Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:22:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28090 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:34:22 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354250.msg3792891#msg3792891

Is it your heat sink?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:59:57 PM

The bickfailsky story continues, now with a post showing......nothing?HuhHuhHuh

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:24:55 PM

Do you have the ability to make a point without resorting to childish ad homonym attacks ?
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:26:57 PM

When you can't defend the failures of BFL products. One must immediately resort to slander. It is Rule 1 in BFL shill handbook.

Code:
shill  (shl) Slang
n.
One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic BFL supporter to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
v. shilled, shill·ing, shills

dot dot dot Still using the wrong punctuation.

The AL sinks are just not as good. Try to find a heat pipe sink.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SLok

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:19:16 PM

Do you have the ability to make a point without resorting to childish ad homonym attacks ?

Funny to hear that from the guy that got his order cancelled just for ad hominem attacks, that also burned his "case" against BFL.
Maybe a comment on the matter that his post(s) actually showed nothing?

When you can't defend the failures of BFL products. One must immediately resort to slander. It is Rule 1 in BFL shill handbook.

Code:
shill  (shl) Slang
n.
One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic BFL supporter to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
v. shilled, shill·ing, shills

dot dot dot Still using the wrong punctuation.

The AL sinks are just not as good. Try to find a heat pipe sink.
A shill, of course, Butthurtski can't come up with a better response to others showing his failures than that? No room left in your anti-bfl agenda I guess.
If you can't find any actual failures, you starts to fantasize about posts being or going to be removed but they aren't, then points to topics made by fraudulent people, or just posts nothings as actual failing units. Ohhh, aluminum heatsinks! Keeps my 8.2 Jala at 30C, must be something good about them.

Bicknellski:
Trust:    -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Warning: Don't trust a thing he writes!

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
je1p7u7

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:38:37 PM

My Little Single came hashing at 7.8GH/s. Sometimes at 0 or 3GH/s every n-th power cycle.

If BFL is doing QA, is it really possible that so many units arrive dead or defected?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:54:11 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 11:14:23 PM by Xian01

Funny to hear that from the guy that got his order cancelled just for ad hominem attacks, that also burned his "case" against BFL.

Need I remind you about the way a certain COO was conducting himself on these forums, trolling it's users during their deluge of mistakes and delays, that elicited such anger and rage from this community ? "Reality doesn't care about you ? Neither do I", "Put on your big-boy pants", etc etc ? I mean, which respectable company officer carries on this way ?!

Had he acted with more professionalism and respect towards us - behavior we would genuinely appreciate from a company Chief Operating Officer - it's entirely conceivable I would have been a happy customer of Butterfly Labs today.

I learned a few lessons from my experience, for what it's worth.

- Don't ever deal with Butterfly Labs again
 - Don't ever wrestle with pigs in mud
 - Never trust pre-order schemes in Bitcoin space
 - Don't throw good money after bad

What's highly amusing in retrospect, however, is that I was forced a refund that I didn't want, and then months later, people were begging for refunds, and being refused.

While I appreciate your attempts at wit and riposte, please try not to discount the history that brought us to where we are today.

Yes I responded poorly to Zerlan's baiting and trolling. Again, it never should have reached that point to begin with.

I don't think you recognize or appreciate that.
SLok

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:18:04 PM

Pffffftt, I think I was actually one of the few, the very few, that felt initially sorry for you losing those orders. The wordings here between JZ and "the community" were to be expected with the number of people that were just spreading plain out lies and fud, for where there seems no defense possible here. look at the drivel that bick guy posts, how many times he called scam or just presents false data. There's 45,000 units that went out the door at BFL, he can't produce even a 100 genuine failures without adding in 50 that worked on another computer, usb port, pool, etc. And before he starts again, the psu's are not the best indeed.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:54:07 AM

My Little Single came hashing at 7.8GH/s. Sometimes at 0 or 3GH/s every n-th power cycle.

If BFL is doing QA, is it really possible that so many units arrive dead or defected?

That is a great question.

How frequent are the 0 or 3Gh/s cycles happening?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:59:28 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352918.msg3815589#msg3815589

Man this thread is full of win.

See my thread on BFL's site: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/jalapeno-single-sc-support/5237-bfl-single-sc-60gh-psu-failure-how-do-i-fix.html

Read my entire OP. The BFL PSU's are down right dangerous. Consider you self lucky.  Try powering it with a PC PSU of the proper size. BFL was of no help to me and wasted a week of mining, before I figured out the issue. I now have a box with a new PSU from BFL that I never even opened....sorry I meant, a new paper weight...

And just remember when contacting them, you are a fault no matter what and you will be treated like so. You are expected to roll over and take it from them, or  else they will drag out the correspondence.

Also, BFL's forums are not for support from BFL staff. It's just a place  for customers to collaborate and try to read the staffs minds.

BitCloud

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:05:17 AM

It runs without crashing so far, speed varies a lot and sometimes does 25gh/s like promised, sometimes even 26gh/s but on average it's closer to 23gh/s so I'd say they're not really true to their word.

First of all they deliver way too late and second they deliver a product that barely even meets 25gh/s like promised. For such a delay you'd expect them to compensate somewhat (free extra gh/s, partial money back, the option to freaking cancel the order with full money back, or something like that)

BFL is a big no for me. I'll leave the miner running at least until I get a Terrahash miner from a decent company but I'll never even think about buying from BFL ever again. Worst company ever.

pretty much sums up my thoughts.
bfl = junk
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:07:11 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.msg3858545#msg3858545

My story yet paused on receiving miners at the end of November (after 7 months since my last order was made). One of 5 LSes was DOA, another one was not hashing at full speed. Sent emails to BFL, it is a week already without a reply.

AGO did not help to get refund as they took more than 2 months to reply and just forwarded to me again BFLs "all sales are final" term.
Judging on a screw dropped out from inside of one of miners I think the received miners will not last very long as poor quality.
Finally got banned yesterday on BFL forums without reason been explained I suppose by SLok.

So at the moment, no refund, obsolete, failure and broken devices, no support, that is the Butterfly Labs.

rupy

Activity: 725

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:06:16 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 11:32:46 AM by rupy

Ok, I don't want to pour gasoline on this, but woke up and 4 chips are dead on the RMA single I received.

So I have to RMA the RMA, that I also had to pay VAT for twice, so this story is going to be expensive!

All in all I will pay 75% on one machine in VAT because BFL declares the return parcel with the original price!

Facts are this industry is still maturing and chips/boards that Intel would have thrown away are getting sent to customers.

Luckily the Monarch only has two chips, so maybe attention to delivering working chips/boards will improve.

About the censorship on the BFL forums; please BFL, get another moderator!

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:09:26 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356573.msg3861663#msg3861663

Not possible i think.
I recieved a broken jalapeno-unit and have tried every channel to get in touch with them.

After some weeks i tried to politely question BFLs customerservice on their open forum

What i recieved was a lifetime ban without any specified reason, and that did not help me at all.

Thank god for KNC

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:10:06 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356573.msg3856818#msg3856818

Well, whatever it takes.  the more actions you do, the better.

I finally got a response, they're supposedly shipping me a replacement unit.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:08:19 PM

Geez, this pie throwing contest is really getting boring.

Facts:

- I got a 45GH single with smashed heatpipes. Getting RMA number was slow 1 week. Had to pay for delivery?! Lost 2 weeks mining without any hint of compensation.
- I got a 57GH single with heatsinks instead of the advertised heatpipes required for really silent cooling.

But on the upside: BFL delivers a USB device that is compact, try the competition for that. As for W/GH I don't care until summer, need the heat anyhow.

All in all I wished they weren't assholes (yes SLok I'm talking mostly about you) and had some respect for their customers, but place yourself in their shoes, they are making their customers rich! WHICH COMPANY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT!? It's time for everyone to realize this.
Rupy the crybaby, advertised with heatpipes? The Single and Little Single SC, now with heatpipes! In your wet dreams kiddo. If you hadn't posted a zillion times crying over heatpipes!, I want heatpipes!, You scammers withheld my heatpipes! you would have been taken serious. So, did you get any heatpipes yet, (demanded heatpipes with his rma) or are you still without heatpipes. Did I mention the heatpipes?
Thats right, SloK.

Give them 1980's styled heatsinks when your customers ask for modern, efficient heat dissipation techniques. Even when they are shown assemblies and were shown copper heatsinks and quiet efficient operation.

We need more people like Slok. The type of person who is there when the demonstrations are shown with 2010 technology. Then, is perfectly happy to see disappointed customers get 1980's styled (PC) tech and will even heckle and ban them for complaining. When BFL runs out of processed aluminum alloy they will probably just stick a rock on each chip and call it "revolutionary" heat dissipation.

We always need someone to pee in the coffee pot when it comes to touted expectations. You sweet, kind and totally lovable BFL whore... Roll Eyes

You'll ban anything with any common sense.

He's exactly what Josh is wanting for customers,as well as employees.Gullible,ignorant & proud of it  Cheesy

Have you been to BFL's chat & forums lately Huh  Its a ghost town  Cheesy 
They already ran out of people with cash and zero common sense....?

They need to check under the rocks. There is always one or two in there somewhere.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:21:24 PM

A bit of both. I did purchase a Monarch, 3.6 bitcoins, compare that to the 2.6 bitcoins I payed for a USB ASIC at 330MH/s this summer! Or the 15 bitcoins I payed for my Singles!?!

It's not about getting rich, It's about making people with ties poor! We are killing FIAT. The greatest revolution in the history of mankind and you are throwing punches?! Get real, this is happening.
Does your post require brain damage to be rendered in order to be understood?

That above is just such a (incredibly) dumb series of statements....

=======================

First, no, you aren't killing FIAT. Everyone you transact with who accepts Bitcoin is going to turn it into....yep...FIAT. So no, you are not "killing FIAT".

You may be indirectly avoiding the banking system based on FIAT. If that is your purpose, then yes, that has been achieved.

The revolution for BitCoin is only going to happen when cyrptocoins are accepted end to end as payment. From the guy in the field plucking produce using it, to the factories and distributors producing products. That pipeline of acceptance must be established from beginning to end. Then, at that point congratulations, you will still only be adding another form of currency. Even then you will be unlikely to say you are actually killing FIAT.

At least not anymore than using USD over the YEN/YUAN.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:23:21 PM

Poor customers Puerto? Shall I link to the dump you live in one more time maybe, to show who is the real poor fail in life guy around here? You were crying NO ROI for the late BFL deliveries since January, but guess what, my late single and jalapeno made over 16.4BTC in the last 11 weeks only, ROI enough?
Depends, how many BTC did it cost you at the time of purchase?

If you bought it in January of last year (or before that), then I highly doubt you have made BTC ROI yet.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:53:49 AM

My Jalapenos are less than 60 days old and they are all on their second power supplies that I had to buy myself, why?
Because Emails to RMA@butterflylabs.com go unanswered.

Their all caught up huh? BULLSHIT!

I have proactively replaced all Single power supplies in anticipation of the BFL ones burning out or catching fire.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:40:37 AM

Is there any reason why they wouldn't ground the jally?  That just seems careless to me, but I'm a software guy.
A: in country with 3pins 220/240v the middle pin is gound, so the 2pin's doesnt have it.
    so, you either use all 3pins or just all 2pins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354001.msg3904260#msg3904260

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: