Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:29:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: After a Bad Sell  (Read 3737 times)
chibimanau

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:01:33 AM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

I usually sell 70-80% to breakeven, then retain the profit. The amount of profits I usually set high prices, given that it does not affect my psychology.
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:28:35 AM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

This how trading works, you can never predict the absolute top nor can you predict the absolute bottom.  In order to limit the damage from these kinds of situations you could only sell a portion of your coins at certain price points just in case they keep rising, or you could do partial buys if you think it could keep dropping.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:39:27 AM

One main rule if you loss a lot or earn a lot do not need to open new position right now to get more profit because you will need a time to decide how to acting better or you will loss profit.
beccer

Activity: 159
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:15:26 AM

you should be careful in trading because this not only requires skill but also good luck, find altcoin is really good and you like and try to trade there
karnwillbit

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:57:09 AM

sorry mate, nothing we can do to undo it, wait for the next boom maybe
Exactly, what is done cannot be undone. This is the reality of human life. We don’t have the power to change our past. If it was ever possible then all of us would have become angels by now with correcting our mistakes from travelling into the past. This is the reason why it is advised to show care while making decision about the digital asset. These are not weak coins or cheap assets.
Mateo123

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:45:19 AM

Well, it already happened, just take it as a learning experience, thats the reality here its not your time yet,not only you who encountered that situation but almost who are getting in crypto,observe your trading strategy being used and be wise, not only good and better strategy but make sure you are using your best strategy in trading.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:57:46 AM

All of this could be analized on Technical Analysis by reading the current situation of such coin. Golem and BCH is on Tradingview so TA won't be a problem, maybe you just sold it earlier than it is supposed to be but the thing is when you already got profits and locked it then I think this is not a bad trade.
hatsoff2btc

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:01:20 AM

Not being clairvoyant here, although with all seriousness,  I would suggest, from you two past sad experiences, that you don't sell each time you have the urge to sell. It should serve as a warning sign to you.
It means that you have no patience to hold your bitcoin for some time. One of my friends also loses about 100000k in selling and buying. The reason is that he sold for less and buys for more. When the price was 20k he didn’t sell his bitcoin but when the price came down to 6k he sold his holdings. He lost about 14k against one bitcoin. You should sell your bitcoin only when you need the money.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:34:31 AM

So what should I tell you? Eehm, I just think you should invest that money back in there, that’s the only thing you can do. Invest it back and wait for it to go more high.

Don’t put in extra money on the one you’ve got, just invest back the exact amount of money you’ve withdrawn, no matter the current rate and then you will be able to make profit as the price rate continues to go up. That’s the best thin you can do right now.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:57:04 AM

you should be careful in trading because this not only requires skill but also good luck, find altcoin is really good and you like and try to trade there
Let's say that you become very careful the time that your doing your trading but it happened that it's not your lucky day and you'd still get lose, it only means that in anything we do we should still have faith and courage and believe that everyday is our lucky day. Yes it's true that in a perfect trading skills and knowledge are not only the necessary action but luck too.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:57:29 AM

I think that's been a very common move, after the price fell and collapsed very deeply it's definitely the price will do a bounce upwards and it could be instantly "to the moon" and become very expensive, as did bitcoin when last year.
Jambolb2

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:50:24 PM

How do you deal with this?
You'll regret a bit, that's natural. Just look on the brighter side and be satisfied since you're not at a loss. You sold it for a small profit, what's good with that is you still got profit. Smiley

Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?
Diverse the sell order next time. That way, when you sold some, you can buy again when the price got lower and you still have pending sell orders when the price goes up more.

You know what, you'll feel the same if the situation goes the other way round. When you did not sell at that price then it suddenly goes down again. The price when you sold might not be best, but it's still good. It's always a good thing when you got profit (regardless if it's big or small) imo. So don't really consider it a bad sell.
One should not sell his holdings when the price is on the way down. It is your money and don’t be panic about your holdings. By holding your bitcoin it is not become less, and with the passage of time the price will increase as it is in these days. You will definitely make more money if you hold your bitcoins for some more time. Patience needed for this.
magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:31:04 PM

Every after a bad sell of course youbwill have a bad vibes but you must never let that bad vibes drive you away from what is your strategy. If you cannot handle the loss them have a break because if you trade with that kind of feeling you will end up losing. But if you.manage to get up that fast forget that and think what went wrong why did.you lose in that trade and them learn from that mistakes and never do it again and you will built a startegy from that loss you have there
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:57:10 PM

That's life, you can't expect that everything will happen as you want it to be. The best thing you could do is to move on with that bad sell. I can't say learn from that mistake because honestly, we will never know when will be a good or bad time to sell, we just hope that luck will be on our side. I've also experienced a bad sell and it is really hard at first because you always think of the coin like "what if I held a little longer". Anyways, in time you will forget about those regrets pal.
deddod

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:58:44 PM

I've had a situation like that, Maybe it's because I'm not an expert in trading and lack of knowledge in predicting the market.
Make it all as a very valuable experience, hopefully in the future you will benefit greatly.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:08:23 PM

I feel you mate, I was like that as well, I remember selling bitcoin before December last year ending up feeling depress seeing the value rise to high,
time will tell if how long you will deal with such wrong decisions, but it will also gives you enough courage to hold and patiently wait instead of selling
with small gains, that mistake will give you a good insight of building good strategy if you are determine not to fall with the same mistake again, allow
yourself to cope up and come back with much better goals.
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:39:43 PM

yes indeed it is not easy to overcome the panic when prices fall especially for the beginner but everyone can make a mistake but we should make it as a lesson to be carefully and more patience, so as not to repeat the same mistake because experience is the best teacher.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:16:15 PM

That is the reason why holding is always suggested in trading. Bitcoin is volatile and it is normal to have it's value changing because it is a part of it's changes. What we need to do is to learn to cope up with these changes. Losses are normal here so if you really want to have a better profit, better wait for the perfect timing.
SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Swipe!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:33:59 PM

When market grow it's the most difficult time to sell at the right point because any time the correction may come. Patience is everything here.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:36:57 PM

yes indeed it is not easy to overcome the panic when prices fall especially for the beginner but everyone can make a mistake but we should make it as a lesson to be carefully and more patience, so as not to repeat the same mistake because experience is the best teacher.
Once we do experience a particular mistake we would eventually learn after that and we do already have idea on next move we would take in short we do already have the experience on such situation therefore we are already fully aware on next action if we encounter again such scenarios.Market is very unpredictable that's why its normal for us to commit errors yet theres no perfect trader after all no matter how good you are you will surely face loses.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: