Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:56:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: After a Bad Sell  (Read 3735 times)
Pa1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:43:42 PM

In these days , i have a problem with bad sell. I dont know what to do . I just feeling regret, but i have to used to I think. This is the crypto world.

w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:49:27 PM

There are no successful traders who have never had a bad sell, it's part of the game.
You deal with it and continue business as usual.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:51:24 PM

Honestly there is nothing you can do about it. You can expect yourself to sell your coin when its value is at its highest and the next day it should fall or stabilize. That happens with almost all the investors. We cannot know that whether the price will rise tomorrow. I know by nature we are greedy and it really hurts when you see the price rising when you sold your investments. But you should be satisfies if you have earned substantial profits. This is just because of the big FOMO that we get when we see any cryptocurrency going up the chart. So it only gets improved with experience. The more time you spend in market more you will come to know about when to sell.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:27:17 PM

Just a piece of advice my friend - take out FOMOs from your system ha ha! I mean if you had missed out an opportunity for a bigger profit then you just have to deal with it. The important thing is you didn't sell losses... Keep in mind - profit is profit, no matter how small that is.

The best advise is the first reply in the tread. Do not sell all... do it gradually.
Apparently, if he has a strategy of selling or trading the market generally, he should just stick to it.
If he is looking out to take advantage of the huge FOMOs, then he should be considering some long term holding and trading and not the day or short term trading.

No one can know when a market can get pumped, but the best is never to get greedy as long as you have made some good profit, otherwise, unless he wants to start considering new strategies.
ADEMNL

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:53:59 AM

You just need to invest in long. Buy the vending tokens, place them on a reliable cold wallet and wait a few months until their price grows.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:26:39 AM

If you're looking to lock-in profit, only sell some of your bag, not all of it.  Hold some just in case there's lots more upside.

Also, selling at the start of Altseason probably wasn't the greatest of moves.  I think it's going to be mostly green for at least 6 months now.
olya_n

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:38:51 AM

What I can suggest you avoid this situation is to sell partial quantity and keep some then you can get a chance to sell at higher if prices go again high.

Also, if you have made already enough profit from your investment then we shouldn't worry about these things because we can't always time the market. Now you need to find other good coins to invest and make more profit.

I absolutely agree with you. You can either sell part of your coins, or later on the dump again to buy them off (I do so). And I never regret the lost profit, because if today I'm not lucky, tomorrow will be lucky! You have to be optimistic!
sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:41:30 AM

set the desired target and do not rush. If you have a target price so be it just follow, either up or down later after the sale then let alone. do not be too obsessed to greedy because later will not produce something useful.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:45:57 AM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

The only thing I can advise is to be a keen observer in all the tokens or coins that you are holding.
This will enable you to know how long you should hold, sell and buy back if needed. Pay close attention
to the community, the road map, and the way the developers do their job or fulfill promises. And most
of all, do not let your emotions cloud your decisions. Have a strict plan you can follow and stick with it.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:01:29 AM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

It happens to most of us. I wouldnt lose sleep over it. Trust your gut, and move on.
Mr.Gun

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:28:52 AM

Maybe yes sometimes when selling altcoin at a low price after selling your altcoin sometimes altcoin prices rise then of  that many people who lose big profits because the rush to sell altcoin you have because at that time altcoin prices have increased slightly

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:30:05 AM

Don't worry yourself too much about sales like these because they happen to everyone in the market all the time and this would probably not be the last time it will happen to you. There is no way to tell when the best time is to sell so when it is a good price for you is actually when you should sell your coins. Price changes are normal and you can just buy back in when the price goes down again.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
$anounimus$

Activity: 1750
Merit: 294

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:21:58 AM

when experiencing the worst sales at this time some coins have experienced price increases and I think the price increase is very reasonable and very profitable if you can use it to buy when the price is very cheap you are now able to attract huge profits.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Cilorku

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:35:59 AM

I do not think there's anything you can do about it as it happens, even though you might be able to prevent it from happening. Maybe a little more patient in the future. my advice stops thinking so much about it because sometimes you just have to take action and not compare your trade with others because the comparison is a thief of joy, thankful for what has happened that is what you get is a blessing, and rest assured there is still plenty of time upcoming.  Wink
bizarro

Activity: 291

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:38:09 AM

I would try to remember, that this is only digits on a screen, money is the most renewable resource so go on working.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 09:41:24 AM

Never happened to me personally, except maybe in the very early days back in 2013. I've just learned to hold, plus I always buy right after crashes.
I'm also not day trading, I don't mind holding on to coins for +1 year. Once you start doing that you'll only sell when you have a profit.

I'm sure that a lot of people sold most of their assets when the big crash happened after NY.
I'm still holding onto coins from the years before, so selling would be incredibly stupid since I was still looking at a profit, even when the prices hit their lowest point.

Semen89

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:47:20 AM

In this market there is everything so I do not advise you to be disappointed you just get the experience that will be useful to you in the future, it is normal to make mistakes, I also had such situations
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

If this happen, i would wait another dip. You need to be more patient. I also have done several times this mistake. Don't sell except if you are making profits. Try to buy at the best price. But it is really hard to know what is the best price.
Dreamlandzoom

Activity: 414
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:01:06 AM

This happens frequently and I don’t have much problems with this as long as I still profit. There are ways to protect yourself from this in a way. Sometimes you can sell only half of your investment and see how the price will change. Or if you already have good profit, but still hope for more then you can sell on amount equal to your investments in Ether or BTC. The “profit” tokens just keep
ekdahlswart

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:08:06 AM

Do not be in a hurry, just wait for big profits. If this happen do not be discouraged, maybe you are not lucky. Just try again and avoid the same mistakes with learn from that mistake.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: