Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:17:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How could war affect crypto?  (Read 1504 times)
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:27:43 PM

It is simple, war will divert investment into alternative assets like gold, silver and cryptos, crypto is a new and attractive class so im expecting big money coming in to crypto now.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:29:07 PM

In Ukraine there is a war. I can say that crypto makes it really easy to hide money. Nobody knows who is the owner of the wallet which consists millions of dollars in cryptocurrency.
Yes obama said it that cryptocurrency is like a swiss bank. its anonymous even though its decentralized and its not transparant cause the private key and we only know address of the person who do the transaction not the identity of the person who doing it. I do agree War could drive economy but for crypto i think there will be many illegal transaction that could be happening using cryptocurrency.

izzy13

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:29:17 PM

Practically, the war affects people psychological aspects, e.g mood on doing trading, panic selling, etc. It also affects the crypto through the trading of weapons, uprising crypto prices, and as a long term investment since you can't really trust the safety of your assets in conventional modes.
letua

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:30:46 PM

When there is war there is destruction. When it struck the nation structure will fall. No one is exempted. Everyone is effective. House, Atm, roads, buildings, and more. If one nation love crypto then war is present the above reasons are valid to stop the crypto for a while.
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:31:59 PM

I don´t think it will have any noticeable effect, the crypto market is very small and there is not a stron correlation with the rest of the economy. It is very different IMO.
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:37:22 PM

I don´t think it will have any noticeable effect, the crypto market is very small and there is not a stron correlation with the rest of the economy. It is very different IMO.
Do not agree with you one bit. Do you even know what war does to people? One of the biggest characteristics of the crypto market is people panic selling/buying which can happen at any particular point of time due to some reason or another(good or bad). For example, Bitconnect value literally crashed when the scam was unveiled due to people panic selling like crazy. One of the biggest characteristics of was is causing panic among people which will obviously have an effect on the crypto market(Big one for sure). However, this effect might be positive or negative for the market on the whole.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:12:12 PM

Well, it can definitely lead to people withdraw money from the crypto and hence dip the price. But overall nothing is going to change in the long term. By the way the situational is better now between the west and ruskies after the recent strikes in syria.

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:20:13 PM

How could war affect crypto?

I think the effect of War to crypto is tbat it will be a massive dump of coins resulting of decreasing the price because during war for sure many people will need fiat to buy emergency needs like food water and etc etc, also there is no goos thing war brings us it is only way to hate/ kill each other.
SnakeGriffin

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:29:01 PM

Hate to say this but most likely in a good way. Where can people move assets if they want to move (flee) but cannot take much stuff with them? Crypto.
Plimo

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

Shopify Developer

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:31:08 PM

I don't know if it helps a lot in wars but crypto coins mostly bitcoin are money that noone will know whos.
It's anonymous. No one knows who holds bitcoin if they don't tell.
It's not like real money.
I don't know if this will help in war but./..

ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:34:06 PM

It depends on the seriousness of it. Crypto can only exist when the Internet network is still active. If the war happens on a small scale, it will not affect the world economy

Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:34:26 PM

in my opinion the war is not a significant effect in crypto my friend
because, there is no connections between crypto and this war

Agree to this one which is actually true on where theres no significant effect of war into crypto currency which can we found or see on traditional local fiats. Commonly in war supply and demand for oil is one of the example on where it do have significant effect since its essential and being used up on war which we would normally see the price is mainly affected due to these circumstances.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:35:31 PM

I am sure that any war negatively affects the world, of course, on some financial accounts of some people the war has a positive effect, but I think that in general war is a destruction in the full sense of the word.
SnakeGriffin

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:39:15 PM

It depends on the seriousness of it. Crypto can only exist when the Internet network is still active. If the war happens on a small scale, it will not affect the world economy

It somewhat does. In Russia some people live off crypto. There is a news article, if you look maybe you can find it. Expect it to rise if problems increase.
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 05:40:10 PM

War can affect the crypto market dramatically because people fear that market will go down and they will lose money. So people usually cash out, if they fear any war going to happen. Just like last night, USA missiles strike against Syria will have an impact on price, as now we can see the market is bit shaky because of it.

euus

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:41:12 PM

simple, can be anonymous money transfers, and this is a very powerful resource for a war
Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:01:57 PM

If two countries are at the war maybe slight affect of crypto just slight go down in the market, but if world war happens maybe it will huge down the crypto and possible one of the top 100 coins in coinmarketcap will have no value.
ofcourse at that time FIAT also has no value hehe
bitcoin can be used for buying weapon to war, even it already used for buying weapon in blackmarket Cry
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:09:36 PM

I dont think that there is a definite relation between war and crypto. This is not something proved till now. The countries that go to war dont need to buy weapons with crypto. They do it in front of public's eye. They dont hide that they buy and sell weapons.
ivlvov

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:49:01 PM

I think that the war would have had a very bad effect on crippling goods. The unstable situation in the world always has a bad effect on any currency. I very much hope that the world understands that war is nobody needs a thing.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
Puroc

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:51:17 PM

Your asking effect in what way?  During war purchase using crypto is easier than carrying a large amount of money with you, you might be ambush in the way but when you send the payment online then it's safer that way.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: