefully they will do the same with the base plate.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: