Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:42:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28090 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:50:25 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 01:08:51 PM by Bicknellski

yeah, that last, I'd be careful with that, there are only temperature sensors in certain places on the board, flipping the fans may lower readings on the sensors, but other areas of the board may not get sufficient cooling. lots of threads.  The long term effect is unknown.

Just scraping the surface... can only imagine how many people just sold the problem on to someone else.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:54:38 AM

butterfly labs jalapeno 7gh stopped working after a week

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1qmbg7/butterfly_labs_jalapeno_7gh_stopped_working_after/

Same thread.

Mine just blew last night. I woke up to a dead computer room, and after testing individual devices, I found it was the BFL miner PSU that was shorting my circuit. So, ignore the people saying it's faulty apartment wiring: my house is brand new.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:25:53 PM

Just one more way bfl is fucking over customers. Lots of us paid for the upgrade to 7GH. Than they gave it to just about everyone, paid for our not. The only 5 GH units apparently had bad chips. You got lucky. So enjoy using your free upgrade to help make the one I paid for less valuable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1r7la0/finally_got_my_2_jalapenos_from_bfl_but_they_seem/cdkf3sf
Gotta quote this one for posterity!  Epic fail Bick... the guy bought 2 Jalapenos that were... wait for it... running TOO FAST!  Damn dude, read!

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:41:26 PM

Just one more way bfl is fucking over customers. Lots of us paid for the upgrade to 7GH. Than they gave it to just about everyone, paid for our not. The only 5 GH units apparently had bad chips. You got lucky. So enjoy using your free upgrade to help make the one I paid for less valuable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1r7la0/finally_got_my_2_jalapenos_from_bfl_but_they_seem/cdkf3sf

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:41:51 PM

After waiting since January I finally received a defective product. I just want to warn anyone that is considering purchasing their product. Incorrect shipping estimates, poor communication, bad quality control. They've have basically screwed up every step of the way. I'm looking forward to working with their support :/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1l52ql/i_finally_received_my_bfl_jalapeno_today_and_its/

Later in the thread another customer:

I got a bum unit too. Seems they don't test them before they send them...

And later still another customer:

Defective how? Just curious. I received a jalapeno with a loose heatsink -- one of the two screws was stripped, so it was at an angle, didn't touch one of the chips, AND stuck up into the fan, so it made a racket and that's how I knew something as wrong. I guess it could have passed testing, then broke loose during shipping... dunno. Anyhow, it's no excuse for the poor quality, but it was a fixable problem, and it's hashing away fine now -- better than losing time on the refund / exchange.

Nearer the end another customer:

Our Jalapeno was dead-on-arrival too. Emailed them twice. Its been ten days, still no response.
At this rate, it won't even be worth spending the money to ship the unit back to them for a replacement, because it won't earn the shipping costs back.

I am never, EVER buying hardware from BFL again.

A few more customers near the bottom:

I received 2 of my miners and one of them seems faulty too. It hashes with 30% error rate.
I won't order from BFL ever again.

I also Received a 60GHZ miner and the PSU lasted 3 mintues hashing well ... then it died. Now what?

Same. It ran for three seconds then the power brick blew up.
I have a severe case of buyers' remorse now (on top of the ~6mo late delivery)

The PSU on my 60GHZ Fried itself after 3 Minutes .. Is it possible to buy a PSU and Plug it in Huh

What is that about 5 or 6 different people with the same issues?

Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:47:13 AM

Wow, out of 45,000 units shipped, you managed to find... wait for it... 12 failures.

Now, I don't claim to be a math whiz or anything, but... I'm gonna say the failure rate is quite acceptable.

Lets be generous and say you found 1/100th of the actual failures, so that means there would be 1200 failures... a whopping... wait for it... 2.6% failure rate.

Holy hell batman!  Stop the presses!

The whole piss off customers to get attention tactic is past it's time. Find another line of work if you can't handle negative comments. Also, stop shipping units that are clearly under performing.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:06:26 AM

Wow, out of 45,000 units shipped, you managed to find... wait for it... 12 failures.

Now, I don't claim to be a math whiz or anything, but... I'm gonna say the failure rate is quite acceptable.

Lets be generous and say you found 1/100th of the actual failures, so that means there would be 1200 failures... a whopping... wait for it... 2.6% failure rate.

The whole piss off customers to get attention tactic is past it's time. Find another line of work if you can't handle negative comments. Also, stop shipping units that are clearly under performing.

I can handle them just fine.  But it does boggle my mind when people need to lie, and do it habitually like Darin Bicknell (Fairly sure he's pathological), when there are so many legitimate grievances.  Truly mind boggling.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:24:49 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 12:32:55 PM by Bicknellski

I guess we are hitting the right nerve here finally something to get his attention off the phony rosy picture that BFL being the market leader. Failure is a part of every phase of a BFL project. Tape Out on the Monarch? Happened yet? No? Go figure.  

Seems like someone is getting a little fixated again on attacking people rather than providing any substantiated evidence to point to them actually rectifying the issues in any systematic way. Their future production won't be any better given all these concerns posted by real paying customers, particularly with shoddy assembly and weak ineffectual customer service. You don't get these kind of responses in these numbers if you have put out a reliable product. There units are not reliable based on these few samples picked out. Can't imagine the size of the iceberg.

At what point do we even considering anything this guy is saying considering all the false and failed promises he has made? The whole community is witness to this and there is now nowhere he can hide. Deflecting the focus off BFL and your failings won't trick more people into buying BFL at least those that read these forums.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:31:01 AM

But it does boggle my mind when people need to lie, and do it habitually like Darin Bicknell (Fairly sure he's pathological), when there are so many legitimate grievances.  Truly mind boggling.

Dude, your entire career at Butterfly Labs has been one big lie from the day you started. How any legitimate company has a COO like yourself is a testament to your manipulation skills.

Let's hope you win some advertising space this auction !

*hugs and cuddles*
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:36:15 AM

I can handle them just fine.  But it does boggle my mind when people need to lie, and do it habitually like Darin Bicknell (Fairly sure he's pathological), when there are so many legitimate grievances.  Truly mind boggling.

You can bet I'll buy miners from Bicknellski before BFL  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:42:46 AM

You can bet I'll buy miners from Bicknellski before BFL  Grin

Me too.

beaconpcguru

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Hello

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:47:48 AM

And the serious drop in hashrate before shipping each batch never occurred that everyone has received used hardware.... Oh well...
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:57:45 PM

And the serious drop in hashrate before shipping each batch never occurred that everyone has received used hardware.... Oh well...

/me waits for Josh "Inaba" Zerlan, Chief Operating Officer of Butterfly Labs, walking-and-talking sub-human-shit, the most unethical, vile, and detestable creature I have ever come to learn of, and quite possibly the worlds worst public-facing Chief Operating Officer ever in the history of "legitimate companies", to claim that you are full of shit, a miserable lying troll, and full of lies for speculating about this.

We all know Butterfly Labs would NEVER, EVER mine with your hardware before sending it out to you. We all know they mine on the testnet when they are "burning in" YOUR preordered products...

... you know ... come to think of it, if it's taken them *THIS LONG* to "burn in" and resolve their backlog of products, you'd think they'd have their production processes down to a science and create some high-quality gear, but if anecdotes on these forums are to believed, some of the "high quality product" they are pumping out of their factories appears to have been assembled by twelve year-olds.

I'm sure the statistically miniscule number of reports we are reading about Butterfly Labs' products being faulty, defective, or sub-par is in NO WAY indicative of a pattern.

Josh Zerlan says so. I, for one, believe him.

</s>
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:19:26 PM

Ok, an update, you need to replace the thermal pad with thermal grease... the chips are completely leveled, at least on my machine, 10 degrees difference!!!

You just can't get quality assembly like that just anywhere you get that at BFL... nothing like having to do your own heat sink paste. Is this a DIY kit or a production model? Fuck me what an abortion.

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

You just can't get quality assembly like that just anywhere you get that at BFL... nothing like having to do your own heat sink paste. Is this a DIY kit or a production model? Fuck me what an abortion.
Yep, that's how thermal pads look when you take a sink off, unknown to you? So besides not knowing or caring to actually understand the relevance or even follow ups of posts you say come from buyers with failing units from which you, how conveniently, only post snippets of text without showing links to the topics you copy/paste from, there are several posts clearly from people that post the same in multiple threads which you present as separate cases. Even after people "fix" their units at the spot after being told how to, or even complain as a joke that their unit runs not as advertised, as in "too fast", you think to have a case. Bickfailsky should be a better qualification after all your ill efforts so far.

"Bicknellski
Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!" 

That explains a lot...

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:59:53 PM

I thought this thread was just a repository of data for users experiencing problems.  In the interest of making the thread of use I will report that I milled the output plate of my full single yesterday so It has a full fan shaped hole.  It is certainly running cooler.  The input fan used to run all the time and now it throttles in and out.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:03:16 PM

But it does boggle my mind when people need to lie, and do it habitually like Darin Bicknell (Fairly sure he's pathological), when there are so many legitimate grievances.  Truly mind boggling.

They say a liar never believes anyone else...  Your track record with the truth (or lack of it) speaks for itself dude.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 08:21:03 PM

They say a liar never believes anyone else...  Your track record with the truth (or lack of it) speaks for itself dude.

You, like several others, make this claim... but you, like all others have yet to provide a single shred of evidence that I've lied anywhere.  But go on, please post a link to where I've lied, lets see it.  My prediction:

You will huff and puff and make all sorts of wild claims, but you will never actually produce a link that contains a lie by me.  There are plenty of links with lies by Bicknellski and crew, but those are easy to find, since 90% of what Darin M. Bicknell posts is a lie.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:42:07 PM

You, like several others, make this claim... but you, like all others have yet to provide a single shred of evidence that I've lied anywhere.  But go on, please post a link to where I've lied, lets see it. 

Ooh can I play ?!!? How about you lying about every single missed shipping and production estimate ?

Oh shit, I'm sorry dude, those aren't lies... I keep forgetting you refer to these as mistakes... That you keep consistently making... Over and over again...
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:25:34 PM

You, like several others, make this claim... but you, like all others have yet to provide a single shred of evidence that I've lied anywhere.  But go on, please post a link to where I've lied, lets see it. 

Ooh can I play ?!!? How about you lying about every single missed shipping and production estimate ?

Oh shit, I'm sorry dude, those aren't lies... I keep forgetting you refer to these as mistakes... That you keep consistently making... Over and over again...

Cheesy  Touche!!!!!!!!   Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: