Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:29:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Shut Up Bitcoin Haters  (Read 1833 times)
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:25:39 AM

Dispelling Some of the Most Common Arguments Against Crypto

Once in a while, every crypto-enthusiast will run into somebody who is skeptical of the industry altogether. People like this usually have never invested before, or did once but lost their money. As somebody who cares about the field of cryptocurrency and has invested several times in the past, it can be mind-numbing and frustrating to hear the opinions of people who have only ever read headlines and soundbites regarding the topic.

Make note, it is reasonable to be skeptical of cryptocurrency and present some well-researched arguments against them, but the people being referred to here are those that know very little about the industry and have no noticeable desire to get acquainted with it.

Here are some of the most common arguments you will hear against cryptocurrency (either from people you know or from news outlets) and some simple responses to them.

“Cryptocurrency is a pyramid scheme.”
Occasionally, I will run into a person who claims that cryptocurrency (or more specifically bitcoin) is a pyramid scheme and that only those who were first to the market will be able to make a reasonable profit from it.

While it is true that the earliest adopters of coins like bitcoin and ether have seen the most significant increases in their profits – this does not make it a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are structured so that subordinate investors must pay or hand over a percentage of earnings to a higher level investor. This is not the case with cryptocurrency— if you head to an exchange to buy a coin, it is possible you will be buying from somebody who is at the same level as you (i.e., they invested around the same time you did). This is not possible with pyramid schemes since the only way to make money is to recruit new members. With cryptocurrency, you can trade and exchange with new or old investors. Also note, the main aim of cryptocurrency is not necessarily to get new investors since the price of a coin does not exactly rise due to adoption. Positive news regarding programming updates, partnerships, and new features can also just as quickly raise the price of a coin.

“Cryptocurrency is only used to buy drugs and launder money.”
This statement is commonly used by media outlets as a way to discredit the entire industry and the technology behind it. The best way to refute this statement is to briefly explain the nature of the blockchain and the sheer level of transparency that cryptocurrency offers. Most people who do not know anything about the industry get the impression that using this currency automatically masks your identity and your movements.

Explain to them that most coins have a global database of transactions which can freely be viewed by anybody. This, alone, is enough to discourage people from laundering money and purchasing illicit substances since law enforcement, the IRS, and other government bodies can track purchases with more ease than fiat.

“There is no underlying. value”
This is a half-truth. While cryptocurrency does not rest its value on assets like gold or land, it instead derives value from its developers and its code. Arguably, this is similar to how legal tender derives its value from its government and laws. Similar to how a decision or press conference from the President can affect the price of USD, an announcement from a lead developer can affect the price of Litecoin.

“It is too late to make money.”
I have personally found this argument to be said by people who only know of one cryptocurrency: bitcoin. Generally, the easiest way to open their mind is to show them that CoinMarketCap actually lists over 1500 coins and tokens. Of course, only a fraction of them are worth investment, but it proves that the industry is expansive.

New coins and tokens are constantly entering the market, many of which shoot up in price significantly after a while. One coin that has not had a long history, but is valued highly, is Nano. The coin only came into existence in early 2017, but in the space of a little over a year it has risen to the 28th spot. The main reason for this is the team it has and the technology it runs on. Finding a new coin with a great set of programmers and impressive code can be one way of making money in the industry. Of course, it is not the only way. The much larger coins like bitcoin, ether, and monero are still considered good investments now— this is because people still think the technology is undervalued. If that is the case, then it certainly is not too late to make money.

Originally published at cryptodisrupt.com

Do not do anything at all. Nevermind them. Be consistent with what you are doing with bitcoin. Earn more and they will eventually see your success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:31:03 AM

You need not deal with such ones with physical speech just let your investment speak for so,that will help them see that you are do every well with what they hate so much.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:46:08 PM

Show them your money or profits from bitcoin and that will become the reason for them to shut up and that is what i did to the people that keep telling me that bitcoin is a scam and i should stay away from it so i just cashed out my profit in bitcoin and i showed them the copy of my transaction and they didn't say anything because it is a proof that they cannot denied.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:55:50 PM

I think the best thing to do is explain it to people who judge the Crypto Currency. It is not bad for us to defend it, but this is our source of livelihood. So let's explain them well and if you look at it you've given all the best you have no problem because we are not affected by what they say.
veridical

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:03:40 AM

I believe that haters do not need to pay attention. Time will pass, and they will understand that they were not right and without such a coin as bitcoin is nowhere to go. Undecided
Ilegendph

Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 11:11:33 AM

I believe that there is no way that you can totally shut up those haters just let them regret what they are doing in the future. And also, they can help to make less people go into bitcoin that wants to be rich instantly.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
neo444

Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

The best way to shut up bitcoin haters is show these haters the high profits can makes by bitcoin also show them the proof of payment by bitcoin
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:45:06 PM

Once in a while, every crypto-enthusiast will run into somebody who is skeptical of the industry altogether. People like this usually have never invested before, or did once but lost their money. As somebody who cares about the field of cryptocurrency and has invested several times in the past, it can be mind-numbing and frustrating to hear the opinions of people who have only ever read headlines and soundbites regarding the topic.

Make note, it is reasonable to be skeptical of cryptocurrency and present some well-researched arguments against them, but the people being referred to here are those that know very little about the industry and have no noticeable desire to get acquainted with it.

Here are some of the most common arguments you will hear against cryptocurrency (either from people you know or from news outlets) and some simple responses to them.

Occasionally, I will run into a person who claims that cryptocurrency (or more specifically bitcoin) is a pyramid scheme and that only those who were first to the market will be able to make a reasonable profit from it.

While it is true that the earliest adopters of coins like bitcoin and ether have seen the most significant increases in their profits – this does not make it a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are structured so that subordinate investors must pay or hand over a percentage of earnings to a higher level investor. This is not the case with cryptocurrency— if you head to an exchange to buy a coin, it is possible you will be buying from somebody who is at the same level as you (i.e., they invested around the same time you did). This is not possible with pyramid schemes since the only way to make money is to recruit new members. With cryptocurrency, you can trade and exchange with new or old investors. Also note, the main aim of cryptocurrency is not necessarily to get new investors since the price of a coin does not exactly rise due to adoption. Positive news regarding programming updates, partnerships, and new features can also just as quickly raise the price of a coin.

This statement is commonly used by media outlets as a way to discredit the entire industry and the technology behind it. The best way to refute this statement is to briefly explain the nature of the blockchain and the sheer level of transparency that cryptocurrency offers. Most people who do not know anything about the industry get the impression that using this currency automatically masks your identity and your movements.

Explain to them that most coins have a global database of transactions which can freely be viewed by anybody. This, alone, is enough to discourage people from laundering money and purchasing illicit substances since law enforcement, the IRS, and other government bodies can track purchases with more ease than fiat.

This is a half-truth. While cryptocurrency does not rest its value on assets like gold or land, it instead derives value from its developers and its code. Arguably, this is similar to how legal tender derives its value from its government and laws. Similar to how a decision or press conference from the President can affect the price of USD, an announcement from a lead developer can affect the price of Litecoin.

I have personally found this argument to be said by people who only know of one cryptocurrency: bitcoin. Generally, the easiest way to open their mind is to show them that CoinMarketCap actually lists over 1500 coins and tokens. Of course, only a fraction of them are worth investment, but it proves that the industry is expansive.

New coins and tokens are constantly entering the market, many of which shoot up in price significantly after a while. One coin that has not had a long history, but is valued highly, is Nano. The coin only came into existence in early 2017, but in the space of a little over a year it has risen to the 28th spot. The main reason for this is the team it has and the technology it runs on. Finding a new coin with a great set of programmers and impressive code can be one way of making money in the industry. Of course, it is not the only way. The much larger coins like bitcoin, ether, and monero are still considered good investments now— this is because people still think the technology is undervalued. If that is the case, then it certainly is not too late to make money.

For the losers they will say late and late, as we know that the biggest factor of the haters is they do not get big profits because they are always afraid to invest, I'm sure humans like them will never be happy to see bitcoin prices go up and just expect the price down but they never buying.
Rayver26

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:49:29 PM

Just know Bitcoin this year, in this short time of period I encountered so many haters and negative comments about Bitcoin. First, I'm concerned about their thoughts of Bitcoin. As days passed by while learning and gaining knowledge about Bitcoin, I realized how pitiful those haters of Bitcoin. I think the best way to shut their mouth is to show them that we are earnings in Bitcoin. Anyway if we can, don't mind them. Let's focus in Bitcoin and be profitable.
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:58:27 PM

well i don't really mind what they say about it or in short just let them talk, we cannot force them to believe or even force them about your ideas about crypto, besides it really isn't a big deal to us even if they throw rude comments or any bad feedbacks about crypto, we could not also blame them, it is their own perspective and understanding. let us just mind our own business, besides eventually when it will be popular they will come at you asking how you do it and how you have it  Wink.
potatocorner

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:09:45 PM

Why would I even try? They're just burdens I am not willing to carry on my shoulders. I don't wanna be stressed out because of these people. They're not my responsibility anyways. The only way they'll shut up is if they try the system for themselves and find out that it works, or show them proof that I am actually earning here. It's as simple as that.

Exactly my point. You won't waste time and efforts for those who won't appreciate it and will ignore it anyway. Instead of listening to their endleas rants, just do something more productive in the crypto world and help other users to understand more about cryptocurrencies, especially newbies.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i_iz_vins

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:23:12 PM

I think the best way to shut up bitcoin haters is to prove that you are earning on bitcoin. When I was starting at bitcoin, there are a lot of negative comments from my friends and they were always telling me to be cautious. Only a few of them supported me and those people are investing on bitcoin as well. They are earning enough money for their needs and they never regret investing on bitcoin even if the price goes up and down.
I guess it is better to also shut your mouth when you are being judged by haters. You will just become stressed if you mind them. What if you failed on your career in bitcoin, then they will have more things to say. So I think the ideal way to deal with them is to shut up and let them eat what they said.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:26:13 PM

The only way that we can shut up the haters is not by fear or by being aggresive but by being able to make a revolution and a change via the right way. And to me personally the right way is for us to have a much more better communication channel with the low levels first which for this would mean the everyday persons that we encounter in our lifr and the if either a friend or a peer. From there it can be a ripple effect until we just kight be able to ignite that change
A7373

Activity: 602
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:30:45 PM

I think that these losers will soon be silent themselves when bitcoin starts his new pump Wink! At the same time, many loosers have already bought bitcoin and calm themselves such interesting way.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:28:32 PM

Doing a lot of talking just to slam bitcoin's haters ain't gonna help. We must put some action to our investment and show them what are the results of investing in bitcoin or in other cryptos. you can also talk about bitcoin with your social media and reality friends for them to be encouraged in investing in bitcoin and to reduce the unemployment rate.

It is a waste of time. Do not do it - it is absolutely useless. You should better concentrate on your Bitcoins. Mine, trade, invest - all of these actions will bring you much more profit than arguing with BTC haters.
jerjer

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:35:14 PM

Let them hate, and lets focus our minds to earn bitcoin. Haters mindset are always negative. We as open minded people may be a very successful in the future but haters are still haters at that time .

chrsjrcj

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:52:58 PM

Just do nothing, over time they will realize that they were very wrong! Just imagine that they do not understand the value and power of bitcoin. You immediately feel better)
Thomas petersen

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:42:16 PM

Let them hate it until you show them how much you have earned with bitcoin. They will study themselves, maybe will try some bitcoin and eventually realize how great this digital currency is. I know many people who never believed in such thing and later they become bitcoin lover.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:12:43 PM

Dont thinking to much about haters,it will be a waste of time, do the best you can in the world of crypto and a moment without you have to explain how important and beneficial bitcoin then by itself the haters will never regret in his entire life
PETMALU11

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:16:36 PM

Be positive for what make yourself happy and dont be bother for someone who cannot believe it in Bitcoin. We cannot change other mind to believe just pursue your dreams to make it grow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: