Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:26:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Diversify Investments  (Read 4070 times)
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:45:06 AM

Usually they recommend you to diversify your investment, so you avoid losses.

But as a real approach, having $1.5k, would you invest in how many cryptocurrencies ?

What if I invest little by little, only in Bitcoin, would that work as well ?

This is what I tell most newbie investors to diversify their investments in cryptocurrencies. Now, there burden is to look, observe, and research about the cryptocurrency that they would want to invest on as it requires extensive patience to look for the right investment. Bitcoin, as the reigning cryptocurrency in the market and at the price, should be their priority when it comes to choosing. Ripple and Ethereum are also good choices as they have shown positive results over the past few months.

If you invest $1,500, you will gain 0.16 btc (I used the current price of bitcoin which is $9,300). Assuming that after a month, the price of bitcoin increased up to $11,000, your investment of $1,500 will gain at least $300 of profit. This is all assuming that you withdrew and exchanged your coins back to dollars. Now, think if you acquired 1 bitcoin during its $9300- now that's a profit!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:17:43 AM

But as a real approach, having $1.5k, would you invest in how many cryptocurrencies ?

You cannot avoid losses even you diversify your portfolio. There are certain instances that you may buy coins and decided to hodl it for a long term and you bought it around 300$ and yet few months later it is now shitcoin. That is why it is very significant to classify coins. Diversified portfolio will surely lessen the loss, but we have to be diligent enough in making investment plan.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:23:36 AM

Well, if you were to ask me. Then i wouldn't invest everything in bitcoin or even invest on it little by little. What i would recommend is to invest on bitcoin like half of your money. Then maybe 40 percent on another strong coin, maybe Ethereum, Litecoin or others. You could spread that 40 percent on multiple coins. Last 10 percent for icos or strong and cheap upcoming coins. The tyoe on coin where you can buy 100 coins for a dollar or something.

Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:58:17 PM

Diversity is the other way in helping us to conquer the difficulties we encounter in this field. Diversity is can be very useful when we experiencing long run of down fall. It is use for securing purposes to our investment. For example if you are invested in let we say 3 different coins and then one day the one or two of them are not survive and it's really goes in decreasing so much until all your investment there are already loss. But in the other hand, there are the 1 kind of coin that still in the right track and produce better value, so it can gives you a profit and maybe your loss investment in the 2 other kinds of coin can be recover and that is the purpose of diversity so most of the people usually do this way.   
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:21:36 PM

If you know well what you are doing, don't diversify invest in only the one you believe they will give a better profit, you don't need to buy btc, eth ripple as they are top coins.

zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:38:40 PM

My investment strategy is!

When the market is bad, invest in BTC or ETH to make money!

When the market is hot, you can invest in multiple altcoins to double the profits!
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:59:38 PM

I still believe in diversifying my investments. Its not all the time a coin will rise. So its good to know one of your coins is going up while the others are low. But if you have them all together in one coin for example bitcoin and bitcoin goes down and you need to withdraw your money, you are forced to sell at low. So it pays to have different coins.

Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:41:56 PM

you can choose to risk your money by investing in altcoins, which means you must be willing to lose almost all your money because altcoins can even fall to more than 80% of your value if something goes wrong, or you choose to invest in bitcoin for long-term, which will give you more security and comfort in the future. Diversify is very good, but you run a lot of risks if you invest in projects that are not good, my advice is that you just stay in bitcoin

That way, you have to be smart and choose wisely with what coins you have to diversify your investment. Look for the coins that has potential to grow in the market and never lose its value to avoid lose of investment. It needs more patient of waiting for long time holding to be sure on the profit. It is more good to diversify your money with the real asset which can cost high in the near future like buying land where you can build new business.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:48:49 PM

this is one of the biggest mistakes that newbies are making these days because the media is mostly advertising them into making this mistake. and that is buying many altcoins thinking they are diversifying. but in reality they are not!

when you want to diversify you need to buy things are not connected to each other. for example invest in different things so that if one day one of your investments went down overnight your total portfolio doesn't take a hit because only one went down while others stayed up.

in cryptocurrency market everything is connected to bitcoin. if it goes down everything else goes down with it so why would you buy others and hold on to them?

There is a FOMO brewing...
Tigorss

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:01:52 PM

So, place your funds in several types of investment instruments. Diversify. Place your eggs in several baskets. Because if one of your investments falls, you still have an investment basket reserve elsewhere, whose expectations can sustain your overall investment to avoid falling in value as a whole.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:05:24 PM

The number of cryptocurrencies you can actual invest in with that amount will vary, being their are some coins that are 1/10th even 1/1000th of a cent. The best bet is for you to research the market on the best cryptocurrencies you can find, before throwing any ha4d earned savings away.
     Take your time, don't just research crypto, research the economy, investigate the factors that surround cryptocurrencies theirselves, factors that may, or may not cause price fluctuations in the market, like checking the news and media for updates on projects, regulations, sanctions, etc.

mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:46:41 PM

So, place your funds in several types of investment instruments. Diversify. Place your eggs in several baskets. Because if one of your investments falls, you still have an investment basket reserve elsewhere, whose expectations can sustain your overall investment to avoid falling in value as a whole.
This is good when investing into cryptocurrency as many said don't put your eggs in one basket. At any events we must be observant on the flow of bitcoin and other altcoins you were investing if where it will be heading. Always put money management that in the end point you know your risks in cryptocurrency so diversifying is best advice.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:00:33 PM

This is good when investing into cryptocurrency as many said don't put your eggs in one basket. At any events we must be observant on the flow of bitcoin and other altcoins you were investing if where it will be heading. Always put money management that in the end point you know your risks in cryptocurrency so diversifying is best advice.
Diversifying is protection for investors. If one investment fail, he is safe on another place. All in is when you have one investment with all your money, if it fails you are doomed. Don`t keep all eggs in one basket, don`t keep all your money on one place. With diversifying you don`t only protect parts of your capital, you have more chances for having one extraordinary investment that will bring a lot of money. You never know which cryptocurrency will rise x1000 in next couple years, with 1,000$ it`s better to have 5 coins, each 200$ worth then just one 1,000$ worth.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dbigfoot102

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:01:02 PM

The investments you place should depend on your personal and financial limitations. If you want to have greater gain then the bigger should your capital be. In this case when you have 1.5K$ and would want to create a diversified approach on buying coins, consider transaction fees because when you do without consideration you will lose a lot even if the fees are small still it does matter. And of course don't forget to sell higher than the buying price plus the tx fees as mentioned as a reference.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:01:17 PM

When it comes to the amount diversification in the bitcoin against the altcoins then off course more weightage must be given to the BTC. Like I woudl put at least 50% in the BTC alone and if then whatever is left will put into the altcoins. Mostly people choose the ETH as best choice after the BTC and they are not wrong I believe. Furthermore we can break down the portfolio into rest alts as you would like to have them. I will never put my money into the ICO;s or if the coins are not yet listed on an exchanger.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 04:26:44 PM

Well, in my opinion, you can diversify with two methods. First, one is dividing the entire capital into 10 or 20 smaller parts and investing each part in different coin, this is called capital based diversification of the investment. On the other hand, you can invest the same 10 or 20 parts in Bitcoin or any other coin at a frequent interval of time. This is called time-based diversification of the investment or the systematic investment plan. I am a great fan of both the methods.
Birdiebig

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:07:13 PM

Depending on your ability, awareness and judgment. But I advise you to master an analytical chart for a coin type first in order to master the trading pair. Before you have the experience and sensitivity of charts and growth data for each type / trading pair. You can do other things easily and do not spend a lot of time tracking.
Investing in a bitcoin-saving way is the way I still use it and feel effective. Just you patience to find the moment of the market is suitable to buy and keep bitcoin. It is safe to make profits.
bizarro

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:15:13 PM

Its up to you, maybe spend some time researching about top alternative currencies projects, and invest also there.
almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:53:41 PM

it all depends on you if you want to get multiple benefits I suggest playing with lots of crytocurrency or by investing in altcoin. Because if you are investing in a coin that is again entered in the market then you will get a cheap price then you choose the method of trading long profit or short profit. Both methods have distinct advantages
normensky012

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:18:18 PM

I have invested my $1500 into 30 different digital assets, tokens and cryptocurrencies. And seek for long term approach. I chose thos who will have a network effect or growth, important use cases and it's market potential of course.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: