Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:52:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] paccoin a new SHA256D coin is being introduced  (Read 136451 times)
breakcrypto

Activity: 74
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:02:42 AM

Forks occur all the time even with bitcoin, when a block is rejected by the network it is a fork.
"Reorganize" is what you see in debug.log that will tell you how many blocks are dropped and the chain reorganizes. This is normal with all coins.
Your patch does not respect this process and simply lets the blocks accumulate causing a rejected block to continue to grow.

The blockchain grows by height, the height controls the chain. If someone had enough hashing power the higher chain wins, that's how the blockchain works. Your chain is eating itself alive because it's based on a broken calculation of trust. Regardless of the pac chain.

Please explain to me again how the patch I submitted magically went back in time and broke you broken coin. I'm still curious cause that wasn't a false statement right?

You are still missing the point. This is a proof of stake blockchain. Read Peercoins white paper to understand what proof of stake is about.

OMG. paccoin is a PoW and PoS coin. You do know the PoW logic is still in there? You can remove it, it's 100% possible. It's sitting there, perfectly usable and being used. HELL, there's a -gen=1 flag to allow the wallet to mine PoW blocks. You also get that PoW pull TX from the mem pool and encode them to the chain and then when PoS overwrites -- that's an issue. Blockchains are supposed to be immutable, not reversable.

But this is a pure PoS coin, is that what you really think paccoin is? Are the PoW blocks just magically appearing from the series of tubes and world of bits that fly around with some pixie dust and troll farts to glue it all together?

Oh wait, here's part of the code (oh shit, more facts -- what has the world come to?):

Code:
if (pblock->IsProofOfWork())
  pblock->vtx[0].vout[0].nValue = GetProofOfWorkReward(pindexPrev->nHeight+1, nFees, pindexPrev->GetBlockHash());

https://github.com/wmcorless/paccoin/blob/af3f893d7740e2a49d9d00832e5f9abccff109c5/src/main.cpp . That's your code base right? Not some mystical breaking fork you keep going on about, right?

Holy goodness, I can't take it. Dude, your coin is broken, your code is in horrible shape, and I didn't break your damn coin and stop telling people I did. It's your broken shit, you own it. I'm done with you, have a great one.

breakcryto
wmcorless (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:07:21 AM

OMG. paccoin is a PoW and PoS coin.
breakcryto

So is Peercoin.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:09:10 AM

Holy goodness, I can't take it. Dude, your coin is broken, your code is in horrible shape, and I didn't break your damn coin and stop telling people I did. It's your broken shit, you own it. I'm done with you, have a great one.

breakcryto

No the coin works properly spreading FUD wont work.

Got Paccoin?
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:14:07 AM

breakcryto

No the coin works properly spreading FUD wont work.

OMG. paccoin is a PoW and PoS coin.
breakcryto

So is Peercoin.

"This is a proof of stake blockchain." Which story are you sticking to Bill? Pick one, pick one...

And a chain the magically drops TX, overwrites blocks, and its total coin count moves around by hundreds of millions of coins at a swing is "working." Stellar, you go with that one. I'm sure all those people complaining about lost TX would agree. I've got a few missing tx myself from your amazing, super-awesome chain.

I'm done talking to you, it's just wasted time of my life I can't get back.

Your shits broke, deal with it like a man and stop blaming others -- especially me. I'm not your whipping boy and don't ever think I am.

Wrong tree, bark somewhere else.

wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:18:50 AM

The coin works perfectly thank you, your patch causes forks which caused the exchanges to go down.
I think you should go back to the correct version and stop causing these out of sync issues.

Got Paccoin?
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:24:48 AM

The coin works perfectly thank you, your patch causes forks which caused the exchanges to go down.
I think you should go back to the correct version and stop causing these out of sync issues.

Keep talking Bill, all the better for me in the long run. I hope you make a fucking fortune off $PAC's launch because it just makes a libel suit that much more profitable.
theincrediblevictor

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:32:51 AM

I'm going to have to second breakcrypto on this. I personally experienced problems with transaction issues and I witnessed the rewind attacks BEFORE the patch was implemented. The patch to fix the wallets was sent to the exchanges by the new devs so our Old Pac coins would get restored, NOT by wmcorless. wmcorless did absolutely nothing and brushed off the problem will the new devs are doing everything to help us. You can see corless's on his previous conversations on the ANN threads. And on Github. Also, the New Dev's are literally going to "give" New Pac to persons who lost their coins due to the wallet and blockchain issues, as long as they have proof. So since I witnessed everything and know the situation and all the facts, I would have to conclude that wmcorless is not being truthful and may be hiding alterior motives. The New Dev's as far as I can see, have been very helpful and generous to everyone.

So I would suggest to everyone to redeem the Old Pac coins to the new devs for Pac Coin Cash and leave this coin to rot in Satan's anus in hell, were it belongs.
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:44:23 AM

I'm going to have to second breakcrypto on this. I personally experienced problems with transaction issues and I witnessed the rewind attacks BEFORE the patch was implemented. The patch to fix the wallets was sent to the exchanges by the new devs si our Old Pac coins would get restored, NOT by wmcorless. wmcorless did absolutely nothing and brushed off the problem. You can see it on his previous conversations on the ANN threads. And on Github. So since I witnessed everything and know the situation and all the facts, I would have to conclude that wmcorless is not being truthful and may be hiding alterior motives.

So I would, suggest everyone to redeem the Old Pac coins to the new devs for Pac Coin Cash and leave this coin to rot in Satan's anus in hell, were it belongs.

The rewind attacks as you call them only occur when you are mining the coins, and a proof of stake comes through and orphans the mined blocks. Of course I understand this is discouraging to those mining, but that is how this coin operates. There is less incentive to mine the coins "by design".

This coin uses proof of stake as its security model. Coin age is the basis for which coin wins. The patch as you describe it is nothing more than a major problem. It allows mined blocks that the network rejected to stay in play and allows the forks to grow. This causes havoc on the network because coins that are generated on forks do not transmit to the correct blockchain, and will disappear. If you want your coins to not disappear, use the authorized version of the program pls.

I think most of this negativity is being spread by those who want to encourage people to dump their paccoin for paccoin cash. Its not necessary to trash a coin to get people to invest in another coin. I'm sure Dash is a good coin, and I'm sure Paccoin Cash will be a good coin too.
I don't think any coin can compare to Paccoin's proof of stake model.

Got Paccoin?
akirasun

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:52:31 AM

Is this mineable coin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:00:57 AM

Is this mineable coin?
It is mineable, but we encourage purchasing them and using the proof of stake to gain coins.

If you mine it, you will experience a lot of orphans, but some may stick if you will.

Got Paccoin?
theincrediblevictor

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:03:18 AM

I'm going to have to second breakcrypto on this. I personally experienced problems with transaction issues and I witnessed the rewind attacks BEFORE the patch was implemented. The patch to fix the wallets was sent to the exchanges by the new devs si our Old Pac coins would get restored, NOT by wmcorless. wmcorless did absolutely nothing and brushed off the problem. You can see it on his previous conversations on the ANN threads. And on Github. So since I witnessed everything and know the situation and all the facts, I would have to conclude that wmcorless is not being truthful and may be hiding alterior motives.

So I would, suggest everyone to redeem the Old Pac coins to the new devs for Pac Coin Cash and leave this coin to rot in Satan's anus in hell, were it belongs.

The rewind attacks as you call them only occur when you are mining the coins, and a proof of stake comes through and orphans the mined blocks. Of course I understand this is discouraging to those mining, but that is how this coin operates. There is less incentive to mine the coins "by design".

This coin uses proof of stake as its security model. Coin age is the basis for which coin wins. The patch as you describe it is nothing more than a major problem. It allows mined blocks that the network rejected to stay in play and allows the forks to grow. This causes havoc on the network because coins that are generated on forks do not transmit to the correct blockchain, and will disappear. If you want your coins to not disappear, use the authorized version of the program pls.

I think most of this negativity is being spread by those who want to encourage people to dump their paccoin for paccoin cash. Its not necessary to trash a coin to get people to invest in another coin. I'm sure Dash is a good coin, and I'm sure Paccoin Cash will be a good coin too.
I don't think any coin can compare to Paccoin's proof of stake model.

I didn't use any program, I transferred my coins from Cryptopia to Yobit, and then my coins got stuck. So it's due to your blockchain and wallets problems, not by any mistake on my end.

So if it's by mining as you said, then that's the problem. Take it out of the code and let it run by pure POS only, then your coin will be fixed and everyone can live happily ever after.
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:16:36 AM

I didn't use any program, I transferred my coins from Cryptopia to Yobit, and then my coins got stuck. So it's due to your blockchain and wallets problems, not by any mistake on my end.

So if it's by mining as you said, then that's the problem. Take it out of the code and let it run by pure POS only, then your coin will be fixed and everyone can live happily ever after.

Well it should show up once cryptopia and yobit's wallets are synced up. The linux wallets are more susceptible to the fork issue the "patch" causes. They take longer to sync up, so I recommended they rebuild their block chains. It took my site 4 days to sync up.

Got Paccoin?
jasonv

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:31:43 AM

Bill, do you see the Yobit wallet being sync'ed soon? Got a lot of coin held hostage now.
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:39:25 AM

Bill, do you see the Yobit wallet being sync'ed soon? Got a lot of coin held hostage now.

I know what you mean, I sent 26 million to Yobit on the 17th, so I'm waiting for it to arrive also.

Note to self breakcrypto sent me the "patch" 2 days before the exchanges went down... Hmmm.... coincidence?

Got Paccoin?
mybuddylucifer

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:40:02 AM

Well it should show up once cryptopia and yobit's wallets are synced up. The linux wallets are more susceptible to the fork issue the "patch" causes. They take longer to sync up, so I recommended they rebuild their block chains. It took my site 4 days to sync up.

Hi Bill, what does it mean by veternus, when he posted comments about that the new devs released a patch to cryptopia and yobit?

I mean, could anybody just make a patch and send to exchanges?  Or such statement is just a placebo statement?
derstuka

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:54:52 AM

New $pac to the moooon!  Mr Corlass old PAC is junk....and never worth a penny.

The only value is the new "world" for $PAC.  You not see that Mr Bill?  PAC has value BECAUSE OF Mr EXPOS and his big team!

You are not as smart as your beliefs
jasonv

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:57:11 AM

Hi Bill, what does it mean by veternus, when he posted comments about that the new devs released a patch to cryptopia and yobit?

I mean, could anybody just make a patch and send to exchanges?  Or such statement is just a placebo statement?

hit it on the 17th too. good luck also
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:57:39 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 04:08:37 AM by breakcrypto

I know what you mean, I sent 26 million to Yobit on the 17th, so I'm waiting for it to arrive also.

Note to self breakcrypto sent me the "patch" 2 days before the exchanges went down... Hmmm.... coincidence?

My "patch" didn't cause anything to your coin accept attempt to fix it for you -- it's never been used as far as I know outside of me testing it on my own system for all of 5 minutes to see the chain stabilize its height and properly keep the TX from the mempool. The test run lost out to the main-chain trust score nearly instantaneous and was a segregated chain -- you know by what the crypto world calls consensus which is how networks work -- not that I think you understand any of that.

Beyond that, how is it even possible my alleged fork could break your "working" code? If someone could so easily fork your damn chain then your chain doesn't work anyway. The simple fact is your code is shitty and it doesn't work right. Hell, it's damn easy to verify that my patch would simply cause a stable side fork based on height instead of trust alone -- nothing else. Your PoS / trust logic controls the main chain. For what you keep lying about to even POSSIBLY be true, I'd somehow need have connections to all of the exchanges to have had anyone on the "fork."

Wow, just wow. You're either stupid or obtuse and I can't decide which -- probably just both.

At the very least, if you want to pretend to be peercoin, then you need to backport properly which you aren't doing. If your chain is forking and not back-porting TX properly, the "rewrite" and "resurrect" logic is terribly broken at the very least. Fix your shitty code or base your chain on height and keep your chain stable -- take your pick.

Either way, as I've said, don't blame me for it -- look in the mirror or to whoever you paid to write that pile of junk. If the exchanges pulled your coin it's because it's broken you dumb shit not because someone tried to help you.
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:02:31 AM

I saw that post, and was concerned, if they mean "patch" they mean breakcryptos "patch" it would mean that the exchanges's wallets would disconnect our users wallets.
The reason is the "patch" breakcrypto whos name probably really mins fixcrypto, uses protocol 60008. Our wallets use protocol 60007. So the new protocol wallets will automatically disconnect older wallets.

Since I was able to successfully send paccoins to tradesatoshi yesterday it means they are using the correct wallet, and not the patch. If however Yobit and Cryptopia are using the new protocol, our coins will never arrive.

As far as anyone making a patch, the normal procedure is to make a patch and present it to the developers as a "pull request" to evaluate whether it should be implemented. This is how its done normally. The developers then test it, and decide if its worth implementing. I looked at it, and decided it was not beneficial, and decided not to use it. I encourage others not to use it, because as we have seen it has caused the exchanges to lose sync and thereby required a rebuild of the block chain, causing these massive delays.

Got Paccoin?
BitcoinGoat

Activity: 272
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:07:48 AM

This coin is a peace of crap... I still don't see why anyone is wasting their time with this

♉ ♉ ♉ TRAW - THE REAL ALWAYS WINS! - Cryptocurrency for community good ☻☺! Join the AIRDROP via DiscordHERE ♉ ♉ ♉
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: