Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:40:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
usecoinsnotcash

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:48:21 PM

NXT almost overtaking master coin very cool!! If anyone would like to buy my NXT please PM me, selling them asap
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:54:17 PM

NXT almost overtaking master coin very cool!! If anyone would like to buy my NXT please PM me, selling them asap

Possible happens, not sure what happens when MSC will use milli-mastercoins. The problem for mastercoin is the BTC per Mastercoin.
Another problem is that 80% of the new NXT adopters and MSC adopters dont even know what NXT or MSC is.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:54:28 PM

Yes, parallelization is more sophisticated. Current implementation is called Nxt Reference Software. We could optimize networking by using binary protocol instead of JSON, but this would increase entry barrier for newbie programmers. The same is applied to other parts of NRS.

So if I understand it right, the idea is that the community develops new clients that are functionally the same as NRS (i.e. do the same thing, and communicate with other peers using the same protocol), either by forking NRS or starting from scratch (perhaps in another language). But where/when is Next defined, e.g. requirements on behaviour and communication protocol? Will this be separately released, or does the specification basically equal the source code (bugs & all)?
davethetrousers

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:54:36 PM

Mastercoin devs scrambling to crash dgex ...

utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:54:59 PM

I think a better idea would be to IPO the service providers/gateways

for example: USD/NXT gateway could issue Nxt in IPO....people can buy a share of the company and get a monthly dividence of nxt based on there holdings.

BCNext

Re: [ANN] Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin
November 08, 2013, 07:59:19 AM
Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I want to run a business.  I issue an asset (let's call it Krusty Krab tokens - KKT).  I set quantity of KKT to 1000.  I announce that I sell KKT for 20 NXT each and pay 5 NXT monthly interest within next 6 months.  I create an ask order -- 1000 KKT for 20,000 NXT.  You create a transaction that sends me 500 NXT for 25 KKT.  It's up to you what to do with your 25 KKT (you can place an ask order and sell them for 27 NXT) but each month I will check the blockchain to see who owns KKT.  And I will send 5 NXT for each KKT to those who owns them.  

Of course we want a usd/ Nxt gateway. But I fail to understand why it is so important. Soon you can sell/ buy Nxt at Btc-e, Bitstamp in both usd, bct and multiple other exchanges. They are centralized but have already worked so far and have certain trust of the communities.

What is truly innovative and disruptive about the Nxt asset exchange is to give internet start-up a direct way of raising money and growing their business in global scale.

A NXT/USD gateway in the Nxt exchange would represent something like Chase Manhattan in the real world but decentralized....it would be profitable from day one cuz all USD/NXT transactions go thru it.

I suppose you can IPO that gateway to be the first company in the asset exchange. Of course it is going to be an important company. I am just saying that the Nxt asset exchange is much bigger than just an usd/ nxt gateway. There are many more businesses that could make IPO and list in Nxt asset exchange.

I think someone should really thing right now about how to operate an usd/ nxt if you are an owner. It is not going to be easy since you have to able able to convert usd/ nxt at will for anyone who ask. It is easier and less risky to operate a btc/ nxt exchange.  Remember in nxt asset exchange, we are dealing with real assets not the kind of pseudo- indicators as in Bitshare community envisions

I understand why BCnext has to be anonymous.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:56:00 PM

Yes, parallelization is more sophisticated. Current implementation is called Nxt Reference Software. We could optimize networking by using binary protocol instead of JSON, but this would increase entry barrier for newbie programmers. The same is applied to other parts of NRS.

So if I understand it right, the idea is that the community develops new clients that are functionally the same as NRS (i.e. do the same thing, and communicate with other peers using the same protocol), either by forking NRS or starting from scratch (perhaps in another language). But where/when is Next defined, e.g. requirements on behaviour and communication protocol? Will this be separately released, or does the specification basically equal the source code (bugs & all)?

The same as in Bitcoin. Protocol is defined by code (including bugs and work-arounds).
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:56:03 PM

No reason for them to do that.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
intel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:57:12 PM

No.

Looks like a bug. I bet it will be found and fixed after 3rd of Jan.

So, you dont have the same issue, right? What version are you personally running?

[!] 24.7 NXT News Portal. Real-Time Update. Share your own news with NXT community and get FREE NXT!
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:58:31 PM

for example: USD/NXT gateway could issue Nxt in IPO....people can buy a share of the company and get a monthly dividence of nxt based on there holdings.

BCNext

Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I want to run a business.  I issue an asset (let's call it Krusty Krab tokens - KKT).  I set quantity of KKT to 1000.  I announce that I sell KKT for 20 NXT each and pay 5 NXT monthly interest within next 6 months.  I create an ask order -- 1000 KKT for 20,000 NXT.  You create a transaction that sends me 500 NXT for 25 KKT.  It's up to you what to do with your 25 KKT (you can place an ask order and sell them for 27 NXT) but each month I will check the blockchain to see who owns KKT.  And I will send 5 NXT for each KKT to those who owns them. 

Of course we want a usd/ Nxt gateway. But I fail to understand why it is so important. Soon you can sell/ buy Nxt at Btc-e, Bitstamp in both usd, bct and multiple other exchanges. They are centralized but have already worked so far and have certain trust of the communities.

What is truly innovative and disruptive about the Nxt asset exchange is to give internet start-up a direct way of raising money and growing their business in global scale.

A NXT/USD gateway in the Nxt exchange would represent something like Chase Manhattan bank in the real world but decentralized....it would be profitable from day one cuz all USD/NXT transactions go thru it.

Edit:
Imaging the volume of fee generated by BTC/Nxt Gateway....this gateway should be the 1st Nxt Asset Exchange IPO.

so it would not be under the control of one individual...and anyone can buy in at anytime.

this IPO would see huge demand!

The gateway has to be one individual's responsibility. This person needs to be loaded so that he can perform the act of exchanging Nxt/ Btc at any request of buyers/ sellers. It is not going to be an easy task.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 02:58:52 PM

BCNext

Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I want to run a business.  I issue an asset (let's call it Krusty Krab tokens - KKT).  I set quantity of KKT to 1000.  I announce that I sell KKT for 20 NXT each and pay 5 NXT monthly interest within next 6 months.  I create an ask order -- 1000 KKT for 20,000 NXT.  You create a transaction that sends me 500 NXT for 25 KKT.  It's up to you what to do with your 25 KKT (you can place an ask order and sell them for 27 NXT) but each month I will check the blockchain to see who owns KKT.  And I will send 5 NXT for each KKT to those who owns them.  

A NXT/USD gateway in the Nxt exchange would represent something like Chase Manhattan in the real world but decentralized....it would be profitable from day one cuz all USD/NXT transactions go thru it.

I suppose you can IPO that gateway to be the first company in the asset exchange. Of course it is going to be an important company. I am just saying that the Nxt asset exchange is much bigger than just an usd/ nxt gateway. There are many more businesses that could make IPO and list in Nxt asset exchange.

I think someone should really thing right now about how to operate an usd/ nxt if you are an owner. It is not going to be easy since you have to able able to convert usd/ nxt at will for anyone who ask. It is easier and less risky to operate a btc/ nxt exchange.  Remember in nxt asset excahnge, we are dealing with real assets not the kind of pseudo- indicators as in Bitshare community envisions

I edited my post....1st IPO should be BTC/NXT.....the reason is this gateway won't fail and it will stablize the system and give stable returns.

other IPO would be more risky....so we gotta start with less risky companies until the exchange develops further.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:59:49 PM

So, you dont have the same issue, right? What version are you personally running?

0.4.8. I do have this issue time to time.
usecoinsnotcash

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:00:05 PM

Possible happens, not sure what happens when MSC will use milli-mastercoins. The problem for mastercoin is the BTC per Mastercoin.
Another problem is that 80% of the new NXT adopters and MSC adopters dont even know what NXT or MSC is.

Hahaha very true!
davethetrousers

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:00:42 PM

No reason for them to do that.

If they really really really want to stay ahead in marketcap? lulz

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 03:01:00 PM

Newcn,

The simplegateway doesnt need you to create any special account, you can use your existing wallet
It is a modal page, so if you have it set to deposit, it will ask for your ripple address, if withdraw your coin address

To everyone suffering from dgex outages, I would like to make proposal
I would like to complete development of tradiing page asap so that between now and availability of peer to peer xchange, we will have distributed wxchange using ripple network. There are more than just ripple's servers and with google as a backer, let the ddosers go up against the distributed ripple network

Maybe after end of jan, nobody will want to use our exchange, so this is a big risk for us. I think that even after peer to peer xchange is in nxt, there will still be a lot of people who will want to get some fiat, we all have to buy groceries somehow. We already have usd gateway so you can convert btc/nxt to usd

Ripple is also very popular in china and this could provide an easy path for Chinese investors

I think the next six weeks are critical and having a stable way to trade nxt is strategically important, i am hoping to get significant founder support

I want to provide nxt exchange with commissions of 0, fees of 0, deposit fee of 0, withdrawal fee of zero
We believe enough in nxt future to pay for our expenses from forging revenues.

I hope the community will see the value that a totally frictionless trading for nxt will do.

There is no such place for btc anymore, btc china used to be that way and got to $100 mil volume/day

All i need is a big enough bounty to pay for development costs and nxt will always be able to trade nxt without any fees, no withdrawal fees, automated deposit and withddrawal

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:01:22 PM

BCNext

Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I think someone should really thing right now about how to operate an usd/ nxt if you are an owner. It is not going to be easy since you have to able able to convert usd/ nxt at will for anyone who ask. It is easier and less risky to operate a btc/ nxt exchange.  Remember in nxt asset excahnge, we are dealing with real assets not the kind of pseudo- indicators as in Bitshare community envisions

I edited my post....1st IPO should be BTC/NXT.....the reason is this gateway won't fail and it will stablize the system and give stable returns.

other IPO would be more risky....so we gotta start with less risky companies until the exchange develops further.

You have to think about how it is going to work. Just because someone says this gateway is not going to fall does not mean it is not going to fall. Nothing gives you a stable return unless you take a certain amount of risk.

A Nxt blockchain explorer company by nxerm is the least risky I can think of right now. You buy the shares in his IPO and then the shares will be traded freely in the market. Nxt blockchain is the proven service to the company so that give the share the value.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 03:01:26 PM

Hahaha very true!

Nxtsters are very informed....that is why the forum is 2000 members strong...plus Nxt is designed to be simple

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:01:40 PM

BTC can be interfaced on protocol level, noone will be able to run with bitcoins.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:02:53 PM

Code:
2013-12-26 16:49:45.050:WARN:oejs.ServletHandler:qtp1916388806-94: /nxt
java.lang.IllegalStateException: WRITER
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Response.getOutputStream(Response.java:931)
at Nxt.doGet(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:696)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1568)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain(DoSFilter.java:457)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter(DoSFilter.java:326)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter(DoSFilter.java:299)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1539)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:524)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:568)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:221)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1110)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:453)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:183)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1044)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:199)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:109)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:459)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:280)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:229)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$1.run(AbstractConnection.java:505)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:607)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:536)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 03:03:36 PM

BCNext

Reply with quote  #446
It is real.

Here is an example

I want to run a business.  I issue an asset (let's call it Krusty Krab tokens - KKT).  I set quantity of KKT to 1000.  I announce that I sell KKT for 20 NXT each and pay 5 NXT monthly interest within next 6 months.  I create an ask order -- 1000 KKT for 20,000 NXT.  You create a transaction that sends me 500 NXT for 25 KKT.  It's up to you what to do with your 25 KKT (you can place an ask order and sell them for 27 NXT) but each month I will check the blockchain to see who owns KKT.  And I will send 5 NXT for each KKT to those who owns them. 

I think someone should really thing right now about how to operate an usd/ nxt if you are an owner. It is not going to be easy since you have to able able to convert usd/ nxt at will for anyone who ask. It is easier and less risky to operate a btc/ nxt exchange.  Remember in nxt asset excahnge, we are dealing with real assets not the kind of pseudo- indicators as in Bitshare community envisions

You have to think about how it is going to work. Just because someone says this gateway is not going to fall does not mean it is not going to fall. Nothing gives you a stable return unless you take a certain amount of risk.

It would be the only channel to exchange BTC/NXT or NXT/BTC on the Nxt Exchange....and the shares would be a new source of liquidity....their price would move like a normal share....another source of income parallel to mining.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:05:31 PM

Code:
2013-12-26 16:49:45.050:WARN:oejs.ServletHandler:qtp1916388806-94: /nxt

This is just warning.
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: