Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
ZeroTheGreat

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:51:07 PM

Thx, 282781841918147385 Smiley
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:53:27 PM

If I ran a giveaway thread would any large stakeholders be interested in donating to it?

It is very important that large stake holders don't horde their coins or this project will die on the vine. We are already being accused of being "oligarchCoin" and this problem HAS to be dealt with swiftly if we want this project to prosper.

I'm not asking anyone to be altruistic here. If you are a stakeholder with 50million coins it is in YOUR self interest to give half of them away (im not asking you to give me 25million coins Tongue). If you widely disseminate half of your coins than the remaining 25million will probably be worth more someday than the 50 you otherwise horded. If you are such a large stakeholder than i understand that you probably don't have time to run a giveaway thread so that is why I would like to do it for you!

For those who are concerned that these coins will hit the market and drive down the price. I don't think that is such a worry. People who receive 10, 50, or 100 coins arn't going to turn around and dump them on dgex. It isn't even worth their time to register on dgex. But they definitely might register on dgex to buy more coins once they have had a taste.

If there is anyone who would like to support me in this, the amounts that i give out will be weighted by activity, post count, and membership seniority and registration date. I will also be reading their posts to make sure they pass the touring test. I will take countermeasures to insure that spammers do not exploit my thread.

If you are sitting on < than 3 million coins this is not for you. Like i said before im not asking for altruism, im asking for the help of people who it is in THEIR interest to give away coins, if you have less than 3 million than your interest is just to keep them for yourself. However what you can do to help is pass this message on to anyone you know who may be a large stake holder.

PM me if you are interested.

If all the original stakeholders put just 1% of their coins aside for bounties that would be almost 1000BTC of bounties on offer.

It's a form of protection and a way to strengthen their investment. It would also *really* help the marketing image if we could also point and say look at all these bounties that derived from the initial coin distribution and significantly impacted NCT's acceptance/marketing etc.
Pablito89

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:54:19 PM

If I ran a giveaway thread would any large stakeholders be interested in donating to it?

It is very important that large stake holders don't horde their coins or this project will die on the vine. We are already being accused of being "oligarchCoin" and this problem HAS to be dealt with swiftly if we want this project to prosper.

I'm not asking anyone to be altruistic here. If you are a stakeholder with 50million coins it is in YOUR self interest to give half of them away (im not asking you to give me 25million coins Tongue). If you widely disseminate half of your coins than the remaining 25million will probably be worth more someday than the 50 you otherwise horded. If you are such a large stakeholder than i understand that you probably don't have time to run a giveaway thread so that is why I would like to do it for you!

For those who are concerned that these coins will hit the market and drive down the price. I don't think that is such a worry. People who receive 10, 50, or 100 coins arn't going to turn around and dump them on dgex. It isn't even worth their time to register on dgex. But they definitely might register on dgex to buy more coins once they have had a taste.

If there is anyone who would like to support me in this, the amounts that i give out will be weighted by activity, post count, and membership seniority and registration date. I will also be reading their posts to make sure they pass the touring test. I will take countermeasures to insure that spammers do not exploit my thread.

If you are sitting on < than 3 million coins this is not for you. Like i said before im not asking for altruism, im asking for the help of people who it is in THEIR interest to give away coins, if you have less than 3 million than your interest is just to keep them for yourself. However what you can do to help is pass this message on to anyone you know who may be a large stake holder.

If all the original stakeholders put just 1% of their coins aside for bounties that would be almost 1000BTC of bounties on offer.

It's a form of protection and a way to strengthen their investment. It would also *really* help the marketing image if we could also point and say look at all these bounties that derived from the initial coin distribution and significantly impacted NCT's acceptance/marketing etc.

i think they know that
ZeroTheGreat

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:54:46 PM

If you are a stakeholder with 50million coins it is in YOUR self interest
I'm intrested in many thing. Game theories one of them. Only-PoS currencies bring something almost new (well, we all've resourses: time and knowlege/skills and we're non-stop sharing it) to the table: how to share (in this case, money) to absolute win-win? That's the question, not a simple one (instead of what some relatively poor people think).
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:55:27 PM

I have an idea, maybe you could continue my work on the Giveaway thread (or start a new one) and I will pass you a part of the pool remainings I have.

Just before your post here I posted this @BOUNTY thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345773.msg4143715#msg4143715

EDIT: I want to concentrate on supporting developers/ITs
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:56:25 PM

i think they know that

i hope they do. but fundamentally the problem is not that other people dont have enough but rather that they have too much. people are calling this a scamcoin because they thing the wealth is too concentrated in the hands to too few.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
greyw00lf

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:56:52 PM

That's exactly what i think the big stakeholders should do to make NXT succeed, imho the ONLY way.
I totally agree with Anon136 here. I hope you will get that giveaway thread going.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:57:51 PM

I have an idea, maybe you could continue my work on the Giveaway thread (or start a new one) and I will pass you a part of the pool remainings I have.

I think having multiple giveaway threads is definitely best

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
nov

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

Independent crypto developer

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 11:59:27 PM

Could somebody explain why there is "Matrix has you..." title in the middle of black web page when running NXT raspberry package somebody created on raspberry?
Instead of providing NXT wallet interface there?

Here is the screenshot

I do not understand what that means.

Does not look serious.

WowDoge - DogeCoin Lightweight Wallet DOGE: DLoawzLvw5WvvpGUkSTxrwMgKhkamsqFo7
Vertigo - VertCoin Lightweight Wallet VTC: VertGv5nVwYYR7mTmDDeAP9et1NJyAsC9P | Exelite - ExeCoin Lightweight Wallet EXE: ELiteWbMDwX95YZj5Jf5BkHS54qbH7wpXg | Lightweight Wallet Creation Service
MultiCoin - Multiple Crypto Coin Lightweight Wallet in Development BTC: 1EKT9uaaDbTRuwjttFQbfax7KmGNZX32HP | BitcoinViewer - Bitcoin Balances & Transactions on iPhone/iPad BTC: 1NEvfbiA5Bs2sG2jqRdCidGUjLD5JjAjEZ
ZeroTheGreat

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:59:42 PM

i hope they do. but fundamentally the problem is not that other people dont have enough but rather that they have too much. people are calling this a scamcoin because they thing the wealth is too concentrated in the hands to too few.
Well, nothing stops that people from learning of disassembling Java binaries to create a fork project with trully fair (where will be some more 0.0...% of humanity in list Grin ) distribution of all coins at start. Am I right?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:00:58 AM

I think having multiple giveaway threads is definitely best
Ok, see this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345773.msg4143850#msg4143850
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:03:16 AM

Could somebody explain why there is "Matrix has you..." title in the middle of black web page when running NXT raspberry package somebody created on raspberry?

Here is the screenshot

Does not look serious.
use 127.0.0.1 other IP addresses are not authorized
Pablito89

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

Here is the screenshot

Does not look serious.

First time i saw this i said: "fuck someone hacked me"
You just need to insert your IP address into the web.xml file, under "allowedUserHosts"
nov

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 12:10:17 AM

Can not use 127.0.0.1 on my raspberry because I want to access it from my other parts of my network from notebook e.g.. and I do not have installed X Window on Raspberry to be able to access it via Real VNC. Would like to allow it to access.

Here is the screenshot

Does not look serious.
use 127.0.0.1 other IP addresses are not authorized

Vertigo - VertCoin Lightweight Wallet VTC: VertGv5nVwYYR7mTmDDeAP9et1NJyAsC9P | Exelite - ExeCoin Lightweight Wallet EXE: ELiteWbMDwX95YZj5Jf5BkHS54qbH7wpXg | Lightweight Wallet Creation Service
MultiCoin - Multiple Crypto Coin Lightweight Wallet in Development BTC: 1EKT9uaaDbTRuwjttFQbfax7KmGNZX32HP | BitcoinViewer - Bitcoin Balances & Transactions on iPhone/iPad BTC: 1NEvfbiA5Bs2sG2jqRdCidGUjLD5JjAjEZ
xyzzyx

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:12:22 AM

Could somebody explain why there is "Matrix has you..." title in the middle of black web page when running NXT raspberry package ....

Does not look serious.

It's the equivalent of an error 403 Forbidden.  Add your computer's IP to allowedUserHosts in webapps/root/WEB-INF/web.xml

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Pablito89

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:12:41 AM

add you locals IP then or just put "*" as Ip into web.xml
nov

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

I had the same feeling from it. That I installed wrong software. Going to edit allowedUserHosts. Thanks.

Here is the screenshot

Does not look serious.

First time i saw this i said: "fuck someone hacked me"
You just need to insert your IP address into the web.xml file, under "allowedUserHosts"

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:13:20 AM

On the subject of NXT distribution.....I've been reading alt-coin fora til my eyes bleed over the last few days and distribution is one of the very few, and possibly the only really critical issue with NXT at this moment.

The price is going nuts, which is good for NXT holders pockets, but we need exponential growth of NXT users right now, not just a pretty market cap.

(This is speaking as someone who only got in for a quick profit at first, but now i'm converted.....): the price needs to stabilize for a while, keep the market fed and bring more people in.

So start throwing the NXT out there, stakeholders, it'll be good for NXT in the long term.

(U could always start by giving me a few million to, er......distribute)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bybitcoin

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:14:10 AM

We need to survive until 3rd of January.

I think there'll be even more needed then, when source code is opened = more DDOS and other type of attacks, there is only 1 week left to build a large network.

Just brainstorming here as an ardent NXT supporter/Linux script kiddie trying to set up his first VPN at digitalocean to help out a little while learning a lot, so be gentle when you tell me this is a stupid idea.

You could possibly kill two birds with one stone by coming up with a step-by-step checklist on how to make a Raspberry Pi into a NXT node, if such a thing is possible.  It already runs a form of Debian.  There's over a million Pis out there in the hands of hundreds of thousands of people willing to try something new with it.  By going over to the Raspberry Pi forum at raspberrypi.org and making a single post, you could probably get thousands of people to do this in a week.   If a generous donor gave Eben and Liz Upton of the Raspberry Pi Foundation (a most worthy UK charity pushing the Pi as an educational computer) a substantial NXT donation, plus staked any new Raspberry Pi node operator with 10 NXT, you could get some massive publicity, have a massive number of nodes, plus get a massive number of new people introduced to NXT in a very short period of time.   If Liz would do it as a site headline article there could be an avalanche of NXT nodes in 24 hours.   Win win win.

Plus, when the apocalyptic showdown between Bitcoin and NXT starts in earnest in a week, there would be a certain delicious irony seeing $5000 ASIC operators in a death match with $25 Pi operators.

I allocated 60K Nxt from our bounty pool for this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345773.msg4143640#msg4143640
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:21:15 AM

On the subject of NXT distribution.....I've been reading alt-coin fora til my eyes bleed over the last few days and distribution is one of the very few, and possibly the only really critical issue with NXT at this moment.

The price is going nuts, which is good for NXT holders pockets, but we need exponential growth of NXT users right now, not just a pretty market cap.

(This is speaking as someone who only got in for a quick profit at first, but now i'm converted.....): the price needs to stabilize for a while, keep the market fed and bring more people in.

So start throwing the NXT out there, stakeholders, it'll be good for NXT in the long term.

(U could always start by giving me a few million to, er......distribute)

Gotta love sitting on most of the 100% pre-generated coins and seeing it rise 5000% within a month, with only one exchange owned by the owner of the system, eh? Grin

Who doesn't? Smart stuff indeed! Grin

1: there is no owner
2: Dgex is run by a company, which belongs to one of the stakeholders (everyone is a stakeholder who owns at least 1 nxt)
3: you can also start your exchange if you would like to
4: there is a thread on cryptsy asking them to add nxt
5: look at the trading volume. 1000 btc, only at dgex.. ( but i agree that distribution could be much better)
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: