Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] paccoin a new SHA256D coin is being introduced  (Read 136449 times)
mybuddylucifer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:04:44 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 05:29:35 AM by mybuddylucifer

I totally posted badcode I just noticed, typing too fast, sorry:

Code:
if (pindexNew->bnChainTrust > bnBestChainTrust && pindexNew->nHeight > nBestHeight)

Wanted to fix before anyone tried to discredit for b/s reasons.

I'm not familiar with the crypto tech, does this mean that who has the highest pile of coins gets the staking power? IE., large holder gain pos coins and such coins over write those pos of smaller coins owners?
adiebitsler

Activity: 1106
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:07:37 AM

paccoin still doing the update continues, so do not worry too much with this coin save it until the results are satisfactory to sell Smiley

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:10:43 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 11:51:54 AM by DOGEbubble

Code:
if (pindexNew->bnChainTrust > bnBestChainTrust && pindexNew->nHeight > nBestHeight)

I'm not familiar with the crypto tech, does this mean that who has the highest pile of coins gets the staking power? IE., large holder gain pos coins and such coins over write those pos of smaller coins owners?

Very likely, a large holder will get the next 1-3 block rewards corresponding to the large chunks of ( and higher-weighted) coins assigned for the POS, immediately after he/she starts staking (minting), but once rewarded, the large portions of coins will no longer be eligible for staking until next time of days or weeks of holding periord for that portion of coins to be used again. There should be less input for staking as time passed, to the point that if you (" with the other wallet") just start staking at that point, you might have a higher staking weight to get the next block.

It is a matter of chance; therefore, your chance of getting rewards immediately starting staking is much, much lower, but even if both start at the same time, there might be a time say one hour later, the one having only, say 1/10 of total coin balance of the other wallet client, would have almost the same amount of coin weight to get the next reward which you are supposed to get anyway.

It might takes longer if there are many, many higher coin-weight wallet starting the staking during the time you are in.

As you can see, the one with extremely small amount of coin might not get a reward for quite a few months but by the time, you would have much higher amount of holding-time and staking power.  Cheesy

Buffalo2222

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:34:58 AM

Hello,

I encrypted my wallet, how can I decrypt it?

There is no function for it?

Thank you
mybuddylucifer

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:37:30 AM

Code:

Very likely, a large holder will get the next 1-3 block rewards corresponding to the large chunks of ( and higher-weighted) coins assigned for the POS, immediately after he/she starts staking (minting), but once rewarded, the large portions of coins will no longer be eligible for staking until next time of days or weeks of holding periord for that portion of coins to be used again. There should be less input for staking as time passed, to the point that if you (" with the other wallet") just start staking at that point, you might have a higher staking weight to get the next block.

It is a matter of chance; therefore, your chance of getting rewards immediately starting staking is much, much lower, but even if both start at the same time, there might be a time say one hour later, the one having only, say 1/10 of total coin balance of the other wallet client, would have almost the same amount of coin weight to get the next reward which you are supposed to get anyway.

It might takes longer if there are many, many higher coin-weight wallet starting the staking during the time you are in.

As you can see, the one with extremely small amount of coin most not get a reward for quite a few months but by the time, you would have much higher amount of holding-time and staking power.  Cheesy

If I understand correctly, that people with big pile will have lower coins/wattage (which is fair per POS), but is the main concern like this?
1. Smaller miner starts at height 1000, he's digging away
2. Big miner finds the block at 1000 and 1001
3. Smaller miner is now mining 1001, which has been mined by the big miner
4. So the smaller miner is always doing catch up

My apologies for not being a smart person...
kondou

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:55:50 AM

found another voting

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

https://mercatox.com/coins/list?name=pac&_url=%2Fcoins%2Flist&page=3&per-page=30
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 09:57:26 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 11:55:29 AM by DOGEbubble

Code:

As you can see, the one with extremely small amount of coin edit most might not get a reward for quite a few months but by the time, you would have much higher amount of holding-time and staking power.  Cheesy

If I understand correctly, that people with big pile will have lower coins/wattage (which is fair per POS), but is the main concern like this?

I think that's the exact reason of having master nodes and the fork ( in addition to the requirement of having to infuse capitals to buy and hold 2 Billion Pac, close to 20 BTC.)  Cheesy

tousika

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:37:55 AM

Pacoins are not upside-up Price
oleksii777

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:17:20 PM

Tell me how will the old coins be exchanged for new ones. Will there be a mobile version of the wallet? On the computer is a very heavy purse. I hope the developers will release an updated version of the wallet.
i8aPie

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:31:00 PM

Code:

As you can see, the one with extremely small amount of coin most not get a reward for quite a few months but by the time, you would have much higher amount of holding-time and staking power.  Cheesy

I think its worse than this.  I will start with I'm not a Dev, but what they are talking about appears to be visible in the explorer.

I think it appears that large Coin holders are overwriting MANY blocks.  Not allowing many mined/staked coins to count.  I once noticed my stake sometimes appears then disappears with a "generated but not accepted" flag.  I assume this may have been what was happening.

I think you can see it in the Explorer..
http://paccoinexplorer.com/

Just look at the blocks in order. At some point they get a posted block that is earlier than the previous. If the block with the older Block Number is Confirmed to the chain the chain loses ALL blocks that were after that block and already posted to the chain. 

Example, I just scrolled down the last 300 blocks..  Check these out..

2625860 came before 2625810.  Because the 2625810 was posted by a large coin holder it RESET the chain to that point.  Consequently dropping ALL blocks from the previous 2625810-2625860.

Here are the recorded blocks:

This one is the last of the orig 2625810-2625860 chain (and now block is not confirmed)
http://paccoinexplorer.com/block/000000000028c00c9e96d42aaaaad7396054f382ca29f2051fd912bc738e09be

Then 2625810 comes along and RESETS the chain back 50 BLOCKS... 
http://paccoinexplorer.com/block/e6122643109608381a8486d0fac2af9b0fbeb8212020f411dddd1a009bdedede

Seems those blocks are then lost..

Like I said, I'm no dev.  But this does appear to be a pretty big issue. 

A chain that changes isn't really a chain?
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:35:01 PM

Thanks a million for the help, its working for me, just couple of more questions.

Do i need to leave my computer on all the time for the mining?

How to do backup for my wallet, what happen if my computer broke or window get corrupted.

Thanks

please check the office FAQ site: https://paccoin.net/paccoin-pos-faqs

This image file would show answers (#6) to you questions. Note that Red color words are my interpretations; not "official" release.  Grin

Cheesy

breakcrypto

Activity: 74
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:43:45 PM

Code:

I think its worse than this.  I will start with I'm not a Dev, but what they are talking about appears to be visible in the explorer.

I think it appears that large Coin holders are overwriting MANY blocks.  Not allowing many mined/staked coins to count.  I once noticed my stake sometimes appears then disappears with a "generated but not accepted" flag.  I assume this may have been what was happening.

I think you can see it in the Explorer..
http://paccoinexplorer.com/

Just look at the blocks in order. At some point they get a posted block that is earlier than the previous. If the block with the older Block Number is Confirmed to the chain the chain loses ALL blocks that were after that block and already posted to the chain. 

Example, I just scrolled down the last 300 blocks..  Check these out..

2625860 came before 2625810.  Because the 2625810 was posted by a large coin holder it RESET the chain to that point.  Consequently dropping ALL blocks from the previous 2625810-2625860.

Here are the recorded blocks:

This one is the last of the orig 2625810-2625860 chain (and now block is not confirmed)
http://paccoinexplorer.com/block/000000000028c00c9e96d42aaaaad7396054f382ca29f2051fd912bc738e09be

Then 2625810 comes along and RESETS the chain back 50 BLOCKS... 
http://paccoinexplorer.com/block/e6122643109608381a8486d0fac2af9b0fbeb8212020f411dddd1a009bdedede

Seems those blocks are then lost..

Like I said, I'm no dev.  But this does appear to be a pretty big issue. 

A chain that changes isn't really a chain?

TL;DR: This wallet has some major flaws and needs a hark fork to correct them.

^ This is exactly right and the problem I was explaining -- the chain is constantly forking which is a huge problem. The forks are caused by a flaw in the SetBestChain logic. PoS blocks of a lower height (aka. blocks that should be less trustworthy and rejected) are being accepted as valid and erasing valid PoW, PoS, and transactions. The net effect is that work is being lost / wasted while older PoS account are benefiting from a reduced coin supply and the ability to wipe out, in some cases, hours or work by other miners. Worse, transactions are being lost into the void. If you scan the block chain manually you can find plenty of transactions that were sent on one chain, then overwritten, and are currently sitting in the chain with 0 confirms despite being valid transactions because they were eaten on a fork. I've seen some for well over a million PAC get lost to the void -- which is a MASSIVE problem.

Compounding the issue is another flaw in the wallet which won't let you recoup those TX I noticed (I've been experimenting for a few days with it). Anyway, I'll post a change set to the two repositories on github and if it's not accepted I'll post a hard fork here for anyone who doesn't want their transactions, stake, and work subject to being overwritten and lost.

Hopefully I can get that submitted today, trying to wrap up some other work first.
mybuddylucifer

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:30:35 PM

In that case i'm glad none of my transfer got lost in the void...

Scary stuff
tousika

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:46:09 PM

I want you to respond properly with a horrible formula that seems to be lost
mybuddylucifer

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:52:47 PM

Could you elaborate?
wilej

Activity: 4
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:58:07 PM

Did someone steal my coins mined since yesterday?  Sad
They where confirmed in my wallet and then suddenly they where gone.
http://paccoinexplorer.com/address/AmxaG6CpFUQZVCSagZJjzhM83YRQA4Ekoc
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:59:46 PM

If you're asking for a TX that got lost, here's one:

http://paccoinexplorer.com/tx/4e87df90dd266cc5a16157391c249d095079ff4df387e9e309c88ec6e3a50935

Notice that the confirmations for the TX are positive but the block:

http://paccoinexplorer.com/block/00000000004f5e7c967228957e3b790cea178c4a7fb3d95938a3a0ed414fbef0

is 0 confirmations -- because the chain was overwritten by a PoS block with a lower height mined later.

Type: gettransaction 4e87df90dd266cc5a16157391c249d095079ff4df387e9e309c88ec6e3a50935 into the wallet and check the confirmations, it'll show 0.

That was 68,000 pac someone tried to transfer that is sitting lost in the void. It was valid and confirmed and then 'erased' but because the chain is messed up the TX will sit with 0 confirms because it was pooled from the shared mempool never to be picked up and confirmed again.

That's what is happening all over the chain write now. Clearly documented on the explorer.
i8aPie

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:08:33 PM

Yeah, I think the chain reset over them.  It's what we were discussing:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=331394.msg28186144#msg28186144
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:08:40 PM

Read back a few pages, I explain what is happening to your blocks -- the chain is constantly forking due to a bug in the PoS logic and the way the SetBestChain logic is working.
LEILO

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:21:34 PM

Hey Dev, why don't you open a PAC/USDT market on Cryptopia? There's one on Yobit. I guarantee that if you do, those waiting for the doge & litecoin markets to reopen will go to the USDT markets in the meantime and volumes & price will increase again to former levels or higher.

USDT is a awesome idea. I think he is coming out with some news this week...
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: