Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:58:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Winner of this year, ETH or BTC?  (Read 5892 times)
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:39:51 AM

Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

Are you serious on this statement? Will you mind do research first and read the whitepaper of BTC? Do you know that all altcoins is from the bitcoin technology, they just modify a bit on the code since it was an open source but still bitcoin is great. Don't compare the number of transaction of BTC to ETH since most of crypto user are using BTC because it's the base currency. You are talking about scaling issue of bitcoin while you didn't that ETH was easily taken down by just crypto kitties which is too small compared to the volume of transaction in BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:43:28 AM

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth

valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:47:22 AM

Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

I think that bitcoins will be always the winner of the year since the growth is massive and everyone is investing a huge amount that leads to the market price to grow even more further and that is the reason why we should invest or hold our coins even more.
azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:53:52 AM

AFAIK ethereum transactions much faster than bitcoin and transaction fees are also much cheaper (CMIIW), but the fact is bitcoin still firmly into the market leader, and in my opinion, for this year and a few years to come bitcoin position will not be shifted.
Ethan Becker

Activity: 142
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:07:55 AM

I think winner of this year is EOS. I sure that this coin will hit 60-80$ by end of this year (it' about x3-x4 from today). EOS and ETH will compete.
vastmast

Activity: 378

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:09:44 AM

Ethereum is in a pretty good rise. From time to time the price drops slightly down and rises again right after. I think it will be a more profitable investment than bitcoin, the best investment is Ethereum now Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:15:12 AM

both can be considered as the best and be a winner. bitcoin first excels because of course most interested in is making the system owned bitcoin and development cost. for the year also will be the same as before. bitcoin will remain the lead and the ethereum also will continue to evolve.
MariaOzawaa

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:23:09 AM

I want to see Ethereum become the winner because I invested in it. If it can surpass Bitcoin and become the king of the new cryptocurrency, I believe I will get a lot of wealth, but I think it is difficult. Grin
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:26:18 AM

Hello everyone!

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

In my personal opinion, ETH will never be able to overcome the bitcoin. Because bitcoin is the symbol of the Crypto market, bitcoin is considered to be the core of Crypto. It can not lose ETH, investors and Bitcoin itself do not allow it.
Although ETH grows very well this year, it will never be able to overcome bitcoin.

Rinaldi11

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:27:34 AM

Bitcoin is the original Blockchain entity. Ethereum exploits the full potential of the blockchain. It puts the blockchain to work for purposes beyond the bookkeeping of financial transactions. I wouldn’t use the word “better”, but I accept the challenge of your question, which I rephrase thus: “Can Ethereum—or any altcoin—overtake Bitcoin?”. Ethereum is the brain child of a super-bright kid, Vitalik Buterin. Listen to him at Future Thinkers. Only a fool bets against this type of inspiration and genius. But Bitcoin and Ethereum are two different animals. They do not focus on the same market applications or services. Bitcoin facilitates cash transactions (and may someday even be recognized as cash), while Ethereum is a complex blockchain based contract mechanism. is not dedicated to moving and validating money. Although Bitcoin incorporates Smart Contracts (this intersects with Ethereum’s potential applications), Ethereum is a platform for a great many non-cash applications and services. Bitcoin will fold brilliant improvements into it’s own ecosystem. If another “coin” is open source, it is available for Bitcoin to copy. If it is closed, then no one trusts it. Because of the nature of open source projects and the momentum already imbued in Bitcoin, it is very likely here to stay. It has already achieved a two-sided network. It cannot be easily dethroned. It really is that simple. It is essential that Bitcoin survive. It is widely trusted, easily recognized, and has a global market of supply and demand. If it fails, the public may lose faith in all blockchain backed entities.
IamSaitama

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:53:50 AM

If the competition which cryptocurrency would have the higher value in the end of the year, Ethereum still has a long way to go to beat Bitcoin.

When it comes to the number of Bitcoin users to the number of Ethereum users, Bitcoin still wins. Being the oldest cryptocurrency that exists making it the cryptocurrency with more users, investors, and miners.

But when it talks about the growth of cryptocurrencies, Ethereum wins because it is still young and is still far from its peak.

But feel free to use both cryptocurrencies to grab more and better opportunities.

ContractVault.io
Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
■ ▄▀ ██  TOKEN SALE  ❱  MAY 1st  ██ ▀▄ ■
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:57:13 AM

I think that both these coins have equal probability to make good profit for 2018 year. Personally I prefer ETH that is really widely used as platform for other ERC-20 coins

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:00:00 AM

Bitcoin is still the leader in cryptocurrency space! Bitcoin is more popular and works fine in most jurisdiction world over. Ethereum is not known like bitcoin and bitcoin network is larger than that of ethereum.
pleaderzazure

Activity: 101

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 10:11:48 AM

If you question who will be winner in this year i think Bitcoin still be the winner. Maybe ETH just will be famaous rather than bitcoin in this year
platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:27:19 AM

Not even half year is passed so saying who the winner of this year is would be wrong. But with so much good developmental updates coming for Ethereum this year I think it will be the winner and we should expect a massive bull run by the year end. As this much good news would surely increase the price tremendously.
So really, it's too early to say who will be the winner in 2018 because the year is not over and during this time there can be many changes in the crypto world. But I want to make a small forecast, I think ETH will be the leader this year and will grow strongly by the end of the year.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
pamelallaneta

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:36:08 AM

for my own opinion the winner this year is BTC again tell me why BTC .Becasue BTC still best option because of its limited supply only 21 million . But ethereum not having any details about max supply now showing 98 million circulating supply it may increase in future. But if you believe in ethereum to winner this year why not if the ethereum are win this year but probably BTC is the best for me and i think BTC again win for this year 
PrivateEnemy

Activity: 315
Merit: 13

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:11:25 PM

Why should there be a winner here? Ethereum is not a competitor of Bitcoin. Each of these coins plays a own unique role and there will not be a winner and loser here.

Zhenka

Activity: 362
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:14:30 PM

I think both coins this year will win, but the difference between their cost will remain the same like now. I see no prerequisites for ETH bypassed by the capitalization of bitcoin. Maybe that will happen, but not this year. I have BTC and ETH , so I'm not worried about who will be better in the near future.
CopMom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:17:29 PM

I believe that in this year ETH price will increase much more percent than BTC price but I think BTC will still be the king of cryptocurrency world and ETH is impossible to take the 1st place of Bitcoin in this year only. For now, you can easily see that BTC price is nearly 10k$ while ETH price is just about more than 700$, it's a big problem for ETH Smiley). Not easy to solve this problem in this year only.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:17:35 PM

I think many here no matter who wins this year. If it is to grow bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies will not keep itself waiting long. Unfortunately we are very dependent on the most expensive cryptocurrency. But the pace of growth, I think that bitcoin that Ethereum will show roughly the same value. Of great benefit, none of these cryptocurrencies will not receive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: