Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [20 gh] NMCBit pool 3% fee prop 6.6% PPS  (Read 63609 times)
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 07:09:03 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2011, 07:23:48 PM by Seraphim401

Dude when are you going to fix the insane amount of stales we are getting?
Worst pool ever!BTC Guild has a beta pps pool,wich doesn't even come close to the stales I'm seing at your pool.
If you need help with the pool,why don't you ask help from Slush,Eleuthria or some other pro?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DavinciJ15 (OP)

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 08:03:08 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2011, 09:51:05 PM by DavinciJ15

Worst pool ever!BTC Guild has a beta pps pool,wich doesn't even come close to the stales I'm seing at your pool.
If you need help with the pool,why don't you ask help from Slush,Eleuthria or some other pro?

The "Pro"s are not interested in helping.

If you run cgminer you have 2 options.
cgminer -o http://nmcbit.com:8332 -u User -p pass -d 0 -s 7 -v 2-w 128

or

Mine balanceserver1.nmcbit.com directly.

or

use poclbm miner that stays connected to the right server.
---------------------------------------
I will fix this.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 08:07:12 PM

Is there something wrong with your delete worker button? It just sends me to a blank page.
I disabled it if you delete a worker with shares you do not get paid for those shares.  Once I fix that problem delete will work again.

Add a column in SQL "markedForDeletion" and set that to 1 if they hit delete, then the worker will still exist till the next block, once the shares are all paid out you run another script to just go down the users and actually delete them then. In the meantime if they're marked 1 then you can just hide them with a filter on the SQL "WHERE markedForDeletion != 1"?

I will put them in another table so the user can create the same miner name again It will be working by the end of the weekend.
Seraphim401

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 08:57:04 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2011, 11:15:44 PM by Seraphim401

The "Pro"s are not interested in helping.

If you run cgminer you have 2 options.
cgminer -o http://nmcbit.com:8332 -u User -p pass -d 0 -s 7 -v 2 -w 128

or

Mine balanceserver1.nmcbit.com directly.
---------------------------------------
I will fix this.
Seeing my stales decreasing already with the host you suggested.
So far I see no stales in guiminer,with the nmcbit.com host I saw stales appearing the moment I fired up my miners.
I will have a better view when the new round starts.
Thanks for your help dude. Smiley  

Update:Stales are way down now.Thanks again.

nodemaster

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 12:30:48 PM

How much blocks did you loose? I'm willing to refund. Just let me know how much NMC that was.
Did you scam me? I don't know for sure.

Check my stats and YOU decide how much you owe me if anything.

NEcNy1f8XuSN79dkA1JMcyVeZ2FeKHJ3JU

People can see your sincerity here...
http://explorer.dot-bit.org/a/NEcNy1f8XuSN79dkA1JMcyVeZ2FeKHJ3JU

Davincij. NO ONE scammed you. I'll try it to explain last time. We splitted the blockchain as outlined on: http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=308. We invited you in secrecy to attend the split in order to not let you mine on the wrong blockchain as soon as vinced announce the split. As we went into trouble everybody but you rolled back. Instead you started telling everybody about the still secret blockchain split. With this behaviour and with posting parts of the confidential IRC logs you pissed off a lot of people. And the next time such things happen a few people will think twice if it is possible to let you in on such plans and decisions (But hopefully it won't ever be nessecary again). I think you are an honest person but you just even didn't recognize these facts. Thus I thought it might be best to let you know.

With that said let's come to the point of refund:

I feel like the members of your pool should be paid for their hashing power. They all came to help when you asked them to and when NMC community was in desperate need for their help. Unfortunately we had been naive enough to imply that any pool operator would understand the fundamentals of running a mining pool und thus neglected to tell you in detail which steps you have to go through. For that reason I feel I owe something to your miners not to you. Nevertheless you are the only one with the possibility to find out how much it was and thus a last time I ask you:

1. Find out how many blocks you have mined on the wrong blockchain (I can't do that with the stats from your site!).
2. Tell me the value of the accumulated blocks and I'll transfer it.
3. Do the math for your miners as like you would have paid out these blocks (Just use the same algorithm between the found blocks for the shares they submitted).
4. Transfer their share to the miners in question.

If you still don't understand what I'm asking for please let me know.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 03:22:21 PM

Davincij. NO ONE scammed you.... As we went into trouble everybody but you rolled back. Instead you started telling everybody about the still secret blockchain split.

Please do not invite me to secret meetings I'm not a builderberg material.  I believe the truth can always be done in the open even if everyone thinks it's wrong because the truth is reality.

I digress because I can go off on a tangent... Smiley

With that said 533,484 shares where mined on the other block chain.  Just in case you did not know 50 / 94035.90217415 (the difficulty) is a good per share price.
nodemaster

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 06:13:33 PM

With that said 533,484 shares where mined on the other block chain.  Just in case you did not know 50 / 94035.90217415 (the difficulty) is a good per share price.

So you want to tell me you made about 5.7 blocks with your 40GHash/s handbrake pool on a blockchain which in total made 11 blocks, while one block was found by my pool and a "few" by a 2 THash/s pool? Roll Eyes Is it possible that while manually tinkering with the sources, because you didn't even know how to apply a patch you found a hidden accellerator by accident?  Grin Or are this all shares (including stales). As your pool constantly has > 20% stales I could imagine that this is the discrepancy. But nevermind I don't want to waste my time with you anymore. I think your good friend BitcoinEXpress was right, when he wrote the following on the NMC forum:

As someone with as limited knowledge as you have in MySQL, Linux and Pool operations I will simply overlook you as being frustrated.

Just make sure those coins are distributed to all your miners that didn't know about you being stupid enough going on mining on the wrong blockchain:

We'll watch closely if all those coins will leave the wallet from that address to their respective owners.

To DavinciJ15s miners: I'm sorry for littering this thread but the attitude of Davincij15 just pisses me off. I want to thank you all for your commitment mining on his pool when your help was needed desperately. I'm quite confident 283.65974466 NMC is much more than DavinciJ15s pool had mined on the wrong blockchain. But as it will be distributed to you I'm more than fine with it. Thank you very much again!
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:50:05 PM

NodeMaster,

I can tell you know that not all the NMC will or have to leave that wallet.

Davinci gave the miners a choice to mine NMC or BTC. So he would get a lot of miners to help him mine NMC even though they couldn't care less about NameCoins.

I personally choose for BTC which came out of his own pocket (even when we were mining on a fork of the original chain) so as far as I am concerned Davinci doesn't owe me any NMC. He can keep them to partially offset his BTC expense.

I hope that everyone can look past the misunderstandings and the animosity of the past week.

I can understand there has been a lot of stress, but I hope that the developers and the pool operators can come together and go forward and onward with merged mining !

Nebuluz

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:05:39 PM

NodeMaster,

Davinci gave the miners a choice to mine NMC or BTC. So he would get a lot of miners to help him mine NMC even though they couldn't care less about NameCoins.

I personally choose for BTC which came out of his own pocket (even when we were mining on a fork of the original chain) so as far as I am concerned Davinci doesn't owe me any NMC. He can keep them to partially offset his BTC expense.

I hope that everyone can look past the misunderstandings and the animosity of the past week.

I can understand there has been a lot of stress, but I hope that the developers and the pool operators can come together and go forward and onward with merged mining !

+1

Also about rejects/stales... There has been lots of trouble sometimes while mining, but right now i use the balance server and i only got 17 rejects in 10k+ shares... So it's not always that bad Smiley

nodemaster

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 07:09:05 PM

NodeMaster,

Thank you very much for this information DutchBrat and thank you very much for supporting the NMC community. I'm pretty sure DavinciJ15 will find a fair and very honest way to distribute all those coins to the miners. If someone like you don't want to get those coins then the other miners have their lucky day. He could pay them all a bit more. As DavinciJ15 always accentuated how honest he is I'm pretty sure there won't be any coin left on this address after the end of next week, right?
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:22:50 PM

Thank you very much for this information DutchBrat and thank you very much for supporting the NMC community. I'm pretty sure DavinciJ15 will find a fair and very honest way to distribute all those coins to the miners. If someone like you don't want to get those coins then the other miners have their lucky day. He could pay them all a bit more. As DavinciJ15 always accentuated how honest he is I'm pretty sure there won't be any coin left on this address after the end of next week, right?

I can't speak for Davinci of course, but I can vouch for his word. He has always paid for testing whatever he promised  Grin

And as he is paying BTC out of his own pockets to support NameCoin I don't think you have to worry

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 08:20:34 PM

Just make sure those coins are distributed to all your miners that didn't know about you being stupid enough going on mining on the wrong blockchain:

We'll watch closely if all those coins will leave the wallet from that address to their respective owners.

Those name coins are mine because I paid bitcoins for the hash rate and yes I was stupid but not stupid enough not to keep our conversation asking me to mine that block chain.  Grin I will keep that to myself for now, my stupidity did provide me with an education of who I need to keep very close to me, closer than my friends.  Smiley  I know who you and Slush really are, and what you two are all about and this is very valuable information.

Finally, I'm kindly asking you to refrain from call anyone including myself stupid or any other kind of unkind names.  If you are unable to do so please do it on your own thread.

Thank you

Davinci
(Why do I feel like I am back in high school)
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 08:24:22 PM

I can't speak for Davinci of course, but I can vouch for his word. He has always paid for testing whatever he promised  Grin

And as he is paying BTC out of his own pockets to support NameCoin I don't think you have to worry

Thank you for your kind words.
Seraphim401

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 09:13:26 PM

Those name coins are mine because I paid bitcoins for the hash rate and yes I was stupid but not stupid enough not to keep our conversation asking me to mine that block chain.  Grin I will keep that to myself for now, my stupidity did provide me with an education of who I need to keep very close to me, closer than my friends.  Smiley  I know who you and Slush really are, and what you two are all about and this is very valuable information.

Finally, I'm kindly asking you to refrain from call anyone including myself stupid or any other kind of unkind names.  If you are unable to do so please do it on your own thread.

Thank you

Davinci
(Why do I feel like I am back in high school)
Could someone explain what Slush has to with this? Huh

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 09:55:37 PM

Could someone explain what Slush has to with this? Huh

I guess I should have kept that under my hat but Slush was also involved so I believed them both.

I have a copy of our conversation but I will keep that safe and sound.  The experience was educational and it was good for me because I a trusting kind of person.  It's not their fault that I am a gullible guy that can be easily fooled.

However!

If you know anything about bitcoin network you would know it would take more than just one person with a bad nodes to be able to mine a bad block chain and I had 12 connections to other bad nodes. Also if my bad node connects to enough good nodes my client would stop working with an error, thus the opposite is also true.

With that said I'm sure anyone with an IQ higher than mine can figure what's really going on, also I don't want to accuse anyone of anything unless I have hard evidence.

Thus, NodeMasters story of a "misunderstanding" is he official story like the 9/11 report. Wink

Davinci
nodemaster

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 09:57:26 AM

Those name coins are mine

Just wanted to hear that. You are greedy like hell  Grin

I guess I should have kept that under my hat but Slush was also involved so I believed them both.

I have a copy of our conversation but I will keep that safe and sound.  The experience was educational and it was good for me because I a trusting kind of person.  It's not their fault that I am a gullible guy that can be easily fooled.

However!

If you know anything about bitcoin network you would know it would take more than just one person with a bad nodes to be able to mine a bad block chain and I had 12 connections to other bad nodes. Also if my bad node connects to enough good nodes my client would stop working with an error, thus the opposite is also true.

With that said I'm sure anyone with an IQ higher than mine can figure what's really going on, also I don't want to accuse anyone of anything unless I have hard evidence.

Thus, NodeMasters story of a "misunderstanding" is he official story like the 9/11 report. Wink

Haha! Please take your medicine  Grin
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 03:06:23 PM

Just wanted to hear that. You are greedy like hell  Grin

Do you even know what your talking about?

From the start of the threat DavinciJ15 stated he would PPS (IN BTC) at around 18-20% more than Deepbit's PPS payouy, EVEN ON INVALID blocks!

533,484 invalids from wrong block chain X .00003=16 BTC Paid out

283.65974466 X 0.0287 (Current market price of NMC to BTC) = 8.14 BTC

so as you can see the NMC does not need to be sent to any of his miners because for one, he was paying for the Invalids all along, and his why it was called "reimbursement" and 2 its not even a full reimbursement but what looked like a reasonable amount, you are the one who offered...

Unless there are posts in other threads i'm not aware of your the one coming off as a pompous asshole nodemaster.

And having dealt with DavinciJ15 since he opened this pool he is anything but "Greedy like Hell" he has given a lot of extra NMC/BTC to help him develop this pool and try and keep the NMC network from dying.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 03:57:15 PM

Just wanted to hear that. You are greedy like hell  Grin

One man's greed is another mans need to pay the bills and build something of value.

A man making $2 a day thinks all of us is greedy like hell.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:47:39 PM

Just wanted to hear that. You are greedy like hell  Grin

Do you even know what your talking about?

From the start of the threat DavinciJ15 stated he would PPS (IN BTC) at around 18-20% more than Deepbit's PPS payouy, EVEN ON INVALID blocks!

533,484 invalids from wrong block chain X .00003=16 BTC Paid out

283.65974466 X 0.0287 (Current market price of NMC to BTC) = 8.14 BTC

so as you can see the NMC does not need to be sent to any of his miners because for one, he was paying for the Invalids all along, and his why it was called "reimbursement" and 2 its not even a full reimbursement but what looked like a reasonable amount, you are the one who offered...

Unless there are posts in other threads i'm not aware of your the one coming off as a pompous asshole nodemaster.

And having dealt with DavinciJ15 since he opened this pool he is anything but "Greedy like Hell" he has given a lot of extra NMC/BTC to help him develop this pool and try and keep the NMC network from dying.

Thanks, I am incabable of determining if my actions are charitable to others since I do them to accomplish something else.  The Rothchild family use their wealth and power to accomplish a main goal but along the way they change the perception of what they are trying to accomplish to others as charity or humanitarian efforts. 

I would be a terrible Rothchild as I would just say I want a global tax to pay for the debts on a global currency that I control.  Smiley
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2011, 10:06:54 PM by DavinciJ15

Users can now delete workers.

Sorry for the delay in fixing this I needed to test merged mining and found some stunningly negative results.

It would appear I would need to recode pushpool to support merged mining or recode merged-mining-proxy to support pushpool.

HEY NODEMASTER!

Care to share some code with the public on merged mining for pools?  Since you are not greedy?  Wink
Sharing is caring my kids always say and you are working for the best interest of NMC right? Cheesy

It would seem this is false...
http://dot-bit.org/Merged_Mining
Can I use pushpoold?
Yes. nodemaster already did a quick test and it seems to work. Just point you pushpoold to a properly configured merged-mine-proxy instead of namecoind.

if you change this...
Code:

# rewrite returned 'target' to difficulty-1?
        "rpc.target.rewrite" : false,
for the pushpool settings you find blocks but the shares do not go to the DB and you cant just tell pushpool to log the shares as it's not keeping track of duplicates, stales and the rest of the reasons it may get rejected.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: