Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:47:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:25:03 PM

CfB, how is the decentralised exchange testing going?

We've done with testing. Now all depends on when nexern completes his client.

yes, working on the client prototype and i am more than confident we have not
only the asset exchange until end next month. i would like to spend more time
on the client but i have to clear and finish some explorer issues before. don't like
to leave the explorer in an bad shape when starting fulltime with the client.
preparing a complete roadmap this weekend and post it here. some feedback then
would be nice what additional features we like to see already integrated right from start.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:25:20 PM

I think a better idea would be to IPO the service providers/gateways

for example: USD/NXT gateway could issue Nxt in IPO....people can buy a share of the company and get a monthly dividence of nxt based on there holdings.

BCNext

Re: [ANN] Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin
November 08, 2013, 07:59:19 AM
Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I want to run a business.  I issue an asset (let's call it Krusty Krab tokens - KKT).  I set quantity of KKT to 1000.  I announce that I sell KKT for 20 NXT each and pay 5 NXT monthly interest within next 6 months.  I create an ask order -- 1000 KKT for 20,000 NXT.  You create a transaction that sends me 500 NXT for 25 KKT.  It's up to you what to do with your 25 KKT (you can place an ask order and sell them for 27 NXT) but each month I will check the blockchain to see who owns KKT.  And I will send 5 NXT for each KKT to those who owns them.  

Of course we want a usd/ Nxt gateway. But I fail to understand why it is so important. Soon you can sell/ buy Nxt at Btc-e, Bitstamp in both usd, bct and multiple other exchanges. They are centralized but have already worked so far and have certain trust of the communities.

What is truly innovative and disruptive about the Nxt asset exchange is to give internet start-up a direct way of raising money and growing their business in global scale.

A NXT/USD gateway in the Nxt exchange would represent something like Chase Manhattan in the real world but decentralized....it would be profitable from day one cuz all USD/NXT transactions go thru it.

I suppose you can IPO that gateway to be the first company in the asset exchange. Of course it is going to be an important company. I am just saying that the Nxt asset exchange is much bigger than just an usd/ nxt gateway. There are many more businesses that could make IPO and list in Nxt asset exchange.

I think someone should really thing right now about how to operate an usd/ nxt if you are an owner. It is not going to be easy since you have to able able to convert usd/ nxt at will for anyone who ask. It is easier and less risky to operate a btc/ nxt exchange.  Remember in nxt asset excahnge, we are dealing with real assets not the kind of pseudo- indicators as in Bitshare community envisions

I understand why BCnext has to be anonymous.

I edited my post....1st IPO should be BTC/NXT.....the reason is this gateway won't fail and it will stablize the system and give stable returns.

other IPO would be more risky....so we gotta start with less risky companies until the exchange develops further.

You have to think about how it is going to work. Just because someone says this gateway is not going to fall does not mean it is not going to fall. Nothing gives you a stable return unless you take a certain amount of risk.

It would be the only channel to exchange BTC/NXT or NXT/BTC on the Nxt Exchange....and the shares would be a new source of liquidity....another source of income parallel to mining.

It is not free market and decentralization. Everyone should be free to open an exchange if they can persuade the economy to trust them.

Secondly, your model is flawed economically. Nothing can guarantee you a certain rate of exchange between Nxt/ Btc.    

Not the rate of exchange....the BTC/Nxt Gateway charges a simple/set service fee....the total service fees collected....would then be divided at the end of the month and send to those accounts holding BTC/NXT shares/tokens.....based on the percentage of their holdings

Who controls the account holding Nxt ? who controls the account holding Btc ? Who making the transfer upon a request ? Still one individual need to step up to do that task. He can use his own btc/ nxt account or he can mobilize nxt/ bct from other to make a partnership. That's a business decision.

But other people should also be free to do the same. Who we are to impose the rule of one exchange ? isn't it monopoly ?

It will be automatic....no need for individuals...its needs to be decentralized.....the company is publicly owned.....the person who codes this 1st get to make a cut during IPO....a reward for their hard work.

The issue is that the gateway can run out of Btc or Nxt. You can never be sure of that. Nxt and Bct are individual assets you can't force people to send their assets to the gateway. You have to consider the possibility of the gateway going bankrupt and being delisted

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
gbeirn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:26:22 PM

Is it worth to run a node with around 1000 Nxt? Will I be able to forge anything thats worth it?

Yes, u'll be earning 0.0001% of all fees.

Another way of saying this is that if you run a forging node with 1000 NXT, you will earn only 1 NXT for every 1 million NXTs that are charged as fees.  Thus you will "double" your 1000 NXT initial forging stake only when THE ENTIRE AMOUNT OF AVAILABLE NXT has cycled through once not as transactions, but FEES.

Maybe it's just me, but I gotta say that forging does not seem to be a very good motivation for running a node.

Yep, you should just buy $1000s of dollars of specialized equipment that can never be used for anything else and consumes a ton of power and mine bitcoins.

NXT VPS Server Donations can be sent here: 6044921191674841550
At the end of each month I will donate some of them back to the community.
This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:27:42 PM

CfB, how is the decentralised exchange testing going?

We've done with testing. Now all depends on when nexern completes his client.

yes, working on the client prototype and i am more than confident we have not
only the asset exchange until end next month. i would like to spend more time
on the client but i have to clear and finish some explorer issues before. don't like
to leave the explorer in an bad shape when starting fulltime with the client.
preparing a complete roadmap this weekend and post it here. some feedback would
be nice what additional features we like to see already integrated right from start.

Hi nexern. Are you considering listing your blockchain explorer company in the asset exchange ? we need some credible assets at first and I can' think of any better example.
I am going to buy your first share.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:28:27 PM

I want to post more links on nxt big giveaway but I can't. There is no "reply" button http://clip2net.com/s/6tgweZ. Closed?
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 03:29:47 PM

for example: USD/NXT gateway could issue Nxt in IPO....people can buy a share of the company and get a monthly dividence of nxt based on there holdings.

BCNext

Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I want to run a business.  I issue an asset (let's call it Krusty Krab tokens - KKT).  I set quantity of KKT to 1000.  I announce that I sell KKT for 20 NXT each and pay 5 NXT monthly interest within next 6 months.  I create an ask order -- 1000 KKT for 20,000 NXT.  You create a transaction that sends me 500 NXT for 25 KKT.  It's up to you what to do with your 25 KKT (you can place an ask order and sell them for 27 NXT) but each month I will check the blockchain to see who owns KKT.  And I will send 5 NXT for each KKT to those who owns them. 

Of course we want a usd/ Nxt gateway. But I fail to understand why it is so important. Soon you can sell/ buy Nxt at Btc-e, Bitstamp in both usd, bct and multiple other exchanges. They are centralized but have already worked so far and have certain trust of the communities.

What is truly innovative and disruptive about the Nxt asset exchange is to give internet start-up a direct way of raising money and growing their business in global scale.

A NXT/USD gateway in the Nxt exchange would represent something like Chase Manhattan in the real world but decentralized....it would be profitable from day one cuz all USD/NXT transactions go thru it.

I suppose you can IPO that gateway to be the first company in the asset exchange. Of course it is going to be an important company. I am just saying that the Nxt asset exchange is much bigger than just an usd/ nxt gateway. There are many more businesses that could make IPO and list in Nxt asset exchange.

I think someone should really thing right now about how to operate an usd/ nxt if you are an owner. It is not going to be easy since you have to able able to convert usd/ nxt at will for anyone who ask. It is easier and less risky to operate a btc/ nxt exchange.  Remember in nxt asset excahnge, we are dealing with real assets not the kind of pseudo- indicators as in Bitshare community envisions

I edited my post....1st IPO should be BTC/NXT.....the reason is this gateway won't fail and it will stablize the system and give stable returns.

other IPO would be more risky....so we gotta start with less risky companies until the exchange develops further.

You have to think about how it is going to work. Just because someone says this gateway is not going to fall does not mean it is not going to fall. Nothing gives you a stable return unless you take a certain amount of risk.

It would be the only channel to exchange BTC/NXT or NXT/BTC on the Nxt Exchange....and the shares would be a new source of liquidity....another source of income parallel to mining.

It is not free market and decentralization. Everyone should be free to open an exchange if they can persuade the economy to trust them.

Secondly, your model is flawed economically. Nothing can guarantee you a certain rate of exchange between Nxt/ Btc.   

Not the rate of exchange....the BTC/Nxt Gateway charges a simple/set service fee....the total service fees collected....would then be divided at the end of the month and send to those accounts holding BTC/NXT shares/tokens.....based on the percentage of their holdings

Who controls the account holding Nxt ? who controls the account holding Btc ? Who making the transfer upon a request ? Still one individual need to step up to do that task. He can use his own btc/ nxt account or he can mobilize nxt/ bct from other to make a partnership. That's a business decision.

But other people should also be free to do the same. Who we are to impose the rule of one exchange ? isn't it monopoly ?

It will be automatic....no need for individuals...its needs to be decentralized.....the company is publicly owned.....the person who codes this 1st get to make a cut during IPO....a reward for their hard work.

The issue is that the gateway can run out of Btc or Nxt. You can never be sure of that. Nxt and Bct are individual asetts you can't force people to send their assets to the gateway. You have to consider the possibility of the gateway going bankrupt and being delisted

the gateway runs on the network it has no profit or loss....it just collect fees and divids them based on who owns the percentages of the share say at 12 am on the 1st day of the month Shanghai time.

if no fees are collected nothing is paid out

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:30:20 PM

Is it worth to run a node with around 1000 Nxt? Will I be able to forge anything thats worth it?

Another way of saying this is that if you run a forging node with 1000 NXT, you will earn only 1 NXT for every 1 million NXTs that are charged as fees.  Thus you will "double" your 1000 NXT initial forging stake only when THE ENTIRE AMOUNT OF AVAILABLE NXT has cycled through once not as transactions, but FEES.

Maybe it's just me, but I gotta say that forging does not seem to be a very good motivation for running a node.

This example only goes when ALL NXT are in play. The percentage is calculated over all NXT that are in accounts running nodes. If they are not, then the percentage changes.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:32:05 PM

BCNext

Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I want to run a business.  I issue an asset (let's call it Krusty Krab tokens - KKT).  I set quantity of KKT to 1000.  I announce that I sell KKT for 20 NXT each and pay 5 NXT monthly interest within next 6 months.  I create an ask order -- 1000 KKT for 20,000 NXT.  You create a transaction that sends me 500 NXT for 25 KKT.  It's up to you what to do with your 25 KKT (you can place an ask order and sell them for 27 NXT) but each month I will check the blockchain to see who owns KKT.  And I will send 5 NXT for each KKT to those who owns them. 

I think someone should really thing right now about how to operate an usd/ nxt if you are an owner. It is not going to be easy since you have to able able to convert usd/ nxt at will for anyone who ask. It is easier and less risky to operate a btc/ nxt exchange.  Remember in nxt asset excahnge, we are dealing with real assets not the kind of pseudo- indicators as in Bitshare community envisions

The issue is that the gateway can run out of Btc or Nxt. You can never be sure of that. Nxt and Bct are individual asetts you can't force people to send their assets to the gateway. You have to consider the possibility of the gateway going bankrupt and being delisted

the gateway runs on the network it has no profit or loss....it just collect fees and divids them based on who owns the percentages of the share say at 12 am on the 1st day of the month Shanghai time.

I dont think you understand the business of running an exchange. Please read more first.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ZeroTheGreat

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:33:18 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 06:56:33 PM by ZeroTheGreat

If the only thing needed to access an address is the password, what would happen if more than 1 addresses have the same password?

Can´t happen.
Can happen with extremely low probability, system'll give u warning, if I correct. Not many accs to same (created in mind, or stolen copies) passphrases (1 phrase unlock 1 account), but equal hashes (account id) to both phrases.
notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:33:26 PM

With traditional coins, mining pools allow a steady income rather than once-in-a-lifetime lottery windfall when (/if) you finally get a block. Is there to be a similar concept for someone to bother forging with only a handful of NXT?
NxtChoice

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:34:16 PM

To anyone running non-hallmarked nodes that would like to:

Please post here and I will seed you some NXT to make it happen.

I have set up a public node with 2G RAM.

I am at home and using home wifi connection, and my service provider can't give me static IP, so how to public and hallmarked my node?

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:34:33 PM

Nice, a lot more nodes online today.  Is the Raspberry Pi thing working out?  Do we have any idea how many Raspberry Pis are currently operating as nodes?  Any issues running Nxt on them?
gbeirn

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:35:24 PM

With traditional coins, mining pools allow a steady income rather than once-in-a-lifetime lottery windfall when (/if) you finally get a block. Is there to be a similar concept for someone to bother forging with only a handful of NXT?

Nothing is stopping anyone from creating a pool to do the same thing. You would have to trust the operator however and send them your NXT first.

This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
ViktorK

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:36:03 PM

So, you dont have the same issue, right? What version are you personally running?

0.4.8. I do have this issue time to time.

Sorry, CfB, can you add constantly link to the last or recommended version to your first post in this thread? Wikll be much easier find it inside topic in this case.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:36:21 PM

BCNext

Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I dont think you understand the business of running an exchange. Please read more first.

Guys, why do u quote so much text? Remember, all this will be included into the Bible 2.0, let's save some trees...
gbeirn

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:36:41 PM

I am at home and using home wifi connection, and my service provider can't give me static IP, so how to public and hallmarked my node?

I am not sure with a dynamic IP address, did anyone every figure out something for this?

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:37:02 PM

If the only thing needed to access an address is the password, what would happen if more than 1 addresses have the same password?

Can´t happen.
Can happen with extremely low probability, system'll give u warning, if I correct. Not same passphrases (1 phrase unlock 1 account), but equal hases (account id) to both phrases.

I stand corrected  Grin

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
gbeirn

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:37:42 PM

BCNext

Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

Guys, why do u quote so much text? Remember, all this will be included into the Bible 2.0, let's save some trees...

I think you mean electrons Wink Won't someone think of the electrons!

laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:38:21 PM

I am not sure with a dynamic IP address, did anyone every figure out something for this?

Try to set it up on a dynamic dns service, and tell us if it reliably works.

http://freedns.afraid.org/
http://www.noip.com/
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:39:04 PM

Yep, you should just buy $1000s of dollars of specialized equipment that can never be used for anything else and consumes a ton of power and mine bitcoins.

Ha ha ha.  Here's some reading material for you:

http://www.drdouggreen.com/wp-content/Propaganda.pdf
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/1964:fourteen-propaganda-techniques-fox-news-uses-to-brainwash-americans

Comparing something bad with something worse doesn't make the original thing less bad.  

NXT nodes are needed to make NXT strong.  Those nodes are only going to be stood up by people motivated to do so.  I repeat my contention that forging does not seen to be a strong motivator for setting up NXT nodes when examined closely.  This could be a problem.   This forum exists to address to problems.

Me going out and buying Bitcoin ASICs as you suggest does not address the problem I identify.  Keep thinking, maybe you can come up with a better idea.
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: