Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Weexchange issue] The fall of Ukyo III - Updates and references  (Read 49953 times)
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:32:02 PM

"Dear Lawyer,

I've got to tell you something about BASIC-MINING, LABCOIN, ACTIVEMINING and WeExchange.

(...)

Sincerely,

Screwed up bag holder"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:42:00 PM

Do you think there are any chance to recover the funds, or is the whole thing yet another scam?

The announcement of Neo&Bee's involvement would not make sense if it was a scam.
They wouldn't help Ukyo if they figured out it was a scam. And if they were involved in the scam in the first place they wouldn't have announced their involvement.

The announcement makes perfect sense as a stall tactic.  It has already paid off -- Ukyo is in Cyprus, hangin' with Danny.
If it is not a stall tactic, making an announcement "we can't tell you anything 'coz law" makes absolutely no sense.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

[…] would not make sense if it was a scam.
That was said about pretty much every scam ever.

Right... but NEOBEE have their own Business. Helping a scammer for no good reason would hurt their own business badly. Might be they dont have a clue about what really is going on but im pretty sure they are cautious and checked before they jumped in. I mean i wouldnt risk my business so easily.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:14:53 PM

Right... but NEOBEE have their own Business. Helping a scammer for no good reason would hurt their own business badly. Might be they dont have a clue about what really is going on but im pretty sure they are cautious and checked before they jumped in. I mean i wouldnt risk my business so easily.

But as i understand it's not NEOBEE who jumped in.. it's just a single person who is working for NEOBEE...
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:44:53 PM

But as i understand it's not NEOBEE who jumped in.. it's just a single person who is working for NEOBEE...

As for most BTC related projects at this stage.

Google, Apple and Microsoft started with 2, AFAIK Cheesy

If only they had the same success...
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:47:26 PM

Really? I read it from the start that NEOBEE is helping. The announcement from NEOBEE sounded so too. I might be wrong though.

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:53:53 PM

It's Neo & Bee and they have 30+ people working for them, not just one or two Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348468.msg3732068#msg3732068

Neo & Bee has agreed to take an active role in ensuring this situation gets resolved.
WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:07:15 PM

Everyone at Neo & Bee are now involved in this resolution process.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:22:11 PM

Does that include the janitor?
crumbs

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:30:45 PM

The whole thing was his idea.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 02:39:53 AM

still no news from Ukyo....

just checked WEx...still in Processing mode. sucks.

Date    2013-11-17 16:12:00
Transaction ID    Dnb5QQvKN1tWbR7kULACDrdK89heQn6K
Type    Withdraw
Debit    2.06771160 BTC
Credit    
Fee    0.00000000 BTC
BTC Transaction    
Status    Processing

moribana

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:56:17 PM

Your statement is based on the assumption and Neo & Bee want to run a legit business. Unfortunately there is no hard evidence for that.
crumbs

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:02:11 PM

Apparently not.  Turns out NO ONE at Neo & Bee is involved.
From Danny* himself :
When I say no monetary cost, then NO ONE who works for Neo & Bee is involved, then I mean just that.

*he uses his name on this forum
 Undecided
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

Your statement is based on the assumption and Neo & Bee want to run a legit business. Unfortunately there is no hard evidence for that.

Even if they were scam you need some kind of scammer honor to protect other scammers. Thats not existing. Except you think its a conspiracy.

But im already at the stage of giving up. I cant being angry anymore. Ill wait and at some point i will use an lawyer. Till now i think theres a chance they work on it.

Apparently not.  Turns out NO ONE at Neo & Bee is involved.
From Danny* himself :
When I say no monetary cost, then NO ONE who works for Neo & Bee is involved, then I mean just that.

Undecided

It can be read as no employee is working for ukyo. So no employee costs are used. That doesnt have to mean the NEOBEE-Heads.

crumbs

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:11:38 PM

From Danny* himself :

Undecided

It can be read as no employee is working for ukyo. So no employee costs are used. That doesnt have to mean the NEOBEE-Heads.

Not sure i understand.  How are you reading these two statements:

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 10:42:16 PM

From Danny* himself :

Undecided

Yes, it contradicts each other somehow. I only try to find an explaination. The last sentence might mean no paid users are involved so its no cost for NEOBEE and the first sentence might mean they want to say that NEOBEE is fully behind this now. Something like that. But the sentences are strange for sure...

WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:48:06 PM

I'm sure it is just a matter of the definition of "involved".

My guess is that the employees of Neo&Bee are working on the Neo&Bee stuff and not working specifically on the solution to the weex issue.
Jon and Danny are most likely working in Neo&Bee's building which means that the employees are available to help.

The people I have at Neo and Bee are available to me for advice, ideas  in their free time. Also every contact I have are available to me.

Being available to advice makes them "kind of" involved.

Edit:
Reading Danny's quote again makes me think he only meant that they aren't involved in the sense that they aren't getting paid to help.
crumbs

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:03:12 PM

I'm sure it is just a matter of the definition of "involved".

My guess is that the employees of Neo&Bee are working on the Neo&Bee stuff and not working specifically on the solution to the weex issue.
Jon and Danny are most likely working in Neo&Bee's building which means that the employees are available to help.

The people I have at Neo and Bee are available to me for advice, ideas  in their free time. Also every contact I have are available to me.

Being available to advice makes them "kind of" involved.

Edit:
Reading Danny's quote again makes me think he only meant that they aren't involved in the sense that they aren't getting paid to help.

Danny made a public statement that Neo & Bee was involved in resolving this thing.  Then he stated that it is not, only he, Danny, an individual, is involved.  This is an entirely different can of beans.

If N&B was involved, it could be held accountable for any wrongdoing as a corporation, with all of its assets exposed.
If it's only Danny, then the corporate money is off limits here -- we're just dealing with a private individual.
You can see how a person might feel more secure knowing that a large corporation is behind a promise, as opposed to only its CEO.
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:43:37 PM

Basically, all I want to know is: when will we be able to withdraw from WeExchange.

Simple question that needs a simple answer...
Regenmacher

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:22:45 AM

when bitcoin is <250$ maybe  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: