Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [20 gh] NMCBit pool 3% fee prop 6.6% PPS  (Read 63607 times)
kislam

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 03:19:54 PM

At the current difficulty, each share is worth 0.0000340554217934266 while you are paying 0.0000317852781277 per share. This is approximately 7% less. Then there is the 3% fee 'on all balance redemptions'. Does this mean you are charging 10% fee in total? I am not really accusing you or anything, but I sure would like a clarification...

Has anyone else checked this? Am I missing something?

1PMHA7hyqqbcCbjMfwvKT4xEZ81EYasJze

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 03:21:19 PM

At the current difficulty, each share is worth 0.0000340554217934266 while you are paying 0.0000317852781277 per share. This is approximately 7% less. Then there is the 3% fee 'on all balance redemptions'. Does this mean you are charging 10% fee in total? I am not really accusing you or anything, but I sure would like a clarification...

I already pointed this out lol its a 6.66% fee for pps and 3% tax for withdrawl, so yes 9.66% for PPS and 3% for prop.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
DavinciJ15 (OP)

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 03:30:53 PM

Yes, you are correct, I do this because anything less than 7% flat rate PPS is dangerous.  So yes it's a 10% fee on PPS once you add the 3% tax.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 03:32:16 PM

Difficulty change for NMC in a few hours.
kislam

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 05:49:39 PM

Yes, you are correct, I do this because anything less than 7% flat rate PPS is dangerous.  So yes it's a 10% fee on PPS once you add the 3% tax.

not that i don't appreciate all the hard work you're putting in, but what incentive do i have not to mine at eligius' pool instead of yours? they charge no fees and also have merged mining...

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 08:39:22 PM

not that i don't appreciate all the hard work you're putting in, but what incentive do i have not to mine at eligius' pool instead of yours? they charge no fees and also have merged mining...

That depends on your goals and desired output, m8. 

Wait forever for payouts or get it much quicker and pay a fee?
Merged mining that is working and paying out right now or MM that is implemented but has no stats, no way to gauge what you are earning?
Ability to cash in NMC instantly right on the website verse wait to send it to namecoind(once it is even getting sent), then send it to exchange then deicde how to sell it?
To support a pool and operator who was one of the pioneers to try and save Namecoin?  I am sure there are others, not to mention Luke-jr pointed out the most recent error that was patched.
Nice transaction history log showing all payouts, conversions, etc?  Twisted has done some nice work on the stats at Elig and I like the function and uniqueness of the reporting graphs.

If it was me in your spot I'd have to flip a coin because I think both OPs are great supporters of the community. I am not however, and have hash power at both pools but wanted to answer your question. =)

Cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 01:10:03 AM

messed something up on the web site fixing it if you are hashing that part is working just not the web.
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:56:59 AM

messed something up on the web site fixing it if you are hashing that part is working just not the web.
Yep, I was just going to check the miners, and realized the website is down.
But like he said, the hashing part is still working.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 03:10:32 AM

Yep, I was just going to check the miners, and realized the website is down.
But like he said, the hashing part is still working.

It's running now but I am trying to figure something out so it may go down for short while.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 03:18:23 AM

My pool has many features eligius does not and he has some that I do not have so at the end of the day choose a pool that meets you needs.  If no fee is what you are looking for then that's what you should go after it however nothing is free there are always hidden costs.

Anyhow if there is some feature you want or must have to join my pool please let me know and I will put in on a long list of requests.

FYI a large Asian miner wants to join my pool if I open a server for them in Asia so their request comes first. Smiley
kislam

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:12:04 AM

Merged mining that is working and paying out right now or MM that is implemented but has no stats, no way to gauge what you are earning?
Ability to cash in NMC instantly right on the website verse wait to send it to namecoind(once it is even getting sent), then send it to exchange then deicde how to sell it?
To support a pool and operator who was one of the pioneers to try and save Namecoin?  I am sure there are others, not to mention Luke-jr pointed out the most recent error that was patched.
Nice transaction history log showing all payouts, conversions, etc?  Twisted has done some nice work on the stats at Elig and I like the function and uniqueness of the reporting graphs.

If it was me in your spot I'd have to flip a coin because I think both OPs are great supporters of the community. I am not however, and have hash power at both pools but wanted to answer your question. =)

Cheers

Let me repeat - i most definitely appreciate all the work he is doing and all the contribution to the community. it is a matter of preference for everyone and there are no entry/exit barriers, so people can mine anywhere they like.

that said, i would like to mention my preference:

Wait forever for payouts or get it much quicker and pay a fee? --i don't mind waiting about 24 hours if it saves me 10 coins out of every 100 i earn.

merged mining that is working and being paid out - at least one other pool is doing this for 0% fee (simplecoin) and slush is doing it for 2% fee in their score-based system.

ability to cash out NMC instantly -- again it is a matter of preference. currently he is charging 5% fee if i compare it with going rate at bitparking.com -- i'd rather take the pain and save that 5% for myself

pioneering and supporting the namecoin community is highly commendable, for sure. i just wanted to put everything is perspective. it's a completely open market and everyone can mine wherever they want. just my two cents (in whichever currency you prefer  Wink)...

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 11:29:08 AM

To support a pool and operator who was one of the pioneers to try and save Namecoin?  I am sure there are others, not to mention Luke-jr pointed out the most recent error that was patched.
Nice transaction history log showing all payouts, conversions, etc?  Twisted has done some nice work on the stats at Elig and I like the function and uniqueness of the reporting graphs.

Cheers

Let me repeat - i most definitely appreciate all the work he is doing and all the contribution to the community. it is a matter of preference for everyone and there are no entry/exit barriers, so people can mine anywhere they like.

that said, i would like to mention my preference:

Wait forever for payouts or get it much quicker and pay a fee? --i don't mind waiting about 24 hours if it saves me 10 coins out of every 100 i earn.

merged mining that is working and being paid out - at least one other pool is doing this for 0% fee (simplecoin) and slush is doing it for 2% fee in their score-based system.

ability to cash out NMC instantly -- again it is a matter of preference. currently he is charging 5% fee if i compare it with going rate at bitparking.com -- i'd rather take the pain and save that 5% for myself

pioneering and supporting the namecoin community is highly commendable, for sure. i just wanted to put everything is perspective. it's a completely open market and everyone can mine wherever they want. just my two cents (in whichever currency you prefer  Wink)...

It would seem that maximizing your profit is your motivation, and there is nothing wrong with that, I am working very hard to maximze the profit of those that use NMCBIT.COM and that 3% PROP and 10% PPS helps me accomplish just that.

I don't know how hard people work on their web site so I will not comment however I was working until 2 am and got up at 5 am to continue working on it.

My dedication to this is beyond what you can imagine as I have studied the monetary system and it's history and I know things I can not speak about without going over the historical context, repeated examples and banker documented confessions.  To put a gauge on my motivation I would say consider the motivation of a house slave who has everything except freedom and has decided he would rather die than live another day as a slave.

That is my level of conviction to bitcoin and NMCBIT.com

Thanks for taking the time to consider my pool and discussing it with me and the subscribers of this thread, you could silently gone to another pool and would not have gotten a chance to provide by 2 BTC cents.  Smiley

Best Regards

Davinci
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 12:14:26 PM

I am a big BTCG supporter....but out of curiosity, I decided to give NMCBIT a try.

What I can say is that initially, I see a few more stales than I am used to (still only around 1%, compared to my 0.35% average on BTCG)
.....but hoping to see if Merged Mining can make up for it, since you xchange it (NMC) onsite - so it's a no loose deal Wink

This is ofcourse all within the first hour, so I will let approx 4gh/s go for 24hrs and see how things go.

Great job on the pool by the way.
Allan

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 12:33:36 PM

I am a big BTCG supporter....but out of curiosity, I decided to give NMCBIT a try.

What I can say is that initially, I see a few more stales than I am used to (still only around 1%, compared to my 0.35% average on BTCG)
.....but hoping to see if Merged Mining can make up for it, since you xchange it (NMC) onsite - so it's a no loose deal Wink

This is ofcourse all within the first hour, so I will let approx 4gh/s go for 24hrs and see how things go.

Allan

The stales are caused because I've been switching servers on the DNS.  I think I have made the last change for the day so your stales should drop.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 12:39:35 PM

Allan

The stales are caused because I've been switching servers on the DNS.  I think I have made the last change for the day so your stales should drop.

That's good to know because I am currently running @ over 6.5% stales......lol

I actually dropped my scan time down to 20secs (from 60 default in CGMiner) to help...and it did. Can I go back to default ?

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 01:13:49 PM

Allan

The stales are caused because I've been switching servers on the DNS.  I think I have made the last change for the day so your stales should drop.

That's good to know because I am currently running @ over 6.5% stales......lol

I actually dropped my scan time down to 20secs (from 60 default in CGMiner) to help...and it did. Can I go back to default ?

Yes move it back to default. I will not change the IP to another server unless PSJ crashes and it's looking good.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:20:43 PM

I'm still fightin' high stales.... still over 5% and climbing.

I have gone 200+ stales per 4,000 shares........I don't get it.

It's not like I am doing anything different from BTCG.....

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 01:27:53 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2011, 01:47:28 PM by DavinciJ15

CGMiner gets stuck with the last IP address reboot the miner computer and that should clear it up.

I have to go do that for my servers as well 7% stales crazy.

EDIT:
Rebooting worked for me. My rejects are going down.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:42:35 PM

CGMiner gets stuck with the last IP address reboot the miner computer and that should clear it up.
Rebooted miners, rebooted router/cleared DNS cache, power cycled cable modem....... and no significant change and stale rate climbing once again.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:42:54 PM

I'm still fightin' high stales.... still over 5% and climbing.

I have gone 200+ stales per 4,000 shares........I don't get it.

It's not like I am doing anything different from BTCG.....

You are wayyy overdue for a cgminer restart at the least. And a reboot as Davinci suggested.  If reboot don't correct it check your traceroute to pool.

Not sure if mine have switched, my pc is pinging what I assume is the new ip but I have not restarted the miners.  I'm up to about 1.4% stales from a usualy .5%  Longest connected miner is at 36 stales out of 10k shares or about .2% over a ~2 day period.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: