Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Diversify Investments  (Read 4070 times)
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:35:24 AM

Diversifying in the same domain is of no use..
Like if you investing some money in btc then don't invest in crypto but try some in metals..
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:41:36 AM

Usually they recommend you to diversify your investment, so you avoid losses.

But as a real approach, having $1.5k, would you invest in how many cryptocurrencies ?

What if I invest little by little, only in Bitcoin, would that work as well ?

I think investment diversification really needs to be needed. diversification is a diversification of investment types. so I think this can reduce risk. and now there are many good altcoins that can be an investment reference. like EOS, Ripple and NEO I think those coins in the future can develop. so you should divide your capital into two parts. $ 800 we buy bitcoin and the rest we use to buy altcoins. when bitcoin goes down you will still have altcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
believe in BTC

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:46:29 AM

With such money, it is better to find decent altcoins and invest in them. With the help of altcoins, you can quickly make a profit and improve your skills in investing in the cryptocurrency sphere.
Better find good coin and when it already earned enough to do business better do so especially if you have some skills to do business with. Diversify in crypto and real investments.
Not so quickly. They do give profits but since the market is down right now, it might take some good time for them to recover back and advance profits. But yes diversification does reduce risk and enhance profits.
hiameneven

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:38:35 AM

It is always good to diversify the portfolio of investment in other to widen the chances of making good returns. When you invest in several coins, definitely, one or two of them will become success and meet its expectation.
This is a rational behavior of every investor because the more your quest for the profits, the more would you diversify the investment to get the purpose oriented output. This is one best thing they like about the diversification and is preferred over only one asset.
onirecon2018

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:09:29 PM

I usually use the 6: 2: 2 rule for my investment, 60% of which is long-term investment (6 months - 1 year), 20% medium term investment (1-3 months), 20% Surfing by market.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:20:17 PM

I for one believes that in one Crypto investment Bitcoin should made up of atleast 40% and Altcoins plus ICO 40% and 20% in Tether or other stable coins. I think we need to look at diveristy outside of Crypto also because what I have seen now is that there is no safe haven for Altcoins when BTC is bleeding seriously, it is not that Altcoins have lost much in BTC value but BTC is the one that brought them all down in the last 7 days
eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:43:15 PM

I for one believes that in one Crypto investment Bitcoin should made up of atleast 40% and Altcoins plus ICO 40% and 20% in Tether or other stable coins. I think we need to look at diveristy outside of Crypto also because what I have seen now is that there is no safe haven for Altcoins when BTC is bleeding seriously, it is not that Altcoins have lost much in BTC value but BTC is the one that brought them all down in the last 7 days
I am not sure about Tether, they are not enough transparent and I think that it is matter of time when Tether will colapse, also I think that there is better stable coin choices for example DAI.
Tether maybe, but in short term.

BTC
Femhab

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:35:35 PM

One of the best approaches to minimize loss in investment is diversifying portfolio. If I am to invest the $1.5k I will not invest all on a coin, 40% on BTC because it is low volatile, 20% each on other 3 coins with utility and cheap price. This other 3 coins can be from personal research with all in aim of minimizing loss.

UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:49:58 PM

One of the best approaches to minimize loss in investment is diversifying portfolio. If I am to invest the $1.5k I will not invest all on a coin, 40% on BTC because it is low volatile, 20% each on other 3 coins with utility and cheap price. This other 3 coins can be from personal research with all in aim of minimizing loss.
Diversifying portfolio should not be just diversifying cryptocurrency portfolio, but it is good start. After that, if you have more money to invest than you should look into stocks and commodities.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:19:42 PM

If you have assets worth just $1K or $2K, what is the point in diversifying? If you diversify too much, then you will be left with insignificant holdings from a large number of coins and that is going to be very difficult to manage.
Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:05:19 AM

reduction in risk != rise in profit; it means safety, nothing more - nothing less.
Yes, even though it reduces the risk but it doesn't mean you can freely get the profit. Because, it just minimizes the risk like you said. It looks dumb when someone said that you can get profit without no risk, in reality that's really bullshit.

Correct, if you do things right you will be capable of reducing your risk by buying several different coins but somehow some people think that the only thing that they need to earn a huge amount of money is to just buy many coins and anyone that has tried that strategy in the past can tell you that it doesn't work, besides I'm not so sure how much diversification can help when most coins move in a way very similar to bitcoin.
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:32:00 AM

Diversifying investment in crypto is a smart way of increasing your chances of making more profit at the end of the day. It becomes quite risky when an investor enter a single portfolio. What happens if that project turns out to be unsuccessful? This is why is is good to study several projects and invest in many of them.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:43:20 AM

Diversifying your investment on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is such a good idea for making profit and committing losses. Maybe 50 percent in your investment in bitcoin and the other 50 in top 5 other cryptos.
Bitcoin always get big allocation in our investment in cryptocurrency, as major cryptocurrency bitcoin has biggest market capitalization.and make its price eassy to recovered when it down.
Thats why you should allocate more in bitcoin, to reduce the risks that exist, but not always the price of bitcoin always wins in price changes, like yesterday, the price of bitcoin dropped dramatically while some coins were not too shaky with yesterday's price conditions, so adjust the capital with coins else you have
primejia

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:18:27 AM

But as a real approach, having $1.5k, would you invest in how many cryptocurrencies ?

if we are still unsure of the price of bitcoin in the future, indeed , we should gradually build up, because trading without the confidence to profit in the future is tantamount to plunging into the abyss , so infestation in bitcoin is gradually a smart move to get fortunately without the possibility of losing a lot.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:33:20 AM

Work or not an investment depends on your analysis and strategy, you want to invest a lot at the same time or investment from little by little if you do not have knowledge on the investment then it is not work. $1.5k I think it's not enough if you invest only in bitcoin, in my opinion it actually makes your profits smaller because the value of bitcoin and bitcoin fluctuations is relatively slow from altcoin, but if you choose a small risk then bitcoin is the best thing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:04:30 AM

Work or not an investment depends on your analysis and strategy, you want to invest a lot at the same time or investment from little by little if you do not have knowledge on the investment then it is not work. $1.5k I think it's not enough if you invest only in bitcoin, in my opinion it actually makes your profits smaller because the value of bitcoin and bitcoin fluctuations is relatively slow from altcoin, but if you choose a small risk then bitcoin is the best thing.
Its not good to put all your money in one investment its better if you divided by two or three. But make sure you put it to those crypto that have potential or find coin to invest that can give tou good profit. So diversify investment is really good to do especially if you have choosen asset to invest. But if you have only one invest coin then its better to not put all your money to it, just enough amount only, so the risk is also lower.
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 03:41:30 AM

always invest in better projects and promising projects that have some advantage, such as currencies that give you interest, or some monthly income or something like that, or that you receive dividends like Decred, ARK etc, to research at least 20 currencies and invest in better, good luck!
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:05:41 PM

No, I don't see it working well. It is best you invest the $1.5k on at least five different currencies. That is the true meaning of diversification.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:14:45 PM

Diversification of investments is one good strategy that the investors do. This strategy lessen the risk of loosing all of your money. However, dividing your investment will lessen the concentration of your coin in the investment, thus decreasing the profit you can possibly gain. This only means that there are advantages and disadvantages that we need to consider and weigh in for us to be able to invest in good hands. The analyzation of cryptocurrency situation is very important and depends upon the current standing of the cryptocurrency in a particular matter of time. But personally, a smart and wise move would be a calculated-risk taking, and that is investing in different coins like ETH, EOS, and Alt-coins. Hence, our assurance regarding the security of our coins will be in high probability.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:39:04 PM

Bitcoin is still the best cryptocurrency for you to invest your money. The risk is far higher in my opinion if you invest your money in other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is by far more established than any cryptocurrency and has stood the test of time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: