Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:05:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] "Cubits"(QBT) HI POS Coin v2.1.3-Starbuck UPDATED!  (Read 69963 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 09:08:27 PM

Celingcat does! Ceilingcat sees all!

Oops I mean the Great Cylon in the sky.

Or hmm do I? By what name do Cyclons and the humans they associate with know Ceilingcat, or are they all a-theist?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 05:04:13 PM

Scifi exchange around the corner baby!  Yea!!!   Grin

KleinMatthias

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:02:56 PM

Hi,

Since not all users of this coin are as active as you are, may I ask for a feature in a future wallet version?

Please implement one of the following features:
1) an autoupdate feature which automatically keeps the QT updated without the user doing anything (or with the user just clicking an "update" button which only appears when new updates are available - but where the entire update process is done automatically)
2) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends him an eMail when a new version is available? That requires - of course - that the wallet has a way to check for updates. But since Microsoft/Apple/Adobe/andalltheothers can do it, so can you :-)
3) (for those who don't even run their QT all the time) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends that eMail address plus its own version information to a central server of yours which then sends out an eMail when a new software version is available. And which sends a warning eMail when a mantatory update has to be performed.

Naturally, as of today, the Cryptocurrency-community has been very active but with the price explosion of the Bitcoin last month, more and more "normal users" will enter the market.
They will not keep their wallet running all the time.
They will not check the forum all the time.
But they might spend hard cash on buying this coin at an exchange and then send it over to their wallet. As a community, we even need that kind of passive user - and we need their money buying this coin.
And when they find ways to spend or donate the coin, they will. And for that purpose they will open their wallets - but not in between.

Having said this, I personally prefer feature (3) because it has a few advantage over the other 2:

• It keeps even those "passive" users in the loop that do not run their wallet regularily.
  • That way, if a really important change has to be made (e.g. a new blockchain), even those users won't lose their money because they get a notification. Think of the bad publicity when "normal users" start losing their money because they simply ignored their wallets for months only to find them not working anymore because weeks before, a new blockchain or equally invasive measure was introduced without them knowing.
  • That feature can be extended for marketing purposes: add a checkmark "the makers of this coin are allowed to send me exciting news about this coin yaddayaddaya" - and voila you get yourself a free marketing database with tons of eMail addresses that you can use to keep engaging your users. Notify them of new shops where they can pay with this currency. Notify them of faucets. Notify them of exchanges that trade this coin. Notify them of the rise in value of that coin. And so on. Just keep engaging even the passive users - because to make a currency successful, you need every hand and every dollar you can get.

You guys and all the other professionals or those that have privacy concerns won't use that feature - and should never be required to do so. But the regular passive user will get that fuzzy feeling that he will be informed of important stuff without him spending much time checking bitcointalk or their wallets. And that will give him extra confidence when it comes to him spending the coin or buying the coin with his FIAT.

Just a few additional remarks:

• Naturally, the best possible combination would be (3) with (1) where the users gets a "move your ass and update your wallet or else..." eMail (friendly version, of course) - and then he opens the wallet and clicks on the "update" button and that's it for him.
  • May be the required serverside portion (the thing that collects all version information and the eMail addresses and which also allows for sending out mass eMails to all users in that database) could be written in a generic way so that other virtual currencies can implement that feature, too?
  • May be, future wallets should have a default setting that causes them to run in the background as a service whenever the computer starts. That way, even many passive users will contribute to the P2P network without them even knowing. But that was just a sideline remark and describes a completely different feature request. But then again, while you are at it... :-)

Don't know. What do you guys think about that feature request?
Does anyone second that request?
Does anyone have a better idea how to solve the above mentioned challenges that this new species of regular, passive users will introduce in the weeks and months to come?

Thanks
Matt
QBT: CVVUsZaNLPgTWooSgm1N6GmLg7G6FzkS9E

P.S. Just a full disclosure: I have posted this same feature request to the thread of some other cryptocurrencies as well.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:18:17 AM

Hi,

Since not all users of this coin are as active as you are, may I ask for a feature in a future wallet version?

Please implement one of the following features:
1) an autoupdate feature which automatically keeps the QT updated without the user doing anything (or with the user just clicking an "update" button which only appears when new updates are available - but where the entire update process is done automatically)
2) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends him an eMail when a new version is available? That requires - of course - that the wallet has a way to check for updates. But since Microsoft/Apple/Adobe/andalltheothers can do it, so can you :-)
3) (for those who don't even run their QT all the time) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends that eMail address plus its own version information to a central server of yours which then sends out an eMail when a new software version is available. And which sends a warning eMail when a mantatory update has to be performed.

Naturally, as of today, the Cryptocurrency-community has been very active but with the price explosion of the Bitcoin last month, more and more "normal users" will enter the market.
They will not keep their wallet running all the time.
They will not check the forum all the time.
But they might spend hard cash on buying this coin at an exchange and then send it over to their wallet. As a community, we even need that kind of passive user - and we need their money buying this coin.
And when they find ways to spend or donate the coin, they will. And for that purpose they will open their wallets - but not in between.

Having said this, I personally prefer feature (3) because it has a few advantage over the other 2:

• It keeps even those "passive" users in the loop that do not run their wallet regularily.
  • That way, if a really important change has to be made (e.g. a new blockchain), even those users won't lose their money because they get a notification. Think of the bad publicity when "normal users" start losing their money because they simply ignored their wallets for months only to find them not working anymore because weeks before, a new blockchain or equally invasive measure was introduced without them knowing.
  • That feature can be extended for marketing purposes: add a checkmark "the makers of this coin are allowed to send me exciting news about this coin yaddayaddaya" - and voila you get yourself a free marketing database with tons of eMail addresses that you can use to keep engaging your users. Notify them of new shops where they can pay with this currency. Notify them of faucets. Notify them of exchanges that trade this coin. Notify them of the rise in value of that coin. And so on. Just keep engaging even the passive users - because to make a currency successful, you need every hand and every dollar you can get.

You guys and all the other professionals or those that have privacy concerns won't use that feature - and should never be required to do so. But the regular passive user will get that fuzzy feeling that he will be informed of important stuff without him spending much time checking bitcointalk or their wallets. And that will give him extra confidence when it comes to him spending the coin or buying the coin with his FIAT.

Just a few additional remarks:

• Naturally, the best possible combination would be (3) with (1) where the users gets a "move your ass and update your wallet or else..." eMail (friendly version, of course) - and then he opens the wallet and clicks on the "update" button and that's it for him.
  • May be the required serverside portion (the thing that collects all version information and the eMail addresses and which also allows for sending out mass eMails to all users in that database) could be written in a generic way so that other virtual currencies can implement that feature, too?
  • May be, future wallets should have a default setting that causes them to run in the background as a service whenever the computer starts. That way, even many passive users will contribute to the P2P network without them even knowing. But that was just a sideline remark and describes a completely different feature request. But then again, while you are at it... :-)

Don't know. What do you guys think about that feature request?
Does anyone second that request?
Does anyone have a better idea how to solve the above mentioned challenges that this new species of regular, passive users will introduce in the weeks and months to come?

Thanks
Matt
QBT: CVVUsZaNLPgTWooSgm1N6GmLg7G6FzkS9E

P.S. Just a full disclosure: I have posted this same feature request to the thread of some other cryptocurrencies as well.

Checkpoints and a checkpoint server deliver this feature... when a checkpoint is added and the dev notates a mandatory client update... it can show a text message at the bottom of outdated clients.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:28:12 PM

Hi, any date about?
Marty19

Activity: 725

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 06:45:22 PM

Ispace Mining Pool running smoothly at http://qbt.ispace.co.uk  Cheesy

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 07:16:23 PM

Hi, any date about?

Jan 2014 is still goal

you can join forums at http://scificointalk.com/index.php

then in your profile ask to join the Beta Antares Shipyards group. If/when you are added you will find links passwords etc to the beta exchange.

Note it's all fake internal trading no deposits/withdrawals. But Dev is paying bounties for bugs and incorperated suggestions.

QBT is not yet on this version but should be on the next major rev

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:54:42 AM

news?

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
cassieheart (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:23:52 AM

Lots of changes in logo and branding coming .

news?
doromcc666

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:44:55 AM

SHA256D Algorithm, Proof of Work + Proof of Stake

why not scrypt?
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:32:48 AM

Lots of changes in logo and branding coming .

news?

eta?

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:09:20 PM

SHA256D Algorithm, Proof of Work + Proof of Stake

why not scrypt?

It's not enough the number of Scrypt coin launched everyday?  Roll Eyes
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 01:20:33 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 11:38:59 AM by markm

A better question: why not merged mined?

Scrypt (aka, any GPU-mined coin) means any night or day a stupid internet meme could conjure up way more than enough hashing power to PWN you.

With merged mining it might maybe be possible - unlikely perhaps but maybe possible - to actually secure the blockchain.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
DarthNoodle

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:20:36 PM

this is probably a daft question, what do we have to do to earn the interest on the coins, also:

3% stake after 60 days, 120 days for full weight.

its probably just me being pedantic but what numeric value is defined as full weight? im assuming 6%? Smiley

any info would be appreciated Smiley

Malayko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:28:03 PM

Go pound on Coinedup to add cubits http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀
Marty19

Activity: 725

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 02:20:09 PM

iSpace Cubits Mining Pool still finding regular blocks at http://qbt.ispace.co.uk so why not join us?

We also offer a range of alternative ASIC friendly SHA256 stratum mining pools with VarDiff and a low 1% fee at http://ispace.co.uk .

cassieheart (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:56:43 PM

Not sure yet about an eta soon within the month defiantly I want to make sure everything is correct and all angles are coverd before I release a new thread.

With Bitbay ,Snatchbox and Cubits development I haven't had much spare time sorry its been taking me so long to update threads .

~Cassie

cassieheart (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:02:54 PM

Don't know if this will answer your question but Mull Ick to a look at the settings here they are.

the stake settings for QBT3:  [1/1/14, 9:49:39 PM] Mull Ick: unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 60; // minimum age for coin age
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 120; // stake age of full weight
[1/1/14, 9:49:52 PM] Mull Ick: 60 days min 120 max

this is probably a daft question, what do we have to do to earn the interest on the coins, also:

3% stake after 60 days, 120 days for full weight.

its probably just me being pedantic but what numeric value is defined as full weight? im assuming 6%? Smiley

any info would be appreciated Smiley

cassieheart (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:16:38 AM

Enter the BitbaY Logo Contest Here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399529.new#new
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 08:40:39 AM

** Scifi Coin Exchange ** Launching in 2 weeks
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408284.0

Cassie, I am planning to run a giveaway for the first several users (100 or so). Are you interested in participating in the giveaway?

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: