Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:16:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How could war affect crypto?  (Read 1504 times)
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:09:56 PM

Depends what type of war it is, if it was a cyber war then the last place people would want to invest in is crypto currency if there's daily state sponsored hacking going on. If it's a traditional war I guess it depends on the devastation caused. If there's black outs, and social breakdown in any form then no one would care about crypto it'd be about surviving day to day.
Wars could heavily affect cryptocurrencies value. It may increase the demand for cryptocurrencies  therefore massively increasing the value or it could deplete the system as war hinders technological progress and economical progress over all. I think these two possibilities may come forth once a war breaks out and we will only find out what would happen once it commences.
Onews1990

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:16:47 PM

If war happens, crypto will be like a bank, to safe money, which will turn to cryptocurrencies. I think that.
exalterego

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:18:21 PM

Crypto currencies are DECENTRALIZED so why should they be dependent on the situation in any country?
The only thing that could affect cryptos is the global conflict like World War III involving the population and infrastructure of the major market players like the USA, China, Europe, etc.
Personally I can see no prerequisites for such a scenario though there are several countries posessing nuclear weapons that could be a trigger for such a conflict.
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:22:00 PM

I think so, buying weapons for war has made easier thanks to the help of cryptocurrency. The terrorist can use Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies as a means of payment to buy guns and fund deadly attacks.

I agree on you, their are some people are tend to happen doing such as negative. They over use bitcoin in not good way which is not applicable. The cryptocurrencies use in buying weapons that they will use in war that might a dirty game. They should analyze it well that cryptocurrencies must be in positive side so that no can may affected because a lot of people rely in it for consumptions in daily life.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
simmo77

Activity: 373

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:59:56 PM

It's amazing that they created a system that exists by itself and that no one can influence. No power can take money from the system. No one is forced to trust someone specific. It's enough that you trust the system. So I'm sure that nothing will affect bitcoin.
papagapa

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:05:13 PM

There are 2 back wised questions, I will add one more- How crypto can affect war? This question is more interesting, right? The one I have mentioned it is sort of black side of crypto currency. As we all know, cryptocurrency is uncontrolled money, with this tool we can even simply buy drugs or guns and almost all of the time no one will know about it. That is the main reason why politicians are against the crypto market.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:10:00 PM

it is likely the cloud is needed by some developers and companies to store data or assets are very secret, I think cloud like google drive and others just in mixed with cyptocurrency so that it can trigger price movement of cryptocurrency.
zerocashdev

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:11:44 PM

I think that buying weapons will become easier because people will not be in contact with money but on the other hand online they can be easier to track.
Pump N Dead

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:03:58 PM

How could war affect crypto?
It depends if it is a World War or just a war in a specific country. If it is a large scale war there is a possibility that they will shut down Internet connection to prevent communication. If it is a one country, I think they could still use cryptocurrency to keep  their asset and if they can flew away from their country to avoid war.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:05:16 PM

How could war affect crypto?

War will only affect the place or country where it was held and if a war will happen then cryptocurrency will still be profitable since not every country wants to declare war so it will not affect the entire world.
yannick225

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:14:26 PM

Talking about the war, it seems too complicated and horrible, Many things and terms or conditions may lead the war and may give bad influence on something. Every war will give negative impact, bad impacts. It is not only talking about one person but also everybody involves din the warn including the society. related to the crypto, I think it may influence. As this crypto is used by many people in the world. The war may affect the continuity or stability of the coins not always positively, no one know.

Personnaly i dont like this question, it's sound like"how a war can be profitable for me ?"

Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:16:00 PM

I think the author of this thread is trying to ask question on what could be the likely effect of war on cryptocurrency, but some are answering in another direction, talking about how crypto can be useful during war. Now addressing the question, i think war can have adverse effect on lives and anything that can effect lives, will surely affect those things owned by those lives.
For instance, if life is lost during war, the person might have a wallet containing million dollars worth of coin and the private key might be known to him alone. If he did not reveal the private key to no one less due to an unexpected death, that is the end of the assets in such wallet.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:18:27 PM

It depends on the scale.
If something relatively big would break out, crypto would skyrocket as would gold.

War is associated with big uncertainty and destabilization of economies.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
montreal

Activity: 328

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:45:11 PM

First time I meet such a question) It is very interesting. I think that the price will fall due to the greater popularity of conventional currency, as people will spend a lot of money for all needs.

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:37:10 PM

I am continent that there will not be war in our world anyway, because the things are happening among governments are just games of 25-30 people who talk with each other. About what is going to be happened with crypto- it depends on where the war is and what countries are involved. 
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:41:18 PM

As the entire digital currency development is dependent on technology as well the network functioning, even a small collapse in the internet connectivity over certain region easily affects the bitcoin movement. It can be of the transaction, or it can be of the mining or trading. When the trading volume gets affected, automatically the impact upon growth can be experienced.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:21:15 PM

Yes, because in the war there will be no electricity that works well, while transacting in the crypto we need electricity and also the internet, in the war we may not be able to get electricity to access our computers and even mobile phone, I also believe in internet network war may not be available. So it's clear, if the war happens we will have difficulty transacting using crypto.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
jerry3k5jamiso1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:26:48 PM

When a war occurs, property owners who want to convert into a property can be used worldwide and it must be secure to ensure their identity is kept private, only crypto is guaranteed. This condition, so the crypto is the channel choice to secure the place for the war. You can see that whenever there is bitcoin in the world, there is a huge upside, which directly affects the cryptocurrency market.
worthitsweight

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:28:19 PM

I think it will behave like a hard asset like gold and silver. May increase in price across the board but be very volatile in the process.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:30:09 PM

As the entire digital currency development is dependent on technology as well the network functioning, even a small collapse in the internet connectivity over certain region easily affects the bitcoin movement. It can be of the transaction, or it can be of the mining or trading. When the trading volume gets affected, automatically the impact upon growth can be experienced.

Of course if there's a big problem with the economy war can really affect also the entire digital currency network. No circulation will happen to the exchanges and people will be hesitant of invedting their money to the trading site due to fears of no assurance. More crypto coins will certainly dump because investors will dump their assets caused by panic selling and the world economy crisis.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: