Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:26:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:34:07 PM

NXTarea.com went public!
My new site NXTarea.com is now open for everyone! Smiley

Love the site!

Nice site, congrats!

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyw00lf

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Stable release 0.5.5:

http://download.nxtcrypto.org/nxt-client-0.5.5.zip

sha256: aa20fb32fe7e6cda7debee59928d5aea8ff7c581c58a56ff68e8252eaf9368c7

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

btw...

gpg: Signature made Sat Jan 11 19:19:06 2014 CET using RSA key ID 3BF9ED80
gpg: Good signature from "Jean-Luc Picard (Lead Developer of The Nxt Generation) <jlp666@yandex.ru>"

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:41:10 PM

acc 12344:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=12344

btw one czech guy registered some accounts and he is registering aliases there only with 2-3 Nxt from faucets.. it would be much faster if he created one acc and buy there 100 nxts Smiley
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 09:41:31 PM

rickyjames,

I've got most of the whitepaper content thrown together, but it is still very rough and not really reading like a whitepaper to me.

It needs somebody elses touch and I like how you write. Could you take a stab at editing it so it reads like a whitepaper? I have some more content for NXT yields section 11, but the rest is ready for some new eyes

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
davethetrousers

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:42:38 PM

gpg: Good signature from "Jean-Luc Picard"

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:50:07 PM

NXTarea.com went public!

We have an online wallet and a big link list. I redirected CoinArea.net to the new site as well. The faucet was dry for several days already and nobody is willing to donate. That's why the faucet goes offline and won't come back. Use wesley's one. Wink

Currently I am developing a few small games and a place to promote NXT businesses. Let me know if you have nice ideas. Smiley
Love the site. Look clean and modern. Do you have a plan to monetize it ? You could have a chunk coming from affiliate links in the future.

Yes, in the future. When the asset exchange will come online I will distribute 10% of the site to the public. At that point there won't be any income. The income will come later.

In the future there will be many games and other services. I won't monetize the link list, because that is a gift to the community. But there will be another link list for companies (monetized). Wink

NXTarea.com went public!
Love the site!
Nice site, congrats!

Thank you both! Smiley

Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 09:53:24 PM

symbol is finally changed on coinmarket!

http://coinmarketcap.com/

thx bitcoinpaul I think

Pin

From a sales/marketing perspective... I think that calling Nextcoin by "Nxt" instead of "Nextcoin" is a huge mistake.

Nothing kills adoption faster then "confusion".  Calling something "Nxt" is confusing as hell.  I know u commented on my video once n asked me to use the term Nxt instead of Nextcoin n it took several weeks before I realized what you were even talking about.

I think we should have stuck with the term "Nextcoin".

Instead of relying on fancy names to promote Nextcoin, we should be focused on making solid features on Nxt and make it as user friendly and easy to understand as possible.

This is one area that is still lacking in the crypto market despite the fact that we have dozens of different currencies.

people who are already in the crypto currency market can figure out and understand what "Nxt" is… But people new to the crypto currency market will have no clue (unless they do extensive research) to even know that Nxt is a crypto currency.

Confusion is not good for public adoption...

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:58:29 PM

thx bitcoinpaul I think

Pin

From a sales/marketing perspective... I think that calling Nextcoin by "Nxt" instead of "Nextcoin" is a huge mistake.

Nothing kills adoption faster then "confusion".  Calling something "Nxt" is confusing as hell.  I know u commented on my video once n asked me to use the term Nxt instead of Nextcoin n it took several weeks before I realized what you were even talking about.

Instead of relying on fancy names to promote Nextcoin, we should be focused on making solid features on Nxt and make it as user friendly and easy to understand as possible.

This is one area that is still lacking in the crypto market despite the fact that we have dozens of different currencies.

people who are already in the crypto currency market can figure out and understand what "Nxt" is… But people new to the crypto currency market will have no clue (unless they do extensive research) to even know that Nxt is a crypto currency.

Nextcoin would be just as confusing, because Nxt isn't a coin, or rather not just a coin. The "coin" is part of the larger system.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 09:59:50 PM

thx bitcoinpaul I think

Pin

I agree that confusion is best avoided.

NXT enables an entire digital economy and also creates ways for people to earn an income. It is much more than a coin. 4 of the top 10 (by marketcap) cryptos have no mention of "coin", so it does not seem to be such a critical issue of mass confusion.

I think if each NXT feature was marketed on its own merits, then the confusion will be minimized. No need to explain to somebody that is interested in Arbitrary Messages, all the details of Asset Exchange. Just need one hook to get somebody interested in NXT. Then there is the excellent wiki where they can find out all they need (or want) to know about NXT.

James

idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:02:21 PM

Looks cool, anyone speak Russian.
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:02:40 PM

thx bitcoinpaul I think

Pin

I agree that confusion is best avoided.

NXT enables an entire digital economy and also creates ways for people to earn an income. It is much more than a coin. 4 of the top 10 (by marketcap) cryptos have no mention of "coin", so it does not seem to be such a critical issue of mass confusion.

I think if each NXT feature was marketed on its own merits, then the confusion will be minimized. No need to explain to somebody that is interested in Arbitrary Messages, all the details of Asset Exchange. Just need one hook to get somebody interested in NXT. Then there is the excellent wiki where they can find out all they need (or want) to know about NXT.

James

So if I understand correctly some kind of format like: "Asset exchange, powered by Nxt", where asset exchange could get it's own marketable trademark, too?

wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:06:29 PM

Due to abuse I've had to change the system at http://nxtra.org/faucet - where previously you only needed to enter your account number, you now also need to enter your email address.

Could a couple of users who haven't used the faucet yet please try this and report if it works correctly for them?

Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:11:04 PM

Due to abuse I've had to change the system at http://nxtra.org/faucet - where previously you only needed to enter your account number, you now also need to enter your email address.

Could a couple of users who haven't used the faucet yet please try this and report if it works correctly for them?

Seems to work. At least I get the confirmation email etc.
I also like the little game instead of CAPTCHA.

wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:15:40 PM

Seems to work. At least I get the confirmation email etc.
I also like the little game instead of CAPTCHA.

Cool, thanks for testing!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:16:44 PM

So if I understand correctly some kind of format like: "Asset exchange, powered by Nxt", where asset exchange could get it's own marketable trademark, too?

yes, something like that. We don't want to be marketing a swiss army knife. People will assume that each component is some limited version. We want to market a powerful "Asset Exchange", "Arbitrary Messages", etc. Each should be strong enough to standalone and even have its own non-generic identity.

We don't want it to be like seeing generic versions of many different types of products, but rather premium versions each in its own category. NXT is always there under the hood, powering things. Anybody that digs below the surface will find that NXT is powering a whole lot of things.

For example, a company like Johnson and Johnson has many recognizable brands, but they market each brand to its specific market. The fact that they are all Johnson and Johnson brands is not really a factor. Any investor that does research into JnJ will find out that it has all these brands and more: tylenol, visine, splenda, nicorrete, sudafed, listerene, band-aid, ben-gay, neosporin, etc.

Each of these brands could be an entire company all by itself.

Which is more impressive, a company with a dozen generic products or powerful brands in a dozen categories?

At some point, we probably should come up with a non-generic name for each of the new features. This can all be wrapped into a separate NXTIPO. Decentralized. Develop each brand independently. NXT becomes the sum of all the brands, but not just an additive sum, because NXT will be the ONLY crypto that has all these features and the smart investors will certainly figure this out

James

Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:22:51 PM

Anybody get the new admin email from DGEX on fees? Withdrawal feel lowered to .6% starting on Monday, possibly removed altogether sometime in February (paraphrasing).

It's about time they wizened up n realized they hurt themselves more by jacking up the rates which killed the momentum for adopting nxt.  Now that fees have been lowered, lets hope that trading volume will increase again....

I got the same email from DGEX:

Dear DGEX Trader,

The new year is well in progress, and new winds are blowing everywhere in the cryptocurrency scene!

As a DGEX customer, it is appropriate to bring you a recap of recent happenings and future plans of DGEX.

DGEX announced small trading fees and NXT withdrawal fee on January 3rd. The fees were not applied until a couple of days later, and the NXT withdrawal fee was shortly afterwards lowered to 0.9%.

The fees caused repercussions not wholly anticipated. Many customers unfortunately perceived fees as betrayal, as they had become accustomed to DGEX providing free conversions to NXT at its own expense for five weeks.

This reaction happened despite the fact that on the DGEX FAQ page it was prominently stated since launch in November: "NXT withdrawals carry no fee until the end of 2013".

We now, however, understand our customers and wish to do our part in proving that the decision was not motivated by greed or malevolent intent towards NXT market, but dictated by circumstances. Essentially it was our own immature business decision.

Starting from Monday Jan 13th 2014, DGEX will lower its NXT withdrawal fee to 0.6% and it will be lowered further - possibly removed altogether - in February when DGEX has recovered some of its losses suffered in the initial free trading period.

As an extra bonus, and to test the effect to trading volume, DGEX will be offering 0.05% fee trades for a number of days in January. These days will be a surprise and are announced on the DGEX.com web site.

In addition, DGEX will from January 13th onwards pay a referral commission of 0.2% of EVERY DEPOSIT from any confirmed deposits of a customer that an existing client has referred to DGEX.com. Referral tracking is automated, but can also be manually entered on your DGEX member area in case a referrer is not assigned. You can view your own referral URL after logging into your client account.

Last, I would like to comment on the negative sentiment towards DGEX as may be observed in part of the NXT community. We, as many of our psychologically cultivated customers, have noticed an obvious campaign against NXT in general - but especially against DGEX in the cryptocurrency forums. This campaign is apparently lead by agitators that wish to harm DGEX's business for the perceived benefit of an unknown party.

There is a term for this kind of covert manipulation campaigns in the internet - trolling. The "trolls" hitting DGEX are operating smoothly, coordinating and steering the consensus towards making DGEX look bad for any decisions we make in business.

In addition to the public agitation, there are various psychological tricks employed, aimed at diverting us from our main line of business. These include sophisticated hacking attempts and attacks against the DGEX web site (that take a lot of time to combat), and rather concerning death threats against myself and my family, the reason being application of fees. It fits the campaign perfectly that our moderators need to remove some of the most blatant texts from nextcoin.org - the major NXT community portal operated by DGEX.com since the beginning of NXT times. Attempts to keep the forum clean of schemes, insults and negative agenda propels the trolls to claim one crime more - "suppression of free speech".

If coming across such claims, I would suggest you tap into your reason and consider what possible long term benefit would the alleged party (DGEX) gain in performing such things or acting from the motivations presented. If there is none, chances are you are being misled.

Those things aside, with our respected customers I am happy to continue our mutual journey towards NXT's success. Volume and liquidity are good and we will be looking at some very exciting (and profitable, for you!) announcements in the next few weeks!

Thank you for your continuing support.

Graviton Capital
DGEX.com

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:27:41 PM

yes, something like that. We don't want to be marketing a swiss army knife. People will assume that each component is some limited version. We want to market a powerful "Asset Exchange", "Arbitrary Messages", etc. Each should be strong enough to standalone and even have its own non-generic identity.

We don't want it to be like seeing generic versions of many different types of products, but rather premium versions each in its own category. NXT is always there under the hood, powering things. Anybody that digs below the surface will find that NXT is powering a whole lot of things.

For example, a company like Johnson and Johnson has many recognizable brands, but they market each brand to its specific market. The fact that they are all Johnson and Johnson brands is not really a factor. Any investor that does research into JnJ will find out that it has all these brands and more: tylenol, visine, splenda, nicorrete, sudafed, listerene, band-aid, ben-gay, neosporin, etc.

Which is more impressive, a company with a dozen generic products or powerful brands in a dozen categories?

At some point, we probably should come up with a non-generic name for each of the new features. This can all be wrapped into a separate NXTIPO. Decentralized. Develop each brand independently. NXT becomes the sum of all the brands, but not just an additive sum, because NXT will be the ONLY crypto that has all these features and the smart investors will certainly figure this out

James

I like this idea. It allows for people to strike out on their own or in a group and pool all their energy to make one project really worthwhile.
Not everyone will be interested in all aspects anyway.

It also means you don't have to explain the whole project to every investor, but can focus on pitching the thing you are actually working on.

punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:27:51 PM

Stable release 0.5.5:

http://download.nxtcrypto.org/nxt-client-0.5.5.zip

sha256: aa20fb32fe7e6cda7debee59928d5aea8ff7c581c58a56ff68e8252eaf9368c7

0.5.4e worked really great. 24 hours+ and no re-scan necessary. Great work!
Now I will update to 0.5.5 - thanks!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:29:29 PM

Does anybody know how most websites that accept bitcoin implement the integration? If we can define the exact way most websites accept bitcoin, then we can create a compatibility glue layer that lets them use the same (even identical) interface to accept NXT.

Ideally, we could say, just copy and paste your bitcoin acceptance HTML, change bitcoin to NXT and now you can accept NXT on your website.

The easier we can make it for website owners to accept NXT, the more will. I just don't know the exact details on this.

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:36:11 PM

James

I like this idea. It allows for people to strike out on their own or in a group and pool all their energy to make one project really worthwhile.
Not everyone will be interested in all aspects anyway.

It also means you don't have to explain the whole project to every investor, but can focus on pitching the thing you are actually working on.

Exactly!

Also by tracking the transaction fees each NXTIPO company brings in, each company can get a proportional share of the community fund.

The donors can rest easy knowing that the people who helped bring in the most transaction fees (and most likely most new people) would get the most rewards. The people working within a NXTIPO company will all know that their work will be rewarded in direct proportion to how they helped NXT. For a lot of people, this could be a secondary motivation, but it is always nice to know that you have done a good job.

New NXTIPO companies can spontaneously form in a totally decentralized way, knowing that they won't have to beg for bounties, they just need to bring in transaction fees and they will get rewarded. For some people this could be a primary motivation and that is fine too.

Each person can simply ignore the NXTIPO companies they don't understand, and just get involved in the ones they like the most.

James

Pages: « 1 ... 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: