Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28088 times)
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:02:46 PM

Got my Little Single 25GH/s nearly a month ago. Started out as 15GH/s. Dropped to 4GH/s after a day. Would not start at all a day after that.

They've ignored all my RMA requests so far. Additionally, I'm in Europe...

Any advice?
Have you noticed they added an RMA option to the dashboard when you log into your BFL account?  It looks like all you need to do is create a ticket on there as it'd likely be faster than emailing them and getting it mixed in with all the non-RMA emails.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcp19

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:08:56 PM

SLok has been sacrificed and demodded? (demodded???) Another pile of made up shit from the Bickfailsky? Facts and fiction, are you so delusional from the butthurt you can't tell one from the other any more? What a joke Bicknell, or is it Don Quichotte?

Honest question: Why are ad-hominem attacks and childish name-calling Standard Operating Procedure for defenders, supporters, and staff of Butterfly Labs ?

Did Josh Zerlan write the customer service handbook for Butterfly Labs ? Is it required reading, so you can all coordinate an immaturely unified public presence and message on these forums ? I note many contextual and behavioral similarities across several supportive accounts that I have observed over time.

Do you recognize that you are taking the low road and turning off potential customers ? Do you even care ?
Looking at how you and others treat the people you are referring to, is it any wonder they respond in kind?  I have not yet seen you turn the other cheek, so why must others follow a pattern you yourself don't?

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:25:34 PM

Looking at how you and others treat the people you are referring to, is it any wonder they respond in kind?  I have not yet seen you turn the other cheek, so why must others follow a pattern you yourself don't?

There is no turning the other cheek with me and Butterfly Labs.

Josh Zerlan personally saw to that.

I have tired to evolve and learn to take a higher road since my unfortunate dealings with BFL, and support other more deserving endeavors in Bitcoin space, while shining the light on BFLs poor record and impropriety on these forums.

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:58:40 PM

SLok has been sacrificed and demodded? (demodded???) Another pile of made up shit from the Bickfailsky? Facts and fiction, are you so delusional from the butthurt you can't tell one from the other any more? What a joke Bicknell, or is it Don Quichotte?

Honest question: Why are ad-hominem attacks and childish name-calling Standard Operating Procedure for defenders, supporters, and staff of Butterfly Labs ?

Did Josh Zerlan write the customer service handbook for Butterfly Labs ? Is it required reading, so you can all coordinate an immaturely unified public presence and message on these forums ? I note many contextual and behavioral similarities across several supportive accounts that I have observed over time.

Do you recognize that you are taking the low road and turning off potential customers ? Do you even care ?
Bicknelli is plain out spreading lies here, and I am not the nice guy? What you want, a Xian like reply?
"Go eat a bag of dicks?"
"Calling Bicknell a "scummy fuck" is a pretty accurate salvo"?
"Fuck you asshole. Where the fuck do you think your first customers came from?"
"He's gone straight from Douche to Ultra-Mega-Douche, bypassing Douche-Bag, Super-Douche, and Giant-Douche altogether!"?
"Can anyone over there at BFL try to slip some lithium or anti-psychotics in his drinks, please ?"
"The man has a complete lack of meta-cognition or modicum of self-awareness."?

Xian, the free of troll- argumentum ad hominem- and name calling poster! Not.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:13:31 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 04:30:59 PM by Xian01

Bicknelli is plain out spreading lies here, and I am not the nice guy? What you want, a Xian like reply?
"Go eat a bag of dicks?"
"Calling Bicknell a "scummy fuck" is a pretty accurate salvo"?
"Fuck you asshole. Where the fuck do you think your first customers came from?"
"He's gone straight from Douche to Ultra-Mega-Douche, bypassing Douche-Bag, Super-Douche, and Giant-Douche altogether!"?
"Can anyone over there at BFL try to slip some lithium or anti-psychotics in his drinks, please ?"
"The man has a complete lack of meta-cognition or modicum of self-awareness."?

Xian, the free of troll- argumentum ad hominem- and name calling poster! Not.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane from over half a year ago, when Butterfly Labs was deep in it with their production problems, and telling us all it's only another two weeks away before you get your preorders from July 2012 !

The points stand.

Like I said, I'm aspiring to take a higher road. As fun and therapeutic as it was to unload on and call out Josh and crew like that for their behavior, I recognize in retrospect I shouldn't have stooped to their level. *mumbles about George Bernard Shaw's wisdom*

I hope you can appreciate that.

*hugs and cuddles*
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:56:59 PM

Got my Little Single 25GH/s nearly a month ago. Started out as 15GH/s. Dropped to 4GH/s after a day. Would not start at all a day after that.

They've ignored all my RMA requests so far. Additionally, I'm in Europe...

Any advice?

Keep sending emails regarding RMA others have noted very very slow response times and with some persistence you might get lucky.

You might want to check the other troubleshooting threads started in hardware / custom hardware. Particularly the bitcointalk member Lightfoot seems to have dealt with a number of issues with BFL products. Contact him. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365800.msg4070547#msg4070547

Sticking to the topic at hand seeing as how BFL is not helping this customer.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:25:34 AM

My jalepano blew its power source after three days of mining. They told me to send it back (and pay shipping to do so) and they will fix it and send it back. By the time I get it back I probably wont make back the money it will cost me to ship it to them.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 07:34:51 AM

BCP - what Christian 'Xian' Antkow refuses to admit is that his "problems" with BFL started and ended with himself.  He tries to blame it on me or someone (anyone!) other than himself, but if anyone actually takes the time to go back in my post history, there's a pretty clear pattern to them.  I respond to posts in the same manner they are posted.  I have *very* few threads actually started on this forum... 99% of my posts are in the form of replies.

If I'm a jerk to you, it's because you're a jerk, end of story.  So if you don't like how I respond to you, take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why... the answer is staring you in the face.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:59:04 AM

BCP - what Christian 'Xian' Antkow refuses to admit is that his "problems" with BFL started and ended with himself.  He tries to blame it on me or someone (anyone!) other than himself, but if anyone actually takes the time to go back in my post history, there's a pretty clear pattern to them.  

Clearly I am to blame for placing pre-orders with them in July 2012, and believing that they would ship product when they stated they would.

Clearly I am to blame for losing my cool after enduring delay after delay. Lie Mistake after lie mistake as documented on these forums.

Clearly I am to blame for your trolling of your customers; reacting poorly to your bait.

Clearly, I am to blame for your pattern of missteps and arrogance.

Clearly, you don't understand that if you weren't carrying on like such an incredible jerk on these forums, I would not have responded in kind.

Clearly I am to blame for trusting you to deliver when you said you would, Josh.

You brought out the worst in me over my business dealings with you and your company.

It's shameful and embarrassing in retrospect.

Thank you for forcing an unwanted refund on me, then refusing refunds to people who were begging for them later on.

Thank you Josh, for inspiring me to become a better person.

bcp19

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:02:30 AM

My jalepano blew its power source after three days of mining. They told me to send it back (and pay shipping to do so) and they will fix it and send it back. By the time I get it back I probably wont make back the money it will cost me to ship it to them.
Your post confuses me a bit, what did you tell them during your contact with them?  The only reason you should have to send anything back to them (at least by what I was told) is if the unit itself died.  If your PSU actually failed, and you have minor electrical knowledge, you can simply take the end of the power cord (like the last 3-6") and with the power off, make a connection to your computer's PSU.  There was a post I read here recently showing someone who had taken one of the old 12V connections going to something like an old IDE CD drive and splicing it to the Jala power cable.  You'd need to make sure you hook up the power correctly or you could in deed damage the unit.

Found it:

I've blown 3 out of 4 of those power adapters, I've converted all my devices to just power from my ATX power supply.  One of the power adapters was so bad, any time I would plug it up, I would blow a fuse at my circuit breaker.  I don't trust those things at all.

Maybe talk to abec to find out the connections, that'd save you shipping and downtime if your only problem is only a bad power supply.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:03:41 AM

How is any of this helping the people crying out for support?

I see a complete disregard in this thread for the customers who have asked for help. Why? Mods need to clip out the off topic stuff specifically from Inaba and BCP19 that has little to do with the BFL Product Failures and Underperformance. At some point the mods are going to have sanction this sort of behavior are they not? Every other page it is the same off topic trolling.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:09:49 AM

I see a complete disregard in this thread for the customers who have asked for help. Why? Mods need to clip out the off topic stuff specifically from Inaba that has little to do with the BFL Product Failures and Underperformance. At some point the mods are going to have sanction this sort of behavior are they not?
How is this thread helping the people needing support?  You are offering no solutions, merely a whinefest of people who had problems.  Where's YOUR support of these people?  Where's your attempts to help them fix their problems?  You're merely doing a copy and past to lump things together in some morbid attempt to paint a picture of your own choosing.  Love how you delete and rewrite your posts after anyone comments Bick.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:12:36 PM

*Mumbles something about classic COINTELPRO tactics*

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:33:45 PM

Not so much directed at you defending yourself being trolled. More about the fact that BFL fails to respond promptly to statistically significant numbers of product failures and under performing units as well as failing to answer their emails in any sort systematic way. People have to use this forum to find help over and over again.

Sad to say the least.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:50:29 PM

I for one did not have too many issues with their minis.  Still running since August.  I took the boards out of the cases for better cooling. 
I wish they delivered just the boards not this fancy case.

One issue I had was with the bfgminer not recognizing all USB devices after power failure, but it works better with the latest version.

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:12:59 PM

Not so much directed at you defending yourself being trolled. More about the fact that BFL fails to respond promptly to statistically significant numbers of product failures and under performing units as well as failing to answer their emails in any sort systematic way. People have to use this forum to find help over and over again.

Sad to say the least.
Fail, nobody comes to this topic or this forum for help, because nobody here, and specially you Bicknell, has any to offer. Well bcp19 has. It's all about a Bickfailsky's butthurt relief topic, snippets from a forum, some loose reddit copy/pasting, and lies.
.. and where is SLOK? Did he give up as well now he has been sacrificed and demodded can we expect him to now turn over the darkside with us and be anti-BFL?
lies, still wondering why....

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:26:53 PM

Do you really wonder why Darrin Bicknell lies? I mean... It's his whole life. Without the lies he is just an empty shell of no one important.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:07:57 PM

Do you really wonder why Darrin Bicknell lies? I mean... It's his whole life. Without the lies he is just an empty shell of no one important.

*Shakes head back and forth*

*Sighs*

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:04:10 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 05:17:05 AM by Bicknellski

I for one did not have too many issues with their minis.  Still running since August.  I took the boards out of the cases for better cooling.  
I wish they delivered just the boards not this fancy case.

One issue I had was with the bfgminer not recognizing all USB devices after power failure, but it works better with the latest version.

That is fortunate.

There are significant amounts of people, as documented in this thread, who have had less than satisfactory experiences with BFL products. Here is hoping that the lessons learned here help consumers make better choices in 2014.

complang

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:55:21 PM

I don't understand why everyone blames BFL.. From their site I can read lots of good stuff:
To name one they ar the only ASIC company ever delivered while others still writing ideas on napkins:
Since 2011, Butterfly Labs has been the pioneer and leader of the bitcoin mining hardware industry.  As we enter the 28nm era, we're the only competitor with a proven ASIC design in the field.  We have 45 employees and a matured production capacity & supply chain.   Our 28nm competitors have never delivered or even demonstrated an ASIC product of any kind.  Their manufacturing, supply chain and engineering are all back-of-the-napkin ideas.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: