Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:15:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: After a Bad Sell  (Read 3741 times)
deepali01

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:13:10 AM

what I do is that I take a reverse approach as yours towards trading altcoins. it is not an uncommon approach and in fact one of the crucial steps to a successful trade. what I do is that I make a "good buy" instead of a "good sell".
this means buying at a good time when you know there is a rise on the way or there is potential for it. I guess you can say at the heart of it, this is all about timing. when you buy some altcoin at a good time you will only experience its rise and make the profit instead of waiting around for the rise that may never come and sell too soon or even worse sell at a big loss Smiley Smiley
kalama164

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:54:09 PM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?
If you sold without leaving "-", then you are a great boy, because you have not lost anything, I have had this many times and I did not lose heart. Interesting topic, thank you.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:56:12 PM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

It only means that the volatility of the market is unpredictable and that is the reason why your experience is really important in order to become very successful in the future.

crypto228

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:13:36 PM

If you have already sold, then you just have to put up with the losses. In general, if you are poorly versed in trading and fundamental analysis, I would advise you not to sell your coins, but simply buy and hold
Omnopon)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:17:02 PM

For me, this happens quite often, because you should not rush to sell coins. Now I'm more thoughtful of making such decisions.
Cryptoboss255

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 06:18:39 PM

As we all know, that crypto is voilitale , it requires a lot of patience

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:09:13 AM

I think you need an experienced mentor. The crypt itself is difficult, especially for beginners. But if there is a familiar experienced trader, then ask for advice.
susutao81

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:35:00 AM

I could suggest you to avoid this situations is to sell partial quantity, and keep some with you, then you can get a chance to sell at higher price
paulsen

Activity: 232
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:41:41 AM

It will become a good lesson and experience, for me whenever we sell them as long as its gives us profit do not regret anything. Because you would never know when the price going to.
bornMercurial

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:44:44 AM

Personally, I think, nothing stops you to buy or sell. I want to buy do as soon as possible because sometime the price will definitely rise again. I do not think there is nothing you can do with it as it has already happened, although you might be able to prevent it from happening. Maybe you should be more patient if it happens like this.

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:47:50 AM

I've done that before, I know how you feel.

What you need to do is start running some hardcore numbers.

Calculate the percentage gain you could have gotten by looking at it's short term high.

Look at the spread (the average over the days it is pumping).
Then come up with the number and amount of time that represents the optimal selling point.

Then, next time set your sell point for that number you came up with.

Also, take into consideration if the market is bearish or bullish.

If it is bullish, you can breathe easier because there should be enough volume to buy and sell some more to eventually get the amount you want.
In a bearish market, you should really stick to numbers and data.

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:51:43 AM

First of all need to concentrate for prevent future bad sells.
All peoples make mistakes this is usual situation, have experience from that

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:13:01 AM

this happens to me quite a lot also. this is because cryptocurrency is speculative and really unpredictable. or maybe I just lack research of the coins I m selling. That is why it's important to look at the intangible things behind the coins so will have an idea if it is going to dump or pump.
spaso_87

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:18:45 AM

Maybe a few weeks ago the price of altcoin is a little greenish and so now the price of altcoin is declining because the market is also declining so I'm sure by the end of 2018 it will be good and back to it all, and for now it's better we wait and hold altcoin you until time back stable
lucky9999

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:21:35 AM

This is the normal thing that I have experienced. Decided to accept and learn from experience
koralan

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:22:46 AM

I think when you join the electronic money market, you are ready to accept all possible situations. If I were, I would not sell all that I would hold a third. After a while, the part I kept could give me income and maybe it cost me money but not all.
faranisa

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:23:59 AM

Do not regret anything, its good when you sell them in profit. What if you need to cutloss them, so be thankful and consider it as a experience because no one could ever know when the price going to.
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:30:53 AM

everyone makes these mistakes. and there's nothing you can do about it. it is impossible to predict when there will be growth or fall.
maybe we can make a conclusion, which will be able to know the profit to be earned or lost. you can monitor price movements and if you buy at that time then that should be done to sell when the price exceeds the purchase price it will get a profit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
demitazh

Activity: 168

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:31:51 AM

if you always experience something like that, I advise you to sell 50% coin and hold 50%, so when the price goes up you still keep selling the remaining 50% of the coin for sale

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
briana samomingkir

Activity: 350
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:59:59 AM

Keep in mind your main reason for selling the coins, if your main reason is that you really need money right then, I do not think you need to regret it. Because you sell it also get good feedback, the burden of your needs becomes lighter and your bill can be completed on time. I always instill in myself to never sell all my coins, I always put them aside a little. it is to anticipate when things happen better at the time after I make a sale, then I can still get the benefits. I think you also need to implement a system like me.

◌▬▬◌ CRYPTOXYGEN | A Crypto Exchange Integrated In Hardware Thomson Computing ◌▬▬◌
ICO IS LIVE NOW‼ ▬◌ Visit : www.cryptoxygen.io
[/center
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: