Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:35:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] paccoin a new SHA256D coin is being introduced  (Read 136451 times)
breakcrypto

Activity: 74
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:58:30 PM

I posted a pull request:

https://github.com/wmcorless/paccoin/pull/12

You can see the code changes. If it's not accepted in a few hours, I can compile the client and post if people want.

Do you think the devs want to patch the forking issue? Have you heard anything?

I ran a test with the proposed solution. It doesn't appear to help but hurt the network. The proper procedure is to orphan a chain the network rejects. This is part of the consensus building of the network. The proposed solution eliminates this, and actually accepts forks. The end result is unlimited forks and eventual breaking of the coin.
The code works as is.

Bill, no offense, but you are wrong on that point. The code does not "work" as is. The chain is forking at a near constant rate right now -- the "lead" chain just happens to be the one with the highest trust value. The fix simply makes the nodes reject any "fork" that reverts the height -- which is exactly how it should behave.

Either way, the chain is largely functional for anyone who isn't mining. The vast majority of blocks overwritten are the PoW blocks. I've found several other bugs in the client (errors in the TX generation, errors in TX version checks, wallet corruption issues, locking issues, etc.). I've tried to stamp a few out locally but it's rather unstable. I've had a miner running for 4+ days now and the majority of the mined blocks get erased and the wallet corrupts within 30 minutes or so and then needs to be restored.

The coin needs a massive overhaul to make it stable. My fix works to stop the rewinds but fixing the rest of the issues is likely outside my timeframe. $PAC offered me a slot on their team and I think I have to agree with expos that working on a new base is probably more beneficial for everyone at this rate. PAC is good for anyone staking but it's bad right now for anyone trying to mine it or send a lot of TX while someone is mining. I've, personally, got several TX stuck in no man's land as a result of the rewinds and overwritten blocks, I'm sure others do to.
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:17:31 PM

Does this coin have a future?

From what I can tell, the coin is functioning for the most part. The rewind issues are seriously troubling, yes, but the vast, vast majority of TXes go through and are confirmed even if blocks are overwritten because the mempool is picked up somewhere else (from what I can tell so far). So, you can move your coins with relative confidence right now.

That said, I suspect the new code base will be more stable. PAC was a stellar achievement when it came out, on the forefront of PoS, fast TX times, etc. It, sadly, died out in 2014 and just hasn't been maintained in a long time. There's several bug fixes in BTC core that it hasn't incorporated and the PoS feature is causing all these forking issues due to logic and timing errors.
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:43:26 PM

Not mine apparently and I just tried to transfer over 31 million PAC. Another 21 million stuck on an exchange. Buy order volumes have gone so far down that they'll never reach me. So I suggest everyone to cut their losses and sell PAC for doge, USD, or litecoin if you can. These people are not interested in fixing the blockchain problem. They're just dismissing the problem as no big deal. 55 MILLION PAC GONE IS A BIG DEAL TO ME!  Angry

Plus, #1 wallet on block explorer has been constently dumping, not a single buy and you know what that means.

Also, this coin has been out for 3 years and not a single whitepaper this whole time. Not a single one.

This coin has all the marks of a scam. So face the music everyone and get out while you can!

Also, I've taken the liberty of requesting Cryptopia to delist your sorry asses immedietely.

Can you post the TX number? Or a link to the TX on the explorer? If you can locate it, it may show. As the chains are forking, the TX go negative and then start confirming, it's rather odd.

And the old coin has issues, no doubt, but the new coin is in the works with an entirely new code base. I submitted a patch to the old coin but it looks like it'll be rejected, so I'm assisting the new team with the new coin now.
D_M_G

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:56:38 PM

Hi ALL,

from where i can buy some pac?
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:06:17 PM

Without any different value proposition, this coin has no future. Let's see.

Dont know, why would people buy this coin?

Well I disagree, Paccoin has been and will be the best coin.

1. It has very fast transfer rate from user to user. You wouldn't know it with some of the exchanges, but that's because they don't make those coins available to you for whatever reasons. (I am currently building PACEXC.com which is short for Pac Exchange. This site is not yet fully online, but to run a test, to see how fast sending paccoin is. set up an account there and send yourself one paccoin, you will be amazed at how fast it shows up in your wallet.)

2. Paccoin pays the best rewards. No other coin pays in proof of stake like Paccoin. I have heard criticisms that with paccoin "the rich get richer" well let me tell you this. Paccoin supports free markets. If you don't support free markets why are you here?

3. Is there a future for Paccoin after the redemption. Sure there is. You may want to take advantage of the redemption, but you may also want to keep some paccoin. I think a lot of the uncertainty out there is causing paccoin to go down in value, but that may be a good thing. It gives people an opportunity to buy paccoin at bargain prices.

TEKcoin is actually higher proof of stake  * check it out ===>

https://yobit.net/en/trade/TEK/BTC

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
theincrediblevictor

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:07:48 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 08:03:55 PM by theincrediblevictor

mybuddylucifer

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:17:27 PM

paccoin dev team should better do something fast as the coinmarket cap look shows a really declining state of things its worrying too that the windows desktop wallet isnt functioning fine for most of us and their dev team isnt helping matters to that regards help your commuinty store their coins i really dont understand how they consider proper integration and adequate bug fixing of the desktop wallet for windows has become a trivial matter for paccoin team do they not lknow that people cant buy if the wallet storage is having issues and also the redemption  isnt even happening in the exchange wallet.
I think because the "new devs" are more interested in getting people to move towards Paccoin Cash $PAC, they lack the incentive to fix any problems with Paccoin PAC. I just want to encourage all you Paccoin loyalists, that I will continue to support the coin. I also am bullish that $PAC will do well and am planning on getting a masternode with them. I don't see how trashing one coin helps another frankly.

Bill

Hi Bill, nice to hear from you, does this mean that the original pac will remain active on cryptopia?

Thanks!
GimoIng

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:22:38 PM

Plus, #1 wallet on block explorer has been constently dumping, not a single buy and you know what that means.

I think that #1 wallet is Cryptopia
Stvi4

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:09:32 PM

All in information from Paccoin discord channel. After March 1, there will not be POS, only masternodes will be. For the masternode, you now need 500 million coins. Masternodes will receive 9% monthly. For example, at a price of Paccoin 0.5 sat, the masternode will generate a profit of 0.25 BTC monthly.
Now is an excellent opportunity to collect masternode. With the increase of the price to 2-3 sat, the masternode will generate a monthly profit of 1-1.5 BTC, but the cost of the node itself will grow to 10-15 BTC
This is a live project, you go to the discord, you will understand everything yourself. You can chat with the developers.

By the way, the whitepaper is already ready for release
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/369289426926436354/402833283043295232/itexists.png
mybuddylucifer

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:24:25 PM

All in information from Paccoin discord channel. After March 1, there will not be POS, only masternodes will be. For the masternode, you now need 500 million coins. Masternodes will receive 9% monthly. For example, at a price of Paccoin 0.5 sat, the masternode will generate a profit of 0.25 BTC monthly.
Now is an excellent opportunity to collect masternode. With the increase of the price to 2-3 sat, the masternode will generate a monthly profit of 1-1.5 BTC, but the cost of the node itself will grow to 10-15 BTC
This is a live project, you go to the discord, you will understand everything yourself. You can chat with the developers.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/369289426926436354/402833283043295232/itexists.png

Boring
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:27:49 PM

Not mine apparently and I just tried to transfer over 31 million PAC. Another 21 million stuck on an exchange. Buy order volumes have gone so far down that they'll never reach me. So I suggest everyone to cut their losses and sell PAC for doge, USD, or litecoin if you can. These people are not interested in fixing the blockchain problem. They're just dismissing the problem as no big deal. 55 MILLION PAC GONE IS A BIG DEAL TO ME!  Angry

Also, this coin has been out for 3 years and not a single whitepaper this whole time. Not a single one.

This coin has all the marks of a scam. So face the music everyone and get out while you can!

Also, I've taken the liberty of requesting Cryptopia to delist your sorry asses immedietely.

Can you post the TX number? Or a link to the TX on the explorer? If you can locate it, it may show. As the chains are forking, the TX go negative and then start confirming, it's rather odd.

And the old coin has issues, no doubt, but the new coin is in the works with an entirely new code base. I submitted a patch to the old coin but it looks like it'll be rejected, so I'm assisting the new team with the new coin now.

I've closed my request to Cryptopia (for now) and sent them a new one. Maybe they have to manually process my transaction.

I get that you may not want to post it but what was the sending address?
theincrediblevictor

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:16:11 PM

Not mine apparently and I just tried to transfer over 31 million PAC. Another 21 million stuck on an exchange. Buy order volumes have gone so far down that they'll never reach me. So I suggest everyone to cut their losses and sell PAC for doge, USD, or litecoin if you can. These people are not interested in fixing the blockchain problem. They're just dismissing the problem as no big deal. 55 MILLION PAC GONE IS A BIG DEAL TO ME!  Angry

I've closed my request to Cryptopia (for now) and sent them a new one. Maybe they have to manually process my transaction.

I get that you may not want to post it but what was the sending address?

Tx ID:

79cd3343aee068c5105de06d9929e029a48dcb97c79ea36dc6295a03b30915ee

Deposit Address From Cryptopia:  

B4GW9yzjv2X2bWDJ1xH7BnFUDCrHMjFTca

Receiving Address To Yobit Wallet:

B4Fmnku9gqCBzNH82Xfkp4rxYbdtxtySkZ

Timestamp:

16/01/2018 9:29:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

TxID  not showing. Wallet address not showing. I just created the wallet prior to the transaction. The transactions is shown as complete from the sending exchange. They have not arrived at the receiving exchange.

This is the best info I can provide. Both addresses & TxID's don't show up on explorer, and the coins are on the right blockchain going to the right address. I've done everything perfectly. 31,710,000 PACs gone, plus another 23,962,794 stuck on Cryptopia is a lot of money!

If you guys would simply just open a USDT market on Cryptopia when those Doge & LTC markets were shut down. It would've solved all these problems and PAC would've continued rising.
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:43:41 PM

If only I can get my 31,710,000 PAC back on my Cryptopia account, I could just wait for the doge markets to open back up again.

Do you have the address before the PAC was sent? As in, did you transfer to Cryptopia at some point?
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:36:29 PM

If only I can get my 31,710,000 PAC back on my Cryptopia account, I could just wait for the doge markets to open back up again.

Do you have the address before the PAC was sent? As in, did you transfer to Cryptopia at some point?

No. I bought at Cryptopia.

Hmm. If I can sort out a fix (I don't control the PAC chain -- I'm sure you know) Cryptopia would need to run it. Trying to figure out how to ID and release those TX...just need to find more time.
OWZ1337

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:40:36 PM

Hmm. If I can sort out a fix (I don't control the PAC chain -- I'm sure you know) Cryptopia would need to run it. Trying to figure out how to ID and release those TX...just need to find more time.

your name is obviously trusted newbie :-D you prolly have virus/backdoors in your version? lol weee

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:52:37 PM

your name is obviously trusted newbie :-D you prolly have virus/backdoors in your version? lol weee

That's me, the guy who found the errors in the chain and submitted a public pull-request to fix it. They call me: Mr. sketchy-wallet.
OWZ1337

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:53:39 PM

That's me, the guy who found the errors in the chain and submitted a public pull-request to fix it. They call me: Mr. sketchy-wallet.

fork it they will come! :-D lollll

voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:54:07 PM

wow , this coin PAC has made big steps , did not check here for a long time but glad to hear price is climbing and will climb more and more as development keep going and most coins are sitting in masternodes
jasonv

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:35:56 PM

Boring

I agree, but it's hard to buy into when you can't buy this coin anywhere. I'm holding but unfortunately it's been a perfect storm for this coin. I would even buy more if I could open an account on Trade Satoshi. It is a buyers market right now, we'll see what Asia does overnight. It's like they sneeze and we catch a cold... We sell hard and they pick up all the crumbs, we r the saps..... Time will tell.
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:07:15 PM

Boring

I agree, but it's hard to buy into when you can't buy this coin anywhere. I'm holding but unfortunately it's been a perfect storm for this coin. I would even buy more if I could open an account on Trade Satoshi. It is a buyers market right now, we'll see what Asia does overnight. It's like they sneeze and we catch a cold... We sell hard and they pick up all the crumbs, we r the saps..... Time will tell.

There's nothing as bad as no liquidity for any coin. Paccoin would do better than it current progress if it was easier for people to buy or sell. These days, People would only buy what they're will be able to sell (at any point in time) with little to no hassles.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: