Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28090 times)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4371

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:27:10 PM

2 weeks Josh, we'll come up with a list of examples in 2 weeks.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:30:31 PM

2 weeks™ Josh, we'll come up wit a list of examples in 2 weeks™.

You forgot the ™,FTFY  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:10:00 PM

You, like several others, make this claim... but you, like all others have yet to provide a single shred of evidence that I've lied anywhere.  But go on, please post a link to where I've lied, lets see it.  

Ooh can I play ?!!? How about you lying about every single missed shipping and production estimate ?

Oh shit, I'm sorry dude, those aren't lies... I keep forgetting you refer to these as mistakes... That you keep consistently making... Over and over again...

*mic drop*

There simply is no comeback to this.  There is NO WAY those shipping estimates were made in good faith.  To continue to pretend they were is just insulting.

I need to apologize for being a dick to you earlier this year, Xtian01.  I simply didn't know what we were up against.  He fooled me.  I'm sorry.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:19:30 PM

he fooled a lot of us henchman, don't feel bad, I was a supporter of BFL for the longest time

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:44:10 PM

You can bet I'll buy miners from Bicknellski before BFL  Grin

I wouldn't buy from either at this point...  Shocked

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:57:19 PM

You, like several others, make this claim... but you, like all others have yet to provide a single shred of evidence that I've lied anywhere.  But go on, please post a link to where I've lied, lets see it.  My prediction:

Sounds like a fun game to play. I'll start it off.

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?
Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

Buy & Hold
Douchee_bag

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:09:03 PM

My little winkie twinky is also an under performer, well that is what my boyfriend always says.

My urologist says there is nothing he can do for my little jalapeno unit.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:53:26 AM

You can bet I'll buy miners from Bicknellski before BFL  Grin

I wouldn't buy from either at this point...  Shocked

Well,he refunded all in his GB when Avalon failed to deliver.I never would have got a refund from BFL......I paid in BTC,so I was stuck  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:13:07 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 02:56:47 AM by Bicknellski

I thought this thread was just a repository of data for users experiencing problems.  In the interest of making the thread of use I will report that I milled the output plate of my full single yesterday so It has a full fan shaped hole.  It is certainly running cooler.  The input fan used to run all the time and now it throttles in and out.

That is the intention...

Help and informative to those who might want to know, not only the long list of problems, but also the solutions that the customers have come up with to resolve these many design and assembly mishaps ON THEIR OWN. I hope it can be valuable in two ways. 1. warn off people from BFL in future 2. Get the most out of the units for those who have them before they become obsolete.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:32:56 AM

I thought this thread was just a repository of data for users experiencing problems.  In the interest of making the thread of use I will report that I milled the output plate of my full single yesterday so It has a full fan shaped hole.  It is certainly running cooler.  The input fan used to run all the time and now it throttles in and out.

So just get rid of the restriction on the output side? Are you going to mill out the input side?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:03:44 AM

I thought this thread was just a repository of data for users experiencing problems.  In the interest of making the thread of use I will report that I milled the output plate of my full single yesterday so It has a full fan shaped hole.  It is certainly running cooler.  The input fan used to run all the time and now it throttles in and out.

So just get rid of the restriction on the output side? Are you going to mill out the input side?

No, but only because there is a cat here and I fear her tail getting sucked in the input side, or some loose bit of debris large enough to jam the fan.  The thermal pads used by BFL seem quite thick in the pics I have seen, I may refit with closer tolerance pads, I am also considering better 92mm fans to cut down on the howling noise.

If I find a 120mm chrome wire grill I may mill the input plate.

G code for the fan cut to anyone who wants it.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:38:24 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347378.0

Why must they replace the fans? Is a mod or just because the original fans are crap?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:41:59 AM

More evidence to support some 'wonky' heat sink pads from BFL

Re: Normal / Safe Operating Temperatures for BFL Gear?

I reflashed a Jalepeno. Before flashing, it ran around 43c, hashing ~5.2GHz. After flashing AND removing the outer case and applying new thermal paste, it rarely goes over 37c, hashing ~8.3Ghz.

Environment (before and after flashing) = 20c, 45% RH, with a 6" fan blowing towards the Jalepeno.

It was badly pasted?

Damn slackers at butterfly!!!

SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:41:24 PM

More evidence to support some 'wonky' heat sink pads from BFL

I reflashed a Jalepeno. Before flashing, it ran around 43c, hashing ~5.2GHz. After flashing AND removing the outer case and applying new thermal paste, it rarely goes over 37c, hashing ~8.3Ghz.

Environment (before and after flashing) = 20c, 45% RH, with a 6" fan blowing towards the Jalepeno.
Evidence??? Only for a next fail of the BICKFAILSKI,
Before flashing, it ran around 43c, hashing ~5.2GHz. I'll forgive him the GHz, but he actually said the unit is perfect within specs.
After flashing AND removing the outer case Hey! He removed the outer case and it ran cooler! Surprise? Only for a Bickfailski of course.
applying new thermal paste OMG! He applied thermal paste! Of course he did, to flash a jalapeno you have to remove the sink, and what do you have to do after that? Apply a thermal conductive again, duhhh!
with a 6" fan blowing towards the Jalepeno. How crappy, BFL doesn't stick an extra 6" fan in the box to cool their perfectly within range operating Jalapeno!

It was badly pasted?
Damn slackers at butterfly!!!
Question. No answer. Let's conclude! Fail.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:51:30 PM

Recipe for BFL heat sink pads...

The secret make sure you do not roll your FONDANT too thin.

magnificat_mafia

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:26:23 PM

You, like several others, make this claim... but you, like all others have yet to provide a single shred of evidence that I've lied anywhere.  But go on, please post a link to where I've lied, lets see it. 

Ooh can I play ?!!? How about you lying about every single missed shipping and production estimate ?

Oh shit, I'm sorry dude, those aren't lies... I keep forgetting you refer to these as mistakes... That you keep consistently making... Over and over again...

haha, he's not a liar, just an incompetent dumbass
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 04:29:12 PM

You, like several others, make this claim... but you, like all others have yet to provide a single shred of evidence that I've lied anywhere.  But go on, please post a link to where I've lied, lets see it. 

Hey Christian,

Where's that lawsuit you promised?  Oh... that's right, you're a liar.  No lawsuit from ol' Christian "Xian" Antkow.  I wonder why? 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Henchman24

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:03:20 PM

Hey Christian,

Where's that lawsuit you promised?  Oh... that's right, you're a liar.  No lawsuit from ol' Christian "Xian" Antkow.  I wonder why? 

Good Job!  Whatever you do, don't ever address the actual substance of a post.  Just go into personal attack mode.  It's what all reputable company spokesmen do after all.   Cheesy
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:04:32 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 06:37:15 PM by Xian01

Where's that lawsuit you promised?  Oh... that's right, you're a liar.  No lawsuit from ol' Christian "Xian" Antkow.  I wonder why?  

Don't keep asking silly questions you know the answers to, Josh. It only makes yourself look like an even greater fool and petty bottom-dwelling troll.

For the forum-readers that are not aware of what happened, after considering a number of variables, it wasn't worth continuing to sue you after your lawyers threatened me with a frivolous libel and defamation suit, after formally addressing you, and preparing a breach of contract suit.

In retrospect, best decision I ever made not continuing to sue you, and throwing good money after bad.

It wasn't a total loss. Marco Santori, the lawyer I retained, is a fucking phenomenal guy, maintain a retainer with him, and look forward to working with them for personal matters in the future.

*hugs*

PS: Are you and Sonny going to Pennsylvania to defend yourselves in court ? I really hope the information I provided can help the case against you.
PPS: Speaking of silly questions you should know the answers to, when is your Monarch bullet run expected to ship out to preorder customers ? November has almost come to an end.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:06:18 PM

What no technical comment about using heat pads that were WAY too thick?

Sad.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: